Semifinal - Zeref vs Gildarts vs Irene | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Zeref vs Gildarts vs Irene

Who wins?

• Zeref Dragneel

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • Gildarts Clive

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Irene Belserion

Votes: 48 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Even with Zeref restrictions he still take this.

That's how i see it.

Zeref
Irene
Gildarts.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
If that's so then the rules are completely biased against Irene. That's like claiming that Natsu may use Dragon Slayer Magic but Laxus may not.
shouldn't be bother with it tbh.

even if he can he cannot beat her with that because she can immediately go dragon if she wishes.

so yeah, she wins.

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I agree, but they took zerefs immortality in turn and his time magic.
Yes, but that still shouldn't be a factor in not limiting him. It's just unfair. Give him FH instead or something.

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Both Gildarts and Zeref has better feats than Irene...

first off all Zeref and Gildarts can casually one-shot Wendy and Erza... what feats Irene has?? :derp:derp

Gildarts crash magic is stronger Erza magic imbued sword....

Zeref magic is stronger than Wendy Dragon Saying magic...

but ultimately Gildarts crash magic shatters both Zeref and Irene into little pieces all hail Ned Stark...

Am Shegar

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
They are almost same in terms of power. I voted Zeref but in fact its like 40/30/30 in Zerefs favor. So close.

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I completely forgot that Zeref could undo Irene's transformation. This changes my mind. I change my vote to Zeref then. If Irene can't remain as a dragon, she will be considerably weaker than Zeref, Normally I would vote for Irene because of her Dragon Form, but since Zeref can disable it...
Zeref wins.
Honestly though, it could go both ways. Maybe Irene is more versed in enchantment by now, and can actually enchant herself back. It really depends on how you look at it. I vote for Zeref though...
#VoteForZeref

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Easy win for Eileen here. Even if you remove the restrictions on Zeref, Eileen dominates him so utterly that his ability to regenerate would be useless. She could just tear him apart and scatter his corpse.
Gildarts dies too

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Easy win for Eileen here. Even if you remove the restrictions on Zeref, Eileen dominates him so utterly that his ability to regenerate would be useless. She could just tear him apart and scatter his corpse.
Gildarts dies too
show me panel where irene is actually dominating someone Gildarts or Human/Acnologia caliber

Zeref---->Human Acnologia

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
show me panel where irene is actually dominating someone Gildarts or Human/Acnologia caliber

Zeref---->Human Acnologia
Human Acnologia>FH Zeref>Zeref.
I didnt say Eileen dominates Gildarts.

After Eileen does this maybe three or four times, she picks up Zeref and starts tearing of his arms and legs and throwing them away, Since immobilization counts as victory Eileen wins.

inactive lurker account

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I'll probably be voting for Zeref just to increase the chances of Zeref and Irene being in a tie, and making the finals a triple threat one

But yeah, Irene has the best chances of winning given the restrictions on Zeref. Still, depending on whether Zeref and Gildarts can temporarily team up they can at least corner Irene

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Of the three, I believe Zeref would come out on top. Gildarts is probably the first one to go, but by no means is he a fodder.

The biggest obstacle for Zeref in this match is Irene's Dragon Form. In my opinion, he should be able to defend himself against Irene's roar considering FT did the same against Atlas Flame.

Even if you were to argue Irene's roar is stronger, Zeref can always use his shield like he did against Natsu's roar, whose fire is comparable to Igneel's with the exception that his AoE is much smaller.

As for Irene's claw swipe, Erza was still able to move despite getting hit. I don't see why Zeref wouldn't be able to perform the same feat, considering his durability is far greater than Erza's.

Now, I do acknowledge that Irene's durability in her dragon form is almost unsurpassable. Having said that, the second obstacle is to revert her. Unlike the past few matches, Zeref doesn't need to use the conventional way which is having DS magic with an attack power on Erza's level. He specializes in enchantments and is therefore, a hard counter against her (just like Wendy). Irene even admits that despite her capabilities, Zeref is an "unparalleled genius".

He could definitely use this to his advantage.

Finally, the last obstacle is to defeat Irene in her human form. Again, unlike the past few competitors, Zeref's attack power is much higher. He has the ability to put a hole through Larcade who's durability is much like Irene herself.

And if that doesn't work, then "Exploding Flame Blade of Darkness" should do some heavy damage. Logically, attacks like these should knock her out, considering she was heavily damaged by Wendy and Erza's attack:

Feel free to disagree. But Zeref's versatility puts him on a whole different level compared to Irene. There is a reason why he was shown to have feats of extracting FH faster than Irene herself. Irene's AoE spells might have helped her early on, but not in the semifinals. She doesn't get past her boss.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Of the three, I believe Zeref would come out on top. Gildarts is probably the first one to go, but by no means is he a fodder.

The biggest obstacle for Zeref in this match is Irene's Dragon Form. In my opinion, he should be able to defend himself against Irene's roar considering FT did the same against Atlas Flame.

Even if you were to argue Irene's roar is stronger, Zeref can always use his shield like he did against Natsu's roar, whose fire is comparable to Igneel's with the exception that his AoE is much smaller.

As for Irene's claw swipe, Erza was still able to move despite getting hit. I don't see why Zeref wouldn't be able to perform the same feat, considering his durability is far greater than Erza's.

Now, I do acknowledge that Irene's durability in her dragon form is almost unsurpassable. Having said that, the second obstacle is to revert her. Unlike the past few matches, Zeref doesn't need to use the conventional way which is having DS magic with an attack power on Erza's level. He specializes in enchantments and is therefore, a hard counter against her (just like Wendy). Irene even admits that despite her capabilities, Zeref is an "unparalleled genius".

Finally, the last obstacle is to defeat Irene in her human form. Again, unlike the past few competitors, Zeref's attack power is much higher. He has the ability to put a hole through Larcade who's durability is much like Irene herself.

And if that doesn't work, then "Exploding Flame Blade of Darkness" should do some heavy damage. Logically, attacks like these should knock her out, considering she was heavily damaged by Wendy and Erza's attack:

Feel free to disagree. But Zeref's versatility puts him on a whole different level compared to Irene. There is a reason why he was shown to have feats of extracting FH faster than Irene herself. Irene's AoE spells might have helped her early on, but not in the semifinals. She doesn't get past her boss.
I'd say "Heavily Damage" is a big over stretch. As seen in her Dragon Form she was unharmed by those attacks.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Eileen doesnt have to oneshot Zeref, she can hit him with several claw swipes. It was an incredibly casual attack.
Eileen wanted Zeref to turn her human, no different from Brandish healing August.
Even if he could force Eileen into human form, she could just change back.
Zeref's attack power is abysmal, Zeref sucker punched Larcade, on top of that Larcade was already trashed at the time, going from physically strong enough to block a mountain cutting sword strike, to physically weak enough to be unable to support enough of his own weight to walk.
Human Eileen tanked an enchanted Erza sword slice to the head without flinching, Zeref's blasts arent even close to enough to put her down.
Zeref isnt particularily versatile, not in battle anyway. Eileen has him beat in this category too.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Eileen doesnt have to oneshot Zeref, she can hit him with several claw swipes. It was an incredibly casual attack.
Eileen wanted Zeref to turn her human, no different from Brandish healing August.
Even if he could force Eileen into human form, she could just change back.
Zeref's attack power is abysmal, Zeref sucker punched Larcade, on top of that Larcade was already trashed at the time, going from physically strong enough to block a mountain cutting sword strike, to physically weak enough to be unable to support enough of his own weight to walk.
Human Eileen tanked an enchanted Erza sword slice to the head without flinching, Zeref's blasts arent even close to enough to put her down.
Zeref isnt particularily versatile, not in battle anyway. Eileen has him beat in this category too.
Your point on Irene allowing Zeref to change her back,how does that work exactly? Irene herself had turned into a Dragon completely and even secluded herself from humanity,does that really make sense doing all that if she could always just go back to normal anytime she wished?
She herself admitted that she was unable to change back until Zeref met her :notrust
"Wanted Zeref to turn her back' kind of makes the whole dragon deal melodramatic

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Irene. She's the strongest (August level) and even though Zeref is immortal, he doesn't have the MP Irene has.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Human Acnologia>FH Zeref>Zeref.
I didnt say Eileen dominates Gildarts.

After Eileen does this maybe three or four times, she picks up Zeref and starts tearing of his arms and legs and throwing them away, Since immobilization counts as victory Eileen wins.
ANd why can't Zeref change her back into human, again?????

I'd give this to Zeref, but fuck Zeref. I'm going for Gildarts.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd say "Heavily Damage" is a big over stretch. As seen in her Dragon Form she was unharmed by those attacks.
Yeah, I don't think Zeref can damage Irene in her dragon form. But he should be able to when she is in her human form. And to change her physique, all it takes is a simple spell.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't think Zeref can damage Irene in her dragon form. But he should be able to when she is in her human form. And to change her physique, all it takes is a simple spell.
Oh, I see what you're saying. I think he can hurt her as well in her human form, but I think she can just change to her Dragon form so him changing her back would just stall the inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.