Favorites - What are your Top 5 Favorite Fights So Far? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites What are your Top 5 Favorite Fights So Far?

Meliodaf

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
1) Goddess Elizabeth (+ AA assistance) vs Indura Monspiet + Indura Derriere

It was really the first moment Elizabeth had for herself to shine properly in battle since the series began. Given how Elizabeth had attempted numerous times to stop the war and battles from progressing further, seeing her make a pretty bold conviction (''I will save them'') despite everyone around her being either neutral or against such an act of salvation just showcased how much of a strong spirit and character Elizabeth has. All of the Four Archangels present at the battlefield questioned her actions and despite struggling against the tug of war with the Indura, she was still able to make such a iconic and powerful speech about equality which encompassed her entire character in one chapter. This moment is only strengthened by the fact that we later find out that her mother, the Supreme Deity, punished her for this action and given how Ludoshel directly warned her in the moment that her act of salvation would result in punishment, did not waver her conviction to save her enemies. Not only did she risk her own life in the moment to purify the Indura, but she also sacrificed her entire future, given how her mother cursed her for this act of authority.

Additionally, adding the fact that it was a spectacular moment to witness and read, given how we saw multiple wings of light appear, light itself illuminate the battlefield and see this ''tug of war'' between Elizabeth and the Indura happen, it's easily my favourite fight and moment in the entire manga, given it illustrates the full extent of Elizabeth's power and how deep her character can be.

2) Elizabeth + Meliodas vs Supreme Deity + Demon King

I don't even know if you can call this a fight given how it was extremely one-sided, but at the same time it's extremely remember able and enjoyable since it first depicts the awesome designs of both Gods (which I absolutely adore) whilst spiting a new look to our main characters. Mainly, Elizabeth isn't sporting her usual peaceful personality in this battle, she looks extremely pissed and ready to kill her mother from just the look on her face and Meliodas is also sporting the same look. Furthermore, this fight demonstrates just how mad the Gods are at there children that they find it perfectly acceptable to make a temporary truce in the middle of a war, just to hunt down Elizabeth & Meliodas and punish them appropriately.

I remember wondering how the Goddesses ended up sealing the Demons instead of outright winning given the status of this powerful duo, but then I saw how easily fodderized they were by their parents and was strangely pleased :teehee

3) Four Archangels vs Ten Commandments

An outright war between these two oppositions was extremely enjoyable to read, especially given it was the first time in the series seeing Goddesses use their powers and do battle. I felt it was quite balanced as well, given how both sides did struggle and earn small wins (despite the AA's not going all out) with the conclusion drawn out by Elizabeth's encounter with the Indura.

4) Diane vs Helbram

It was the moment that made me extremely attracted to Diane's character and abilities, since she extremely trashed Helbram after he had the audacity to underestimate a member of the seven deadly sins with a sacred treasure in hand (which was huge back then). I felt like this is still Diane's best moment in battle since the series has began sadly..

5) Everyone vs Ash-Grey Hendrickson

I think seeing everyone battle together against Hendrickson was one of my favourite battles in the Kingdom arc, given how it's everyone showcasing their abilities and coming together in order to defeat a common enemy. This fight was only made better when Elizabeth's powers fully awakened and allowed her to heal the entire capital whilst pushing back Hendrickson :verily
This is a long winded and well thought out way to say all things Elizabeth

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Escanor vs Meliodas
Escanor vs Estarossa
Chandler vs Sins
AA + Elizabeth vs Induras
Estarossa/Mael vs Holy War

*Meliodas vs 10C

Estarossa173

Reaction score
Country
United States
1. Meliodas vs Escanor
2. Meliodas vs the Ten Commandments
3. Sins vs. Chandler (probably the last decent fight there was so far)
4. Hendrickson, Zaratras, and later Dreyfus vs. Fraudrin
5. Everyone vs. Hendrickson

Bittersweettea

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
5. King vs Helbram
4.Meliodas vs Hendrickson, Gilthunder and Vivian
3. Meliodas vs 10 Commandments
2. Estarossa vs Sariel and Tarmiel
1. Hendrickson vs the Sins and Liones Holy Knights

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
1. Hendrickson vs Hawk, Sins and Holy Knights
2. Escanor vs Meliodas
3. Dreyfus and Griamore vs Hendrickson
4. Chandler vs Sins
5. Diane vs Dreyfus, Gilthunder, Howzer and Helbram

JOA20

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
  1. Escanor VS Estarossa ("All I feel towards those beneath me is pity". "Such insolent pride".)
  2. Escanor VS Meliodas ("As a demon among demons... How does it feel to be looked down upon by a human?")
  3. Escanor VS Galand (the page where Escanor appears like a giant to his opponent)
  4. Gray Demon Hendrickson VS everyone (Hawk's sacrifice in particular. "Don't you dare die, you swine".)
  5. King VS Helbram.
Arthur VS the Demons could've been handled better, had it happened it'd be on the list.
I have high hopes for Ludociel VS Zeldris. Nakaba, you have one job.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
  1. Escanor VS Estarossa ("All I feel towards those beneath me is pity". "Such insolent pride".)
  2. Escanor VS Meliodas ("As a demon among demons... How does it feel to be looked down upon by a human?")
  3. Escanor VS Galand (the page where Escanor appears like a giant to his opponent)
  4. Gray Demon Hendrickson VS everyone (Hawk's sacrifice in particular. "Don't you dare die, you swine".)
  5. King VS Helbram.
Arthur VS the Demons could've been handled better, had it happened it'd be on the list.
I have high hopes for Ludociel VS Zeldris. Nakaba, you have one job.
Who you rooting for is this fight?

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ludociel VS Zeldris, you mean? I vote for the demon prince, but I believe Ludo will win or the fight will be interrupted.
Ludo does not likely win, but it will be interrupted by the memories returning.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Hes speculating through the pattern of the current plot that Ludo will be the apparent winner; but none will be decided..

I agree, with this speculation..

Estarossa173

Reaction score
Country
United States
You know, the way the fights have been for the past 100+ chapters, it makes me appreciate all the fights before chapter 100 more. MUCH MORE.

Mythoclast

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
1.Escanor vs Estarossa
2.Meliodas vs the Ten Commandments
3.Escanor vs Meliodas
4.Galan vs the Sins
5.Chandler vs the Sins

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
1. Meliodas vs the Ten Commandments (including too the beginning with Meliodas fighting alone with Gloxinia and Drole)

We got to see a nice display of the abilities of the Commandments and how they cornered Meliodas, who tried to keep up with the overwhelming power of his enemies to use his Revenge Counter. But what sells the fight to me was the moment where Estarossa blocks the Revenge Counter. In that moment, is when you realize our main character was fucked. Estarossa and the Commandments in general looked really imposing in the fight, and they never got that feeling again after the fight. Estarossa finally killing Meliodas despite Ban’s efforts was a cruel and devastating way to finish the fight, showing that, even with all his power, our protagonist was utterly defeated (of course, I don’t think anyone really thought that Meliodas’s death was going to be permanent, but it was still a brutal end to the battle). It helped that in the anime it had a wonderful animation, probably the best fight from the second season.

2. Everyone vs Hendrickson

The climax of the first arc, reuniting almost all the relevant characters that appeared through the arc against Hendrickson in his Gray Demon form. Great teamwork featuring many different powers, Hawk’s sacrifice, even if he didn’t die at the end, was very sad (and I didn’t like him that much during the first part of the series), and Meliodas finishing Hendrickson with his Revenge Counter was spectacular. Hendrickson himself was also a great main antagonist, even if in the grand scale of the series he was only as strong as a foot soldier of the Demon Clan.

3. King vs Helbram

Loved King’s backstory with Diane and how he had to deal with killing again his best friend In order to protect the one he loves, with an ending full of feels as King gives the final blow to Helbram. Made more painful because Hendrickson later uses Helbram’s corpse to taunt and force King to end with the life of his friend once again (minutes after his previous battle, even). Still my favorite fight of King to this date, even if he has had many more after this one (both alone or with the help from others).

4. The Sins, Slader and the Holy Knights of Camelot vs Galand

After fighting Hendrickson and the Holy Knights of Liones through the first arc of the series, Galand quickly sets the scale of the new saga by trashing practically everyone in Camelot without sweating. Not even Meliodas with his recently recovered Sacred Treasure or Merlin are able to do anything against him. The feeling of despair and impotence through the battle were real, and made Galand and his partners look like true monsters. Worth noting that this is the only badass moment Galand had, as the poor guy got trashed in all of his following battles.

5. The Sins vs Chandler

Was nice to see the Sins who didn’t had much spotlight during the arc of the Ten Commandments (King, Diane, Gowther…) having a battle against a powerful enemy. Chandler’s versatile abilities made the fight more entertaining and, although Diane’s lines through the fight were cheesy and Hawk’s intervention was… weird, it was still enjoyable in my opinion. Also, the Gowther + King combo with the Celestial Arrow was awesome.

Honorable mentions:

-Meliodas vs Ban (the one from the Vaizel fight festival): Just two friends having way too much fun. The fight is short, but very intense. I loved how they started having fun, but as the fight progressed they really got invested in it and started beating the shit out of each other until Meliodas finally won.

-Meliodas and Gilthunder vs Hendrickson and Vivian: Remember that time when Gilthunder was actually badass and useful and not a cheerleader of the 7DS? Yeah, those were good times. It also looked great in the anime.

-Ban vs Galand and Melascula: Although outshined by the following Escanor fight (no pun intended) Ban showed his badassery by confronting two enemies way above his level and being able to deal with them for a while until being finally overwhelmed. Other highlights include seeing Melascula's abilities, Zhivago's sacrifice and Jericho saving Ban and Elaine by standing the attacks from the two Demons until reaching Escanor's tavern. Bonus points for being the last fight of Ban before he became the Yamcha of the 7DS for a while (until he received his power-up in the Purgatory).

-Escanor fights in general: Their quality from a writing standpoint varies from fight to fight, but I would lie if I say that I don’t enjoy Escanor’s one-liners and the trash talking he gives to his opponents. If I have to pick one, would be either his battle against Izraf or his introductory “fight” in the actual series against Galand/Melascula.

-The Four Archangels vs the Ten Commandments: Was great to see how strong the Goddesses were after all the implications regarding them in the previous arcs (even if they were later trashed by the Induras). It was nice too to see characters that were defeated in the present (like Galand and Fraudrin) fighting again. The part of Monspeet and Derieri going Indura was cool as well.

Last edited:

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chandler, Cusack and Zeldris vs Merlin, Escanor and Ludociel is definitely in my top 5 now.

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I dont have an order, so I will say it chronologically:
Helbram VS King, Hendrickson VS Sins, Chandler VS Sins, Estarossa/4C Mael VS Sins and Archangels.

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Well since this thread got revived..Here's mine

1.Meliodas V/s 10C (S2 EP 19 basically- To see Mel go all out against them on a comparable scale not one side giving up and one surprise after another and the anime version nailed it for me..)
2. Chandler V/s Sins (The Teamwork led by the sins in the absence of their 2 strongest..)
3. 4AA V/s 10C (First of Demons v/s Goddess we see and it's on a scale 10x before anything came before it.)
4. Mael/estarossa Rampage ( The no of deaths left a emotional scar )

Ema919

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
5) Demon King vs ban mel and wild
4) Demon king vs Zeldris mind battle
3) Demon King vs meliodas mind battle
2) Demon King vs Ban
1) Demon King vs Escanor

Nothing peaks the Demon King!

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
5) Demon King vs ban mel and wild
4) Demon king vs Zeldris mind battle
3) Demon King vs meliodas mind battle
2) Demon King vs Ban
1) Demon King vs Escanor

Nothing peaks the Demon King!
To be fair to the Demon King, with the amount of times he faced Meliodas in purgatory, he does in fact have hold the superior W-L record to Meliodas. Hold this L Nakaba.