Question - What do you think Vegapunk is announcing to the world? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question What do you think Vegapunk is announcing to the world?

Do you think Oda will let Vegapunk reveal the shocking truth right away?

• Yes, but it'll only start at the end of the next chapter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We won't get his exact words yet, but we'll get a related flashback

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

electricmastro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh right, isn't the sinking world is what Lily talked about in her letter? I guess Vegapunk would also address what Lily said.

RaisinRisin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Oh right, isn't the sinking world is what Lily talked about in her letter? I guess Vegapunk would also address what Lily said.
I do think so according to DawnDusk's explanation in their analysis and prediction videos on Youtube, but technically the words are covered up (by a louder noise in another speech bubble). The wiki has the parts we can see translated as "The Poneglyphs must be protected. Bear the flag of the dawn against [...]-ing world. — Nefertari D. Lili ." (The pole shift theory is by a different channel btw, not the same one.)

We'll hopefully hear soon from Vegapunk what the reason is for the world to be sinking. The pole shift thing makes a lot of the story come together in a surprising way, but it's still wide open for other possibilities from Oda.

electricmastro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I do think so according to DawnDusk's explanation in their analysis and prediction videos on Youtube, but technically the words are covered up (by a louder noise in another speech bubble). The wiki has the parts we can see translated as "The Poneglyphs must be protected. Bear the flag of the dawn against [...]-ing world. — Nefertari D. Lili ." (The pole shift theory is by a different channel btw, not the same one.)

We'll hopefully hear soon from Vegapunk what the reason is for the world to be sinking. The pole shift thing makes a lot of the story come together in a surprising way, but it's still wide open for other possibilities from Oda.
If he’s talking about the world sinking, then that would prob lead into him talking about the ancient weapons too, assuming one did it.

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
If he’s talking about the world sinking, then that would prob lead into him talking about the ancient weapons too, assuming one did it.
Yup, it could be continued use of the ancient weapons that might trigger something (like, say, if there was a point of no return). The only reason I don't like that theory myself is that it would mean Vegapunk knows about the Mother Flame being used to destroy entire nations. It's not consistent with his characterization for him to be OK with being a part of that. (If it was, then Caesar probably wouldn't have gone behind his back at Punk Hazard.)

There's another possible explanation I talked about a couple of posts ago though, if you're interested: the pole shift theory (which would explain a loooot including how water would get distributed). I heard about DropThePizza's theory from GrandLineReview, where they have a simplified version (very short explanation though so it doesn't cover all the evidence - I recommend the full theory linked in my other post, if you want to know more).

*edit* I just remembered GrandLineReview has a longer (but still abridged) explanation too. You can find it here.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Welp, we have the bit about the world sinking now... I think this is related to wano's walls falling. If they do then a massive amount of water would be released into the world.

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Welp, we have the bit about the world sinking now... I think this is related to wano's walls falling. If they do then a massive amount of water would be released into the world.
So you expect Vegapunk knows Wano's "borders" have to open some day? With how predetermined it's implied to be, doesn't the sinking event sound (so far) more like a force of nature and not a decision made by human beings?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So you expect Vegapunk knows Wano's "borders" have to open some day? With how predetermined it's implied to be, doesn't the sinking event sound (so far) more like a force of nature and not a decision made by human beings?
I don't think he necessarily knows that. I've made the point before that there's a timer that's about to run out and when it does a series of events will definitely unfold. Which is why Roger knew he was too early. But i do think this timer running out will be what gets momo to open wano which in turn floods the world.

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't think he necessarily knows that. I've made the point before that there's a timer that's about to run out and when it does a series of events will definitely unfold. Which is why Roger knew he was too early. But i do think this timer running out will be what gets momo to open wano which in turn floods the world.
Yes, it's a narrative given that something is coming and that this something has been expected to happen since at least the Void Century. Have you developed or adopted any theories or even loose ideas on the specifics of what we're counting down towards?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Yes, it's a narrative given that something is coming and that this something has been expected to happen since at least the Void Century. Have you developed or adopted any theories or even loose ideas on the specifics of what we're counting down towards?
Nothing too specific, my guess is some sort of ancient weapon becomes active. Not necessarily the thing used against lulusia. It's pretty much something that warrants momonosuke unleashing pluto from the depths of wano and shirahoshi finally taking fishman from fishman island with noah.

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Nothing too specific, my guess is some sort of ancient weapon becomes active. Not necessarily the thing used against lulusia. It's pretty much something that warrants momonosuke unleashing pluto from the depths of wano and shirahoshi finally taking fishman from fishman island with noah.
I'm having trouble figuring out what you're saying about Vegapunk's message. How would he know the world is sinking if he doesn't know the reason that you're proposing for why it's happening? Do you maybe believe he's telling the world that the huge war we've been hearing about is coming (since it's likely written in poneglyphs and maybe even some ancient books) and that it's been written that it'll cause a flood somehow? Seems an odd role for a government scientist to play even if he isn't an atheist.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Now I've seen what seems to be the final two panels of chapter 1114 without even having read any text spoilers, whoops. I'm really curious if Vegapunk is talking about Nika there, since it says that the man he's talking about is called a pirate. Also, very curious if the reason for the sinking world is the reason G5 Luffy seems to be crying or if something either very terrible or very touching has happened as well. Looking forward to more! Also looking forward to hopefully seeing for once and for all if either the physical or magnetic variants of OP pole shift theory different people have come up with have been proven or disproven by VP's announcement.