Movies - What is your favorite Disney movie? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Movies What is your favorite Disney movie?

David12

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
My all time favorite would have to be "Mary Poppins". I've never seen a Disney movie I didn't like, though "The Black Hole" was probably Disney's biggest mistake. IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asahina

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have many favorites of Disney movies.
But my recent favorite is: TRON: Legacy (2010)
It had Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, and all the things a computer geek like me would naturally like.
The 'Internet Movie Database' states Disney was one of the three production companies involved with Tron.

And I know most will disagree with me, but I also liked High School Musical (the 1st & 2nd - not the 3rd).

Whiskey

Reaction score
Country
United States
While not traditional Disney, the Nightmare Before Christmas is my absolute favorite film (Disney opted to release this movie under their Touchstone banner). It was incredibly influential to my younger self, and I remember watching it continuously. Beauty and the Beast following as second; both Belle and Sally were my role models.

In general I love Disney, and will occasionally pop in a DVD of Aladdin or Lion King for kicks and giggles. Even the newer aged flicks, like Tangled, pull at my heart strings. <3​

HegemonKhan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I liked the Nightmare Before Christmas too! I loved its theme of combining the two most popular holidays, Christmas and Halloween. First there was The Grinch Stole Christmas, but that didn't go far enough, hehe. The Nightmare Before Christmas was awesome.

Not to mention, I saw a biography show on Tim Burton, of how he was really struggling for a long time, as no one would recognize/appreciate his artwork, so this context added more to the movie for me as well, and I do/did really enjoy Tim burton's artwork in the movie as they fitted perfectly together, hehe :D

(I love his artwork, and now more and more people are too, I'm really glad of this, as his artwork deserves it, and it wasn't getting its respect in the past, when it should have, but now it finally is, yay!)

The music was of course good too, and it's used in many amvs hehe, such as with Claymore, my favorite manga, hehe, it's done really well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0ZVU3cQE0s&feature=related

Last edited:

Ochiru

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Nightmare Before Christmas

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Definitely "The King of Lions" and "The beauty and the beast", I still remember watching them as a kid and being all :zomg

still the choice is hard, there are such a lot of awesome Disney films

klacc

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Aladdin with Hercules as a close second. There really are so many good Disney movies though.

Adorien

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
I might have wrote it already, but my favorite Disney movie is definitely "The Lion King". All of the three. The first I like the most though.

Rower

Reaction score
Country
England
I would have to say that The Hunchback of Notre Dame is my current favourite; it's dark, brooding, but at the same time made of polar opposites that make it a very respectable adaption of Victor Hugo's work. The top two songs I like from the movie are The Bells of Notre Dame for its humongous impact upon the viewer (a good thing, due to the fact that it's the very first song and the lead-in into the story); my second favourite song would be Out There, which is Frolo and Quasimodo's song inside the Cathedral. For one, it gives an actually valid opinion of Frolo's, which is that the world is cruel and wicked (let's be honest, if it wasn't a Disney movie and it was real life, I doubt many people at all would accept Quasimodo), and second it gives a resounding hope of Quasi's that he'll be able to one day see the world that's just beyond his grasp as he scales the architecture of Notre Dame Cathedral.

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Updating my list :):

• Aladdin
  • The Three Caballeros
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • The AristoCats
  • Robin Hood
  • Pocahontas
  • Jungle Book
  • Toy Story 1, 2 and 3
  • Mulan

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Star Trek the force awakens or the avengers ???

More seriusly, I'm not a huge a fan of the classics from the 90s. I grew up watching VHS from the jungle book, Robin Hood, the Aristocats or 101 dalmatians. My fav is still the jungle book. I just love the dancing scene with Baloo and King Louie.

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
My fav is still the jungle book. I just love the dancing scene with Baloo and King Louie.
The Jungle Book is awesome! And I love Baloo is one of my favorite characters from that movie. And I agree that dancing scene is priceless! :XD

Btw, watching that clip made me remember of this:

Last edited by a moderator: