Shounen - [Webtoon] DICE by Yunhyunseok | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen [Webtoon] DICE by Yunhyunseok

kendama

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mayotte
Sorry, I meant if she had caught him before he took down Teacher Chun. If she had been able to destroy the door for example. I don't agree with Teacher Kim being able to defeat her. He didn't, and still doesn't have a significant amount of dice and, consequently, stats. Mio is definitely physically weaker than Taebin and Dongtae, but she's still strong. She was able to leave Daewoong (tank character who had been gathering a huge amount of dice with his guild) out of combat with a single hit during the Eunju quest. Yeah, she had the element of surprise, that doesn't necesarily mean that she could have defeated him in an open 1v1, but I'm only trying to prove that she's stronger than an ordinary person. If she was able to defeat someone like that a long time ago she shouldn't have any problems in taking down someone who became a dicer two days ago or less.
Mio didn't really defeat Daewoong, she only caused him to fall down the staircase and won Dongtae and Taebin a few crucial minutes. That kick didn't need much strength because he was at the top of the stairs and lost balance easily. A normal human could have done that, in my opinion, and yes, the element of surprise made a huge difference.

Until I see clear-cut evidence that Mio is physically stronger than a grown young man like teacher Kim (whose body, from its shape beneath the clothes, appears to be quite fit), I prefer to believe the outcome would be favourable to him. In my opinion, Mio spent the vast majority of her 125 Dice on her looks. Maybe a little on agility, but since Eunju can keep up with her while running, it cannot have been much.

(Well, she was able to beat Dongtae up in the Babel Arc, and again in the Joker Arc, but Dongtae wasn't really putting up any resistance because he is a gentleman.)

So far in the War Quest, I have seen two people doing productive things: Eunju, by trying to find answers, and Che-hyun, by actually using his brain. Mio and Dongtae have been disappointing, although I'm sure they mean well and in the case of Dongtae, being one of the most powerful A-Rankers makes up for his rather foolish approach of "hit first, think later".

Last edited:

POW

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Out of curiosity why are some chapters 17 pages and most others over 40 ?? It's something I've been curious about since I'm new to Korean Manhwa's.

kendama

Reaction score
Country
Mayotte
Out of curiosity why are some chapters 17 pages and most others over 40 ?? It's something I've been curious about since I'm new to Korean Manhwa's.
Hmmm… I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean chapter 107 is only 17 pages long, that's because most aggregators uploaded a truncated version of the chapter lacking several pages. Go to the reader of Death Toll Edited Mangas or to Dicescans itself for a full version of the chapter.

Otherwise, the old Manga Editor, Silent Scans, spliced several pages together to ensure there would be no breaks in the art, so their releases have fewer "pages" because each page is much longer.

Dice chapters have consistently numbered between 37 and 42 pages each, a few of them as short as 34, a few as long as 52.

Chapter 108 is out.

While I am thrilled by the events in this chapter, and looking towards the fight between Attack and Defence that is about to unfold (I've betted correctly in my mind so far, I'd have earned quite a few Dice if I had taken part in Dice Toto!), I am more interested in Dongtae's reflections.

Dongtae is inching towards an understanding of what the real problem is, but I was quite disappointed to see that he still focuses on bringing down X and refuses to see Dice as a problem in and of themselves.

The main issue to consider:

i. He is thinking of "surpassing X" by "collecting enough Dice".

What is that supposed to mean? Dongtae cannot be so stupid (well, he can, seeing that even a non-Dicer as Eunju "gets it" better than he, or anyone else for that matter) to think that piling up on ordinary Dice and maxing out all his skills will bring him any closer to defeating X. X creates the blue Dice and gives them off like there's no tomorrow, and on top of that they don't enable users to cross the dimensional barrier or whatever it is that separates this world from his abode.

So does it mean that Dongtae is beginning to consider engaging other A-Rankers in PVP fights? Has he come to the realisation that he needs to do that in order to take X on? Is he going to stare into the abyss, after all?

If so, it's a new level of hypocrisy in this series, because that's exactly what he told Taebin he would not do when he refused to cooperate with him back in the Icarus Arc. Maybe Dongtae is perfect for Mio after all, both are such perfect hypocrites that they have to end up together.

Well, not quite, they are just fools who are being painted into a moral corner and will eventually realise that they cannot have their cake and eat it.

I suppose Dongtae could vie for the S-Rank by fighting A-Rankers in self-defence or to protect other people. Now we know it is possible to beat up an A-Ranker within and inch of killing them, collect their A-Rank Die and let them live, like Mooyoung inadvertently did to Dawn, the possibility is there for becoming a "moral" S-Rank candidate, without having to stain one's hands with blood.

However, Dongtae doesn't know that. The only A-Rankers he knows to have had their Dice harvested died in the process. Even Taebin has only now found out that it's possible to survive the loss of one's A-Rank Die. And in any case, without actively going after A-Rank Dice of the skills he needs, Dongtae is very unlikely to come across them in fights by chance. For example, whom would he get his Clairvoyance and Psychokinesis Dice from?

Anothe important issue:

ii. His notion of "changing the rules of Dice"

That looks more like a pie in the sky than anything. He himself concluded that Dice are fueled by desire, and X has confirmed that to Eunju. So I don't think Dongtae wants to face the fact that even the Game Master is unlikely to be able to change the way they are distributed. I think he is going to have to face some very hard truths in the near future.

Minor issues:

iii. How did Dawn become an A-Ranker again?

iv. Crazy speculation time: what if Mio is actively trying to prevent Eunju from becoming a Dicer not because she believes it's the right thing to do, but because she fears Eunju might a) really find a way to destroy Dice, for the existence whereof Mio has thanked god; or b) get closer to Dongtae while both fight against X and sideline her. Sometimes I wonder about Mio's insistence in saying that Eunju must stay put and do nothing...

... and sometimes I wonder if her insecurities might turn Mio into an enemy if she realises Dongtae intends to move against Dice. I know this theory is ripe for the mad house, just like the one I had a while ago that there might be a Death Flag on her. And in any case, Mio was the one who told Dongtae that "changing just one person is plenty", which might prove important in the end. (And yet, this may turn out to be ironic, so we're left wondering.)

v. So while it is clear now, and will be explained later, that Taebin and Mooyoung share an existence, I am really curious as to how Mooyoung manifests. After all, people have seen him in flesh and blood during the Babel Arc.

Well, as usual, I cannot wait for the next chapter. I'm betting on Defence for this period!

Last edited:

Iskar Jarak

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
iv. Crazy speculation time: what if Mio is actively trying to prevent Eunju from becoming a Dicer not because she believes it's the right thing to do, but because she fears Eunju might a) really find a way to destroy Dice, for the existence whereof Mio has thanked god; or b) get closer to Dongtae while both fight against X and sideline her. Sometimes I wonder about Mio's insistence in saying that Eunju must stay put and do nothing...

... and sometimes I wonder if her insecurities might turn Mio into an enemy if she realises Dongtae intends to move against Dice. I know this theory is ripe for the mad house, just like the one I had a while ago that there might be a Death Flag on her. And in any case, Mio was the one who told Dongtae that "changing just one person is plenty", which might prove important in the end. (And yet, this may turn out to be ironic, so we're left wondering.)
Hey, we had a somewhat longer discussion a couple chapters back at dicescans and I finally made the jump to the forums.
I think you are quite off track here. As far as I took that scene, Mio was acting completely in character stopping Eunju: She had a big revelation moment in chapter 105 when Eunju explained to her how it´s wrong to play X´s game. Only moments later Eunju is heavily tempted to use the dice. Since that revelation is quite new and prevalent, she immediately sees the mistake in that (which she never would have before) and stops Eunju. Mio thinking of (or even more pulling) hidden scemes in the middle of this whole mess seems highly unlikely to me. I also do not think your scenario of Mio turning on Dongtae is likely, but a whole lot more possible than this.

Last edited:

kendama

Reaction score
Country
Mayotte
Hey, we had a somewhat longer discussion a couple chapters back at dicescans and I finally made the jump to the forums.
I think you are quite off track here. As far as I took that scene, Mio was acting completely in character stopping Eunju: She had a big revelation moment in chapter 105 when Eunju explained to her how it´s wrong to play X´s game. Only moments later Eunju is heavily tempted to use the dice. Since that revelation is quite new and prevalent, she immediately sees the mistake in that (which she never would have before) and stops Eunju. Mio thinking of (or even more pulling) hidden scemes in the middle of this whole mess seems highly unlikely to me. I also do not think your scenario of Mio turning on Dongtae is likely, but a whole lot more possible than this.
Hi there, welcome!

Yeah, I know my theory is crazy, but I like to put everything that crosses my mind here so I can come back later to develop it in case it proves true. I actually speculated about Taebin and Mooyoung being the same person quite a while back. And when it is disproved, at least I keep a record of my previous thoughts on the matter.

I like your interpretation, it makes Mio more or less like Eunju's disciple, and in this case the disciple is reminding the master of their own lessons. I'll be really happy if that is the case.

However, I will wait a little until I judge Mio's actions. I want to see where she stands when a way of stopping X and destroying Dice appears.

I like Mio. She is very insecure but makes tremendous effort to overcome her insecurities and be self-assertive. It's just that I'd like her to think more thoroughly about things. I don't think she is scheming something, but I am really afraid that she comes to the belief that she might return to her previous state in case Eunju or Dongtae (or both) destroy Dice and the thought of it drives her mad. She seems to be invested in the idea that Dice are beneficial even more than Dongtae, and I wonder whether she could become fanatical about it at a certain point.

More specifically, I am curious at that moment in the end of the first break when Mio made a curious expression at Eunju's decision to apologise to Dongtae for having thought he had spread the Dice. I'm also curious about the continuation of what Eunju began to say: "And also…" I think understanding what Mio was thinking and what Eunju has to say will be very important for us to understand how their characters will develop.

Zoofranz

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I don't see how Dongtae is being hypocrite either. When he was talking to Taebin he had his conviction (I have no interest in gathering A-Rank abilities). But many things happened since then. He is thinking about what he is facing, how far X can go and what he can do to change things. Having all those things in mind, he's now starting to consider that he may have to gather the rest of the A-Rank skills, and in order to do that, to defeat other Dicers. If he proceeds with that, he will be acting according to his new line of thinking and that wouldn't be hypocrite in my opinion.

He would be a hypocrite if, for example, he had finished Samsusaeng after knocking him down (and before having the reflections from these last chapters) and then said something like "Yeah, I know what I said, but he was lying there, it was a free yellow dice you know?"

Last edited:

kendama

Reaction score
Country
Mayotte
Yeah, after I wrote, I considered that well, maybe Dongtae and Mio are simply beginning to understand what Eunju has been trying to say all this time.

So what I call hypocrisy may be simply enlightenment. I see your point. It's just that their incomplete understanding sometimes gets on my nerves. Then again, if they had understood everything like Eunju, we would have no story to begin with.

Still, Dongtae doesn't have a solution for X yet. It's one thing to fight in self-defence and to protect the school, but he will most likely have to face the issue of actively harvesting Dice. Right now, for example, even if he defeats Samsusaeng, Daewoong and Dawn (highly improbable), he would still have to find Psychokinesis and Clairvoyance. How is he going to do that? Just wait until they come to pick a fight? What if Mooyoung/Taebin gets to them first?

So Dongtae is still a victim of X's mindset. He will have to let go of his morality and hunt down A-Rankers, is that it? Will be become the thing he detests - like X taunted Eunju about in the Icarus Arc - in order to bring down X? But isn't that exactly what Mooyoung aims to achieve, committing a lesser evil in name of a greater good?

Isn't that what Eunju was talking about back in the Taebin (Mooyoung) Arc? That in the end, the only thing that will change will be themselves?

But I don't blame Dongtae entirely. He is just reaping what he has sown. That he and Eunju have painted themselves into a moral corner is a consequence of their lack of reflection when they first entered into a Faustian bargain with X.

Chapter 109 is out.

(Now I think of it, the first hint of the author about the Taebin/Mooyoung fusion was the name of that arc.)

Loooots of information, so I find it pointless to dwell on each and every detail. A few things of interest.

Continuing the trend of literary analogies (Dongtae/Faust, Eunju/Job etc.), I'd say Mooyoung is a perfect analogy to the Sysyphean Myth. In a sense, I feel quite sorry for him, even though he is completely despicable in his disregard for the lives of humans he is willing to sacrifice: in the end, he is just another piece in X's game. It shouldn't be a surprise that Taebin/Mooyoung was represented by X as both a Bishop and a Pawn a few chapters ago. Mooyoung is the Bishop, and Taebin is the Pawn, I suppose.

Now I'm even more curious at to how Mooyoung will manifest separately from Taebin. It's clear now that Taebin is experiencing a split personality, but we have even video footage proving that at a certain point, Mooyoung did appear physically.

We got our first glimpse of the Final Die, a full view of X and one very important piece of information: A-Rank Dice weaken the power of the Final Die as they are distributed.

So Mooyoung's plan is very sound, even though X seems to be aware of his intentions and not worried in the least.

However, I wonder: is it necessarily so that S-Rank candidates must fight against each other before the winner takes X on? I wonder whether it would be possible for Taebin to take over control of his personality instead of Mooyoung and whether it would be possible for both Dongtae and Taebin to confront X together.

An unanswered question: if X extracted all of his Dice, how did Taebin/Mooyoung re-acquire Time Pause? Did he pursue another A-Rank quest as Mooyoung before transferring to the new school as Taebin? And what about Dawn? Or is this a plot hole? Well, whatever, it's not that important.

I'm glad that Mio is beginning to use her brain for a change. Still, I'm surprised at how little she and Dongtae act as a team: I mean, she could do better than chase teacher Kim and go to the auditorium to offer him her support. Wasn't it the point of joining the Defence team in the first place, being his strength, or so she said?

And I still think chasing teacher Kim to be quite pointless at this moment, and dangerous, too, not only because the teacher looks stronger but because the girls are bound to run into Taebin/Mooyoung and Dawn. Which of course is what the author wants, so I'll let the matter rest for now.

(May I also point out that if two S-Rank candidates are to come into being, Mio definitely has a Death Flag over her. Or maybe she will end up like Dawn.)

One thing that they ought to improve on, though, is their information sharing. I cannot dispel the idea that Mio should share her information on Taebin with Eunju. That could prevent something ugly thing from happening down the road. Alas, Mio seems to be still somewhat dismissive of Eunju as someone who can help little and is uninvolved in the whole affair as a Non-Dicer (which makes her previous confrontation of Eunju even more contradictory, by the way).

Finally, let me point out the greatest irony of all: not only is Dongtae ignorant and powerless against X, everything he has been doing so far has been conceived of and anticipated by Taebin/Mooyoung. He has been playing right into their hands and isn't even aware of it. That's the textbook definition of the useful idiot. Well, it's the price he pays for accepting a pact with a supernatural entity he doesn't know the first thing about.

An interesting point, though: in chapters three to five, Taebin actually gave up on making Dongtae an ally and tried to prevent him from keeping the Die X dropped his way. Since Dawn asked Dongtae the circumstances under which he got his Die, I think this will be relevant.

Chapter 110 is up.

Well, the whole nature of the eternal loop involving Mooyoung and X is more or less exposed now, so I have little to add.

I'm somewhat intrigued by how the story seems to have sidelined Dongtae for the moment. Right now, the events that are happening and going to happen in the storage room are more important.

From what X says, he won't wait for two S-Rank candidates to arise. As soon as there is one, they will be transported to his place to face him. So the idea of two candidates allying against him seems less likely as chances are very low that they will come into being at the same time.

So I'm guessing... Taebin/Mooyoung (Tae-young for short) will face him first, and later Dongtae? Or something like that.

I'm also curious about teacher Kim's role. Who will have their Levitation Die harvested? He or Dawn? It's counterintuitive, but I'm guessing Kim will intervene against her, as he will realise he can become Tae-young's minion and having a redundant Die, he will be at little danger of being attacked.

And depending on the timing, things can go south for Mio, really bad and really quick. It's already reckless enough for her doggedly to pursue the teacher without even having a plan, but she doesn't know she is going straight into the lion's den: two veteran Dicers, one having three skills, are right at her destination. I am afraid there really is a Death Flag over her. Her only stroke of luck is that they don't know for sure she is an A-Ranker. But teacher Kim suspects it.

As for Eunju, she can always surrender her Die, so I don't fear for her safety. So all will depend on whether Dongtae will make it on time to save the day or not.

Last edited:

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Late reply, usually they're a long strip that you endlessly scroll, the Manga Editors probably take the liberty of trimming them into a more standard page size/ratio than leaving them just be, so you get more 'pages.'

kendama

Reaction score
Country
Mayotte
Chapter 111 is out.

Well, most people will probably shriek in joy that Eunju might be stabbed, or roll up their eyes in disgust that she is still kind enough to show humane concern for Taebin on seeing him in that predicament. "Is she a bitch in heat?", I expect them to say.

I have no time for that nonsense. More importantly, I am wondering whether Eunju won't inadvertently give Taebin her A-Rank Die in a desperate attempt to save him. That would cause Mooyoung to awaken, and I am sure Dawn is no match to him, Gravity Press and all. That would be unfortunate indeed.

As for Mio, she seems to have noticed something on Taebin while he is under increased gravity. From what I could see, some interference is causing her to be able to see a shadow of Mooyoung next to Taebin. It's visible on page 34.

As for Dongtae, Mio seems to have been inadvertently able to accomplish what she (and most readers) wanted: to drive a wedge between Dongtae and Eunju. His gnashing of teeth leaves no room for doubt: due to Mio's message lacking detail, he jumped to the conclusion that Eunju is a hypocrite who ended up becoming a Dicer, and an A-Ranker at that, despite all she said. This kind of misunderstanding normally presages tragedy. Now I'm even more convinced that Mio has a Death Flag over her: Dongtae will spurn Eunju, confess his feelings to Mio only to lose her. If it happens, it will be a fitting end to his folly.

POW

Reaction score
Country
United States
Awesome revelations in the last 2 chapters ,looks like kendama was on to something with Mooyoung & Taebin. We even got to see the final die and learned how its power is connected to all the dice.

Eunju needs to give that dice to somebody already.

Zoofranz

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I wonder if Dawn is onto something when she says that killing Mooyoung will end the game, or if it's just an assumption she's making.

Inb4, Teacher Kim: "Everyone, give me your Dice and no one gets hurt"

kendama

Reaction score
Country
Mayotte
I wonder if Dawn is onto something when she says that killing Mooyoung will end the game, or if it's just an assumption she's making.

Inb4, Teacher Kim: "Everyone, give me your Dice and no one gets hurt"
You know, I hadn't thought of that... indeed, targeting Mooyoung will solve very little from what we can see, as X is still out there to make mischief.

It will definitely break the loop in which Mooyoung takes over people's bodies to face X time and again. But there is nothing to prevent another Dicer from going crazy and starting it all over.

There is also the issue that he has a contract with X according to which he is bound to play against him forever. I wonder whether X wouldn't step in to prevent Dawn or anyone from killing him as it would eliminate his partner.

Unless, and that may be his goal, Mooyoung is replaced by someone even more interesting, like Eunju.

And now I come to think of it, what if X's true goal is not to find his successor as S-Ranker, but to find someone more interesting to replace Mooyoung and become his eternal playing partner? What if this whole War is just a farce, or rigged in such a way that no one can defeat X if they play by his rules? X does seem very confident that he cannot be defeated.

requiem46

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
hello all, I'm a long time reader of DICE (I started when the webtoon was somewhere around the first 20 chapters?) and since I have found the latest chapters pretty interesting, I decided to re-read this from the beginning for the first time since then. Random thoughts on the story so far:

-Hello Taebin, how the hell could you be so retarded to agree to help and save the life of this guy who had just brutally killed all of your friends in front of you? Here's your big moron award, congratulations

-To me, this story both feels like it's getting close to its end and that there's a long way to go until it. It might have to do with the very few A-rankers who have been properly introduced so far. Who are the other 3 neutral dicers, what are the other people in the attack team doing (same as Daewong?), and my particular favorite, who else has clairvoyance and when is s/he going to reveal something?

-Eunju's "do I become a dicer or not" has been going on for way too long. Right now I'm kinda torn between both options: She's pretty useless and always in the way as an NPC (as shown clearly in the last chapter), but she's the only non-dicer character in this story and that makes her more interesting than all the others (which reminds me, what about her background with the Piano, the scar and the possible car accident?)

-Mio and Jihae's reads on Taebin and Muyoung respectively are the same "profiles overlap", so I think it's implied that Muyoung's 'tanned' body is probably not his original one. I'm guessing that Original!Muyoung might be as young as X was before becoming a twisted Peter Pan of sorts, and this cycle has been going on for years. But if that were the case, X would probably have been bored of Muyoung already... Unless of course, Muyoung had simply been going with the usual "HE WHO WINS THIS LAST ROUND WINS IT ALL!!!" argument that kids love using. But in order to use it, you also have to increase the profit for the other party. I'm guessing that by now, Muyoung's soul for eternity might be the wage. So I agree that X is tired of Muyoung, and he currently thinks that Eunju/Miss Princess is the most interesting person out there to be his new playmate. But first he has to beat Muyoung again, and THEN he finds a new playmate, which is why he's so happy that Muyoung may get to be an s-ranker right about now.

-Dawn is pretty cool, what with the totally reckless behaviour in order to get her revenge. Shame that storytelling rules imply that she's totally gonna get killed here. I don't think killing Muyoung will put an end to the dice game... but it will put an end to the cycle of creating dicers, killing them, facing X and losing, creating new dicers and repeat.

kendama

Reaction score
Country
Mayotte
hello all, I'm a long time reader of DICE (I started when the webtoon was somewhere around the first 20 chapters?) and since I have found the latest chapters pretty interesting, I decided to re-read this from the beginning for the first time since then. Random thoughts on the story so far:

-Hello Taebin, how the hell could you be so retarded to agree to help and save the life of this guy who had just brutally killed all of your friends in front of you? Here's your big moron award, congratulations
Welcome, hope you enjoy the discussion. My view on the point you have raised:

- Taebin's decision to help Mooyoung has been well explained by a person who commented in Dicescans:

Inserting himself into a loser kid's life, causing that kid to become extremely attached to him to the point of codependency, then using that kid as a proxy to restore himself.
These things cannot be explained in a fully rational way, much as we, detached observers, would like to. And I would point out that it may sound paradoxical, but by killing all the other friends, Mooyoung left Taebin nothing to return to other than himself. Since letting him die won't bring his friends back, Taebin, in his desperation for saving anything from his brief life of joy, did something very stupid: helping their killer, who also happens to be his saviour. Complicated stuff, but not unprecedented.

joshua019

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Finished the whole thing binge 65 in 1 night! felt awful at work the next day, but it was worth it. I'll put as top 2 in my manhwa category only below ToG, much better than gamer by a mile.

The characters has so much depth, there's a sense of insecurity in every character, which is rarely seen in most fantasy/action genre as whole, it was quite refreshing to read. This manhwa has explored areas of desire and wanting to be someone else, and the envy at someone appearance, intellect and social stature. I also like the game approach to it, it is not overly done like the gamer to a fault, it has manage to achieve a great balance with the story telling and you see very little dice grinding compared the gamer which the story pretty much revolves around grinding lvls.

kendama

Reaction score
Country
Mayotte
Finished the whole thing binge 65 in 1 night! felt awful at work the next day, but it was worth it. I'll put as top 2 in my manhwa category only below ToG, much better than gamer by a mile.
Welcome to the forums, but…

65?

Hmmm… I guess you have read it only on LINE Webtoons?

The Manga Editors are 46 chapters ahead of that:

Go to Death Toll Edited Mangas, click on their reader and you will see they hosted all chapters by Dicescans, everything up to 111, which is the latest chapter in Korea.

Until you do catch up, beware of reading comments here lest you be spoiled.

joshua019

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums, but…

65?

Hmmm… I guess you have read it only on LINE Webtoons?

The Manga Editors are 46 chapters ahead of that:

Go to Death Toll Edited Mangas, click on their reader and you will see they hosted all chapters by Dicescans, everything up to 111, which is the latest chapter in Korea.

Until you do catch up, beware of reading comments here lest you be spoiled.
fantastic, thanks a lot I can binge some more.

kendama

Reaction score
Country
Mayotte
fantastic, thanks a lot I can binge some more.
No problem. I actually feel a little sorry that you got to know DICE via LINE... I can't say I like the official releases. Their translation is tolerable, although they don't use proofreaders, but they compress the JPEG images to save memory and resize them, causing colours to become faded and lines, blurred. Their typesetting is also amateurish. You will see the difference in image quality of the Manga Editor releases. (And I'm not saying that because I am their proofreader and typesetter, the previous Manga Editors were even better than we.)

Zoofranz

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I remember how happy I was when I used to read Dice on mangafox and I found out that dicescans was 10 chapters ahead at that time. Moreover, they were the last chapters of the first season, so I got to read all of the DongtaexMio date chapters in a row, it was pretty intense!

And by the way, it's really hard to speculate on how will the guys at the storage room react to Teacher Kim's plan. I keep on thinking that Mio can beat him a fight but she can't clairvoyance him to death so she has no way of stopping him without hurting Eunju. Dawn has no reason at all to protect Eunju. In fact, if she had come across her in the hallways she would have just killed her like a fly. And even if she wanted to, she can't move right now because of levitation lvl 3 restriction. I don't think she wants to take the risk of letting Taebin go.

joshua019

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just checked a random chapter ~40, the difference is drastic. Story always is number 1 for me, I might have to re-read it later on to get the full experience of the manga, not to mention the efforts you guys have put in to it. webtoons is not too bad, it has some random music insert, adds some dramatic flair to the story.