Discussion - Your most hated characters | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Your most hated characters

Who's your most hatred character ?

• Total voters

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Yeah Irene is severely overrated, her fans have lied to themselves that she's something special or that mashima-sensei has placed her in this high pedestal that no other character is on.
Eileen ain't shit, that's why she's dead and selene is alive.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yoh, why the fuck is Kyria hated? Y'all are just tripping I swear

Steven

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Erza and Selene no doubt

WoWfan

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Yeah, how Selene just keeps changing her position every now and then, though her only redeeming quality is making Diabolos her b****es.

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany
To add stuff here:

With the Sister fight it went even worse.The whole "As long as i have friend i dont care what happens with the world".I can understand it in the eyes of a normal person but Erza IS fighting active to save the "world".

It does not make much sense.If she does not care about the world and just about her friend,why even starting the 100YQ?Just stay in the guild and have fun/go to normal missions.Its not like that the DGs did something on the grand scale for the past 400 years.

Merc is not evil
Aldoron was sleeping
Selene was not even on earthland
Viernes dont even has a body
Dogramag was dead
Ignia somehow destroyed countrys yet nobody said a word about it

Dont get me wrong,this 5 bzw 6 Dragons were made for the sequel and didnt even "exist" in the OG Manga but it dont matter from what angle i look,Erzas sentence makes no sense

sree

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
To add stuff here:

With the Sister fight it went even worse.The whole "As long as i have friend i dont care what happens with the world".I can understand it in the eyes of a normal person but Erza IS fighting active to save the "world".

It does not make much sense.If she does not care about the world and just about her friend,why even starting the 100YQ?Just stay in the guild and have fun/go to normal missions.Its not like that the DGs did something on the grand scale for the past 400 years.

Merc is not evil
Aldoron was sleeping
Dogramag was dead

Dont get me wrong,this 5 bzw 6 Dragons were made for the sequel and didnt even "exist" in the OG Manga but it dont matter from what angle i look,Erzas sentence makes no sense
Probably they took the quest for glory to guild and not to save the world. But yeah Erza speech never makes sense.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
To add stuff here:

Merc is not evil
Aldoron was sleeping
Dogramag was dead

I would honestly say it is not for the sake of the world but to simply go on an adventure for fun and all that.

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany
for fun and all that.
Fighting against 5 enemys almost on Acnologia level is fun?Ok lol

The quest itself makes no sense.Sure,Gildarts did the quest and got almost killed by Acnologia BUT if Acnologia was here,why didnt HE killed the DGs when the quest is well known?He already fought Aldoron and you wanna tell me someone like Acno cant find a giant ass dragon like Aldo again?Lol

If you look on the whole picture,you can hardly take the plot around the quest serious.I don't think i need to say how many DS came out of nowhere.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

The quest itself makes no sense.Sure,Gildarts did the quest and got almost killed by Acnologia BUT if Acnologia was here,why didnt HE killed the DGs when the quest is well known?He already fought Aldoron and you wanna tell me someone like Acno cant find a giant ass dragon like Aldo?Lol

If you look on the whole picture,you can hardly take the plot around the quest serious.I don't think i need to say how many DS came out of nowhere.
Natsu likes to fight, Gray doesn’t want to have Natsu show him up, Erza keeps them in line for their behavior and Lucy and Wendy are just dragged along for the ride. Sounds like a buddy road trip themselves. Gildarts even warned them ahead of time but still went for it. lol they just want adventure! Not saying it makes sense, but knowing Gildarts, maybe he got lost and just ran into Acno by chance.

Me neither, DE are unnecessary.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
@VG1989 you hate Wendy? That's news to me lol.

aymen24

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
The quest itself makes no sense.Sure,Gildarts did the quest and got almost killed by Acnologia BUT if Acnologia was here,

Gildarts found Acno in the zonia, I'm still waiting for the writer's excuses about this, Gildarts says it's the job place (Unless Acno was part of the mission at the time)..........and he says he failed in his mission because of this...anyway the manga was in its beginnings and this is definitely a plot hole....

Gildarts profile.......

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States

Gildarts found Acno in the zonia, I'm still waiting for the writer's excuses about this, Gildarts says it's the job place (Unless Acno was part of the mission at the time)..........and he says he failed in his mission because of this...anyway the manga was in its beginnings and this is definitely a plot hole....
it’s possible that Hiro hadn’t thought of the details of the quest until much later.

Last edited:

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
@VG1989 you hate Wendy? That's news to me lol.
I was among first who hated her ask @grey matter if you think I'm lying. She replaced Juvia on team Natsu, She broke "no kids" thing I really liked (Everyone being young adults), She is one walking deuse ex machina, annoying personality that flipflops between "Geniues" and "Child" (Hiro can't write child geniouse), and that's all before Irene showed up, So not because of that fight (That fight highlighted and reviled it to others who did not see it before).
Irene was one thing that made her slightly better in 100 year quest, Hiro saw that "Now we can't have that" and got rid of her. And She is plotlless deus ex machina with occasional tiny/flat chest joke thrown at her again. Great "Pretty Cute Warrior" Hiro envisioned.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I hate Erza now. She has the worst fanbase I've seen in fiction and she gets treated like a goddess by the author and the fanbase the last time I've seen something like this is from sukuna and gojo. Hell Erza's nakama power is much higher than natsu's nakama power...... natsu actually gets owned many times even with his nakama power. Tbh mashima should just seal the deal and tell us that she's the strongest character in this manga. I didn't want to write something long cuz I'm quite busy so I'm going to leave at this point.

So my new lists of hated characters is
Selene
Wendy
Kagura
Simon
Milliana
Erza
Brandish
Dimaria

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan

The quest itself makes no sense.Sure,Gildarts did the quest and got almost killed by Acnologia BUT if Acnologia was here,why didnt HE killed the DGs when the quest is well known?He already fought Aldoron and you wanna tell me someone like Acno cant find a giant ass dragon like Aldo again?Lol

Picked it back up, I stopped at ch.33….The damn story goes on for another 120+ chapters…If I wasn’t bored and tired of rereading older manga. I wouldn’t bother.

Im sure I’m about to read some goofy ass ish

Fairies Flame

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Don’t really hate any characters just what Hiro does with them
That is actually the best way to put it. For me, I hate the characters that are actual douchebags like Jiemma Orland, Ivan Dreyar or Jose Porla. Or sneaky characters like Obra (the one that attacked Wendy and cancelled Lucy's spell the last second).

I share this opinion, I don't hate anyone either, what if I don't like how Hiro leads some characters.

Regarding Natsu, I have always thought that Mashima can give Natsu much more and give him very good moments, for example: Natsu in berserker mode for eating Ignia's fire, Beta Heaven, using Zeref to defeat the God Seed Wolfen and some other situations shown in the original series and in this sequel are proof that Mashima can carry the character much better.

After these situations, it seems that Mashima (with the complicity of Ueda) only uses the character for fights (which are the moments when they give him the most seriousness and he is best treated), to be mocked by exaggerating him with comedy and ignorance (I know that his personality is very cheerful and he is charismatic but it is exaggerated with this situation) and also only for marketing with the theme of the NaLu couple (which is my favorite couple) so I think that these are some of the reasons why the character has several detracting fans and gets hate too.

He is my favorite character, that's why I know that Natsu has a lot of plot that can be exploited in the rest of the series (Ignia, who is one of the objectives to defeat, the return of E.N.D., another Beta Heaven type scene), is what I humbly think, the problem lies in how Mashima can carry it out, especially for when the time comes to face Ignia (which by the way I would like it to be just Natsu vs. Ignia for the whole background of the situation).
Nice! When I first watched Fairy Tail, I thought that I like Natsu because he is a fire user. But being caught up with it for years, I like the combination between his reckless attitude and his correct view of people and his own goals. Because of that, seeing him fight is actually the most exciting for me because he does make the most surprising moments. Like having to used Aldoron's power to make Zeref, showed how strong he was against Aldoron in Dragon Force and how he can use Lightning by itself.