Info - Official Fanbook Volume 10.5 | Page 24 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info Official Fanbook Volume 10.5

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Note: the number reflects the strength. When challenging for a match, the decision must take in to account the person's number.

Well, that's a shame.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think Ban being stronger than Hakamada is plausible if you look at their profiles. As far as the match flow is concerned they're basically opposites with Hakamada wasting stamina quickly and Ban having lots of it but being a bit slow at the start. Vanish isn't going to seriously hurt Ban even if he gets hit. So I feel the match would be in Hakamada's favour in the beginning, but could shift back to Ban in the second half of the match when Hakamada starts running out of steam.

Awennor

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
"About the first court, it says "there is a player there that is stronger than the first string?!" alongside Tokugawa's picture."

In case I didn't make it clear enough, the text is like a subtitle of Tokugawa's picture.

EDIT: Went to take a second look, no it's not, sorry. But it's on the same frame as the picture.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
It's probably talking about Tokugawa, which make sense. Tokugawa is stronger than majority, if not all, 1st stringer.

I still think 1st stringer are stronger than the 2nd stringer. If you look at those facts and see how stats is not relevant for some players it make a lot of sense.

@Kaoz, is the name on this page the 1st stringer?

http://2.p.mpcdn.net/21894/374395/10.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

If possible, can you translate Nakugauchi data? He's the only HS representative who got chosen that data hasn't been translated yet.

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
If possible, can you translate Nakugauchi data? He's the only HS representative who got chosen that data hasn't been translated yet.
I kinda know some of it. For Speed it says that he focused too much on training his Stamina and also that he's bad against fast opponents. For Technique, he can hit 300 shots continuously to the left and right corners.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
7 1st court
1 former 2nd court
8 former third court
1 former 5th court
2 4th court
1 MS

So.. it seem like this is the challenge line-up?

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

http://2.p.mpcdn.net/21894/374399/6.jpg

Also, is this shot ever name? Kabaji copy it so it seems to not just be a normal backhand?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
7 1st court
1 former 2nd court
8 former third court
1 former 5th court
2 4th court
1 MS

So.. it seem like this is the challenge line-up?
I'm not sure on the number of 1st court players in the line-up being 7. One of the names in the upper half is from 4th court's doubles 1, but I doubt any of 17-19 are from 1st court. Also, just a technicality, but Migihashi is still 2nd court and not former 2nd court. Overall it's like this:

1. Tokugawa (1st Court)
2. Oni (3rd Court)
3. Irie (5th Court)
4. Kishimoto (1st Court?)
5. Handa (name was mistranslated in the chapter, 4th Court?)
6. Taniyoshi (1st Court?)
7. Ishimaru (1st Court?)
8. Nakagauchi (5th Court)
9. Sekine (1st Court?)
10. Yamato (5th Court)
11. Migihashi (2nd Court)
12. Miyako (5th Court)
13. Washio (5th Court)
14. Suzuki (5th Court)
15. Matsudaira (5th Court)
16. Kobayashi (4th Court?)
17. Hisajima (4th Court?)
18. Miyamoto (4th Court?)
19. Takei (5th Court)
20. Yukimura (MS)

Like this, the number of 1st court players also corresponds to the panel I showed you yesterday. Interestingly enough, if you shift these down by 6 spots after Migihashi, you get this:

1. Tokugawa (1st Court)
2. Oni (3rd Court)
3. Irie (5th Court)
4. Kishimoto (1st Court?)
5. Handa (mistranslated in the chapter, 4th Court?)
6. Taniyoshi (1st Court?)
7. Ishimaru (1st Court?)
8. Nakagauchi (5th Court)
9. Sekine (1st Court?)
10. Yamato (5th Court)
11. Migihashi (2nd Court)
12. 2nd Court
13. 2nd Court
14. 2nd Court
15. 2nd Court
16. 2nd Court
17. 2nd Court
18. Miyako (5th Court)
19. Washio (5th Court)
20. Suzuki (5th Court)

Normally you'd shift this by 7 positions instead, but Washio without Suzuki doesn't really make sense. You get the point though. Basically this would likely have been the challenger line-up if the BJB hadn't butted in.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

http://2.p.mpcdn.net/21894/374399/6.jpg

Also, is this shot ever name? Kabaji copy it so it seems to not just be a normal backhand?
It doesn't have an official name. EDIT: I want to say it might've been called explosion shot or something along those lines somewhere, but I can't find it right now.

Last edited:

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Wait.. so the 2nd court didn't go home? It surprise me that there's no many 4th court left.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Wait.. so the 2nd court didn't go home? It surprise me that there's no many 4th court left.
They did except for Migihashi. My second list was just a hypothetical.

Awennor

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Nakagauchi is just so boring. Maybe later.

--
Page 52
Introduces the training. No new/interesting info.

Page 53
Strengthening Program 1 - mountain climbing
Strengthening points: arm, leg, strategy (figuring out the best path and how to traverse it, features Nioh as an explanation picture), team work, willpower.
SP 2 - hole digging
SPoints: arm, leg, mental, team work, balance

---------- Post added at 06:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

Page 54 and 55
SP 3 - night training
Spoints: resistance, balance, swing speed, arm strength, will power
SP 4 - special mission
Spoints: speed, balance, footwork, nimbleness, situation analysis, decision making, communication, insight, resistance, coordination, fighting on places on-fire (seems to be a bit metaphorical, sounds like when human beings are in extreme emergence situations and then they strength they didn't think they have, it's related to when they run away after getting the food).

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Does it say on which basis the people that go on the special mission are selected?

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Is Handa 4th court leader? Or where did his info come from?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Is Handa 4th court leader? Or where did his info come from?
Not in name, but I'm pretty certain that he is in reality. Basically he's listed as having played against Taira and Hara together with Miyamoto, and you can see the guys who were up against them if you zoom in on the page where 3rd court walks away from the team shuffle vs 4th court. In my opinion it's likely that they were also the ones who played D1 in that team shuffle (2-6 vs Washio/Suzuki), but unfortunately their names are covered on that list, so I can't say for certain.

Awennor

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Page 56
SP5 Sportsman hunt
SPoints: decision making, jumping, concentration, strategy, humor (for relaxing your friends), nimbleness, fighting strength (they use a Japanese slang called "strength of VS man", the manga defines it as guts face the opponent)

---------- Post added at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 AM ----------

Page 57
Results from the camp.
* Able to react even at irregular terrain.
Example: Sakata being able to run in zig zag by improving his sideway movements.
* The ability to hit consecultively
Example: Ryoma and Kintaroh hitting multiple stuff at the eagles.
* Ability to jump side ways
Examples: Gakuto's low moonsault.

It then ends with Mifune's message for them to go crush the elite and do the revolution and stuff.

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

Page 58 to 63 has the winner's side of the friendship matches, which is what I'll be translating from now on.

---------- Post added at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

File 1 Yukimura VS Sanada 7-1
Extra Notes:
Not even Ra works against Yukimura. When the rally is completely controlled, the opponent loses the strength to counter attack.
After Sanada loses his 5 senses, Yukimura keeps attacking without mercy. The match goes completely one-sided...
The black aura Sanada has shown after losing his 5 senses, after witnessing it's presence, Yukimura's facial expression tightens up.

Coach Notes:
Saitou - the owner of a strong will in a match: Even against his own friend in a helpless state, he does not stop his attacks. This strong will is amazing.
Kurobe - an eye for tactics that can seal his opponent's movements: to seal your opponent's movements like that, you must have a tactical eye to hit a high level shot at a high level timing.
Conditioning coach - concerns about his own body make him rush the match: ending the match at such a small period of time hides his own worries about his body. if this is ignored, it may lead to his self-destruction.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It's really nice to see the intended benefits of the mountain camp. Kinda unfortunate that there's no similar analysis for the main camp.

Tsuuge's comment on Yukimura is interesting. Apparently Yukimura just completely destroyed Sanada after he saw Black Aura. Not sure what to make of him worrying about his body, might be why he didn't participate in the G10 challenge?

Anera

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Thank you very much for your translation, Awennor, it's really nice. :)

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Tsuuge's comment on Yukimura is interesting. Apparently Yukimura just completely destroyed Sanada after he saw Black Aura. Not sure what to make of him worrying about his body, might be why he didn't participate in the G10 challenge?
But he already got the badge n°11, if I remember well ? Was there really an interest to see him play once again ? I know Niou played twice, but Konomi surely wanted to show us Niou's new abilities. (and allow Atobe to shine once again and Niou was the perfect double player for that purpose) Yukimura didn't have other strings to his arc which were interesting enough to let him play another match in the G10 challenge.

Making him play against the best player of Germany was a good way to give him the power-up he needs.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah, he already had that badge. I'm not saying what Tsuuge describes was the only factor, but I do wonder if it didn't influence it.

Awennor

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
File 2
Yagyuu VS Nioh 8-6
Extra Notes:
He reads Nioh's movements beforehand and sends the ball to the opposite side.
He uses the same form as the laser, but he hits it with a side spin.

Coach
Saitou - excelent analysis and observation skills: by using ordinary information he was able to discover there was a trick. Not bad, huh, this guy.
Kurobe - he has a sense of strategy to shoot down his foes: to make use of his opponent's trick, using it against the opponent himself, such sense of strategy I can value highly.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
File 2
Yagyuu VS Nioh 8-6
Extra Notes:
He reads Nioh's movements beforehand and sends the ball to the opposite side.
He uses the same form as the laser, but he hits it with a side spin.

Coach
Saitou - excelent analysis and observation skills: by using ordinary information he was able to discover there was a trick. Not bad, huh, this guy.
Kurobe - he has a sense of strategy to shoot down his foes: to make use of his opponent's trick, using it against the opponent himself, such sense of strategy I can value highly.
Such high praise for Yagyuu.
Though it still seems Yagyuu only won because at that point Nationals!Niou needed a few games to use Illusion.

I'm really interested in the off-screened Marui 10-8 Jackal scoreline, Chinen 17-15 Tanishi score and the Akutsu 7-1 Kawamura scoreline.