Canon - Zoro vs Drake and Apoo | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Canon Zoro vs Drake and Apoo

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
What? He legit jumped.

But Luffy needed the help, that's the point.

Zoro has dodged and deflected attacks on his own too.

Nope, this scan proves you wrong:

> Only one man has ever tamed Enma
> A Normal swordsman would be mere husk right now.
Again near to ground and jump not even that high compare to different characters on their jumps.

Luffy dodges his club though and shown he has speed to move around. Zoro doesn't have that otherwise he wouldn't ask Law to get him up in the air to try to attack.

It didn't stated many tried and couldn't work for them. At least not notable characters we know who tried. Not enough evidence. Scabbards can wield that and refuse to because of Oden's respect, not because they don't have power for it.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Again near to ground and jump not even that high compare to different characters on their jumps.
It was high, look at the scan.

Luffy dodges his club though and shown he has speed to move around. Zoro doesn't have that otherwise he wouldn't ask Law to get him up in the air to try to attack.
Like I said, Zoro has dodged and deflected Kaido/BM's attacks on his own.

It didn't stated many tried and couldn't work for them. At least not notable characters we know who tried. Not enough evidence. Scabbards can wield that and refuse to because of Oden's respect, not because they don't have power for it.
That is pure headcanon. It legit says, only one man has been able to, you can see the fear on Kin'emons face and see Zoro struggling to wield it. Now show proof of your words because as it stands, Zoro wields Enma using his powers.

And yes, it states that not anyone can. That's what "A normal swordsman would be mere husk" means.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
It was high, look at the scan.

Like I said, Zoro has dodged and deflected Kaido/BM's attacks on his own.

That is pure headcanon. It legit says, only one man has been able to, you can see the fear on Kin'emons face and see Zoro struggling to wield it. Now show proof of your words because as it stands, Zoro wields Enma using his powers.

And yes, it states that not anyone can. That's what "A normal swordsman would be mere husk" means.
Not really. Hard to tell from angle, but he was close to the ground, not in same level of the sky he was prior when Zoro ask for Law's help.

Attacks that were incoming to him and Full Zoan Kaido and rest was when he cut them for Luffy, not face to face. Try same degree of Kaido blitzing Luffy, then we can talk on his speed, but none of those attacks were on that level and clear they are holding back those compare what he tried to do on Luffy.

Nah, pure canon. They refuse because of respect, not for lack of power. Are you clearly saying if we have Yonkos, Admirals, YCs, etc.. They can't wield Enma? That is illogical and biased if your stating that too. Zoro can wield it, but he isn't only one nor take away it is magical sword more than on skill.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Not really. Hard to tell from angle, but he was close to the ground, not in same level of the sky he was prior when Zoro ask for Law's help.
Just look at the scan.

Attacks that were incoming to him and Full Zoan Kaido and rest was when he cut them for Luffy, not face to face. Try same degree of Kaido blitzing Luffy, then we can talk on his speed, but none of those attacks were on that level and clear they are holding back those compare what he tried to do on Luffy.
Ok let's see, Zoro is fast enough to intercept BM's fire attack.

Zoro casually cuts Dragon Kaido's attack:

Was fast enough to distract Kaido from attacking Luffy and scared Big Mom given her facial expressions.

Is fast enough to dodge BM's attack while holding Luffy

Twice, and this time from Kaido.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just look at the scan.

Ok let's see, Zoro is fast enough to intercept BM's fire attack.

Zoro casually cuts Dragon Kaido's attack:

Was fast enough to distract Kaido from attacking Luffy and scared Big Mom given her facial expressions.

Is fast enough to dodge BM's attack while holding Luffy

Twice, and this time from Kaido.
Not much speed when your close by like that when those happen. None are speed feats and again your provind my point him striking when Yonkos are not facing him and helping Luffy being support. Just saying, no shame in that.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Not much speed when your close by like that when those happen. None are speed feats and again your provind my point him striking when Yonkos are not facing him and helping Luffy being support. Just saying, no shame in that.
No I'm not, he clearly is blitzing considering you can't see him in the previous panels but all of a sudden he's in the air out of nowhere. Kaido legit asks "What's that?!" meaning Zoro wasn't nearby.

If Luffy needs support at that one time, that means Zoro > Luffy considering Luffy can't do anything on his own.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Nah, pure canon. They refuse because of respect, not for lack of power. Are you clearly saying if we have Yonkos, Admirals, YCs, etc.. They can't wield Enma? That is illogical and biased if your stating that too. Zoro can wield it, but he isn't only one nor take away it is magical sword more than on skill.
How is it headcanon, I showed you the scan. No, I don't think King, Katakuri, Kaido, or anyone of that sort can wield it. Kaido legit has PTSD because of it. Maybe Mihawk because he's the WSS but he's irrelevant.

It's literally stated that a normal swordsman would turn into husk which is the outer coating of a seed like corn or a coconut husk. That legit means that if you're not worthy, you will shrivel up and die.

I showed scans and backed up my words, can you do the same and show me it's out of respect?

Also, this scan debunks the respect thing too:

"Only one man before or after was able to tame it." That means before Oden and after Oden, no one was able to. If anyone can tame it, why couldn't they before Oden. They obviously don't have respect for him considering they came before him.

This scan too, it talks about how Enma releases the wielders Ryou (aka haki) meaning that it's hardness and ability to cut is dependent on the wielder....which is Zoro.

See how Kawamatsu is shocked? That's not out of respect for Oden or Zoro as a person, he's starstruck at his power.

When talking about cursed blades....."The weak cannot control it."

Are you still going to deny everything?

Last edited:

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
No I'm not, he clearly is blitzing considering you can't see him in the previous panels but all of a sudden he's in the air out of nowhere. Kaido legit asks "What's that?!" meaning Zoro wasn't nearby.

If Luffy needs support at that one time, that means Zoro > Luffy considering Luffy can't do anything on his own.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

How is it headcanon, I showed you the scan. No, I don't think King, Katakuri, Kaido, or anyone of that sort can wield it. Kaido legit has PTSD because of it. Maybe Mihawk because he's the WSS but he's irrelevant.

It's literally stated that a normal swordsman would turn into husk which is the outer coating of a seed like corn or a coconut husk. That legit means that if you're not worthy, you will shrivel up and die.

I showed scans and backed up my words, can you do the same and show me it's out of respect?

Also, this scan debunks the respect thing too:

"Only one man before or after was able to tame it." That means before Oden and after Oden, no one was able to. If anyone can tame it, why couldn't they before Oden. They obviously don't have respect for him considering they came before him.

This scan too, it talks about how Enma releases the wielders Ryou (aka haki) meaning that it's hardness and ability to cut is dependent on the wielder....which is Zoro.

See how Kawamatsu is shocked? That's not out of respect for Oden or Zoro as a person, he's starstruck at his power.

When talking about cursed blades....."The weak cannot control it."

Are you still going to deny everything?
Nah, he was stating 'What's that' on the sword as you see it glow because of it's own ability, not because he blitz him. He took advantage while he was on Luffy side and attack, not face to face fight at all.

When he figthing, not really, but time-limit of course he will need time to rest, but doesn't mean Zoro is stronger or anyone else as that is kinda illogical statement there. Just because your resting, doesn't mean someone is stronger than you especially your dealing with side effects on stuff.

Anyone could hold it. Are you joking? It's all about Haki they need and those you mention have Haki to wield it, not just Zoro and Mihawk isn't only one either.

No one touched the swords from how it is stated especially Oden had them since he was a child, so meaning they kept it safe and no one try to attempt which make sense given their respect for Oden. Not because they unable to handle it. That is clearly biased to state only Zoro and Mihawk are only ones to handle it. Not factual at all.

If your calling Yonkos, Admirals, YCs, etc. are 'weak' and won't be able to handle the sword, I think your losing credibility on your side.

Last edited by a moderator:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Either discuss the match up or find another thread to discuss your current topic. Further off topic posts will be deleted as you're making no effort to even have a relatable discussion.

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
See I was trying to be humble. Zoro is pulling a win high diff. Only because SN captains aren’t light work. But Zoro is a heavyweight and well above both of them.

Same way Apoo was able to fight 2 v 1; Zoro would do a much better job at that. Zoro has the offensive power and skill to drop both combatants. & if he momentarily disposed of one he still wins because they can’t take him 1 v 1

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
See I was trying to be humble. Zoro is pulling a win high diff. Only because SN captains aren’t light work. But Zoro is a heavyweight and well above both of them.

Same way Apoo was able to fight 2 v 1; Zoro would do a much better job at that. Zoro has the offensive power and skill to drop both combatants. & if he momentarily disposed of one he still wins because they can’t take him 1 v 1
I wouldn't say that. Zoro can't cut or stop sound. Apoo is too much for him otherwise he would have solo him and not team with Drake. If Drake is one holding him now, then Apoo got free shot to harm Zoro all he wants before he soon go down.

We can debate on 1 on 1 who wins, but 2 vs 1 already shown this arc he can't handle multiple opponents.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
zoro just injured hybrid kaido. Zoro wins this fight
Yup. Zoro’s attack power is too high. Apoo is the weak link, he doesn’t have enough defense to help XDrake as a duo.

@King Moe at this point zoro wins unless apoo and drake does some crazy stuff later on which I doubt
Zoro wins. He drops either of them.....More than likely Appo; With his overbearing offensive sword techniques. XDrake falls shortly after

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
@King Moe at this point zoro wins unless apoo and drake does some crazy stuff later on which I doubt
We haven't seen them use full power, so possible. I can see him beating Drake in 1 on 1, but Apoo still harmful to him and 2 vs 1, Zoro still loses given more attacks coming at him at once. He can't block sound, so that can be most damaging point.
Yup. Zoro’s attack power is too high. Apoo is the weak link, he doesn’t have enough defense to help XDrake as a duo.

Zoro wins. He drops either of them.....More than likely Appo; With his overbearing offensive sword techniques. XDrake falls shortly after
Nah, Apoo tanked Shison son. One of his best attacks. Plus we can't ignore reason why Zoro couldn't face him 1 on 1 early. He has no counters to sound and Hybrid Drake can hold him off before Zoro get defeated given too much on him to fight them at once. Especially we haven't seen full power of eother yet.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
We haven't seen them use full power, so possible. I can see him beating Drake in 1 on 1, but Apoo still harmful to him and 2 vs 1, Zoro still loses given more attacks coming at him at once. He can't block sound, so that can be most damaging point.

Nah, Apoo tanked Shison son. One of his best attacks. Plus we can't ignore reason why Zoro couldn't face him 1 on 1 early. He has no counters to sound and Hybrid Drake can hold him off before Zoro get defeated given too much on him to fight them at once. Especially we haven't seen full power of eother yet.
apoo has been a one trick pony since he likes to run when attacking and i feel like once its figure out how do stop his attack he done for but shall see but as for drake we shall see but unless he fights a YC i dont think he might last that long just get mid diff by zoro

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
apoo has been a one trick pony since he likes to run when attacking and i feel like once its figure out how do stop his attack he done for but shall see but as for drake we shall see but unless he fights a YC i dont think he might last that long just get mid diff by zoro
Not really, he is diverse. He can use DF, have Haki, can dodge and tank, etc.. Apoo prove this arc he is among Top 5 this arc. I used to think of him as in the middle, but what he is showing and still fighting after 2 vs 1 fight and tanking Shison son, Apoo would fight harder than anyone realize on. Supernova Captains shouldn't be underestimated.

I can get what you mean if this was more 1 on 1 fight, but Zoro has history of having trouble facing multiple opponents. If Drake is attacking him head-on, that gives Apoo free time to attack Zoro with all his attacks and he hasn't shown his full abilities or using Haki with his sound. Same can be said with Drake too. I feel it shown these 2 are YC lvl given their performance. Not saying Zoro can't beat them in 1 on 1 as he can (still debatable on Apoo though), but 2 vs 1 especially given abilities will still be trouble for him in the fight.

afromarco005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Your downplaying makes no sense now, unless you are underestimating Kaido and Big mom of course.

Zoro beats both of them(drake and check yer route). Without ashura.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Your downplaying makes no sense now, unless you are underestimating Kaido and Big mom of course.

Zoro beats both of them(drake and check yer route). Without ashura.
Did Zoro beat Big Mom and Kaido? No. What proof he can win in 2 vs 1 if he didn't beat 2 vs 1 with Kamazou and Gyukimaro and almost die from attack that he need to be saved by Law by 2 Yonkos who wasn't even going all out.

If you mean 1 on 1, I can agree (Though still debating on Apoo), but 2 vs 1 especially his history with facing more opponents at once haven't shown to his side this arc. Hybrid Drake can hold him off while Apoo can just play a parade of music to damage him back and forth combine with Drake's attacks. Asura or not, he won't even have time to use it if he is being attack by many angles. Why you think he couldn't beat Kamazou and Gyukimaro early if he can still use it?

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
After seeing Marco fight King & Queen for quite a few chapters; & Sanji very briefly off screen fought King & Queen….Can Zoro fight these 2 and win?

I still vote yes with even more proof and evidence.