Favorites - Your 1st String | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Your 1st String

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Is it Tokugawa? I thought echizen might be up next.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Is it Tokugawa? I thought echizen might be up next.
Sorry, it's not a fact, but rather I expect both matches to run at the same time. I should have made that clearer, my apologies.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
@Airgrimes
I don't think it's right to call the rivalry one-sided, since in the fanbook it says in Byoudouin's profile that his and Tokugawa's fates are connected.
?
Does it say that Byoudouin really wants to face Tokugawa?
Otherwise that is one-sided. If only one person wants the match then it isn't equal. That much is simple.
Tezuka and Atobe wasn't too far from being one-sided for example. At Nationals, Atobe wanted to face him again so badly, Tezuka wasn't shown giving much shits iirc.

Well, from what I've read in the manga, Tokugawa wants to defeat Byodoin because he's the first person ever to defeat Tokugawa effortlessly.
Agreed.
But isn't that just... Well... Like so many others in the series? It makes Tokugawa's goal so common.
Kirihara has the same goal against Rikkai's Big 3. Kirihara and the whole of Rikkai train ridiculously hard.
Tokugawa's reason for not caring about representing his country is just annoyingly weak. Since Ryoma and Kirihara are both able shift their focus to representing their nation as well as defeating someone that wiped them.

Its not because he wants the No. 1 badge. Probably just a plus. Also because Tokugawa had his dream of being a professional tennis player shattered by this one person. I don't see Tokugawa and Byodoin a one-sided rivalry. If you ask me, he seems to be the high schooler version of Ryoma. Ryoma kept losing and strives to defeat his father and Tezuka, which he eventually did right at the end of the anime. Whose to say Tokugawa won't? Working hard to beat your senpai may payoff (to some people)
And this is pretty much my point. Byoudouin isn't playing the role of Tezuka or Ryoma's dad who is helping Ryoma train so he can challenge them as a stronger player.
Byoudouin wiped Tokugawa and went and followed his dreams of challenging people around the world. He doesn't even waste a thought on Tokugawa and quite rightly so.
That's why I say Tokugawa's case isn't the same as Ryoma's.

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
?
But isn't that just... Well... Like so many others in the series? It makes Tokugawa's goal so common.
Kirihara has the same goal against Rikkai's Big 3. Kirihara and the whole of Rikkai train ridiculously hard.
Tokugawa's reason for not caring about representing his country is just annoyingly weak. Since Ryoma and Kirihara are both able shift their focus to representing their nation as well as defeating someone that wiped them.

And this is pretty much my point. Byoudouin isn't playing the role of Tezuka or Ryoma's dad who is helping Ryoma train so he can challenge them as a stronger player.
Byoudouin wiped Tokugawa and went and followed his dreams of challenging people around the world. He doesn't even waste a thought on Tokugawa and quite rightly so.
That's why I say Tokugawa's case isn't the same as Ryoma's.
Just because he's goal is common doesn't mean you have to loathe his character, or for anyone else here. I'm sure (hopefully), Konomi will give him more character and more background. Then maybe you'll like him more. Hating his character from just no real official matches is kind of low (Fayte's reasonng is unjustified [irrelevant]). I'm sure Konomi wouldn't have introduced him if he was too fodder. Tokugawa is the 2nd/3rd favourite high schooler and because his voice actor is even more popular, I think it'll be a complete waste for Konomi to introduce him then wipe him out a second time. Not only that but Tokugawa fans will be furious. I wouldn't be, but I would be disappointed. Hype = nothing. Just to let you know, Tokugawa's character is someone I can relate with.

Byodoin didn't give a rats ass about Tokugawa, of which, I believe effortless defeat is not worth your time. But if Tokugawa was to defeat Byodoin, then Tokugawa will be acknowledged by Byodoin as a worthy opponent. That is what its like for every tough opponent in the series. Thats how Tezuka came to be too. He didn't give a rats ass about Atobe's/Sanada's rivalry with him but after his defeat, he did acknowledge both. You only acknowledge people who defeat you. That's why Byodoin is barely harsh to Oni.

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Some characters are introduced to lose to make the opponent improve/ look strong, regardless fo their popularity, Tachibana (introduced really early in the story as a strong cahracter, and still he hasn't won against anyone decent), Saeki and Sengoku are great examples of that.

I believe Yanagisawa, Akazawa, Michiru and Saeki were quite popular as Ms (especially the latter) and they are not even in the camp. Fuji and Ryoma (2 of the 3 most popular characters) haven't played a real match so far. Popularity means nothing in PoT, lol.

I don't think Airgrimes nor Fayte (...nor myself) hate Kazuya, it's just that the guy is super hyped and popular, when actually there's really nothing special about him.

And Tezuka ackowedged both of them even before their match actually, but that doesn't mean the rivally they have isn't one sided. Tezuka (after losing against Atobe in Kanto) didn't give 2 craps and just played S2 against Hyotei in the Nationals. Same with Tezuka when he completely ignored Sanada's sms when he was fishing with his grandpa (that's in the pair puris I believe). Tezuka just doesn't care about rivallies, and that's what Byoudouin prolly feels when he sees Kazuya, he just mocks that scrub he already defeated one year ago, meanwhile Tokugawa just silently nods.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Actually, Tezuka playing S2 in the nationals isn't because he didn't give a crap but because he knew Atobe would have improved and decided Ryoma should take the S1 slot to give Ryoma a boost of improvement.

Your example of Tachibana is kind of...I don't know...not that great. He's pretty much forgotten at this point. I found his role to be more minor supporting compared to say Higa, Seigaku, Hyotei, Rikkaidai, and Shitenhoji. Higa and Shitenhoji were introduced exclusively to the Nationals and have been really popular. But other schools (excluding top 3) in the original anime aren't that great.

I think the reason you guys don't find Tokugawa interesting is because you barely know much about him. I like him because what happened to him happened to me (unrelated to tennis). I had a complete douche ruin my life for 5 years. After that time, I finally had the courage to punch him right in the face. Then he wanted to be friends. But I didn't.

Tokugawa's popularity stems from only his voice actor. I've yet heard anything good from NPoT fans about him other than they are in love with his voice actor.

Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Just because he's goal is common doesn't mean you have to loathe his character, or for anyone else here. I'm sure (hopefully), Konomi will give him more character and more background. Then maybe you'll like him more. Hating his character from just no real official matches is kind of low
"low"? Careful with your words there.
I have many reasons for disliking Tokugawa, I don't necessarily hate the guy, but there is practically nothing special about him at all.
He is hyped up, but really everything about him is something we already have.
And his "Reason for training hard" is weaker than half of the MSers. Like, seriously weak.

He's so immature he is unable to accept his spot on the 1st String and challenge the rest of the world where the opponents will OBVIOUSLY be stronger which would help him improve as a player like Byoudouin has been doing.
Ryoma is able to enjoy Tennis regardless of whether or not he can beat his father yet.

My main reason is that Tokugawa has been a spoiled brat who has been able to play tennis abroad his whole life and improving outside of Japan, he comes to the camp, and of course lost to the best player at the camp, and he was so childish about it, he has refused any position on the 1st String, kept himself isolated from most others as he is only seen speaking with Irie, Oni or Tanegashima, just because some guy beat him?
Byoudouin has defeated a bunch of others including Date.

We're all just disppointed that Tokugawa has been portrayed as a Tezuka-type character, calm, collected, head screwed-on, and were hoping he had massive aims of being a pro with NOTHING getting in the way of his dreams like Tezuka, but the twist was that he has fixated his life on defeating some other School player and "would give his life" to defeat Byoudouin.
Now that is disappointing as hell for me.

We have Yukimura who took a life-risking operation to be able to play Tennis again, we have Tezuka go through serious arm operations, we have Tachibana give up tennis due to taking away Tennis from his best friend but Tokugawa will give his life just to beat somebody just once.

Byodoin didn't give a rats ass about Tokugawa, of which, I believe effortless defeat is not worth your time. But if Tokugawa was to defeat Byodoin, then Tokugawa will be acknowledged by Byodoin as a worthy opponent. That is what its like for every tough opponent in the series. Thats how Tezuka came to be too. He didn't give a rats ass about Atobe's/Sanada's rivalry with him but after his defeat, he did acknowledge both. You only acknowledge people who defeat you. That's why Byodoin is barely harsh to Oni.
But what does this prove in Tokugawa's favour? It just shows that Tokugawa's rivalry is nothing different to the MSers like Kirihara to the Big 3, Hiyoshi to Atobe there are probably others.
More importantly, unlike Atobe and Sanada, Tokugawa can't shift his focus to more important things in life.
They weren't saying things like "Tezuka is someone I would die to defeat".

Like I said, Byoudouin doesn't give a damn, and we have no idea if Tokugawa will win. If he doesn't win, where does that leave him? The same place. His character simply cannot grow. All there is to Tokugawa right now is the goal of Byoudouin.
That's extremely boring now that we realize that's his only reason for training.

Like Hardy said, Tokugawa is super hyped and popular, but for what? Training extremely hard? All to defeat a special opponent?
Welcome to PoT where the Rikkai team train harsher than anybody else + with weights, Kaidoh trains with weights, Momoshiro and Kawamura trained in the mountains BEFORE it was cool before Nationals let alone at the U-17 Camp, Atobe, Shiraishi, Tezuka all known to be tireless workers, Chitose is known for doing endless research, Inui's training is even harder than Kaidoh's he confirms,.

And all Tokugawa did was what the Black Jersey MSers did?

I think the reason you guys don't find Tokugawa interesting is because you barely know much about him. I like him because what happened to him happened to me (unrelated to tennis). I had a complete douche ruin my life for 5 years. After that time, I finally had the courage to punch him right in the face. Then he wanted to be friends. But I didn't.
No, we know Tokugawa well enough. I've found it interesting that he has taken a liking to Ryoma as a younger brother and is a little jealous Ryoga according to the fanbook actually.
Tokugawa has a hell of a lot of screen time, we know his backstory, we know his personality, its just boring and something we've seen too many times before.
He behaves like Tezuka and wants to defeat his senpai like Kirihara but in a much more exaggerated way.

In fact, the dislike of Tokugawa was surfaced on MH after Byoudouin attacked Ryoma and Tokugawa. By then Tokugawa had given his reasons for training so hard etc.
I'm just disappointed that Tokugawa hasn't chosen to destroy one of the lower characters in the 1st String and travelled abroad with the team to get stronger then challenge Byoudouin any other time when he's good enough. He's tunnelled his vision on to just some other High School kid who like you said doesn't give a rats ass about him.
That's a pretty weak aspiration for somebody good enough to wipe Ryoma and well... The majority of the camp.

I respect that you can relate to Tokugawa due to your own personal experiences since I can too with characters in the series, but my reasoning for Tokugawa is genuine and I could list even more. Probably the same with others I think Hardy summarized some of them pretty nicely.

Sorry for the wall of text ChinkyCandie.

Last edited:

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'd be careful with words if people here stopped being biased.

Wow. So much pessimism. I can agree that Tokugawa is nothing special but because I've been through something similar to him, I think he deserves some support. I did fnd that he might be the main High schooler character so Konomi might make him a more likeable character in the upcoming chapters.

I find that even though most characters are similar they're not hated. So I don't find your reason for that justified. He's reason for training hard isn't weak. Everyone trains hard if they want to improve. Tokugawa wants to improve to defeat one person. Yes I can agree that his tunneled vision is Byodoin is a lame ass reason but because (not sure) whether you've sat on the same boat, you could feel the same way.
Also, we all know Tokugawa is 1st stringer material but maybe he actually doesn't want to become one? Think about that? He already travels abroad for other tennis training and possibly matches. And he has even said that the world is far bigger than Japanese tennis. Maybe he wants to play for another country and not Japan. There's many reasons, you just have to think through them rather than jump to pessimistic conclusions. Don't stick to the storylines that Konomi gives us. Try think outside of that. When you do, I'd give you points for proper justification.

Tokugawa giving his life to defeat Byodoin is something we haven't had yet. Sure its not great reasoning but there might be something more to that. Remember that his fate and Byodoin's is interwined? What do you think that could mean? I had a silly thought that Tokugawa knew Byodoin's younger sister and Byodoin got all over-protective and crushed Tokugawa. Silly but you never know.

Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I'd be careful with words if people here stopped being biased.
How am I being biased? Nobody is being biased.
Some of us just aren't fans of Tokugawa. I don't get why that's hard to understand.
I'm sure there are characters you aren't fans of. As long as you list reasons then I wouldn't go as far as to say you are biased.
I was originally fine with Tokugawa right up until the chapter we find out his reason for living right now is to defeat Byoudouin.
Its just too shallow for me. How on earth is that biased?
Wow. So much pessimism. I can agree that Tokugawa is nothing special but because I've been through something similar to him, I think he deserves some support. I did find that he might be the main High schooler character so Konomi might make him a more likeable character in the upcoming chapters.
?
You say he deserves some support? From who? He gets support. I'd be happy for him if he beat Byoudouin.
I just don't care for Tokugawa that's all. How on earth am I being pessimistic if I haven't said he is doomed to losing?
Tokugawa might win against Byoudouin. He's worked incredibly hard for it. But in PoT, hard work alone has never been guaranteed to be enough.
I'm just not bothered by Tokugawa at all
I find that even though most characters are similar they're not hated. So I don't find your reason for that justified. He's reason for training hard isn't weak. Everyone trains hard if they want to improve. Tokugawa wants to improve to defeat one person. Yes I can agree that his tunneled vision is Byodoin is a lame ass reason but because (not sure) whether you've sat on the same boat, you could feel the same way.
There are similar hard working characters who I dislike in the series. I don't understand why you want to ignore my reasoning then.
Tokugawa's reason for training hard is pretty ordinary. I was expecting somebody like him to be in a unique situation like Oni, who was so heroic, he stayed behind to strengthen youth tennis in his country. That's just awesome.
Tokugawa just wants to defeat his Senpai. So many other people in PoT want to beat their senpai that I just don't care for each and every one of them. Tokugawa is amongst those I'm not bothered about.
Also, we all know Tokugawa is 1st stringer material but maybe he actually doesn't want to become one? Think about that?
So? Then it means he is just wasting his youth in Japan, a country he has already acknowledged as being weaker in tennis than the a lot of places in the world all for his pride that he lost at 16?
Sanada just received a complete and utter hammering. Is he going to resign his life to defeating Tanegashima?
I don't see why
He already travels abroad for other tennis training and possibly matches. And he has even said that the world is far bigger than Japanese tennis. Maybe he wants to play for another country and not Japan. There's many reasons, you just have to think through them rather than jump to pessimistic conclusions. Don't stick to the storylines that Konomi gives us. Try think outside of that. When you do, I'd give you points for proper justification.
I haven't jumped to "pessimistic conclusions". I haven't stuck the storylines that Konomi has given us.
If Tokugawa really cares about playing for other countries, he wouldn't be wasting time here.
Otherwise, he is just like Krauser. A player who has stayed in a nation that he knows has weaker tennis just to recover his pride. And it really isn't working out for Krauser.
ChinkyCandie, we've discussed Tokugawa several times before on this forum, so believe me we have looked at various situations as to why Tokugawa has rejected 1st String and just resigned his life to beating Byoudouin who doesn't give a rats ass about him.
You can list characters you dislike. Just because I like that character, I'm not going to refuse your opinion.
You're the only person who is refusing to accept several people's genuine reasons for disliking a character. Some people just aren't Tokugawa fans. Which is why he didn't even appear in the Top30 of the SPoT Character Poll.Its not like we're the only ones.

Tokugawa giving his life to defeat Byodoin is something we haven't had yet. Sure its not great reasoning but there might be something more to that. Remember that his fate and Byodoin's is interwined? What do you think that could mean? I had a silly thought that Tokugawa knew Byodoin's younger sister and Byodoin got all over-protective and crushed Tokugawa. Silly but you never know.
We don't know what it means, but their fate being intertwined has no effect on whether or not people wish to be Tokugawa fans or not.

Believe me, you'll find much more hate for Fuji, Yukimura, Sanada, Yuuta, and probably other characters on this forum. Tokugawa is far from most hated.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
From what I've seen, only you have been able to come up with some justified reasons to not like Tokugawa, compared to everything else has about 1-2 reasons. Maybe biased wasn't a good word, but I recon people would be more pessimitic towards me if I called them narrow-minded. Many people are that but "screw you" if you tell them. They're just immature and stupid. When I ask someone why they like/dislike something, its not surprising they give me some of the lamest reasons. Its usually based on their looks or a one-off reason.

You're being pessimistic because you have found one good thing about Tokugawa. Everything else was reasons as to why you didn't like his character.

Maybe Tokugawa is in a unique position but Konomi hasn't revealed that.

Tokugawa is Japanese so he could start there then move around as he improves. Its the same with me. I want to start in my hometown then move as I get better in whatever it is I end up doing.
From what I've seen in people's "arguments" in why they don't like Tokugawa is not great. They base it on storylines and no thoughts out-side of that. That's why I'd call them narrow-minded. There are very little reveals of Tokugawa past. All we know is he played tennis since 5YO, traveled abroad and never lost a match until Byodoin. That's little information to make an actualy judgment of character.

The characters I didn't like I waited until the final episode to make a judgment. By then you'd have enough information to judge. Since NPoT is still going, both anime and manga, its not enough to make a judgment.

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Actually, Tezuka playing S2 in the nationals isn't because he didn't give a crap but because he knew Atobe would have improved and decided Ryoma should take the S1 slot to give Ryoma a boost of improvement.
In other words, he didn't give a crap. He doesn't care about the rivally jsut like Atobe or Sanada do. Both of them would play outside of S1 just to face him, but Tezuka doesn't care. You said it yourself, he thinks some other things (Seigaku / Ryoma's improvement) are more important than a silly rivally

Your example of Tachibana is kind of...I don't know...not that great. He's pretty much forgotten at this point. I found his role to be more minor supporting compared to say Higa, Seigaku, Hyotei, Rikkaidai, and Shitenhoji. Higa and Shitenhoji were introduced exclusively to the Nationals and have been really popular. But other schools (excluding top 3) in the original anime aren't that great.
How is his role minor compared to Higa and Shiten, who were just introduced to be defeated by Seigaku? I can understand Shiten as it has some interesting cahracters (a super Kamio, a super Ishida, a Muga Master, Konomi's protagonist, etc...) but Higa? No way.

How is Tachibana forgotten, WoK is finally reunited and he played more matches than Fuji lol

Well, the fact that you like a character for a personal matter is another thing. Read it backwards. You only like him because you can relate to him, not because he's an interesting character.

...and punching the guy then don't accepting his apologize doesn't seem to be what a superior person would do in that situation, but that's offtopic

I find that even though most characters are similar they're not hated.
Again, we don't hate him.

Also, we all know Tokugawa is 1st stringer material but maybe he actually doesn't want to become one? Think about that? He already travels abroad for other tennis training and possibly matches. And he has even said that the world is far bigger than Japanese tennis. Maybe he wants to play for another country and not Japan. There's many reasons, you just have to think through them rather than jump to pessimistic conclusions. Don't stick to the storylines that Konomi gives us.
Why the crap is he in Japan then? Why did he even join a camp if he thought everyone was inferior? and why would I make silly theories if Konomi didn't hint anything at all? What's the point of it? it'll end up being the character I want, not the one that is in the manga. I could think outside of what Konomi has drawn and think that Sengoku, even if he was Jr. Saibatsu material (something that not many acomplished) he decided to let other players beat him so Japan level could grow a lot more, and that he's been hiding his luck until he faces Byoudouin... what do I win with that?

I had a silly thought that Tokugawa knew Byodoin's younger sister and Byodoin got all over-protective and crushed Tokugawa. Silly but you never know.
My theory is that he's asexual, like at least 50 % of the characters in PoT

From what I've seen, only you have been able to come up with some justified reasons to not like Tokugawa, compared to everything else has about 1-2 reasons. Myabe biased wasn't a good word, but I recon people would be more pessimitic towards me if I called them narrow-minded. Many people are that but "screw you" if you tell them. They're just immature and stupid.
I don't think that anyone said something like that at all, nor that everyone is ¨pessimistic¨. Ken, Sai and Kaoz (among others) have him in their first string (we all think he's 1st string material, yet we doubt he's as strong as someone with ¨a power from a different dimension¨ that isn't really impressed watching people go PoP); some others have him in their fav characters list. Again, if I read it backwards, you're calling everyone but Airgrimes immature and stupid, not cool lol.

The characters I didn't like I waited until the final episode to make a judgment. By then you'd have enough information to judge. Since NPoT is still going, both anime and manga, its not enough to make a judgment.
I don't want to wait till I'm 80 (cause I dn't see NPoT ending any time soon) to make a judgement about every character , thank you.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
If Higa wasn't popular then why are they always in the top 5 of PoT schools. Since 2009 Seigaku, Hyotei, Rikkaidai, Shitenhoji and Higa are the top 5 schools. So yes, Higa did do well compared to Tachibana. When was his last appearance in the manga? With his doubles match against court 3. Higa gained popularity when they realised their tennis style was wrong and played better tennis.

Regarding the question why Tokugawa is still in Japan, read my reply to Airgrimes. Answer is there.

I'm not calling all but Airgrimes immature and stupid. I'm calling people's reasoning for disliking a character that. I've met very little people who can come up with justified reasons as to why they like/hate a character.

Konomi said he wishes to make NPoT longer than the original, so about 400 chapters. You won't be 80 but he might be.

Last edited:

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
I actually like Kazuya. I would be happy if he defeats Byoudoin. But I don't think he will. Simply Because of the hype surrounding Byoudoin. Tokugawa was a hyped character too. But it seems Konomi-sensei decided to shift the focus on others. That doesn't make Kazuya a bad player but indicats there are better players than him. I personally think he'll lose against Byoudoin but earn some respect from him. Just like Kin-Chan earned some respect from Oni.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Truth be told, the people who've watched the anime only like Tokugawa because of his voice actor. Daisuke Ono is equivalent to some boyband with many obsessed teen female fans. Not saying he's horrible. He sings too but his role in Kuroshitsuji was what won over fans.

Korean Kuroko

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
Before I make mine: Can somebody tell me the current First String? It's hard keeping track of this.
-I know Bydoin and Shuuji should stay as is(or at least till Sanada beats him).
-Kazuya, Oni and Irie should be in since they are the most featured HS(it would be unfair if they are ALL MSers).
-Momo and Kenya make an interesting team so I would keep them.
-I'm still unclear: Did Marui get Tohno's spot or not?After his showing I want him in( Not paired up with Kite,though).
-Other people who I'munsure of their spot: Niou( is it just me or is he god tier?) since he is injured, Kabaji's out but permanetly? Also Yukimura might be gone soon too.
Also IMO Kawamura should go since he wanted to retire.
I want a pair of Jiroh and Jackal and I have reasons why.
Kirihara and Kaidou shouldnt be in, instead they should focus on becoming captains of their respective teams.
Also while I like Duke and double racket Jesus they just seem like prolonged fodder to me.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I don't wanna spoil you nor anything like that, but Sanada's match conclusion is already out, check the chapters 109, 110 and 111 thread.

From the wikia:

No. 1 - Hōō Byōdōin
No. 2 - Shūji Tanegashima
No. 3 - Duke Watanabe
No. 4 - Ryoga Echizen
No. 5 - Kazena Kaji -> Jūjirō Oni (3rd year, former 3rd Court Leader, originally 5th Court Leader and 2nd Stringer)
No. 6 - Ryūji Ōmagari
No. 7 - Ikuto Kimijima
No. 8 - Atsukyō Tōno
No. 9 - Tsukimitsu Ochi -> Keigo Atobe (Hyotei 3rd year, Middle School 2nd Stringer)
No. 10 - Juzaburō Mūri -> Masaharu Niō (Rikkaidai 3rd year, Revolutionary Brigade)
No. 11 - Tetsuhito Fuwa -> Seiichi Yukimura (Rikkaidai 3rd year, Middle School 2nd Stringer)
No. 12 - Danji Date -> Takashi Kawamura (Seigaku 3rd year, Revolutionary Brigade)
No. 13 -Ban Rikiya -> Munehiro Kabaji (Hyotei 2nd year, Revolutionary Brigade) ->DISQUALIFIED in Chapter 77 Current No. 13 is Unknown
No. 14 - Izou Hakamada -> Kintarō Tōyama (Shitenhoji 1st year, Revolutionary Brigade)
No. 15 - Yūma Mutsu -> Masaharu Niō (Rikkaidai 3rd year, Revolutionary Brigade) -> BADGE RETURNED Current No. 15 is Unknown
No. 16 - Yūho Mutsu -> Shuichiro Oishi (Seigaku 3rd year, Revolutionary Brigade)
No. 17 - Akuto Mitsuya -> Yanagi Renji (Rikkaidai 3rd year, Revolutionary Brigade)
No. 18 - Yoshiyuki Taira -> Kenya Oshitari (Shitenhoji 3rd year, Revolutionary Brigade)
No. 19 - Tetsuya Hara -> Takeshi Momoshiro (Seigaku 2nd year, Revolutionary Brigade)
No. 20 - Akiba Kōyō -> Kanata Irie (3rd year, former 5th Court Leader, originally 3rd Court Leader and 2nd Stringer)

Some people here work in the wikia, it has a ton of legit info (well, I'd say all of it lol) so I'd say that you should check it out if you can't find something.

Marui didn't get the spot, it's still Tohno's. Kabaji is out, Yukimura will leave, and Niou's status is unknown right now. Also, Kintarou might had returned his badge.

Korean Kuroko

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
I don't wanna spoil you nor anything like that, but Sanada's match conclusion is already out, check the chapters 109, 110 and 111 thread.

From the wikia:

No. 1 - Hōō Byōdōin
No. 2 - Shūji Tanegashima
No. 3 - Duke Watanabe
No. 4 - Ryoga Echizen
No. 5 - Kazena Kaji -> Jūjirō Oni (3rd year, former 3rd Court Leader, originally 5th Court Leader and 2nd Stringer)
No. 6 - Ryūji Ōmagari
No. 7 - Ikuto Kimijima
No. 8 - Atsukyō Tōno
No. 9 - Tsukimitsu Ochi -> Keigo Atobe (Hyotei 3rd year, Middle School 2nd Stringer)
No. 10 - Juzaburō Mūri -> Masaharu Niō (Rikkaidai 3rd year, Revolutionary Brigade)
No. 11 - Tetsuhito Fuwa -> Seiichi Yukimura (Rikkaidai 3rd year, Middle School 2nd Stringer)
No. 12 - Danji Date -> Takashi Kawamura (Seigaku 3rd year, Revolutionary Brigade)
No. 13 -Ban Rikiya -> Munehiro Kabaji (Hyotei 2nd year, Revolutionary Brigade) ->DISQUALIFIED in Chapter 77 Current No. 13 is Unknown
No. 14 - Izou Hakamada -> Kintarō Tōyama (Shitenhoji 1st year, Revolutionary Brigade)
No. 15 - Yūma Mutsu -> Masaharu Niō (Rikkaidai 3rd year, Revolutionary Brigade) -> BADGE RETURNED Current No. 15 is Unknown
No. 16 - Yūho Mutsu -> Shuichiro Oishi (Seigaku 3rd year, Revolutionary Brigade)
No. 17 - Akuto Mitsuya -> Yanagi Renji (Rikkaidai 3rd year, Revolutionary Brigade)
No. 18 - Yoshiyuki Taira -> Kenya Oshitari (Shitenhoji 3rd year, Revolutionary Brigade)
No. 19 - Tetsuya Hara -> Takeshi Momoshiro (Seigaku 2nd year, Revolutionary Brigade)
No. 20 - Akiba Kōyō -> Kanata Irie (3rd year, former 5th Court Leader, originally 3rd Court Leader and 2nd Stringer)

Some people here work in the wikia, it has a ton of legit info (well, I'd say all of it lol) so I'd say that you should check it out if you can't find something.

Marui didn't get the spot, it's still Tohno's. Kabaji is out, Yukimura will leave, and Niou's status is unknown right now. Also, Kintarou might had returned his badge.
Thanks for the info!
I should have been more especific. Yes I read those chapters but it seems inetivable that Sanada will play Shuuji again(when he masters the triple clutch as he said). Same goes for Akutsu vs Tennis Jesus.

So it could be that Yukimura gives his spot to Sanada and Akutsu becomes Kuwamura's partner(although as I said I rather he leaves,maybe have his last match against his former friend and go train to become a Sushi chef like he said he would during the semi-finals).
Making this list is hard. I still havent found spots for Shiraishi and Fuji...What to do,what to do.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

No. 1: Byoduin
No. 2: Shuuji
No. 3: Oni
No. 4: Ryoga
No. 5: Kazuya
No. 6: Atobe
No. 7: Ryoma
No. 8: Fuji
No. 9-10: Marui/Niou
No. 11: Sanada( Gets it from Yukimura)
No. 12-13: Akutsu/ Shiraishi( Akutsu replaces Kabaji, Kuwamura leaves and Shiraishi takes his place)
No. 14: Kintarou
No. 15-No. 16: Jiroh/ Jackal
No. 17: Inui( I'm pretty sure he is the one with the badge,right?)
No.18-19: Momoshiro/ Kenya
No. 20: Irie

Notes:
- Even though the only 2 HS I like are Shuuji and Irie I still keep some since it would be kinda lame if the entire team is under 15.
-No kirihara, Kaidou or Hiyoshi since they should focus on becoming captains of their school teams.
-Akutsu/ Shiraishi so Shiraishi can do the same he did for Kirihara to Akutsu.

- Marui/Niou Are match together but they can work in ANY doubles team now. Niou seems to me like THE best doubles player right now. He can copy anyone it seems even down to their mental fortitude. He can syncro with any teamate PLUS he can syncro with his oponnents if he wants to. When it comes to doubles he seems to be 3 demons level.

-Jiroh/ Jackal: This one is out of preference but makes since on paper. Jackal can't just sit down and watch as his partner powers up like a trucker. And Jiroh's time has been a LONG TIME COMING!!! Since Jiroh is pretty much lazy Marui he and Jackal should have natural chemistry. Also Jiroh has 2 other things:
A.) He can't be copied since he was born with his ability.
B.) He is confirmed canditate for PoP since he truellly enjoys playing tennis from tha bottom of his heart.
So there you go. Thoughts?

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

I was thinking something..........
In my Opinion, now that I know that Irie was already likely a high rated player, i can see the new First String Shaping out like this. Like it would sort of reaarange itself to meet a place where everyone gets into a more comfortable place
20. Shiraishi Kuranosuke (I think once Irie decides to regain his original position that everyone under him will move down so I think Kenya will take the spot and that Shiraishi will win it from him since I never really saw Shiraishi as all that strong after seeing him get walled by 3rd Court.)
19. Oishi Shuichiro (I see Oishi getting dragged down into the ground since Niou left his side but I think with a Eiji pairing that he can remain within the First String)
18. Kikumaru Eij (Since he keeps Oishi afloat plus he is actually a fairly good player in his own right I can see him this high)
17. Masaharu Niou (While Niou is rediculously strong I can't put him to high because his best copy is of Kunimitsu "Glass-Arm" Tezuka and is likely to injure himself early in the game)
16. Inui Sadaharu (I believe that Inui could take one of the Open Positions and Play doubles with Inui, the reason I put him this high is just because Number 17 was a single player spot) or Kaoru Kaido (I can see Kaido here as a replacement for Inui thanks to the Laser combo plus his stamina makes him pretty beast)
15. Renji Yanagi (While I don't believe he deserves his position, I think he would make it if he played doubles with Inui) or Kirihara Akaya (I can see him reaching this level with his devil mode plus if he can reawaken Muga then who knows how powerful he can get)
14. Shusuke Fuji (Everyone (Including me) is expecting him to reach this level and I can see him take a place here with his counters and closed eye to make his stand)
13. Takeshi Momoshiro. (I see Momo moving really higher up thanks to BJK given that it gave Oni the #5)
12. Kawamura Takashi (Since Taka couldn't actually win against Date or Ban, and now that Kabaji is gone, I see Taka working with Momo since they have doubles experience and they can be the Power Player Pair replacement for Ban and Date) or Gin Ishida (I can also see Gin working here given his strength, the only discrepensy is that I think Taka has higher endurance and now that Taka can hit 108, is he as strong as Gin?)
11. Chitose Senri (The Muga master likely has some tricks under his sleeve and I want him here just so we can se one match where PoW definetly is worth being a Muga skill (It's either broken or Implied to be breakable in every match it has appeared in) or Tachibana Kippei (I am so sick of this character's fruitless hype, he doesn't deserve all the screen time he's gotten I need to see a full match with him to really see what he can do), (I have these two seperate because I don't see any fruit to the Beast Synchro and until we see solid evidence of what it is I have them seperate or else they replace Eiji and Oishi) Or Akutsu Jin since he was able to stop the #6 even though that guy is only good in doubles since you can't do Nitoryu in singles and his attack from anywhere style really makes him valuable) #11 is the Throw Up Spot here
10. Atobe Keigo (I see Atobe remaining at his current level thanks to Atobe Kingdom and His Powerful Smashes)
9. Kintaro Toyama (X ball strike, amazing strength, wild stamina, and PoP, Kin-Chan definitely ranks high but I don't see him as getting passed Ryoma or anyone above him right now)
8. Genichirou Sanada (Sanada IMHO is a great character with stupidly OP skills that make no sense and are really not what you'd expect from someone so low, Black Aura and Rai get him this spot and Nothing else)
7. Ryoma Echizen (While it may seem weird to have Ryoma so Low, I just can't put him higher in the current picture of everyone's abilities even with PoP)
6. Duke Watanabe (He can Gently break 108 Hadyoku so I imagine he is powerful and he has great stats that I see him keeping a high spot and he starts the string of High School only territory)
5. Irie Kanata (This is what I think was Irie's original place was so I think he'd reclaim it)
4. Jujiro Oni (While I believe that he was the original #3 after Shuji made an appearance and Byoudin came back to defeat him, but I think Ryoga would be able to overcome him)
3. Ryoga Echizen (I seem him as being equal to Shuji, but at the same time not being able to overcome him so he beats Oni and then gets stuck at 3 for eternal draws)
2. Shuji Tanegashima (He can negate any special move, I think that is enough to warrant his current standing and then keep him there)
1. Hoo Byoudin or Tokugawa Kakuya (For either of them I am not sure, I want Byoudin to win because he is the final boss but at the same time I don't want their leader to be an ass and Tokugawa really deserves revenge)

Any thoughts?

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Don't forget Ryoma has now GS, he should be in the top 5 position. Also, Ryoma might play with Ryoga just to regain his memories and then Ryoga gives him his No.4 badge and leaves so they can face each other in the future (international arc most likely)

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
After thinking and new consideration I have Updated my list.
19./18. Inui Sadaharu/ Yanagi Renji
17. Ishida Gin or Shiraishi Kuranosuke
16./15. Tachibana Kippei/ Chitose Senri
14. Shusuke Fuji
13./12. Kaoru Kaido/ Marui Bunta
11. Akutsu Jin
10./9. Atobe Keigo/ Masaharu Niou
8./7. Genichiro Sanada/ Shuji Tanegashima
6./5. Jujiro Oni/ Irie Kanata
4. Kintaro Toyama
3. Ryoma Echizen
2. Tokugawa Kakuya