Favorites - Your 1st String | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Your 1st String

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
You don't have a No.20 dude.

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The Number 20 should have been Momoshiro, don't know how that got erased

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Sanada/Tanegashima pair and Marui/Kaidoh pair both sound pretty odd but its a strong side nonetheless.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Well, Marui/Kaidoh isn't really odd (it's like a better Champion pair and a worse Kite/Marui pair).

But yeah Shuuji/Sanada came out of nowhere, but it could work out I guess.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Well, Marui/Kaidoh isn't really odd (it's like a better Champion pair and a worse Kite/Marui pair).
Why would it be better?
Marui/Jackal have a ridiculously good partnership. I don't know if Kaidoh and Marui could work together just as well.
Jackal's stamina exceeds Kaidoh's too. Kaidoh only has his amazing laser combo which is truly amazing, but can he support Marui as well as Jackal?.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
We know that Jackal is faster and has better stamina, but Kaidoh's determination allows him not to stay behind at all (+he has better power). He certainly has his combo, that was praised A LOT in PoT and seemed unreturnable by Yanagi/Kirihara.

About him adapting to Marui... Who knows? Kite is a selfish bastard and it worked, I don't see why Kaidoh wouldn't work there. In fact, as far as I know, the Champion's pair team play was never something remarkable, they were just very good individually, one focused on defense and the other in the attack (you might come up with a page of X chapter that says the opposite... but I'll take that risk :p ). Contrary to pairs like GP, the Jimmies or even Shishido and Chotarou.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
About him adapting to Marui... Who knows? Kite is a selfish bastard and it worked, I don't see why Kaidoh wouldn't work there. In fact, as far as I know, the Champion's pair team play was never something remarkable, they were just very good individually
Kite changed his person for the match completely though. Also, Kite's ability to use Shukuchiho in all directions more or less shits on anything Jackal and Kaidoh could possibly offer. Kite is a little too good of a player to compare him here.

I believe it was their partnership though since their ability to interchange between front and back or more notably Marui's ability to leap into defense and their abiltiy to decide who returns what(albeit Marui made it seem comical)

Kaidoh adapts to Inui well sure, but I've never been impressed by his Doubles prowess that much with Momoshiro for instance.

Only the Rikkai players seem to be able to have amazing teamwork with all of each other and still play Singles really well.

one focused on defense and the other in the attack (you might come up with a page of X chapter that says the opposite... but I'll take that risk :p ). Contrary to pairs like GP, the Jimmies or even Shishido and Chotarou.
I could come with a page to challenge it but you make a good point.
Marui/Jackal didn't seem to rely on formations like other pairs but that doesn't mean they didn't have perhaps the one of the best teamworks in the series.
WoK and Data Pair don't rely on formations but are obviously ridiculously good pairs.

Btw, having determination in SPoT is mainstream now lol.
Kaidoh no longer has that edge imho.
Atobe, Niou, Kawamura, Momoshiro and too many others have spammed the unwavering determinatin thing so far.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Uhm, yeah, Kite kinda sets the bar too high to make a decent comparission.

Kaidoh and Momo had that masks match (Nationals SF) that kinda showed some team play when they started using the others move (but it was very likely Momo's idea... he's actually a very good doubles player).

Dunno, I see Kaidoh as a player that just adapts to his partner. Not bad, but nothing really remarkable.

Also, the determination thingy was because Jackal has a freaking 1 in mental, lol, and even if Kaidoh has an average 3, his determination was mentioned plenty of times.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Gonna update mine too.

A "realistic" Ms team, considering the numbers we know so far... and I just completed the other spots. I have Tachibana / Chitose as the no.1 pair, and Sanada and Akutsu would end up playing doubles (inb4 rants, I know it's a stupidly high number for them btw). Also some number might be wrong, I'm too lazy to check, but the players are there.

1. Ryoma
2. Sanada
3. Kintarou
4. Chitose
5. Tachibana
6. Akutsu (I don't think he'll give 2 craps about the team, so someone might take his spot)
7. Shiraishi
8. Kirihara
9. Atobe
10. Niou
11. Fuji
12. Kawamura
13. Kaidoh
14. Kite
15. Kikumaru
16. Oishi
17. Yanagi
18. Momoshiro
19. Kenya
20. Sengoku/Marui/Jirou

What I would want.

1. Sengoku
2. Sengoku
3. Sengoku
4. Sengoku
5. Sengoku
6. Sengoku
7. Sengoku
8. Sengoku
9. Sengoku
10. Sengoku
11. Sengoku
12. Sengoku
13. Sengoku
14. Sengoku
15. Sengoku
16. Sengoku
17. Sengoku
18. Sengoku
19. Sengoku
20. Sengoku

Subs: Kirihara, Jirou, Atobe, Kikumaru, and Sengoku

lol no.

1. Ryoma
2. Sanada
3. Kintarou
4. Atobe
5. Niou /
6. Kite
7. Shiraishi /
8. Kirihara
9. Tachibana /
10. Chitose
11. Fuji
12. Yanagi /
13. Inui
14. Kaidoh
15. Kikumaru /
16. Momoshiro (screw Oishi :arf )
17. Sengoku
18. Yuushi /
19. Kenya
20. Jirou
Also, now that there's a post questioning the MSers abilities, a 1st string that could do fairly well against them.

01. Ryoma (cause Ryoma)
02. Sanada
03. Atobe (uhm... yeah)
04. Kintarou (should go to 5, but we've already seen that match)
05. Yukimura
06. Kite (teleporting instead of diving like Akutsu did would had helped a lot)
07. Tachibana
08. Chitose (asuming they have Wild Synchro)
09. Inui
10. Yanagi (Data pair is stronk)
11. Akutsu (There's nothing to reflect)
12. Shiraishi (strong enough to return Gin's Hadous)
13. Kirihara (wildcard)
14. Fuji (CE counters 14's serve)
15. Kikumaru
16. Niou (it worked once so...)
17. Momoshiro (1 good BJK and it's over)
18. Marui
19. Kaidou (I didn't come up with anything better)
20. Yuushi (Akiba sucks)

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Hmm...
Ryoma can't beat Byoudouin, Sanada can't touch Tanegashima, Atobe can't touch Duke,
Kintaro VS Ryoga might be awesome if Kintaro can enter TnK on demand,
Yukimura can't beat Oni with his AnS, Kite can't beat Ohmagari with such inferior stats,
WoK with Synchro hangs in the balance but if Kimijima never went beyond 60% in his match then I worry even for WoK wild beast Synchro.
Data Pair can't beat Ochi/Mouri but would give an excellent match I hope.

Akutsu has worse stats than Fuwa, but... I guess this would be an extremely exciting match.
I don't know how Fuwa's "Mirror" would ruin Akutsu.

Shiraishi knows how to cancel Hadoukyuu's, but Date's Winter is superior to his Spring & Summer. And his Summer is ridiculous.
Whatever Kawamura hit to destroy the floodlight was not a 108thHadoukyuu with all that spin on it lol.
Kirihara? He would be way too inferior in this match.

Fuji's CE does counter Vanish. Fuji VS Hakamada is a good match.
Kikumaru/Niou pair? Why not. Niou can destroy almost any Synchro pair from within so if Kikumaru > Oishi, and Niou/Oishi > Mutsu/Mutsu, I guess that's a certain victory.
Momoshiro VS Mitsuya? I think it will take many BJK's but Momoshiro can probably beat Mitsuya.
Marui/Kaidoh > Taira/Hara? How will either of them hit back Bakyuun?

Yuushi VS Akiba? Akiba has better stats... Yushi is quite shaky for me.

Your list would get eaten up by the HSers though lmao.
(Nicest way possible bro)

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Well, I wanted to make it the most ¨equal¨ as possible, as if it really was a 1st string. Of course, I could just let Tanegashima, Byoudouin and Oni rape everyone (and let Sakata, Gakuto and... Horio in those places, lol) and use the better players to win more matches.

Tbh, I believe Ryoma has a chance (just because he's Ryoma though, not his current abilities). Also, Sanada / Kite is a pair. Sanada rapes Ohmagari like it happenned before. If Tanegashima hits a null ball, Kite can just teleport to it.

I needed someone good enough to beat Duke... why do you think that Atobe won't be enough? I mean, sure, the dude sent Gin flying, but it's not like we don't know that Technique can nullify a power difference. If he could outrally Ochi and Mouri having less stats than both of them (I know, it was just with synchro, but I doubt many players can actually do that) then he should have a shot, albeit minimal. Also, he was just behind Yukimura in my tier, lol. If you want it, have Atobe vs Ryoga and Kintarou vs Duke.

I don't see Executions nor Negotiations working against a pair in Synchro state, that's why I picked them. Also, I still doubt how good Kimijima really is. As for the other pair... we'll never see Data Pair again I guess so we'll never know how good they can actually be.

Leave Kirihara out, Gin's in then... I still dunno. It can be super one sided or close, depending on how well Shiraishi can play among power players.

Marui can use WC... if it worked against Tohno's shots (someone who is far superior than Taira / Hara -guys that got soloed by Momo- ) to the point that he had to injure him to stop Bunta, then I'm pretty sure it can work again. And Kaidou is in the back hitting combos, like a nerfed Kite/Marui (we discussed this pair before actually, lol).

Kirihara is free now, he'll take Akiba. I just need someone from the rest of the pool to take him (Jirou, Kabaji, Yuushi, Sengoku, Kirihara, Kenya, Hirakoba, Zaizen and Yagyuu... one of them should have a chance. I still prefer Kirihara over any of them though).

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Your list would get eaten up by the HSers though lmao.
(Nicest way possible bro)
Not nice enough :arf

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

I'd also like to discuss how good Bakyuun can be.

Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Not nice enough :arf
My apologies haha

Well, I wanted to make it the most ¨equal¨ as possible, as if it really was a 1st string. Of course, I could just let Tanegashima, Byoudouin and Oni rape everyone (and let Sakata, Gakuto and... Horio in those places, lol) and use the better players to win more matches.
Lol I get your point.

Tbh, I believe Ryoma has a chance (just because he's Ryoma though, not his current abilities). Also, Sanada / Kite is a pair. Sanada rapes Ohmagari like it happenned before. If Tanegashima hits a null ball, Kite can just teleport to it.
I've been thinking about this a lot. If Ohmagari is using his Nitoryuu insanity, can Sanada still defeat him, I couldn't really tell since Akutsu kept interrupting and hitting smashes that owned Ohmagari.[/QUOTE]
Duke has a 5 in Speed. No forget that. Duke has a minimum of 5 in every single stat.
Atobe isn't at that level yet outside of Plot-Armored Synchro boosts imho.
I mean, prior to Synchro, his rallying was maybe above Mouri/Ochi's by the tiniest margin, or their rallying abilities were all equal.

I needed someone good enough to beat Duke... why do you think that Atobe won't be enough? I mean, sure, the dude sent Gin flying, but it's not like we don't know that Technique can nullify a power difference. If he could outrally Ochi and Mouri having less stats than both of them (I know, it was just with synchro, but I doubt many players can actually do that) then he should have a shot, albeit minimal. Also, he was just behind Yukimura in my tier, lol. If you want it, have Atobe vs Ryoga and Kintarou vs Duke.
Atobe has better Technique than Duke but DH is absurd. With a 7 in Power, and that fact that all Power Players power shots tend to exceed the player's actual power stat, it doesn't look good for Atobe in the long run. I can't see Atobe tanking more than 1 DH's let alone 3 or 4.
I agree, I also have Yukimura and Atobe in the same place on the tier. But I see neither of them beating Duke in the long run.
A bunch of DH's? And the fact that Duke is somehow "Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger" literally, puts Yuki & Atobe in a bad position here. They can't win in the long run.

I don't see Executions nor Negotiations working against a pair in Synchro state, that's why I picked them. Also, I still doubt how good Kimijima really is. As for the other pair... we'll never see Data Pair again I guess so we'll never know how good they can actually be.
I get your point with the Synchro thing, however I can assure you that Kimijima's stats are real.
What confirmed it for us, is the fact that Kimijima confirmed he never went beyond 60% throughout the entire match, but whilst an Ohabu to the face sent Marui to the floor and Marui has a 2 in Power, Kimijima took the Ohabu to the face and didn't even flinch. Proving he has a 4 in Power.
Kimijima's rallying put Marui out of the game prior to WC. And Kimijima wasn't even at 60%. His stats are real.

But I totally agree that WoK Synchro should eliminate Negotiations & Executions. I think Tohno/Kimijima's higher stamina will be something that may save them here.

Marui can use WC... if it worked against Tohno's shots (someone who is far superior than Taira / Hara -guys that got soloed by Momo- ) to the point that he had to injure him to stop Bunta, then I'm pretty sure it can work again. And Kaidou is in the back hitting combos, like a nerfed Kite/Marui (we discussed this pair before actually, lol).
I literally forgot about WC & Laser combo.
You had a good pair here. Marui/Kaido ftw overall.
But Bakyuun will have them shitting bricks imho.

I reckon Bakyuun will put holes through Marui's racket. Not so sure about Gyro Laser though.
Aren't Bakyuun and Gyro Laser hit in a similar fashion? Bakyuun gave me the impression it has some kind of gyro spin.

Kirihara is free now, he'll take Akiba. I just need someone from the rest of the pool to take him (Jirou, Kabaji, Yuushi, Sengoku, Kirihara, Kenya, Hirakoba, Zaizen and Yagyuu... one of them should have a chance. I still prefer Kirihara over any of them though).
I'd prefer Yushi/Yagyuu/Kenya here over Kirihara. Since Kirihara stopped using DM, and he can't use AM outside of pairing with Shiraishi, he's now reverted back to Regionals!Kirihara (w/out Muga lol).

I'd also like to discuss how good Bakyuun can be.
Personally, I believe it can put holes through most players rackets. I can't really tell what the threshold is though. I don't know what the limit is for when it can't put a hole through your racket.
That's my problem. Kenya has a 4 in Tech, but so does Ochi. I don't see Ochi being owned by Bakyuun...
It's hard to say for me.

ShiroSakigami

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
No. 1 - Yukimura Seiichi
No. 2 - Echizen Ryoma
No. 3 - Echizen Ryoga
No. 4 - Houou Byoudouin
No. 5 - Jujiroh Oni
No. 6 - Tanegashima Shuji
No. 7 - Duke Watanabe
No. 8 - Ryuuji Oumagari
No. 9 - Ikuto Kimijima
No. 10 - Shuusuke Fuji
No. 11 - Keigo Atobe
No. 12 - Kuranosuke Shiraishi
No. 13 - Genichirou Sanada
No. 14 - Masaharu Niou
No. 15 - Yanagi Renji
No. 16 - Kintarou Touyama
No. 17 - Kanata Irie
No. 18 - Kawamura Takashi
No. 19 - Momoshiro Takeshi
No. 20 - Kirihara Akaya

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Man, MH has a too many Brazilians :/

Lol, welcome Shiro, nice 1st String. Just asking, is Tohno dead for you and Duke/Ohmagari and Fuji/Kimijima are pairs?

I guess that, considering these last 2 chapters, we should do top 14s now instead of top 20s. I think I'll post one soon.

Philia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I'm gonna do a top14 separately for HSers & MSers.
MSers:
No. 1 Yukimura
No. 2 Atobe
No. 3 Kintaro
No. 4 Sanada
No. 5 Akutsu / No. 6 Kawamura
No. 7 Sengoku / No. 8 Mizuki
No. 9 Nioui / No. 10 Kite
No. 11 Fuji
No. 12 Krauser / No. 13 Kirihara
No. 14 Shiraishi
HSers:
No. 1 Tokugawa
No. 2 Irie
No. 3 Byodoin
No. 4 Oni
No. 5 Mouri / No. 6 Duke
No. 7 Kimijima / No. 8 Kaji
No. 9 Tonho / No. 10 Fuwa
No. 11 Tanegashima
No. 12 Hakamada / No. 13 Nakagauchi
No. 14 Ochi

Last edited:

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
^ Akutsu and Kawamura would probably make a good doubles pair. Niou and Kite pair is unexpected. Sengoku and Mizuki don't exist anymore. Nice, no Ryoma/Ryoga XD

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
No. 12 Krauser / No. 13 Kirihara
No. 14 Shiraishi
There are people here who wanna see Shiraishi/Kirihara again.
I'm surprised you've made the bold move to pair Krauser and Kirihara after their violent and bloody encounter.

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
There are people here who wanna see Shiraishi/Kirihara again.
I'm surprised you've made the bold move to pair Krauser and Kirihara after their violent and bloody encounter.
Kirihara/Krauser pair would be a fun to watch. Who wouldn't like to see a bloodbath?
Shiraishi is better off playing singles.

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

^ Akutsu and Kawamura would probably make a good doubles pair. Niou and Kite pair is unexpected. Sengoku and Mizuki don't exist anymore. Nice, no Ryoma/Ryoga XD
Ryoma/Ryoga are in USA. I did it with current U-17 camp players.

Mizuki is the data player. Sengoku is one to cheer the team up. Good for team's morale. A balanced team need to have 1-2 weaker players.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm sure Inui and Yanagi have better chances than Mizuki really when it comes to data tennis.

Konomi doesn't know what to do with Sengoku anymore. It makes me laugh how so many people have high hopes for Sengoku.

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
I'm sure Inui and Yanagi have better chances than Mizuki really when it comes to data tennis.

Konomi doesn't know what to do with Sengoku anymore. It makes me laugh how so many people have high hopes for Sengoku.
Nah. Mizuki needs to be in it. I'm not sure what I have in defense of Mizuki. But he might be a better strategist than Inui & Yanagi. Mizuki could predict opponents line-up easily. Also he seems to be more witty than those 2.

And Sengoku has the potential next to none.