Question - What can save this arc? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question What can save this arc?

sharkai

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I dont think Erza is weak; i think she's boring as hell. Anyways what can not save but at least make ok for this arc is full demon natsu; not just blackened hand claws I want the whole kit and kaboodle.
People think so though.
They had lovely thread where erza with backing of two other mages lost to laxus. Lol

So if people believe that, then no impact will come of erza lose. Because who ever beats erza will still get stomped by laxus lmao

I dont know about natsu power up. He has too many. I find that actually boring. The fun comes when there is suspence.
There is non this arc because of laxus and natsu.

Yunkers

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Easy way to save this arc is by having good guys lose and at the very least, deluding us into thinking they could actually die. So far, Good guys keep winning no matter what, even against hyped opponents. I mean, at this point if August went up against Happy, most of us would anticipate Happy winning or at least expect him to survive somehow. We need to feel suspense, that no character is safe.
Actually Happy have already survive maaaany things (eg. Jackal's Explosion, Silver's Ice) and technically he's the one who stops Jacob's attack so it wouldn't be that impossible is Happy could survive August's attacks somehow. Well, he's not a powerhouse, but still more useful than Lisanna ;)

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Actually Happy have already survive maaaany things (eg. Jackal's Explosion, Silver's Ice) and technically he's the one who stops Jacob's attack so it wouldn't be that impossible is Happy could survive August's attacks somehow. Well, he's not a powerhouse, but still more useful than Lisanna ;)
Okay, someone weak enough to be killed, then. Or Makarov being established as dead, but coming back to life at some point.

Nice bait. If only I was a Lisanna fan ;)

GodOfDestruction

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well guys this arc is finally back to its grace. August vs Gildarts, Gray vs Zeref.

This is getting good. Let's hope Hiro keeps it that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeanutButterJelly

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Well guys this arc is finally back to its grace. August vs Gildarts, Gray vs Zeref.

This is getting good. Let's hope Hiro keeps it that way.
I guess we have different definitions on what a "come back" is.

Last edited by a moderator:

laytonesque

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Considering that this arc has gone downhill, non stop and without brakes, I'd say it's impossible to save this arc. The main plot points kicked in long ago and trying to knit it all over again is senseless. I feel like the fights, characters and enemies have been so poorly handled and so hyped that this arc is a letdown all of itself. But that's another story.

The only way to end the manga without the bitter taste of a disappointment would be with either a very good final fight against Acnologia (which I don't think will be great seeing how much plot convenience does all these time travels and portals Anna's plan has) or a great twist. Maybe someone dying? For real, I mean. Having dragon slayers go back to their time or something, or Lucy rewriting the book of END, plotwists in general would be good.

I think that the Spriggan plot just long gone it seems. Brandish has vanished, all main Spriggans have been defeated and the plot is focusing on the END vs. Zeref and Acnologia matter.

Unlike other friends of mine, I don't think that shipping would actually save the day. I feel salty that Juvia was used as a plot device, that I didn't see Levy do anything relatively cool or Lucy having to get naked for fanservice sake. That's not how it should work – it makes these ships feel so forced. I don't know how a ship would save the arc, not logic to me.

This arc alltogether is a mess. Plotdevicing ships, overhyped enemies, biased Erz– sorry, I mean, characters in general, unbalanced fights (don't get me started with Ajeel, Lisanna and Elfman), nakama speeches, many convinient points (such as Anna suddenly warping through time and space, water-make blood, Wendy appearing on ALL the right moments and places...) and, in general, a disaster.

This arc is what the fuck-graded.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Considering that this arc has gone downhill, non stop and without brakes, I'd say it's impossible to save this arc. The main plot points kicked in long ago and trying to knit it all over again is senseless. I feel like the fights, characters and enemies have been so poorly handled and so hyped that this arc is a letdown all of itself. But that's another story.

The only way to end the manga without the bitter taste of a disappointment would be with either a very good final fight against Acnologia (which I don't think will be great seeing how much plot convenience does all these time travels and portals Anna's plan has) or a great twist. Maybe someone dying? For real, I mean. Having dragon slayers go back to their time or something, or Lucy rewriting the book of END, plotwists in general would be good.

I think that the Spriggan plot just long gone it seems. Brandish has vanished, all main Spriggans have been defeated and the plot is focusing on the END vs. Zeref and Acnologia matter.

Unlike other friends of mine, I don't think that shipping would actually save the day. I feel salty that Juvia was used as a plot device, that I didn't see Levy do anything relatively cool or Lucy having to get naked for fanservice sake. That's not how it should work – it makes these ships feel so forced. I don't know how a ship would save the arc, not logic to me.

This arc alltogether is a mess. Plotdevicing ships, overhyped enemies, biased Erz– sorry, I mean, characters in general, unbalanced fights (don't get me started with Ajeel, Lisanna and Elfman), nakama speeches, many convinient points (such as Anna suddenly warping through time and space, water-make blood, Wendy appearing on ALL the right moments and places...) and, in general, a disaster.

This arc is what the fuck-graded.

Yes, I can agree with this.

The first mistake of this arc was the plot being rushed. I don't know what pressured the manga to be rushed (could be a valid reason), but the fact is that the storyline was not ready for its climax.

Too many unnecessary shortcuts were made, which resulted in major asspulls and BS plots. Characters did a 180-degree turn on their "regular" personalities and many others were given ridiculous power-ups (Ex. Erza destroying a Dragon's enhanced meteor when she struggled against Ajeel).

At the same time, we got a lot of "surprise" moments that ruined the build-up.
  • Irene revealed to suddenly be Erza's mom and a Dragon Slayer
  • August & Larcade being switched as the real "Dragneel"
  • Anna's overall relevance
  • Eclipse Gate and Dragon Slayer's Origin
  • Dragon Acnologia being played for a fool by Christina and the people inside that ship
  • And many more that I don't care to name

Regardless, the only way to "save" this arc would be to scrap it completely.

(Unless there's Gray and Mira romance) <--- If this happens, then by all means, the arc should continue on whatever path that it wants to take.

Otherwise, the best thing to do is to finish this arc as quickly as possible. If we're lucky, there's another arc afterwards (like an epilogue.. for decent closure). But if it ends after this arc, then that's too bad. We'd have to accept it the way it is.

Ice Hunter

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
i was hoping the same thing, i would like to see Acnologia get hyped on his fight and showing us the proof of his power that he is the one who win the Dragon King Festival 400 years ago.

I liked how Acnologia kill God Serena... but for me that action alone is not sufficient to show the mighty of Acnologia. August showed he capable to destroy the town, Irene showed she can enchant the whole country and remake it, Acnologia should have showed the higher disaster level of attack.

Acnologia character development has a potential to save this arc, so if only Mashima could bring back dragons of the past to fight Acnologia again and die in his hand, that would be a good character development for him (because we can't have main character/current time character get killed).

JamieF!

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I just want something to happen that we totally didn't expect. I don't know what it should be but just something cool. Someting that will completely chance the story:derp

Pheromone

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
On a serious note, here's what can save this finale:
  • Compelling backstories for Acnologia and Anna
  • Thought-out and not lame true goals of Acnologia and Anna
  • A final battle sequence that does not involve any asspulls or drawn-out nakama speeches
Now let's have some fun guessing our chances of getting any of those.

Last edited:

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
IMO, This arc ain't that bad because it's FT a nakama light hearted themed manga whatever i'd like Lucy to get stronger that will surely improve this arc.There was a foreshadowing for Natsu vs Lucy in avater and i want it to happen before the manga ends in fact she is the only one that i can accept to defeat Natsu but to make them fight eachother needs a very strong reason and i think it would be decision conflict. This simply will make them better 100x times.

Amyisnotemo

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Honestly bitch im only here for the ships
Nothing can save this arc lmao.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'm still sure this arc can be saved by actual good fights between Zeref, Acnologia, and the good guys. Not good, but great, actually, given the shit we had leading up to this moment. Plus, more good guys dying, not just Makarov. I personally did not care much for Makarov "dying," he should have died long time ago. I also barely felt anything when Juvia and Gray did seppuku cuz I knew they'd survive somehow. Give us sense of danger and give us great fights dammit!

Pheromone

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
In light of the announcement regarding FT's ending coming in only 11 chapters
On a serious note, here's what can save this finale:
  • Compelling backstories for Acnologia and Anna
  • Thought-out and not lame true goals of Acnologia and Anna
  • A final battle sequence that does not involve any asspulls or drawn-out nakama speeches
Now let's have some fun guessing our chances of getting any of those.
*rips up paper*

Last edited: