Josei - Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii by Fujita | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Josei Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii by Fujita

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Oh yes I read that chapter! I think the last one I read was when Nifuji remembered Ko-kun's name. He respects the gamers :teehee
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

62 - all colour and very Wotakoi.

63 - aww that damn typhoon! During a beach arc ffs...

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Oh 1st forget to post this theres a new OVA (feb 2021)
source ANN

chap 63
feel sorry for them, this typhooon ruined everything, loved how nifu changed his mind just bc of swimsuits loool :arf

cute panel

fave panel :

love her outfit in this pic, its so classy :wtf

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
A very short, not so entertaining chapter. Although, I like the 'recommendation' topic and wish it was fleshed out more than this.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
chap 64 agree, would have loved this topic of recommendations to be more developped.
chap 65 disagreements about the wedding preparations, Hana-chan want to cosplay :teehee, i like how nifuji and momo are lending a listening ear and are helping their friends out, i really do love the friendship the 2 couples share, its neither cheesy nor cliché, just nice friends helping each other. and my favourite part is Momo's, again, i like her more and more, she always has the right words when it comes to give an opinion or to confort Hana. and again the topic of society and otaku-ness, and how to deal with people's opinion if they get to know their otaku side, and should they ignore that and just have fun and deal with their wedding as they want, or should they conform to society .

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
65 was okay, it was missing something, or maybe it was a chapter to build upon, as it was 'Marriage 1'. I liked the first page, that backstory really is the best.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Next chap already there, didnt expect it at all. and it is sweet and heartwarming :zomg, they get to talk and make things up. and more importantly wedding seems to be coming Asap, im really looking forward to it ! :wtf

fave panels

+

damn this pic is gorgeous, they look awesome :awe

New chap out !! oh the wedding, its happening :awe
funny and heartwarming chapter, but it went so fast !

:wtf

so cute: zomg

calling ths beauty ugly for years, really , this guy :arf shes damn gorgeous !

:teehee

:wtf

and lol

Really happy to get chapters on more regular basis :nod

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Omfg that was the best chapter of the year!!!!! Gonna read the volleyball flashback and the wedding back to back now :love

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Nice chapter focusing on Nifuji, and his 1st days at work, how Tarou was thinking of him and how they get to start being closer firends. Enjoyable chapter, i like Nifuji get a little more focus, as much as my 2 faves are are Hanako and Tarou, Nifuji is one of the kinder and the most reliable character, im looking now forward to getting more of him and Momose. Chapter felt really short though.

This page might be my fave.

Chapter 69/69.5 have just been released
chap 68 : nice Nifu x Momo moements, i like to see them getting closer. And damn, cooking something was super cute :zomg i like Nifu reactions :teehee

Chap 69 is about Kou and Nao, this panel pretty much summarizes the chapter. I hope they will get to talk !

Extra : I like this extra page :teehee

Seemingly the translation team has caught up with the Japanese publication, next volume (#10) will be released on February 21st which means we wont get any new chapter before at least en of February.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Ova 2, pv ( Ova 2 was released on feb 26 2021, I cant find any Eng sub, i hope it will be released. ( i actually found 1 only fan subbed, only on dl, when i tried it, worked without any sound :arf)

edit :
Oh found it here, someone uploaded the fansubbed version, it was better than expected but the 1st was way better. (subs are not perfect a little messing at the beginning but its ok)

Seemingly Wotaku is close to its ending.

Source : Mogura twitter
"Love is Hard for Otaku" (Otaku ni koi wa muzukashii) by Fujita is close to ending according to a reliable weibo user "

It's not surprising though, since we get Taro x Hanako wedding, theres only Momose x Nifu and Kou x Nao to wrap up, my guess would be 1 up to 2 volumes ( i d like 2) remaining, that sounds reasonable, theres no need to stretch it more. Lately Nifu x Momose moments were more and more sweeter, hope both couples will get such a great conclusion as Hanako x Taro did.

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Wotaku will end next chapter (release date on July 16th) : source : here

Vol 11 (final one) will be out on Oct 10th 2021

Wotaku ended up today, here is last chapter raw ( some beautiful Momo x Nifu moments) looking forward to reading remaining chapters which probably will take a couple of months before being released in English. I really enjoyed that romance, Im sad it ended but happy it ended without unnecessary dragging and keep it delivering quality up to the end.

Last chapter digi release : https://comic.pixiv.net/viewer/stories/99391

--- Double Post Merged, ---

Oh there will be a spinoff :zomg
"Love is hard for Otaku" (Otaku ni koi wa muzukashii) by Fujita will get a spin-off manga. More details will be announced at a later date. " source : here

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Chaptes up to 77.5 available online here (official english volume 5, corresponding to Japanese volumes 9 & 10)

As usual, best parts to me are Hanako x Tarou, especially when they are experiencing life as a newlywed couple with their funny an cute moments. 2nd great moment, even though, they are not my favorite couple, I did find Nao's confession absolutely adorable :zomg . So, there is only one volume left (roughly 10 chaps), Japanese release is scheduled on Oct 14 2021, no idea when Eng will be released, though.

Hanako x Tarou moments (75) :wtf

Nao's confession (77.5)

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Chapter 78 out here on drive, It's a lady who decided to translate/scanlate the remaining volume all by herself (aconitescan) which is very much appreciated. Last chapter is 86, so there are only 8 chapters left. she's almost done with 79.
Here is a preview :
:teehee

chap 79 out , that was quick, a funny chap, a game related one :teehee Hanako is for sure crazy lol. so winning games is a matter of chance mostly, right ? :arf

only 7 chaps left, as much as Im happy to be able to read it, Im sad it ended... :pout

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
The Nao x Kou chapters were okay. I'm not as much into them as the others. I think they're a good couple and liked them a lot when they met. Since, I am 'tired' of Nao.

Tarou and Hanako are always enjoyable, I can really relate to Tarou's character and even some of the situations he's in. Not much left of them forever, shame.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Tarou and Hanako are always enjoyable, I can really relate to Tarou's character and even some of the situations he's in. Not much left of them forever, shame.
They re the best and from the start, both are relatable. Like that fight scene when Hanako lost her necklace, and how they made up, the characters emotions' portrayal etc. was very realistic. I do agree about Nao x Kou.

Momo and Nifu had nice moments too, and they currently have some interesting developments from chap 82.

Chap 83-84
Some colleagues found out accidentally some Momo's otaku material (actually they didnt really see), and she got upset about it and got an argument with Nifu about it. I do understand Momo well. I like everything about those chapters, even tho I always prefered Hana x Tarou from the very start to the end, every single of their moment were on point, at this point they are the iconic and model couple of the story. But I like the direction the author took and how he dealt with Nifu x Momo, if it keeps that good till the end, the manga would have an awesome wrap up.
Also, I like their coworkers too, they were really kind and caring ! :zomg Art-wise I still love how the emotions/expressions are portrayed, especially in the look/eyes.

Chap 83 some selected panels :

chap 84 ( a chapter longer than usual) well, all the pasges are worth to be picked but loved how Momo ended up revealing to her colleagues her otaku side and the best, she did casually told them Nifu is her BF
that scene :pout

that was great :teehee
one of my fave panel

chap 86 Oh wow i really love this manga, that was beautiful

didnt expect to see more of them, I'm so happy ♥

It s the last chap, that was an amazing manga, loved it so much , I will miss it, but Im so happoy how it ended :zomg

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Agreed, the last 4 chaps or so were a good way to end it, returning back to the original premise, that it's difficult being an otaku. Personally I don't have a problem saying I read manga or whatnot to anyone, but I do have difficulty with people who look down on it. But I agree with the manga that the attitudes are changing (at least in my world), with how much more accessible anime is on streaming sites, and how I'm seeing manga in bookstores now.

Hanako and Tarou getting pregnant was such a joyous reveal, and it was so like Hanako to be coy about it... yet I felt sad in a way because that was the last chapter. .Wotakoi was reliable over the four years or so that I've read it, and will be missed. Thanks.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Fujita itw from today from anime expo :zomg

On the Beginning: Tell us how Wotakoi started.

Fujita: I started by posting one page at a time on Pixiv for fun, and people said they liked it in the comments. That made me so happy that I kept at it until Ichijinsha contacted me one day and it became a series. Back then, looking for undiscovered amateur content on Pixiv that you personally enjoyed was just starting to become a trend. The free platform provided easy access to that kind of content, and it was kind of like uncovering a lucky find or buried treasure. Nowadays, there are professional artists on Pixiv and people know they can find good content there, so I think the expectations are much higher than before. I think it really helped that I was posting back when people were just starting to realize that there was some surprisingly fun manga to be found there.

On the Concept: What gave you the idea of Wotakoi?

Fujita:
It came from a conversation I was having with a friend while working on art stuff. We started discussing “what if” scenarios about a guy and a girl we thought would be cute together, and what kind of things they might talk about. That idea grew and I thought it was neat, but I couldn’t explain it that well in words. So I put pen to paper because I wanted to give shape to the idea, and the resulting rough sketches was how it started. Even in today’s day and age where it’s much easier being an otaku in life, I still think there are a lot of people who are like Narumi and hide that part of themselves. Even though times have changed and it may not seem necessary to hide it, that’s a separate issue, and one of the things I wanted to do was to acknowledge that feeling of reluctance. So I think the final volume provided a sense of closure in that regard by focusing on that issue.

On Characters: Are they based on real life people?

Fujita:
There are no real-life people I can point to and say, “This is who that character is based on.” But I imagined there were people out there similar to these characters. Rather, I think I was totally convinced there must be as I drew them. Take Kabakura, for instance. I drew him thinking that was exactly what a guy would be like if he had a big ego and an image to uphold but actually loved anime and couldn’t resist his cravings. I did find it hard to believe when a reader told me they knew a person who was just like Naoya. Even with Hirotaka, whose personality is meant to be a boiled down, extreme version of a bunch of otaku traits, I occasionally hear about reported sightings of guys just like him, so I think it’s definitely possible that he exists. When people tell me they’ve seen people like the characters, I’m relieved to know they aren’t completely a figment of my imagination. I get the sense that readers enjoyed seeing familiar bits of themselves and people they knew in the characters.

On Comedy: Who’s your comedic influence?

Fujita: I’ve liked comedic stuff from when I was little and liked making people laugh, so I did kind of incorporate some classic comedy tropes and formulas. Also, this was not a direct inspiration for Wotakoi, but the type of comedy I enjoy is work like Gag Manga Biyori (A Good Day for Comedy Manga). I like that absurd style, but I couldn’t create that kind of humor with my drawings, so I aimed for the kind of vibe you find in Gintama. Rumiko Takahashi’s Ranma 1/2 and Maison Ikkoku are also examples of my idea of the ideal energy I wanted to create. I took care when developing the feel of the characters so that readers would find them endearing and want to see more of their everyday lives. I also tried to keep things light and not too serious.

On Manga: How did you get into drawing manga?

Fujita:
In terms of just casual drawing, I started when I was in elementary school. I would draw four-panel manga with no dialogue in my notebook and show them to my friends. When I grew up, I still had this vague notion that I wanted to be a manga artist and went to a vocational school. Stuff happened, and I had a period of difficulty where I lost sight of what made manga enjoyable, so I decided to take a break and just draw manga for my own enjoyment. That’s when I turned to Pixiv and the result is Wotakoi. So I guess it started as a hobby I played around with that turned into a career. I feel like by the time I realized, it was the only path for me.

On Manga: What kind of tools do you use?

Fujita:
I work with analog tools up to the inking stage. Before the inking stage, drawing with the analog tools I’m used to makes the page look more convincing, plus it’s faster. But for the background art, I definitely prefer working digitally given how challenging it is to have to put a ruler to paper and draw each individual line, making sure none of them go out of the panels. I hope to hit a sweet spot of balancing digital and analog processes, and I’m still figuring that out.

Working in analog, the lines I draw will be printed just as they are, so I have an idea of what the finished product will look like. But working digitally means being able to zoom in indefinitely and draw infinitely thin lines. I hate that when I work on fine details until I’m satisfied, there’s too much detail in the final print and the page looks cluttered. I personally don’t enjoy reading pages with too much detail, and I want to produce the look of the manga I grew up with. I like lines that are relatively thick and easy to see, and a drawing style that depicts depth of field with just the use of lines. When I draw digitally, I don’t get a sense of the finished product, and trying to get it closer to where I want ends up being a time-consuming process.

On Anime: What was it like to see your manga become an anime?

Fujita:
Everyone involved worked so hard to create it, and it made me so happy to see how passionate everyone was.
Suzuki (Editor): I feel like a lot of people discovered Wotakoi through the anime, including overseas fans. I think the anime played a big part in how it reached such a global audience.
Fujita: I love watching overseas reaction video series, and in a scene where Hirotaka sees Narumi crying over anime and says, “What’s the point of crying over anime at this age?” there are these two overseas otaku guys who tell him off and say something like, “Hey! You just turned everyone against you!” But then Hirotaka cries as well right afterwards and the guys are like “Yeah, that’s right!” It was good to see that they approved of how that played out. People from overseas have much more candid reactions and it’s cute.
Suzuki: Even after the TV series was over, we released several OVAs, and they sold in a way that’s unimaginable with most usual OVAs. I really felt that it’s indicative of just how many people loved the anime.
Fujita: Those involved put so much work into it, as well. The anime was a good learning opportunity for me.

On Anime: Would there be a new season of anime?

Suzuki:
I do want to see them do the events surrounding Kabakura and Hanako’s wedding and the book-only episodes from [Japanese] volumes nine to eleven.
Fujita: I want that as much as anybody, so there’s no point asking me about it. [laughs]
Suzuki: It would certainly make a lot of people happy if they animated the full series.

On Theatre: Is it true that Wotakoi is becoming a theatrical play?

Fujita:
Yes. The stage adaptation has a distinctive theatrical vibe of being a live show, and I think people will be glad they watched it. I think the choice of doing Wotakoi in live action is kind of a gamble. It can make some people die from embarrassment by feeling “seen.” I’m one of those people, actually.
It’s bad enough in manga form, but producing it with actual people honestly makes me worry that some viewers might explode from embarrassment.
Suzuki: To tell you the truth, the person who came with the play proposal had an abnormal amount of passion. Be it the anime or the live action film or the play, I felt that the people involved had completely different personalities depending on the genre. I have no idea what the stage adaptation will be like until we see it, so it’s something to look forward to.
Fujita: It is! It’s completely unknown territory, so I can’t wait to see how it’s developing!

Source : https://kodansha.us/2022/07/01/excl..._medium=&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=

+

Hanako and Tarou getting pregnant was such a joyous reveal, and it was so like Hanako to be coy about it... yet I felt sad in a way because that was the last chapter. .Wotakoi was reliable over the four years or so that I've read it, and will be missed. Thanks.

My bad, I forgot to answer, that part was so sweet, and I didnt expected it. It was really a wholesome and satisfying manga, relatable on so many aspects, be it characters, or even situations, and society depiction. I'm missing it, but at the same time i'm happy it did end at the right time, no need to get any unnecessary extension, that would ruin it maybe. Its definitely among my fave romances/slices of life !

Personally I don't have a problem saying I read manga or whatnot to anyone, but I do have difficulty with people who look down on it. But I agree with the manga that the attitudes are changing (at least in my world), with how much more accessible anime is on streaming sites, and how I'm seeing manga in bookstores now.
Pretty much the same, I m more like Momose if it comes to work, I d never mention it, simply bc I saw someone mentioning a dragon ball reference when I was working in Paris, he has been laughed at, and yeah even though attitudes are changing, it's still seen as a wrong thing in some places. It's funny coz, I tend to keep pages I'm browsing opened, when Im home since I'm alone so there are manga sites, infos, chapters, or anime video etc , but whenever someone comes and want to use my computer I feel embarassed :teehee