Discussion - would your rather see allen together with lennali or road? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion would your rather see allen together with lennali or road?

Ebti

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
BOTH lol

fuff

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
with road! and kanda or lavi with lenalee

Baniita

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
To me, Lenalee. I believe that a lot of best friends can become couples, and they are so cute together... Hoshino has confirmed Allen's love for Lenalee, but he only kissed road xD Well, for real, I think that he'll end alone in this aspect. :/
Hoshino has never confirmed Allen's romantic feelings for anyone.
She has said that Allen thinks that Lenalee is cute, and has portrayed Allen to have a crush on her. An infatuation. He treasures her, of course.
He did not kiss Road. Road kissed him. And she was probably in love with Adam or Neah or Mana (god knows) or past!Allen and wanted to like Allen too.

I saw a thing done by Hoshino which could be from the manga or could have been an extra where Allen was all "I have to protect you because I'm the guy" and Lenalee's all "Yeah but I'm older than you."
Congrats, Hoshino! Even despite Lenalee's rebuttal, you've just hit my biggest heteronormative NOPE! Thank you, Japan, for your outdated gender roles and values! Also I am hurt and disappointed to hear Allen say something like that.
But then again, I haven't seen a source for this, so... Could not be the case.

My ideal ending for Allen (branches off into different versions) will likely require Allen to die.
So, yes, I would rather Allen die than to end up with Lenalee. More specifically, I want Neah to destroy Mana/Adam in order to save him, and then end up the mad puppet himself. And when Allen is finally in the place he promised Neah he'd be, that a certain someone will kill him to save him, as well--or perhaps find another method of saving Allen without killing him. The Heart could save him; who knows. Or he could die and return to the spiral of life. He may or may not reincarnate along with everyone else into a new neo Victorian world. Who knows.
Actually, if D.Gray-man ends like Naruto, I will literally defenestrate myself out of the Big Ben building, "bowels out". : D Happy days!

Last edited:

MSofAofCOCA

Reaction score
Country
United States
The only pairing I actively support for in-series development is Miranda x Marie. Maybe past!Earl x Katerina if Hoshino is gracious enough to show it.

For Allen, I too think that his story is going to end in only one way: death. Or something equally tragic. And despite Hoshino saying that she intends to write love into the series, I really appreciate that she is focusing on familial and the broad sense of love rather than romantic ones. Not saying that some might not develop later, but so far this series has only included crushes for laughs and/or back ground stories (Bak's feelings for Lenalee, past!Alma and past!Kanda, respectively).

I also think that Road's feelings for Allen are more sadistic and playful than an actual crush. Mind you, afawk, Road did not know Allen's relationship with Mana & Nea, so these feelings imo are directed directly at present!Allen, and all other revelations are simply coincedences.

Regarding Lenalee... I'm on the fence about how Lenalee thinks of Allen, but I don't think Allen sees her more than a friend/comrade and possibly a sister. I think their relationship is just really close, and Allen is totally a knight in shining armor, so it can seem as if there are romantic feelings where there aren't. Actually, I think that that's where their parting at the Order comes into play: Lenalee might like Allen all different kinds of ways, but not enough for her to leave her brother.
Additionally, I do think Lavi has a solid crush on her, which if things go all according to plan, will be a factor in an Allen vs. Lavi showdown in the future. :verily However, since imo Lenalee doesn't seem to have like any romantic feelings for Lavi, I actually sort of ship her with Bak. Despite the fact that I like Fou x Bak, it ain't happening.

zoldec

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well I prefer Allen x Rohfa ( Lou Fa) not sure the exact name. Rohfa is like a gem unpolished, a little fix and she will be a beauty to behold. She's like the light in Allen's darkness. The lady that fits perfectly to walk and run by his side and supports him in hard times. Nothing much to mention cause they don't have more moments but when Rohfa was talking seriously with Allen with the rest of the gang it looks more like they are the only people around.

Allen x lenalee more like brother sister relationship. Lenalee wsn't able to run and stop him from going away from the order. He just hug her like a brother hugging his sister. Lenalee was jealous when road kissed him.Also lenalee was also angry when allen denied that lenalee was his wife but it looks more like she's not mad about allen's denial but with the mistake of the grandmother. Richard and sarah kissed each other and the two was flustered when they see it. Then richard said his wife's beautiful and allen was answering shyly yes then was pulled by lenalee( stop complimenting other ladies ). Allen when pulled looks more like younger brother appreciating others beauty.

Allen x Road( not a loli build) would be nice but a kid road would be more like filial affiliation not a partner affiliation. Roads too loli to see any romantic ties. Looks more playful like a kid wanting things then hating it afterwards. Road with a mature build (Touka in Tokyo ghoul:re doesn't look loli better than Road in drawing and such) looks more like an emo relationship sadist. She may got the first kiss of Allen but having the first doesn't mean they will last until the end. It would be nice to see them both if she not loli like they look more natural with each other no tense involve when Road hugs Allen.

Preferred ending will be like Allen will be forced to kill someone he loves (Rohfa) but Rohfa's smile will make him fail to do so instead self sacrificed himself cause he cant control the implanted memories on him. He will not die. Then Rohfa will try her best to save him by uncovering the secrets of Mana and Nea Campbell.

But most importantly, I would like the story to end properly unlike others who has no good ending RIP HOTD author died.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I personally think the author hinted from the start that Allen and Lenalee has romantic hints towards each other.But whether they will end up with each other,the story is a tragedy so may not be.But i can only hope.

fuff

Reaction score
Country
Canada
ROAD!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well I prefer Allen x Rohfa ( Lou Fa) not sure the exact name. Rohfa is like a gem unpolished, a little fix and she will be a beauty to behold. She's like the light in Allen's darkness. The lady that fits perfectly to walk and run by his side and supports him in hard times. Nothing much to mention cause they don't have more moments but when Rohfa was talking seriously with Allen with the rest of the gang it looks more like they are the only people around.

Allen x lenalee more like brother sister relationship. Lenalee wsn't able to run and stop him from going away from the order. He just hug her like a brother hugging his sister. Lenalee was jealous when road kissed him.Also lenalee was also angry when allen denied that lenalee was his wife but it looks more like she's not mad about allen's denial but with the mistake of the grandmother. Richard and sarah kissed each other and the two was flustered when they see it. Then richard said his wife's beautiful and allen was answering shyly yes then was pulled by lenalee( stop complimenting other ladies ). Allen when pulled looks more like younger brother appreciating others beauty.

Allen x Road( not a loli build) would be nice but a kid road would be more like filial affiliation not a partner affiliation. Roads too loli to see any romantic ties. Looks more playful like a kid wanting things then hating it afterwards. Road with a mature build (Touka in Tokyo ghoul:re doesn't look loli better than Road in drawing and such) looks more like an emo relationship sadist. She may got the first kiss of Allen but having the first doesn't mean they will last until the end. It would be nice to see them both if she not loli like they look more natural with each other no tense involve when Road hugs Allen.

Preferred ending will be like Allen will be forced to kill someone he loves (Rohfa) but Rohfa's smile will make him fail to do so instead self sacrificed himself cause he cant control the implanted memories on him. He will not die. Then Rohfa will try her best to save him by uncovering the secrets of Mana and Nea Campbell.

But most importantly, I would like the story to end properly unlike others who has no good ending RIP HOTD author died.
i like road x allen, but roufa if not road. I don't want lenalee x allen at all. lenaxkanda or lavi is much better imo. Though i think kanda is out of the picture after all that alma thing and looks like he is ready to die soon, also he might become a fallen.

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

I would love to see Allen end up with Road but as long as Road's true from is a more mature version of herself which I think Road is only able to give birth in her true form. Also I think the person the Allen will be forced to kill who he loves will most likely be Mana/Earl.

Ibafarshan

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
To be honest, I just can't ship anyone in Dgm.
But my choice is Road out f sympathy <_>

ca12nag3

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I personally think the author hinted from the start that Allen and Lenalee has romantic hints towards each other.But whether they will end up with each other,the story is a tragedy so may not be.But i can only hope.
There was no hint really. And the only hint I remember is when Allen was about to leave from the order. At that point one of the translators made an error or perhaps " fanshipped" his own idea of LenxAllen into the text. Where he/she separated the sum of people from naming Lenalee as the " people he loved". I had a serious argument back then with the translator. And basically proved my right with the original text at hand.
Back then I did a bit more research in Japanese while nowadays "as now" I am too busy with work.
Didn't win me the popularity contest believe me haha. Had the entire fanship community breathing down my neck with torches.

I think Allen will not be paired in the end. He might die. That is the vibe I get from the entire story. Him and the Noah are not destined to last. However Lenalee will survive it all. Lenalee is part participant part sideline character. Not meant to say she isn't a main character but she sees it all. She met Road up close, Tyki. The earl nearly grabbed her. She was the first to beat a lvl3. She goes toe to toe with the strongest foes and her innocence evolved. She might have the heart, but I believe not.
She will make it to the end. And perhaps Allen will sacrifice himself to save his nakama "Lenalee". Seeing how he failed to save Alma in the end and Kandas ticker is running out. He would not want to lose another. This however still doesn't make it a love relationship. Still very close.
Road might be somehow connected to old Allen, which makes her more inclined to help him. Still strange since her wanting to keep Allen alive and kicking goes against both the Earl and Nea. She seems to be on a 3rd side in this. She also aided Cross Marian when knowing he was on the Ark. She could have alarmed everyone of the Noah he was on the ship. Yet did not.
But her mysterious personality and willingness to aid Allen is strange. She hates humans more than anyone. Sees them as things not people. Also she suffers the most of what Nea did, she remembers. The others do not.

Aracely

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
There was no hint really.
There have been some hints. The earliest example would be in vol.3 when Allen blushed and thought "She's so cute". Gray Ark's relationship chart lists Allen's feelings towards Lenalee as "She's so cute", and CharaGray's relationship chart for Allen says Lenalee is an "important person" to him.

In the third story from Reverse novel 2, when Lenalee was interviewed by the Black Order's magazine and asked questions about which kind of man she likes, she more or less described Allen. (A guy who likes sweet food and is willing to eat a lot of it, who's responsible, and is strong at playing poker...) Komui even thought that since Allen is exactly Lena's type, he ought to pre-emptively deal with him. And in the same magazine interview, when the reporter asked Lenalee if there was currently a guy she liked, she blushed deeply and went silent, causing the reporter to assume there was someone.

And then there have been a couple of other things, including Lenalee making Allen blush very heavily during one of the CharaGray comics. So I wouldn't say there've been no hints. Of course, that doesn't mean that those hints are going to actually lead anywhere. This isn't the kind of manga where we can assume there's going to be romance.