Favorites - What are your Top 5 Favorite Fights So Far? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites What are your Top 5 Favorite Fights So Far?

Meliodaf

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Since a lot threads get derailed over what fight was good and who should have won and so on, here's a thread to talk about your favorites.

Here's mine:
5. Meliodaf Vs Baan

This fight was good for what it was. And while it doesn't show as much currently, it did a great job of showing how ridiculously strong the Sins are. Overall it was a fun fight in Ban and Meliodas' friendly rivalry and in my opinion one of the best fights in the manga especially given time it happened.

4.Escanor vs. Izraf
This is the first time we see Escanor in action if I remember correctly and he doesn't disappoint. Escanor is his own hype train and his fight with Izaraf (If you can call it that) is complete justification. Watching Escanor tell Izraf to apologize for being born in his world before destroying him is easily one of the best moments in the manga.

3. Galan Vs. The Sins

New antagonist always seem like the looming threat they are but Galan took it even further in his thrashing of the Sins. Galan easily beating 4 Sins effortlessly made the Commandments seem like a serious threat. It also established his personality and leaves him as one of the better villains in the group and manga in general . I think this fight should be in everybody's top 5 fights

2.King vs. Helbram
This fight is improved by King's character and back story. The only way to protect Diane, is to kill the bestfriend he couldn't protect again. King takes a beating but ultimately deals the final blow for a hard earned win.

1. Meliodas vs. Escanor

This was probably obvious. We all knew this fight was coming and it didn't disappoint. The only real reason there is to dislike this fight is the result and that's honestly not a good enough reason.The Supreme Demon vs The Pinnacle Of Humanity. Escanor even admits he had always wanted to face Meliodas. We get to see Meliodas, the most Vile Demon face off against "The One" in a fight where both ultimately collapse after what is, in my opinion the best fight in the manga. This just adds to the long list of reasons Escanor doesn't mind making an enemy of anyone.

Honorable mention:
Ten Commandments vs Meliodas, Meliodas vs. Fraudrin, Escanor vs Estarossa , Merlin vs. Grayroad

What's everyone else's favorite fights?

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
My fights will be

Meliodas vs Escanor

Escanor vs Izraf

King vs Helbram in Lioness

Sins vs Hendrickson

Ban vs Galand

Yatozu

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
My fights are

5- Ten commandments vs Meliodas

4 -Sins vs Galon

3- Meliodas vs Escanor

2-Sins vs Hendrickson

1- Meliodas vs Gloxinia & Dolor
(I got hard after Mel showed his mark)

Tio

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
For me:
1 - Meliodas vs Ban (Byzel)

2 - Meliodas vs Diane (Byzel)

3 - King vs Helbram (Liones)

4 - Helbram vs Meliodas

5 - Diane vs Howzer

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
  1. Meliodas VS Escanor.
  2. Commandments VS Archangels.
  3. Meliodas VS Dolor and Gloxinia.
  4. Merlin VS Gray Lord.

After this it's hard to rank. I liked Escanor VS Estarossa a lot but the fight was not very dynamic. I think I prefer shorter fights and action scenes better overall but there are so many(Ban's fights at Edinburgh, Gowther VS Slader, Meliodas VS King, King VS Ban, King VS Guila and Jericho, Gowther VS Holy Knights, Dreyfus and Griamore VS Hendrickson, Meliodas VS Albion, Escanor VS Galan etc). The current fight against is pretty good, and so was the one with Mera but certain things annoyed me.

Last edited:

Sylphe

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Algeria
As for my top 5 :
1- Link Helbram vs Berserk Meliodas ( i liked how Meliodas was being portrayed in that fight, the contrast between his pure and innocent look and his intense killing intent was captivating and frightning at the same time. I still wonder what Meliodas would have looked if Helbram didn't stop his transformation.)

2- King vs Guila ( King was absolutely majestic in this fight.... to me the best Sin first demonstration of power )

3- Galan vs Sins ( The one who posed how much of a threat the Ten Commandments are ( or were XD).. the chill and the hype i remember i felt when his power level was declared. Him butchering with ease every one, his sense of humour ( that golf game lmao XD), his interactions with Merascylla were pure gold. My best commandment by far... I really miss him ! é_è )

4- Escanor vs Meliodas ( the hype fight that the fans were waiting for so long, and it didn't disappoint, both Escanor and Meliodas displayed how overwhelming and gargantuan their power are and how much they stand above almost every character in the series )

5- Gray Demon Hendrickson vs Sins & HKs (it's the last time we saw Hendy being badass he who was my favorite villain in the first arc T.T)

Last edited:

Killerbee12

Reaction score
Country
United States
5) Meliodas vs Gilthunder nd Hendrickson

This fight was super lit. U actually get to Meliodas fighting in full. The best part of da fight was that he weave Hendrickson hellblazs.

4) Meliodas/ Diane vs Helbram

Simply because we see Meliodas release his demon mark. Nd the fight was cool. But Diane stole da show when she show the power of the sins with their sacred treasure. She even made was helbram retreat.

3) ban vs Meliodas

When ban try to kill Meliodas that shit was cool. Cuz this was da first time he confronted him about bein a demon.

4)Escanor vs Estarossa

No matter what ppl say bout the fight. That shit was epic. The introduction to both of them, The dialogue, their powers. Even if Estarossa loss, we still enjoy his character. He was cool nd cocky. Even now afta bein defeated by Escanor, we still wana c what he is capable of.

5) Escanor vs Meliodas

Simply, because it prove wat we all speculated. Escanor is superior. But Meliodas is a unstoppable. It like sasuke vs naruto. We wanted to c who was da strongest for da longest. But without da cheesy ending( where it ending up in a draw). Plus I think we won't c that version of Escanor for a while. Nd that Meliodas will not keep his demonic mark.

Hendy

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
#5 - The Sins vs Hendrickson (Demon Mode)

#4 - Meliodas, Merlin, Diane and Slader vs Galan

#3 - Gloxinia and Dolor vs Meliodas

#2 - The Ten Commandments vs Meliodas

#1 - Meliodas, Elizabeth, Some of the Commandments vs The Archangels

Honorable Mention: Merlin vs Gray Road and Fraudrin.

Baum

Reaction score
Country
Germany
5, yeah..? This might be tricky for me. I tend to forget a lot of stuff lol

5 - Meliodas vs Griamore
This one isn't getting anywhere near enough attention and I totally get why. It's not even much of a fight, if I'm being honest, but I love those pages and it's a crying shame they never animated that bit (and not just because it turns the goddess amber and Veronica into even more random plot devices)
It's a really well constructed, short and fairly tense scene. The choreography isn't anywhere near as exhilarating as in most of past Ishtar Meliodas' fights but it's still pretty damn near perfect for that particular moment. I like how King and Mel work together and I like how Suzuki conveyed the exact process of Meliodas and Griamore trying to bring each other down whole remaining completely silent.
It's not my favorite fight, but it's one of my absolute favorite moments in the series thus far and I can guarantee you that my remaining picks won't get this much text slapped onto them :p

4 - Meliodas vs the two kings
Prolly a controversial one. And I partially agree with why some people don't like it. It's a great fight, it really hammers down how obnoxiously powerful Dolor, Gloxinia and Meliodas are and I really like how dynamic and brutal the fight is. It's one of the two things I'm most looking forward to seeing animated in the anime's second season for a damn good reason. But to me, and a lot of other people, it marks the begin of where the entirety of "Part 2" fell apart in a way. Like I said, it shows how powerful Meliodas is and in consequence it also makes it painfully obvious how freaking useless everyone else was at that point (Suzuki thankfully leveled the field a fair bit since)
It's by no means a one sided fight but starting with Vaizel 2.0 the battles have become kinda..annoying. The power creep is real and it actively hurt the story at a lot of points.

3 - Diane vs Meliodas
Vaizel 1.0 and Meliodas fought a giant back then, too. Just like the bit with Griamore it wasn't quite as intense as later stuff but it's also a fight that was a lot of fun to see and read through to me. I really like Diane and I like Meliodas. I also like how both fight in close combat and I like their dynamic in the earlier parts. That one was a pretty easy pick for me lel
I'm cheating here but I'll also include Diane vs Howzer and Meliodas vs Ban here because all three fights were part rad and American in quick succession. The only downside to the one I ultimately picked for my 3rd spot would be that it got cut short.

2 - 6 of the sins vs Merascylla
Yah, I know, I know, Corrand was beyond random and it was basically just an excuse to give us Meliodas vs Escanor (which would be my least favorite fight, BTW) and to set up the current scenario. But damn was it good to see Merascylla put up a fight. I already talked about that arc ad nauseam in the corresponding threads so I'll make it short.
Merascylla, booh, bitch sucks. Fight, still pretty neat. Bitch's arc, end well :P

1 - Galan vs everyone :derp
I'm cheating again, but I'm kind of infamous for doing that with these kinda lists on a bunch of other forums. I love Galan. He's a really fun villain, he's cool, he was intimidating and he got the single best fights and Action scenes in the series so far imo. Who could forget Boulder Golf, Slap-Ya-Dead or Drinking With Demons among other of Seven Deadly Sins' greatest hits. Order now for 49.99 and get Ban Actually Does Shit FOR FREE on top. And that's not everything! If you order now you also get Jericho Talks Smack About Loli Tits and Best Dad Saves The Day, all free of charge for shipping and in a gorgeous... Ahh, yah. I think I should stop myself there. If I had to pick one favorite scene with Galan it had to be the whole ordeal with Hunter Fest. I really liked how far Ban went to fight Galan off and it fucking sucks that he hasn't had the chance to reach those kind of highs since. I really hope that'll change in the near future.

MrSchmitty7

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
5. Escanor vs Izraf
I don’t really care for the fight, but Escanor’s trash talking makes it boss.

4. Meliodas vs Ban
Back when we all thought Ban could be a contender for strongest sin :teehee

3. Escanor vs Estarossa
The hype made it fun. Plus the trash talking in the boards.

2. Nakaba vs The Nanatsu community
When Based Nakaba landed with his ultimate 3 chapter hype killer fusion bomb and sent Reddit and the wiki up in flames really was a series highlight in the Estarossa’s circle jerk arc. Also making Merlin a loli really blew through the defenses of the community in the manga helpers arc.

1. Escanor vs Meliodas
We finally reached unparalleled levels of hype, got an answer, then descended into unparalleled levels of salt. You know the fight was good if that happened.

Epic_Escanor

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
5. Escanor takes out Gallan and Meras

4. Escanor "pseudo sun" takes out Dolor and Glox in one swing.

3. Escanor outduels Estarossa's hype.

2. Escanor overwhelms beast mode Meliodas's prime assault mode

1. Hawk saving Meliodas sacrificing himself on that dark matter thingy from Hendrickson. "This is unarguably the most heroic scene I've ever seen in NNT which deserves on my top list."

overlordpringerx

Reaction score
Country
Spain
5 King vs Ban
4 King vs Guila
3 everyone vs Hendrickson
2 King vs Meliodas
1 King vs Albion

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
5. King vs Guila
King was pretty cool in this fight. To be honest, I like this fight better than King vs Helbram. I have no idea why though.

4. The Sins vs Hendrickson
Teamwork. Enough said.

3. Ban vs Meliodas
Just pure awesomeness.

2. Pretty much every Escanor fight (especially Escanor vs Meliodas. It was really dope)
Is there much to be said about this? XD

1. Ten Commandments vs Meliodas
I love this fight because of how Meliodas deals with the Ten Commandments. The whole battle with the ending that I wasn't expect it, it was really my favorite NNT fight.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Honestly, I have been trying to figure this out but it is kinda hard for me to put fights in the manga above or beneath others. More than anything I guess I didn't like very much the very early fights because it was mostly the sins one sidedly beating worthless holy knights. Fights got good really after guila was introduced.

Garfiel

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Best 5 hmm :

1- Meliodas vs the 10 TC

2-Meliodas vs Escanor

3-Galan vs everyone

4-Meliodas vs Ban

5-Escanor vs Estarossa

ShadowCT6

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The following fights aren't in a order of preference.
Galan vs. The Sins
Galan vs. Ban
Galan vs. Escanor
The Four Archangels vs. The Ten Commandments
Gowther vs. Escanor

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
1. Zeldris vs. Ludociel . . . As it goes on in my headcannon. The real fight will probably suck.

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mel vs Escanor

But now that its revealed that Meliodas has a secret power strong enough to rival the DK, Escanors "win" feels eh.... He beat a non 100% Mel and I'm not into that.

Fight was dope tho

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
1. Meliodas vs Escanor.
2. Meliodas vs Ten Commandments.
3. Meliodas vs Gloxinia and Drole.
4. The Sins vs Chandler.
5. Ten Commandments vs Four Archangels.

Some honorable mentions: Meliodas vs Ban, Escanor vs Estarossa and King vs Guila. I may have forgotten some tho.

Zeldris vs Ludoshel has a good shot to be here. It will depend on how Nakaba handles it.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
1) Goddess Elizabeth (+ AA assistance) vs Indura Monspiet + Indura Derriere

It was really the first moment Elizabeth had for herself to shine properly in battle since the series began. Given how Elizabeth had attempted numerous times to stop the war and battles from progressing further, seeing her make a pretty bold conviction (''I will save them'') despite everyone around her being either neutral or against such an act of salvation just showcased how much of a strong spirit and character Elizabeth has. All of the Four Archangels present at the battlefield questioned her actions and despite struggling against the tug of war with the Indura, she was still able to make such a iconic and powerful speech about equality which encompassed her entire character in one chapter. This moment is only strengthened by the fact that we later find out that her mother, the Supreme Deity, punished her for this action and given how Ludoshel directly warned her in the moment that her act of salvation would result in punishment, did not waver her conviction to save her enemies. Not only did she risk her own life in the moment to purify the Indura, but she also sacrificed her entire future, given how her mother cursed her for this act of authority.

Additionally, adding the fact that it was a spectacular moment to witness and read, given how we saw multiple wings of light appear, light itself illuminate the battlefield and see this ''tug of war'' between Elizabeth and the Indura happen, it's easily my favourite fight and moment in the entire manga, given it illustrates the full extent of Elizabeth's power and how deep her character can be.

2) Elizabeth + Meliodas vs Supreme Deity + Demon King

I don't even know if you can call this a fight given how it was extremely one-sided, but at the same time it's extremely remember able and enjoyable since it first depicts the awesome designs of both Gods (which I absolutely adore) whilst spiting a new look to our main characters. Mainly, Elizabeth isn't sporting her usual peaceful personality in this battle, she looks extremely pissed and ready to kill her mother from just the look on her face and Meliodas is also sporting the same look. Furthermore, this fight demonstrates just how mad the Gods are at there children that they find it perfectly acceptable to make a temporary truce in the middle of a war, just to hunt down Elizabeth & Meliodas and punish them appropriately.

I remember wondering how the Goddesses ended up sealing the Demons instead of outright winning given the status of this powerful duo, but then I saw how easily fodderized they were by their parents and was strangely pleased :teehee

3) Four Archangels vs Ten Commandments

An outright war between these two oppositions was extremely enjoyable to read, especially given it was the first time in the series seeing Goddesses use their powers and do battle. I felt it was quite balanced as well, given how both sides did struggle and earn small wins (despite the AA's not going all out) with the conclusion drawn out by Elizabeth's encounter with the Indura.

4) Diane vs Helbram

It was the moment that made me extremely attracted to Diane's character and abilities, since she extremely trashed Helbram after he had the audacity to underestimate a member of the seven deadly sins with a sacred treasure in hand (which was huge back then). I felt like this is still Diane's best moment in battle since the series has began sadly..

5) Everyone vs Ash-Grey Hendrickson

I think seeing everyone battle together against Hendrickson was one of my favourite battles in the Kingdom arc, given how it's everyone showcasing their abilities and coming together in order to defeat a common enemy. This fight was only made better when Elizabeth's powers fully awakened and allowed her to heal the entire capital whilst pushing back Hendrickson :verily