Discussion - What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next? | Page 26 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just read a bit of the manga by same author as KonoSuba called Sentouin, Hakenshimasu!

Very enjoyable. Bit like if Kazuma was reborn as supervillain minion then sent off to conquer another world. With the results that would be expected from someone like Kazuma.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Reading more manga again recently. Besides my weekly/monthly reads, I started some "new" ones: Claymore, Akatsuki no Yona, Soul Eater and Spy X Family.

Also rereading Rurouni Kenshin and Lone Wolf and Cub for the first time in ages (thanks, Top 10 game).

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
currently reading Nyankees on mangarock. It's about cats! :XD but unfortunately it's super underrated and mangarock only translated from chapter 1 to 16 and then stopped it seems 😥 I hope all cat lovers on MH read it :3

for now I still dont know what I will read next yet. Perhaps 5toubun? 🤔 that said I havent fulfilled my promise to Demonspeed :teehee

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
So I know who Marian is for Husbando Wars, I'll be starting D-Gray Man sometime this month. Kasane and Kimi wa Pet after that.

I'm catching up with Edens Zero and Akatsuki no Yona. Might be a good time to resume Vinland Saga as well.

Recently read Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai. Surprised with how funny and charming it was.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
So I know who Marian is for Husbando Wars, I'll be starting D-Gray Man sometime this month. Kasane and Kimi wa Pet after that.

I'm catching up with Edens Zero and Akatsuki no Yona. Might be a good time to resume Vinland Saga as well.

Recently read Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai. Surprised with how funny and charming it was.
You re not ready for Marian's greatness :teehee

Currently reading kasane, otoyomegatari & yugami (surprisingly good, indeed).

Reading more manga again recently. Besides my weekly/monthly reads, I started some "new" ones: Claymore, Akatsuki no Yona, Soul Eater and Spy X Family.

Also rereading Rurouni Kenshin and Lone Wolf and Cub for the first time in ages (thanks, Top 10 game).
Spy family & Lone wolf & cub (actually ive started to read 1st 2 or 3 chaps to check it will definitely read it Asap) are next on my list with Solanin & Mushishi.

desperately looking for a manga about flamenco but seems its not yet manga material enough :arf

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Wonder Cat Kyuu-chan :blush

thanks to Battou

Haya-san

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Finished Gotoubun no Hanayome vol 10. Gotoubun put me in mood for more RomComs and am tempted to try Boarding School Juliet, especially that I heard it ended.

Also reading Dungeon Meshi (up to vol 3) and also picked up Kimetsu no Yaiba vol 1.

Haven't read Vinland Saga and Historie in years. I found it difficult to keep up with a monthly manga and it's better to read them in bulks every few years. I'm surprised Kodansha hasn't published Historie yet in English, considering it takes place in Ancient Greece and the main character is a general and secretary to Alexander.

Been thinking about rereading Basara by Yumi Tamura (highly recommended, even if you're not into shoujo mangas)

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Caught up Spy & Family, still reading Otoyomenogatari, Yugami & Kasane.
Started Subaru, its surprisingly good so far, got caught into it since chapter 1, its really emotional (but have to warn typestting is really bad ). Just hope quality doesnt drop.

Wanted to read Hadashi no gen, but, cant find over chap 4 online, and volumes are uber expensive.

Next on my list a lot of things, among them, id love to start :
- My Home Hero ( synops : For the sake of his daughter, a middle-aged man,Tosu Tetsuo must go against a crime syndicate)

- Oishii Kankei (synopsis Growing up, Fujiwara Momoe loved to eat, and was always treated to gourmet meals by her affluent parents. After her father’s death, Momoe and her mother find themselves in an unstable financial situation, and Momoe is forced to support the both of them, without any of the delicious food she once enjoyed (she can’t cook to save her life). One day, she walks into a small French restaurant, and after falling in love with the food, asks to work their under head chef Oda Keiji. The story then begins to follow Momoe’s journey and professional growth within the culinary world, and her own personal growth as a result. Will Momoe be able to overcome the shortcomings she possesses by being the product of doting parents and learn to assert her independence? )

-Emma
+
other mangas mentionned previously.

no priority, usually start by shorter stuff to catch or depending on my mood.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh just started a couple of My home hero chapters, its promising so far.

Last edited:

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
I just read Taki Takanosuke's Walking Time. It's a 21 chps story about the relationship between a retired CEO of a big company and a young lady with whom he crosses his way in his walking times (it's not about an old guy who captures the hearts of many women as said in bakaupdates and mangadex's abstracts). The outcome surprised me. The art is nice, sensitive and very telling, which is really a good thing given that there's no many dialogues. I had a nice time reading it.

It's a shame there's no more English scans of this author.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Currently reading Chainsaw Man. Got a couple chapters before catching up. Plan on reading Eden's Zero after I'm done.

SnuggleCupcake

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I'm currently reading I Love Yoo and I'm almost caught up! As for what's next, I dunno yet. I'm gonna pick something from my Webtoons list though cause there's a dozen series in it that have been recommended to me ^^

thebuxers

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So what all have you read? What are you current reading? What are you enjoying? What didn't you like?

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m currently reading Black Butler and Negima.

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Recently read up to date on Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, and Mashle. I enjoyed all three to some degree.

Mashle I really liked. Very fun One Punch Man style comedy. Not a lot to say really. Great reaction shots.

Jujutsu Kaisen I picked up because of the anime and I liked the anime more than the manga for a lot of reasons. I still liked the manga but it's a little too unfocused for me. It's not really as much about hunting down there demon parts instead it's plotted very chaotically. And it has that KnY/Snk vibe for me where the deaths come fast and clumped together in such a way that I don't feel emotionally impacted by them. Especially just reading straight through it like I did. Still enjoyable though.

Chainsaw Man I'm a bit lukewarm on. It reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul but without as much soap opera. It's really leaning on the bodycount and the gore more than I think it should. It really seemed like a manga that was trying really hard to shock me. Which doesn't really work. Felt it was at it's strongest when it was exploring it's characters. Which it does do occasionally. The human and the inhuman and where those intersect and where the protagonist lands on that scale. It just doesn't do enough of that for me. That said I don't dislike it. It just feels like it's underachieving for the ideas it has to me.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Just started Insomniacs After School because of the Manga club.

Recently read up to date on Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, and Mashle. I enjoyed all three to some degree.

Mashle I really liked. Very fun One Punch Man style comedy. Not a lot to say really. Great reaction shots.

Jujutsu Kaisen I picked up because of the anime and I liked the anime more than the manga for a lot of reasons. I still liked the manga but it's a little too unfocused for me. It's not really as much about hunting down there demon parts instead it's plotted very chaotically. And it has that KnY/Snk vibe for me where the deaths come fast and clumped together in such a way that I don't feel emotionally impacted by them. Especially just reading straight through it like I did. Still enjoyable though.

Chainsaw Man I'm a bit lukewarm on. It reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul but without as much soap opera. It's really leaning on the bodycount and the gore more than I think it should. It really seemed like a manga that was trying really hard to shock me. Which doesn't really work. Felt it was at it's strongest when it was exploring it's characters. Which it does do occasionally. The human and the inhuman and where those intersect and where the protagonist lands on that scale. It just doesn't do enough of that for me. That said I don't dislike it. It just feels like it's underachieving for the ideas it has to me.
No Undead Unluck? :nah

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just started Insomniacs After School because of the Manga club.

No Undead Unluck? :nah
Not yet.

Finished my shounen jump adventure with Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, and a brief stint of reading Phantom Seer and Ghost Reaper Girl.

Undead Unluck I did not enjoy. It inhabits this weird place for me where I can't take it seriously but also don't actually think anything it's doing is funny. So, much like Jojo, it just doesn't work for me.

Mission: Yozakura Family I liked. Just your classic action/romcom hybrid. I would say it could use a little more romcom in the mix. It's not going to blow anybody's doors off but it's a solid enough manga.

Phantom Seer I was out on almost instantly. The MC is just too unlikable. I'm sure he has redeeming qualities of some sort that show up later but the overplayed the dick-ish aspect in the first chapter. So that series was DOA for me.

Ghost Reaper Girl. There is just something missing with this series. And I don't know what it is. I just know it's not there.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Reading Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia for the manga club. Other than that, I plan on reading Toriko, The Gamer, Dungeon Nursery, and GoH.

Really trying to get into LN as well.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Found one last Jump series to try, Boku No Hero: Vigilantes.

It was something I'd always dismissed as a spinoff of a manga. Something I've never had much luck with but this is GREAT! I'm really shocked by how much I like it. In fact, so far, I like it a lot more than Boku no Hero. Mainly because it drops the "systemic heroism" and focusing more on the individual characters and what motivates them, and very effectively at that. The result is something that feels a lot more like classic marvel comics.

Reading Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia for the manga club. Other than that, I plan on reading Toriko, The Gamer, Dungeon Nursery, and GoH.

Really trying to get into LN as well.
Lots of great LNs to get into. That's a fun rabbit hole to go down.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I just struggle thru life one rom com manga at a time.

Reading Asagao to Kase-san. Yuri romcom :hearts Will read a few others after that which seem more serious (Octave, Prism, and Philosophia).