Question - What can save this arc? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question What can save this arc?

Takeover twin

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
The thing that can save this arc is aconlogia he'll just rekt everything

Reactions: Tio

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Basically, this arc is like any other we get in the past with the group of mages appearing and someone speaking words " There's no way FT can win against them ", " it's the enemy they never encounter before " which we now how ended in the past so far..

I would love to see August going against Gildarts/Laxus/Jellal because even if he is meant to lose going against such line up would cause that August, in the end, would be good in my book ( But I can see him going down in three ways we will see )

Acnologia with every DS involved ( Or at least 5 from the past ) I want every DS to have small stone in defeating Acno not just giving away his element or him go down to one person <<<, Of course, the last blow is reserved for Natsu but dunno if Acno will go down in this Arc.

We will see how the events will turn out from here.

Ice devil slayer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Ah and if mashima could stop with these boring and crappy shipping moments like because lucy is natsu's lover then she's going to be with natsu against a spriggan who can logicaly one shot her, same with juvia against invel, levy against bradman..the ships are so forced in this arc..that's really boring to see the same tag teams over and over..i want to see something like
Gray/jellal
Laxus/gildarts
Natsu/sting
Not always the same.
For the vilains now..only august and acno can save this arc(at least the end of it) mashima destroyed zeref's character way too much..hopefully he can at least deliver

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
August bodies everyone, Gildarts is lowballed to his level. They nearly die in their fight, Gildarts actually loses. August recovers then Acnologia appears in front of the sun and all you see a dark figure blocking the sun. He demolishes everyone, August + Natsu go in on Acnologia. Mavis drops some nukes from Fairy heart. Laxus bodies Ajeel. After Ajeel kills Lisana and Elfman.

Loke

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nothing. Hiro literally restarted it by having the Spriggan up and healthy after already taking L's. They then proceeded to take them again. :epicfacepalm

Inb4 Ajeel is off paneled by Lisanna and Elf.:cookiehand

Ricardo Santos Sá

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hiro revealing Ivan Dreyar as the 13th spriggan, and the secret weapon of Alvarez for beating FT for good.

But the importance of Ivan inside the spriggan 12 being merely strategical, because he is the weakest of all spriggans (even weaker than Neinhart for crying out loud).

But the FT guild doesn't know that Ivan is already between them, disguised as his son, Laxus.

After Irene is taken out by Acnologia, Ivan reveals himself as he renders Mavis and other guild members around him unconscious with a nightmarish illusion magic. He laughs on Makarov's sacrifice, saying that all FT will die, and that his father's sacrifice was useless.

Ivan reveals to Gildarts and Cana that he defeated the true Laxus as he was recovering himself of his fight against Wahl Icht. On this moment, Jacob Lessio and Ajeel Ramal arrives where Ivan is with Laxus and the Strauss family's unconscious bodies with them. Jacob thanks Ivan for his strategy for beating Mirajane, as he used Laxus as a hostage to make Mirajane give up her fight. After this, Jacob saved Ajeel from being beaten by Lisanna, who was devouring the sand mage with Sandworm Soul.

After Ivan tells everything, Ivan casts a powerful illusion on Gildarts that renders the FT mage almost insane and powerless, as Obra reveals himself, and helps Ivan, nullfilling Gildarts' magic. Ajeel and Jacob immobilizes Cana to avoid her helping her father, and Cana watch helpless in horror as Ivan tortures Gildarts with his illusion magic, powerful punches and kicks on his face, and exploding Shikigami Bombs on his body. Ivan tries to leave with Cana, as Lucy, Gray and a revived Natsu arrives on the scene. They try to fight Ivan, but August arrives on the scene, summoned by Ivan and Jacob. Ivan then tells August to destroy the Fairy Tree, as Ivan explains that the Fairy Tree being connected with the new Fiore terraformed by Irene's Universe One is the reason of FT members being more stronger, and being able to fight the spriggans, and destroying Fairy Tree is vital to win the war. August starts to fight the remaining FT members, as they watch helpless Ivan running away with Mavis and Cana with Jacob's transport magic.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm fine with Natsu going demon dragon super saiyan and smashing everything. As long as that happens this arc will be fine by me. When it gets down to it, that's all I ever really want from Fairy Tail.

Kinda hope it starts to wrap this up soon though this arc is definitely getting a bit long in the tooth.

Juliana

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Nada.
I am no longer reading, since that horrible plot (for me) about Erza and Irene. Why everyone has to be family in the first place? Erza, Natsu, Zeref, Gray, his dad... I mean, isn't it a little bit of lacking creativity?
The second awful moment - the last straw - was Lucy naked over Natsu in order to save him.
Whaaaaaaaaaat?
Also the end is very predictable: everyone is going to be OK with marriages and kids and bla bla bla.
If they have to face some powerful dude, the first fight they might lose (it's important to pretend difficulty) but on the second fight they will win with a super new power (and friendship).
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Boring boring boring

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
If Hiro wants to save this arc, then I think he needs to do the following to create some real tension and try to bring some impact back to the story:
- Irene beats Erza (but doesn't kill)
- August beats Jellal (He can die or not)
- August and Irene then meet up
- FT meet up and they and the two strongest spriggans clash
- Acno arrives

Right there it starts to build things up, showing that the two Strongest Spriggans are still standing, one still pretty fresh (August) and you then have them pushing FT back. You create desperation and struggle for FT by doing that, and that feeling is needed badly. Have FT getting beaten back so badly they're almost dying before Acno comes along and the Spriggans get distracted so FT has a reprieve. If Hiro did this then I think he's started to really get the arc going towards a decent climax.

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ohhhh. You deserve a cookie. :verily

Anyways..I'm only looking forward for Acnologia. I hope he can stomp them.
and oh, Mavis' illusion will do. Maybe..
Mira soloing Ajeel needs to happen after Mira defeats Jacob. I think Acnologia will appear to kill Irene and then leave again or be sent away again due to the Universe One dispelling.

Kouichi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Estonia
Mira soloing Ajeel needs to happen after Mira defeats Jacob. I think Acnologia will appear to kill Irene and then leave again or be sent away again due to the Universe One dispelling.
Fight...eh.
I don't mind. As long as she has a support. Like maybe Gajeel or whom since some might get salty. Lmao.

*starts to ship them anyway if that happens..atleast they have an interaction lol*

Yeah. I can totally see that happening. That might save Wendy before killing her too. Since Irene is near at Wendy. And FT aint dying so lol

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
As everyone has already said, this arc can't be saved. But some factors that could possibly make the arc respectable (?) in my eyes would be:
  • Makarov staying dead. NO BULLSHIT. And maybe even having some sort of a funeral for him at the end of this.
  • Irene's meteor being stopped by August in the current chapter 518, but August stomping Erza.
  • Acnologia vs Zeref vs END, no nakama interference.
  • The Wizard Saints becoming relevant :cookiehand
  • This arc becoming the final arc, and Natsu sacrificing himself to let END take out Acnologia or Zeref (literally won't happen but I can dream).
  • The people of Edolas / The celestial spirits (and the CSK) coming to lend a hand against Acnologia and Alvarez.
  • Any main character dying, doesn't matter who, as long as Mashima drops the axe on someone.

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Fuck this arc, what can save Fairy Tail? Answer is nothing. If you think your favorite character is going to be spared from Hiro Mashima's shitty writing, think about it again. August and Acnologia aren't exceptions, they are just on the hold until their embarrassment of a fight and shitty backstory finally happens.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
Erza not losing :)
Lol erza is already considered weak. Her losing will not create any suspense or feeling of struggle at all

Now if laxus or natus intervene.
And human irene one shots them.
That will create a real shock and awe scenario.
When strongest good guy fall. Thats the good part.
Then we can have human irene vs august fight for the strongest mage title.
Or dragon irene vs aconologia (a non stomp fight mind you. Otherwise it wont do anything)

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
What can save this arc? Nothing lmao
Its beyond saving
Easy way to save this arc is by having good guys lose and at the very least, deluding us into thinking they could actually die. So far, Good guys keep winning no matter what, even against hyped opponents. I mean, at this point if August went up against Happy, most of us would anticipate Happy winning or at least expect him to survive somehow. We need to feel suspense, that no character is safe.

KalelDaNinja11

Reaction score
Country
United States
I dont think Erza is weak; i think she's boring as hell. Anyways what can not save but at least make ok for this arc is full demon natsu; not just blackened hand claws I want the whole kit and kaboodle.