Favorites - What are your Top 5 Favorite Fights So Far? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites What are your Top 5 Favorite Fights So Far?

sobreno

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
To be fair to the Demon King, with the amount of times he faced Meliodas in purgatory, he does in fact have hold the superior W-L record to Meliodas. Hold this L Nakaba.
But they are off panel and more of a training to Mel to be fair.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
But they are off panel and more of a training to Mel to be fair.
Even if it's off panel, it doesn't change the fact that the Demon King holds more dubs. In ~63 years, trying desperately to escape purgatory, Meliodas and co couldn't even touch the DK and Ban was the one who changed the battle with gift.

LaserBeam

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
The top fights of nnt

Grace-senpai vs escanor killed the mighty escanor when no one could a crap against that character

Rock-kun vs elizabeth almost killed her man that's some feat here.

lord twigo vs meliodas well at least lord twiggo felt more of a threat than the other threats like the 10 memes the 2 master trashes and the meme king

Last edited:

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
The top fights of nnt

Grace-senpai vs escanor killed the might escanor when no one could a crap against that character

Rock-kun vs elizabeth almost killed her man that's some feat here.

lord twigo vs meliodas well at least lord twiggo felt more of a threat than the other threats like the 10 memes the 2 master trashes and the meme king
That is Original.

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
Cath vs Arthur

Lol joking, that last fight was boring as hell

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
In no particular order:

- Chandler vs Sins: Really liked how the Sins used their abilities and complemented the strength and weaknesses of each other to face Chandler. Speaking of him, his arsenal was pretty interesting to see (you could argue that his arsenal was better than the DK's, even though it makes no sense, lol). The battle was fairly close (for the first part before he got serious) also and had a decent amount of tension.

- Meliodas vs Escanor: Tbh, this fight has nothing spectacular. The choreography is not stellar by any means, the fight in itself could barely be called a fight since most of it was Mel stomping Escanor and then Escanor stomping Mel in the end. It's just the sheer hype it produced to me by reading it for the first time, seeing Mel trash Escanor just before his peak and seeing Noon Escanor for the first time and his power brought a pretty good excitement to me as a reader that even now I can still remember as if it was yesterday.

- Hendrickson vs Liones Kingdom: The impact of this fight decreased considerably the moment you learn that pretty much all the Sins were holding back and some were nerfed to some extent, but at the same time it was pretty good to see everyone facing that monster and being overwhelmed. It brought a pretty good sense of tension and desesperation (something that the current manga cannot do since a lot of time, sadly).

- Meliodas vs Ten Commandments (including the Gloxinia and Drole fight): We saw a lot of brand new different abilities being introduced like Combo Star, Mel being destroyed in a fight (even though he was holding back as always, but whatever, it was still good to see at the moment, lol) and the scale of destruction (something that the current manga has also lost) was really huge. Each character used his own abilities more or less accordingly and in a way that made some sense (unlike now, also).

- Meliodas and Arthur vs Gilthunder, Hendrickson and Vivian / Mel vs Ban (Vaizel Festival): All of them pretty good in my eyes. The choreography these fights had shits on anything this manga has shown since the last 60-70 chapters at least, and even though there's a certain chibi that was also holding back as always, I really enjoyed those.

Some honorable mentions would be: AA vs 10C, King vs Helbram, Escanor vs Estarossa, Mael/Estarossa vs Sins, Derieri and AA (even though I really disliked the end with King stomping him with no effort, I enjoyed the rest of the fight, the strategy to bring him down by Derieri, Mael's whole backstory and him getting stronger and losing his sanity the more commandments he absorbed, the number of deaths, etc). I may be forgetting some, but these are the first ones that come to mind.

Merlin918

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1)Chandler vs the Sins:This is the best one to me not because of just the action but because the Sins were going all out. They used basically all they had to try to win and you could really feel the effort. The only bad part was how Chandler was presumed dead at the end, even though Ban lost Elaine precisely because he presumed a Red Demon for dead in the past and he was right there, but it isn't the end of the world, he surely would have survived anyways even if they had immediately tried to blow him up. He was just waiting to power up to max and taunt them or something.

2)Estarossa/Mael vs everyone:Same reasons, except this time Mael wasn't holding back like Chandler did. Yes, King stomping him was kind of boring, but it at least showed some good ability development from King and all the fighting before that was well choreographed.

3:Ten Commandments vs Four Archangels:This is the best example I can think of in the manga of a group vs group battle which was well choreographed. Sariel and Tarmiel act casual, but it's clear they are really trying hard to kill their enemies and the same is true vice versa. And it's not just the choreography, but the narrative, you can really tell how the commandments are all infuriated by what the AAs have just done and it doesn't feel like a random meaningless battle at all. Elizabeth is basically the only flaw in this fight, since she got instantly KOd by derierre and woke up to anticlimactically defeat the Induras. I don't disagree with her being able to defeat the Induras like she did at all, but the fact that she was one shot by a Derierre punch was just so anticlimactic. Then we hear she's 'bloody ellie'....sigh.

4:Meliodas and Holy Knights vs Hendrickson:This was a really good fight imo. Mel's strategy of staying up close and building up for a revenge counter was just well played and felt like a very good team tactic, and the power levels generally all made sense. It is a good example of how to do group vs 1 fights well.

5:Garan vs everyone:

Well everybody loves this one and for good reason. It was more of a one sided stomp than a fight, but it really set the stage for the commandments arc well without his 'defeat' seeming like an asspull. It even introduced the Commandment abilities in a very nice way. Can't think of anything that could really be improved about it unless there were major story adjustments to the whole war arc. I would headcanon that if Merlin was as op as she was in the end of the story here, she didn't use her powers so that the commandments didn't get scared and rush her as a group of 10 all at once, but whatever, she's a story breaker. The fight in itself is still perfectly good if you ignore later plotholes.