Question - What can save this arc? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question What can save this arc?

GodOfDestruction

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
At this point I'm close to giving up on the Spriggans. They showed so much promise but gave nothing but some crappy magic and stupid sub plots.

So I ask you. How can this arc go back to the glory that we know FT for?

Discuss in the comments.

xXCHILLEYXx

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
At this point I'm close to giving up on the Spriggans. They showed so much promise but gave nothing but some crappy magic and stupid sub plots.

So I ask you. How can this arc go back to the glory that we know FT for?

Discuss in the comments.
Pretty much the only things that can save this arc is
A) august lives up to the hype and stomps all over fairy tail (likely won't happen)
B) The best character himself ACNO shows up and causes mayhem.
C) E.N.D shows up and lives up to the hype. (hopefully E.N.D fights fairy tail and stomps them with August and ACNO)
D) it ends lol

For me I gave up all hype for this ARC, this arc just feels like a big waste of time. I mean you can cut out a lot of chapters and nothing would be different. I just hope this arc ends very soon so we can get on to the main plot.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
do you want an honest answer???

NOTHING.

I just read it for fun more or less. there are few good moments but that's it. I'm not hyped about END, Zeref, August. ffs, I'm not even too hyped for Acnologia because I already know how will that end.

Hiro should turn this into harem or ecchi.

it would be much more interesting.

Last edited:

Laxus chan-yo

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I don't give 2 shits about anything else. I just want Laxus to shine. Literally all I look for in Fairy Tail these days. If he gets awesome, cool battle scenes and a remotely commanding story role, and isn't subject to typical FT BS then this arc is a giant success, rest of the arc be damned :true

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, to be honest (not even joking), probably the only thing that would save this arc for me would be if Gray and Mira married and had kids or something along those lines. Even if it is just a chapter where Gray and Mira share a battle together or have a little intimate moment, then I'll pretty much consider that a "save" for this arc.

Apart from what I listed above, there is really nothing else that can save this arc for me. The Spriggans have been one of the most disappointing villains in the entire series due to being falsely and massively overhyped. Even the general plot or storyline has been rather lacking in all aspects.

If you ask me, this arc should be scrapped. Since it's too late for that though, the second best choice would be to say that this was all Lucy's dream or this is Lucy's new hit novel that is gonna be featuring in the most popular theatres in Magnolia.

While most chapters in this arc have pretty much received low ratings in my book, there were a few instances where I actually believed that it was still possible to "save" this arc.

Examples would be like Makarov using Fairy Law & sacrificing himself or August completely stomping all of CS by himself.

August can actually still save the arc if he is the "Mard Geer of Alvarez Arc". So can Acnologia, but if I were Mashima, I'd probably wait until the next arc to give Acnologia the spotlight. Mixing Acnologia in with this whole disaster would negatively affect his character, in my opinion.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Too much has happened to 'save' the arc, it's too far in. It's like trying to save the environment by 2020, unrealistic.

Best we can hope for is some great things to happen. August/Zeref/Acnologia delivering would be welcomed. And everyone has their favourite characters who we'd like to see do something pretty amazing, so if that happens for me I'll look at this arc a little better.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Given what Acnonlogia has shown, there's no way he will fall short of the hype. No way he can, he essentially beat one of the most powerful characters and isn't even challenged directly by another supposedly extremely powerful mage in Zeref.

But then again, Igneel or someone did say Acnologia feared END, so who knows.

Laxus chan-yo

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Given what Acnonlogia has shown, there's no way he will fall short of the hype. No way he can, he essentially beat one of the most powerful characters and isn't even challenged directly by another supposedly extremely powerful mage in Zeref.

But then again, Igneel or someone did say Acnologia feared END, so who knows.
Hiro-sensei:

Costanza

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Nothing. Too much damage has been done. The best we can hope for is that Acnologia isn't embarassed.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Have Azir stomp Elfman and Lisanna.

Carla brings Cana and Gildarts to the Irene fight. Gildarts crashes Irene's magic and saves Erza, plus the fight negates/separates U1 and allows Acno back into world. Cana also uses fairy glitter in an actual fight...... (yea Mashima lets make an OP attack spell and then proceed to let it do nothing but plow up lacrimals through series). Plus loving parent vs hateful parent makes sense. After all the child vs parent and sibling stuff we have had.

Lucy does some celestial mind trick and summons all her spirits similar to how she tried saving Loke back at beginning of series. She enters Natsu's mind before he "dies." But then U1 negation forces her spirit away from him causing him to panic and demon dragoize right as Acnologia returns.

Irene goes on to posses Cobra and fights Laxus. Or Irene just straight dragonizes and fights Laxus for some Rave master dragon race style battle. Maybe even Laxus and Gajeel team up. Or even addd Cobra since the fandom likes him and he has been useless.

Have Mira solo Azir to prove her dominance over the Erza vs Azir fight. She doesn't need Bisca to shoot Jupiter canon. Especially after learning he hurt Elfman and Lisanna.

Have Yukino and Sorano meet Zeref for plot twist. Soriano sacrifices herself to save Yukino. Yukino summons celestial king. We learn Zeref created the celestial spirits before he created demons. And Anna was a student with him in Midian Academy. Yukino magic is depleting fast as Zeref unleashes death curse and is saved by...... Gray and Jellal team up. Gray's curse trump card and celestial magic vs death magic.

Mavis fights Jacob. Punishment for when he tortured her.

Brandish ( who magic works in August) plus Lucy with an Anna powerup (celestial magic would be a magic he doesn't have; plus would
mirror Haru and Reisha/Elie vs shakuma without a bunch of shipping). Lucy leaves fight when dragon End is being stomped by Acnologia. Happy takes her away from August battle. August defeats all. Have August never actually be defeated in the story.

Ends curse plus Lucy's celestial magic sends anyone nearby into the past. Because celestial magic + magic of book of zerefs is what makes eclipse gate.

Which would be next arc that would set up all that 400 year stuff: See my other post on time travel arc.

This arc is a mess but just ending it with some big kill off or even a frantic climax would make it feel incomplete. Plus I need Lucy, Mira, and Brandish to shine. Need to see Capricorn star dress. Plus I want to see Sorano have a reason to hug her sister.

Last edited:

MonkeyD-Dragon

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Short of nothing can save it, knowing Hiro Mashima, August will get one shot by someone, most probably END.Acno is gonna fodderise END at first, but will later one get nakama punch and die in one shot too.So I am not holding much hope for Acnologia or August.
The only thing that can save FT right now is Pedro........

Mononoke

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Well it cannot exactly be saved but to get a decent close off to this arc then -
  • Acnologia destroying Ishgar along with both sides...that would be nice.

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Have Azir stomp Elfman and Lisanna.

Carla brings Cana and Gildarts to the Irene fight. Gildarts crashes Irene's magic and saves Erza, plus the fight negates/separates U1 and allows Acno back into world. Cana also uses fairy glitter in an actual fight...... (yea Mashima lets make an OP attack spell and then proceed to let it do nothing but plow up lacrimals through series). Plus loving parent vs hateful parent makes sense. After all the child vs parent and sibling stuff we have had.

Lucy does some celestial mind trick and summons all her spirits similar to how she tried saving Loke back at beginning of series. She enters Natsu's mind before he "dies." But then U1 negation forces her spirit away from him causing him to panic and demon dragoize right as Acnologia returns.

Irene goes on to posses Cobra and fights Laxus. Or Irene just straight dragonizes and fights Laxus for some Rave master dragon race style battle. Maybe even Laxus and Gajeel team up. Or even addd Cobra since the fandom likes him and he has been useless.

Have Mira solo Azir to prove her dominance over the Erza vs Azir fight. She doesn't need Bisca to shoot Jupiter canon. Especially after learning he hurt Elfman and Lisanna.

Have Yukino and Sorano meet Zeref for plot twist. Soriano sacrifices herself to save Yukino. Yukino summons celestial king. We learn Zeref created the celestial spirits before he created demons. And Anna was a student with him in Midian Academy. Yukino magic is depleting fast as Zeref unleashes death curse and is saved by...... Gray and Jellal team up. Gray's curse trump card and celestial magic vs death magic.

Mavis fights Jacob. Punishment for when he tortured her.

Brandish ( who magic works in August) plus Lucy with an Anna powerup (celestial magic would be a magic he doesn't have; plus would
mirror Haru and Reisha/Elie vs shakuma without a bunch of shipping). Lucy leaves fight when dragon End is being stomped by Acnologia. Happy takes her away from August battle. August defeats all. Have August never actually be defeated in the story.

Ends curse plus Lucy's celestial magic sends anyone nearby into the past. Because celestial magic + magic of book of zerefs is what makes eclipse gate.

Which would be next arc that would set up all that 400 year stuff: See my other post on time travel arc.

This arc is a mess but just ending it with some big kill off or even a frantic climax would make it feel incomplete. Plus I need Lucy, Mira, and Brandish to shine. Need to see Capricorn star dress. Plus I want to see Sorano have a reason to hug her sister.
I like the idea of Cana and Gildarts helping Erza fight and it would make sense as well seeing that Gildarts is a loving father to Cana while Irene is a horrible mother to Erza. Also after Irene is defeated the Irene/Erza subplot will be over and we won't see Irene again for the rest of the arc and the Universe One dispelling after Irene's defeat would make sense seeing that this is a series involving magic. Mira soloing Ajeel sounds badass and I think Sorano and Yukino will fight Jacob since Celestial Spirit Magic is a good counter against Jacob and this would allow Sorano to redeem herself and be able to hug Yukino. I think Mashima is saving Mavis for Zeref because of her plan to defeat Zeref. If the next arc is a time arc then Zeref will be defeated before August and August will be defeated after everyone returns from the past since Shakuma appeared before Elie, Haru, and Sieg Hart goes back in time (attacks and defeats everyone else) and Shakuma was then defeated after Elie and Haru returned to the present. If there is a time arc someone will have to stay behind in the past, which I think Lucy will stay behind in time and become Anna seeing that's probably whats going to happen if there is a time arc and it would explain why Anna wanted to help Zeref with the 400 year plan and how Anna knew that Irene created Dragon Slayer Magic. The only characters I see going to the past are the Dragon Slayers (the only dragon slayers I don't see going back to the past is Cobra, Sting, and Rogue) members of Fairy Tail who have some kind connection to Zeref, and members of Fairy Tail who are from 400 years ago. If I remember correctly after Shakuma was defeated Haru said to Shakuma that he was the one controling Lucia from behind the scenes.

Last edited: