Discussion - What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next? | Page 27 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next?

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Novel Updates is a handy way to find WN and LN translations.

For more mainstream stuff I tend to buy them.
See I'm able to find most things I'm looking for but Dies Irae is a series that I can't find online.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
See I'm able to find most things I'm looking for but Dies Irae is a series that I can't find online.
The problem you may be having there is that I believe that isn't LN but rather a Visual Novel. Which is available on Steam.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Decided to start reading new things since GoH I watch and I'm only reading Toriko atm.

Started Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san, Saint Oniisan, and Jojos

I'm loving LN's though and that's what I'm focusing on.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Caught up with Insomniacs After School.

Planning to start Sousou no Frieren this week. I need to catch up with Ace of Diamond too, been a while since I read it.

Might also start reading Ayakashi Triangle.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I am reading Your Throne, and will catch up with A Trail of Blood, Tongari Boushi no Atelier, and Otoyomegatari. If I accomplish that, I will start Oshi no Ko and Sousou no Frieren.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I am reading Your Throne, and will catch up with A Trail of Blood, Tongari Boushi no Atelier, and Otoyomegatari.
All 3 are great, art wise too you will be impressed when you catch them, though they re different all 3 have incredible panels ( some lovely Seiko ones too, :teehee her new style is stunning)

I'm almost caught up with Amanchu ( i really love this one, might pick Aria manga too, even though Im currently watching the anime) Started recently :
Wondance - a freestyle dance manga (more oriented hip hop), interesting so far, and, as it focuses a lot on the male mc's insecurities and trouble of communication. So far it's pretty good. I like the art too.

Sakamoto days , a pleasant surprise, so far.
Ookiku Furikabutte i had my eyes on it for a long time, very promising, but put it on hold coz its too long, there"s almost 200 chaps, each chap is between 60-70 pages, will pick it back when i catch some other stuff like Gekkan shojo Nozaki-kun/chihayafuru.

+Hirayasumi (forgot that) a very nice slice of life , at least so far.

+intend to catch up vinland saga and berserk asap :arf

There's many promising Manga I started or want to start, some have no English translation yet sadly. But I will update asap and give my opinion about those I could start.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Caught up with the English translations of Soukyuu no Ariadne by Norihiro Yagi(Claymore, Angel Densetsu). I started the series at launch but then translations stopped for a while and so did I. I had two years of chapters to read.

Planning to read Dandadan next since it won the Best New Manga Awards. Then I'll catch up with a few other series.

Will read Otoyomegatari, Houseki no Kuni, Jujutsu Kaisen and Mairimashita Iruma-kun next. Will probably read the shortest first.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I finally started Otoyomegatari. The art is so good... Kinda confused by the name of the heroine though. Makes me wonder if there is an in-universe reason for it but no one brought it up.

I will read Sakamoto Days once I catch up.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I finally started Otoyomegatari. The art is so good... Kinda confused by the name of the heroine though. Makes me wonder if there is an in-universe reason for it but no one brought it up.

I will read Sakamoto Days once I catch up.
Awesome :zomg
Otoyo art is amazing, yeah in scan version Mc name was Amira, but in official release it's Amir, I ve read that Amir is masculine and Amira feminine version (which is btw a beautiful name), I guess Amira makes more sense. in any case, its an amazing manga.
Sakamoto days is currently one of the best WSj manga, it has nothing news or special but it does well,i liek teh comedic/parodic moments, you will find out probably some references/analogies, it has that Gintama vibes but less crazy. hopefully quality wont drop.

Im happy Kimi wa Nazotoki no Ma Chérie is licenced in eng and will start seemingly Asap ( the website said in August, :zomg) I was waiting for this one, and for Akanesasu Zakuro no Miyako , the later got scanlated lately. So far its definitely my kind of stuff.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Awesome :zomg
Otoyo art is amazing, yeah in scan version Mc name was Amira, but in official release it's Amir, I ve read that Amir is masculine and Amira feminine version (which is btw a beautiful name), I guess Amira makes more sense. in any case, its an amazing manga.
Sakamoto days is currently one of the best WSj manga, it has nothing news or special but it does well,i liek teh comedic/parodic moments, you will find out probably some references/analogies, it has that Gintama vibes but less crazy. hopefully quality wont drop.

Im happy Kimi wa Nazotoki no Ma Chérie is licenced in eng and will start seemingly Asap ( the website said in August, :zomg) I was waiting for this one, and for Akanesasu Zakuro no Miyako , the later got scanlated lately. So far its definitely my kind of stuff.

Yes the art is really good. Read 5 volumes so far.

Amira means "Princess" and Amir "Prince" so yes it's kinda weird when you are familiar with the names.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I am reading Your Throne, and will catch up with A Trail of Blood, Tongari Boushi no Atelier, and Otoyomegatari. If I accomplish that, I will start Oshi no Ko and Sousou no Frieren.
Tried Oshi no Ko, could be good, didn't give it enough of a chance. Caught up with the rest, just now with Frieren.

Recently finished Daytime Shooting Star. Another one of those love-triangle shoujo with a student-teacher angle, so a bad, scalene love-triangle. Idk why I do this to myself :fail but at least I got some good outcomes from it.

Going to read Joshikohei, and I will try Are Your Feelings Connected by Yuri SM?

Tanuki25

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Still reading (every month):
New Prince of Tennis
Akatsuki no Yona
Skip Beat!
Fairy Tail 100years Quest
Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler)
Akagami no Shiayukihime

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Caught back up with Vinland Saga a while back and loving this story arc.

Now going through Akanebanashi and enjoying it immensely.

Also started over with JJK to see if I can properly get further in than like 40-50 chapters this time. But that'll have to wait until I'm caught up with Akane.

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I'm reading soul eater, jagaaan and record of Ragnarok. If I finish this three I plan on rereading jujutsu kaisen, I plan on reading fire force and I plan on continuing berserk.

Rob Gucci

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Right I'm readying whatever my Edited Manga group is translating. Even if it's not something I'd usally read...