Group - Group D Battle Royale | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group D Battle Royale

Which 4 Characters advance to the next round?

• Gray Fullbuster

Votes: 47 72.3%
  • Kyôka

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Marin Hollow

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 59 90.8%
  • Neinhart

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • Rogue Cheney

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Sherria Blendy (Third Origin)

Votes: 36 55.4%
  • Wahl Icht

Votes: 49 75.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yeah, but Kyoka should be able to absorb Wahl's power without dying. As I said, it's not fusing magic and curse that kills you, it's using the link between the two to operate a system like Face that kills you.

Franmalth absorbed magical power from thousands of souls including Hades. He even absorbed some of Natsu's magic power.

So Kyoka can absorb all of Wahl's magic power, which leaves Wahl weak and dumb. Meanwhile Kyoka will be powered up and she already has her intelligence.

I don't see how Kyoka doesn't beat Wahl and move on to the next stage.

EDIT:

Even if it wasn't stated in the manga, Franmalth and Kyoka both use Absorption Curse, so the end-game is still the same.

Absorbing magic power won't kill Kyoka. That's for sure.

Franmalth uses Curse Power too, just exactly likely Kyoka. And fusing magic power and his curse power didn't kill him, so it shouldn't kill Kyoka.

We never had evidence of Franmalth or Kyoka ever saying that they had a limit to what they can absorb.

If that's the case, Franmalth wouldn't be so happy every time he decided to absorb somebody's magic, let alone actually absorbing somebody's magic.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

In her Etherious Form? That's not happening.

When Wahl decides to one-shot her, Kyoka will smash a hole in his body just like she did with Erza's Armadura. And that's if she is bare-handed.
"Mard Geer, if I make an organic link between this enormous magic power and my own curse power, then my life is forfeit"

The act of creating an organic link between the face's magical power and her own curse power is what will kill her. Face being a bomb (it's not really even a real bomb) had nothing to do with it. The justification Kyouka gave was that such an enormous amount of magical power would kill her if she linked herself with it. Etherion might not be as strong as Face, but it's still a massively powerful attack. Also, Wahl is many magnitudes above LFD Natsu and Hades. There's no guarantee that Franmalth can survive him either.

Kyouka was never shown to be using absorption like Franmalth did. She absorped Sayla's curse power while Sayla was down. She never displayed anything along the lines of absorbing a magical atack, draining someone's soul, or gaining an opponents' abilities. All she did was simply take some of Franmalth's power, and Franmalth remarked that that was his trick. Evidently, Kyouka didn't absorb the power from Era's slashes, which was what eventually took her out. All Wahl has to do is throw attacks at her that rivals the slashes Erza did.

Amadura amrour isn't Erza's most durable armor, and Kyouka is not the only one who can destroy the armor. Azuma managed to pull that off in an offscreened feat. Surely you don't believe Azuma can also blast Wahl apart?

Last edited:

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
エーテルナノ is ethernnano. MPBs are
\

No, it was specifically stated that it was the amount of magical power in face that would kill you. Face being a bomb has nothing to do with it (face is not even really a bomb). "Mard Geer, if I make an organic link between this enormous magic power and my own curse power, then my life is forfeit." The act of creating an organic link between the face's magical power and her own curse power is what will kill her.

Kyouka was never shown to be using absorption like Franmalth did. She absorped Sayla's curse power while Sayla was down. She never displayed anything along the lines of absorbing a magical atack, draining someone's soul, or gaining an opponents' abilities. All she did was simply take some of Franmalth's power, and Franmalth remarked that that was his trick. Evidently, Kyouka didn't absorb the power from Era's slashes, which was what eventually took her out. All Wahl has to do is throw attacks at her that rival

As I stated before, organic link is not fusing.

In that specific context of that panel, Mard Geer and Kyoka were discussing about forming an Organic Link (Kyoka's Magic), to speed up face.

More correctly, "Mard Geer, if I make an organic link between this enormous magic power and my own curse power, then my life is forfeit."

And yes, Face is a Magic Pulse Bomb. Face has way more magical power than Wahl.

Which is why Face stopped the combined force of Zeref and the Alvarez Spriggans from advancing for the past decade. Wahl wouldn't hold a candle to Face's magical energy.

Even if Kyoka cannot absorb magical attacks or gain somebody's abilities like Franmalth, she can still absorb energy simply by touching them.

Since she is using Franmalth's trick, like you said, then it should be no different. At the minimum, she can absorb somebody's energy simply by touching them.

Wahl can throw attacks at her like Erza did, but that doesn't stop Kyoka from smashing Wahl or absorbing his magical power once she touches him.

It only takes 1 hand-to-hand combat between them for Kyoka to absorb.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
As I stated before, organic link is not fusing.

In that specific context of that panel, Mard Geer and Kyoka were discussing about forming an Organic Link (Kyoka's Magic), to speed up face.

More correctly, "Mard Geer, if I make an organic link between this enormous magic power and my own curse power, then my life is forfeit."

And yes, Face is a Magic Pulse Bomb. Face has way more magical power than Wahl.

Which is why Face stopped the combined force of Zeref and the Alvarez Spriggans from advancing for the past decade. Wahl wouldn't hold a candle to Face's magical energy.

Even if Kyoka cannot absorb magical attacks or gain somebody's abilities like Franmalth, she can still absorb energy simply by touching them.

Since she is using Franmalth's trick, like you said, then it should be no different. At the minimum, she can absorb somebody's energy simply by touching them.

Wahl can throw attacks at her like Erza did, but that doesn't stop Kyoka from smashing Wahl or absorbing his magical power once she touches him.

It only takes 1 hand-to-hand combat between them for Kyoka to absorb.
We see what face is like when it activates. It's not a real bomb. It's just a bunch of pilalrs that shoot out magic that cancels out magic. They don't explode, so Kyouka was never in any danger of being damaged by the face bomb being destroyed. No, Kyouka said that the act of linking her curse power and such an enormous source of magical power would be what kills. The emphasis was on the amount of magical power. Fusing is probably a lot worse than linking to be honest, since it would all be inside you.

In any case, Kyouka simply hasn't been shown to fight in the fashion you're suggesting she does. You can't go from a feat of "absorbs the curse power of a fellow etherious" to an interpretation of "completely immune to all forms of magical attack". Let's say that Kyouka can touch and drain someone's power. How much energy did Kyouka actually manage to absorb from Erza when they were throwing attacks at each other? How long do you think someone like Laxus can hold on to Wahl before Wahl sends him flying with one of his attacks? Kyouka would have a harder time holding on to Wahl than she would holding on to Erza. Wahl would have an easier time tossing Kyouka around than he would tossing Laxus around.

Last edited:

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
We see what face is like when it activates. It's not a real bomb. It's just a bunch of pilalrs that shoot out magic that cancels out magic. They don't explode, so even if Kyouka makes a link with them there's absolutely no reason she would be damaged if the faces aren't damaged. No, Kyouka said that the act of linking her curse power and such an enormous source of magical power would be what kills. The emphasis was on the amount of magical power. Fusing is probably a lot worse than linking to be honest, since it would all be inside you.

In any case, Kyouka simply hasn't been shown to fight in the fashion you're suggesting she does. You can't go from "absorbs the curse power of a fellow etherious" to "completely immune to all forms of magical attack". Let's say that Kyouka can touch and drain someone's power. How much energy did Kyouka actually manage to absorb from Erza when they were throwing attacks at each other? How long do you think someone like Laxus can hold on to Wahl before Wahl sends him flying with one of his attacks? Wahl has a lot more magical power than Erza, can send Laxus flying with his punches, and is fast enough to land several blows in assault form.

It's already been proven by Franmalth that mixing magical power and curse power doesn't affect the caster.

Franmalth and Kyoka both use Curse magic and Franmalth hadn't died from absorbing magical power, so there should be no reason why Kyoka does since Kyoka is stronger.

Kyoka and Franmalth both use the same type of power Curse, and magic power is magic power.

As for the way she fights, it's pretty relative. All we know is that she has the capability and it isn't too far of a stretch for her to perform the same way as Franmalth could. After all, she is the stronger demon out of the two and has a lot more combat experience than Franmalth.

In the Kyoka vs. Erza fight, Kyoka didn't even attempt to drain Erza's power. So it's not like we can discuss "how much?".

The fact is that Kyoka chose not to absorb Erza's power. We can guess all day long why.

(Probably because Erza had no power left in her except for PoF, and you can't drain that power...)

Kyoka in her Etherious form can damage Wahl enough or touch him long enough to drain his magical energy. Wahl isn't August or Irene. He isn't even a God Serena.

As far as I'm concerned, Kyoka and Wahl are on the same caliber and Kyoka will have no problem eventually draining Wahl of his power the longer the battle continues.

I'll let you have the last word though, if you so wish.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
It's already been proven by Franmalth that mixing magical power and curse power doesn't affect the caster.

Franmalth and Kyoka both use Curse magic and Franmalth hadn't died from absorbing magical power, so there should be no reason why Kyoka does since Kyoka is stronger.

Kyoka and Franmalth both use the same type of power Curse, and magic power is magic power.

As for the way she fights, it's pretty relative. All we know is that she has the capability and it isn't too far of a stretch for her to perform the same way as Franmalth could. After all, she is the stronger demon out of the two and has a lot more combat experience than Franmalth.

In the Kyoka vs. Erza fight, Kyoka didn't even attempt to drain Erza's power. So it's not like we can discuss "how much?".

The fact is that Kyoka chose not to absorb Erza's power. We can guess all day long why.

(Probably because Erza had no power left in her except for PoF, and you can't drain that power...)

Kyoka in her Etherious form can damage Wahl enough or touch him long enough to drain his magical energy. Wahl isn't August or Irene. He isn't even a God Serena.

As far as I'm concerned, Kyoka and Wahl are on the same caliber and Kyoka will have no problem eventually draining Wahl of his power the longer the battle continues.

I'll let you have the last word though, if you so wish.
Look man, if Kyouka managed to defeat Erza by absorbing her powers, or even if she managed to make Erza struggle by absorbing her powers in the middle of their fight, I might be inclined to agree with what you're saying. However, what Kyouka did was absorb Seilah's curse power. Curse power isn't magic power, and Sayla was an ally not a resisting opponent. We don't see Kyouka using this the same way Franmalth did. This absorption ability never even became a factor in any of Kyouka's fights. I'm not on board with Kyouka using a mostly-speculative ability to take out someone leagues stronger than someone she lost to.

Power of feelings is still magical power. Actually, magic probably is power of feelings.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Ok guys, I don't know why we are all talking about Natsu.

Lol, seriously guys, this is the Group Stages for Mavis' sake.... Natsu's not gonna get out here, we all know that. So save your Natsu logic (not meaning it in an offensive way, so chill) for later on in the tournament.

We all know Natsu's a given, and even if he isn't, he is probably gonna pass this stage with the highest number of votes.

Just look at everybody else in this group, half of them won't even pass.

Therefore, what's more important in the group stages, is to discuss about those that are likely, but may not pass. At least, that's in my honest opinion.

We know Natsu and Gray is going to pass. (By the way, if you seriously didn't vote for either of those two, you must seriously be biased).

I'm not joking, if you didn't vote for Natsu or Gray, you have officially deemed this tournament, Fairy Tail Favorite Character Contest.

I voted for both since I've been voting fairly this entire tournament. I analyze each character's skills and abilities and have made my decision without bias.

For the sake of this tournament, everyone should do the same.

So that means, even if you think Gray is a fag, then you still vote for him when it is obvious.

Regardless, I think the main focus should be Kyoka, Chelia, and Wahl.

I don't want another bs poll where somebody wins (like Gajeel did), where we had no proof but only hype (and to make it worse, no discussions were made about him).

People here say Gray has shown nothing so far, but neither had Gajeel. So please, if you use the same treatment on one character, then use the same treatment on all characters, no bias.

And after the recent spoilers, Gajeel is getting his ass kicked after he just bragged about having 6 Monsters on their side.

So, imo, I have chosen Kyoka and Chelia, but I'm still having my mind open to Wahl if anybody can convince me.

After taking a closer look, I honestly don't believe Wahl can make it to the next round. Once Kyoka drains his energy, he has nothing going for him, because he relies solely on that attribute.

He has no intelligence and his focus is such a narrow margin that I don't think he would fare well in an all out battle royale like this.
Don't complain about people voting for Gajeel and then ask them to vote for Gray saying it's obvious he should go through, that's flat out hypocritical. And portrayal is a thing, Gajeel is losing in base just like how Gray and Natsu would.
I don't want to sound like an ass here, but is Kyoka actually being compared to Wahl right now?
You're not an ass for pointing out the obvious. Kind of crazy.

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't understand how we can discut about natsu's powers..he's litteraly one shotted a spriggans once he got serious..kick zeref's ass (but zeref was not serious) os bluenote..that dude is spriggan's level..
My only problem here is gray..because i know he's gonna be very strong but atm he's featless..
Natsu never oneshotted a Spriggan, he and Lucy hit Jacob many times before that. He overpowered Zeref with Igneels power, which he no longer has. There is no proof that Bluenote is on Spriggan level. Natsu oneshotted Bluenote, then was visibly intimidated my Brandish's magic power. Natsu is strong, i would say his feats are on par with that of Laxus, when he is using his max power. He would have a lot of trouble against any Spriggan though, and should have no chance against August or Irene at the moment imo. Gray is not exactly "featless" imo. He froze a massive Sand Golem, and gained praise from Ajeel, who is one of the strongest enemies FT has ever fought. I do agree though that Gray does not have a lot of feats on his side at the moment, but his portrayal imo is that he is somewhere around the level of Gajeel,Erza and Mira.
As for who i took, my selections were Natsu,Wahl,Neinhart and Gray.

Natsu is a no brainer for me, if he has FDKM, then he deserves a spot. I don't believe he has Igneels power anymore though, otherwise he should win this whole tournament easily.

Wahl is one of the Spriggan 12, so on portrayal he easily gets in. He fought and gave Laxus a lot of trouble. I realise Laxus was suffering from the effects of the magic particles, but i never really felt that Laxus would have beat him easily regardless. When people say he would have just used Red Lightning on him immediately, i feel like that could literally be said for any fight where a character does not use their most powerful attack right off the bat.

Neinhart is once again one of the 12, so portrayal wise he is in. His magic would also do well in this format, due to him being able to sit back and summon everyone's Historias. His durability is not great as far as we have seen, but the only person that has attacked him is Jellal, someone i would put as one of Ishgar's best. I feel like he could defend himself well enough against others.

Gray does not have a lot of feats other than impressing Ajeel, with his ice magic. His portrayal though more than speaks for itself imo, considering how powerful his IDS magic is, and where his portrayal has always been.

Sherria was close, but ultimately she only beat Dimaria due to slayer advantage, and a timely Wendy enchantment. She is strong, but i would take Gray in a close battle over her.

Last edited:

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't complain about people voting for Gajeel and then ask them to vote for Gray saying it's obvious he should go through, that's flat out hypocritical. And portrayal is a thing, Gajeel is losing in base just like how Gray and Natsu would.

Excuse you, how am I complaining? All I asked for was to use the same criteria for all characters. If you used hype for Gajeel, then you use it for Gray too.

Neither of them have show their capabilities for this arc. And we recent learned that Gajeel is losing to Bradman. So, how am I being hypocritical?

If you voted Gajeel for hype, you should vote Gray for hype. Voting for Gajeel then saying "Gray has shown nothing so far, so he is ranked below because he is featless" is what seriously pisses me off.

I don't give a shit about your portrayal, I'm asking you to use the same exact criteria.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Excuse you, how am I complaining? All I asked for was to use the same criteria for all characters. If you used hype for Gajeel, then you use it for Gray too.

Neither of them have show their capabilities for this arc. And we recent learned that Gajeel is losing to Bradman. So, how am I being hypocritical?

If you voted Gajeel for hype, you should vote Gray for hype. Voting for Gajeel then saying "Gray has shown nothing so far, so he is ranked below because he is featless" is what seriously pisses me off.

I don't give a shit about your portrayal, I'm asking you to use the same exact criteria.
You said you were voting were Gray then got mad at people for voting fo Gajeel and then tried to use him losing to Bradman to look bad.

You're only pissed off because it's Gray, while Gray has shown a lot more than Gajeel in this arc.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
You said you were voting were Gray then got mad at people for voting fo Gajeel and then tried to use him losing to Bradman to look bad.

You're only pissed off because it's Gray, while Gray has shown a lot more than Gajeel in this arc.

I said no such thing. All I said was that Gray and Gajeel are in the same position in this arc. Neither of the two have had a chance to show off their power.

I'm simply stating that saying Gajeel will pass to the next round for hype but then saying that Gray is not that strong because he has shown nothing this far is conflicting.

If you chose not to vote for Gajeel, not voting for Gray makes sense.

But if you vote Gajeel for hype, then at least hype Gray.

How is Gajeel losing to Bradman bad? Bradman is a high-tiered Spriggan and has been hyped up by countless people.

I actually think Bradman is a formidable foe unlike Wahl. So Gajeel has one tough dude he has to deal with.

The only thing that I thought was a joke was when Gajeel said he had 6 monsters on his side. Gajeel is doing fine so far, even if he gets oneshotted by Bradman.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
If you chose not to vote for Gajeel, not voting for Gray makes sense.

But if you vote Gajeel for hype, then at least hype Gray.
While I can agree to what you're saying the one difference between them is their pool itself. It's quite possible to hype Gray to be the same power level as Gajeel, but vote for Gajeel in Group B and not for Gray in Group D. I do believe this is the toughest pool, I only just selected Gray with my 4th pick.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Yeah, but Kyoka should be able to absorb Wahl's power without dying. As I said, it's not fusing magic and curse that kills you, it's using the link between the two to operate a system like Face that kills you.

Franmalth absorbed magical power from thousands of souls including Hades. He even absorbed some of Natsu's magic power.

So Kyoka can absorb all of Wahl's magic power, which leaves Wahl weak and dumb. Meanwhile Kyoka will be powered up and she already has her intelligence.

I don't see how Kyoka doesn't beat Wahl and move on to the next stage.

EDIT:

Even if it wasn't stated in the manga, Franmalth and Kyoka both use Absorption Curse, so the end-game is still the same.

Absorbing magic power won't kill Kyoka. That's for sure.

Franmalth uses Curse Power too, just exactly likely Kyoka. And fusing magic power and his curse power didn't kill him, so it shouldn't kill Kyoka.

We never had evidence of Franmalth or Kyoka ever saying that they had a limit to what they can absorb.

If that's the case, Franmalth wouldn't be so happy every time he decided to absorb somebody's magic, let alone actually absorbing somebody's magic.

In her Etherious Form? That's not happening.

When Wahl decides to one-shot her, Kyoka will smash a hole in his body just like she did with Erza's Armadura. And that's if she is bare-handed.
Do you think Wahl's Armour is as weak as Pre-Timeskip Erza's Amadura Armour..He had recieved many physical hits and thunder attacks from laxus without damaging him a bit.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
While I can agree to what you're saying the one difference between them is their pool itself. It's quite possible to hype Gray to be the same power level as Gajeel, but vote for Gajeel in Group B and not for Gray in Group D. I do believe this is the toughest pool, I only just selected Gray with my 4th pick.

I didn't say that you have to vote for Gray because Gajeel made it through.

All I said was that if you hyped Gajeel, you can't say "Gray is featless therefore wont make it".

If you think Gray doesn't make it because he is weak (I really don't know what possesses people to do that), then what can I do? Nothing.

But saying Gray is featless therefore he won't make it, then saying Gajeel wins through hype is the definition of bias.

Now for you, it's valid, because you said that this is the toughest pool (honestly, I think Gray clears this with ease), but hey, that's our opinions, and opinions are the exact reason why this tournament exists.
Do you think Wahl's Armour is as weak as Pre-Timeskip Erza's Amadura Armour..He had recieved many physical hits and thunder attacks from laxus without damaging him a bit.

Wahl's durability is nothing impressive. Laxus' thunder attacks won't affect him because he is a Machia, immune to all forms of lightning. So those did 0 damage to Wahl.

Base Laxus's punch is weaker than full powered Etherious Kyouka's punch.

Am I saying Wahl's Armor is as weak as Pre-Timeskip Erza's Armadura? Probably not.

Am I saying Wahl's Armor is weak enough to be smashed by full power Etherious Kyouka's punch? Yeah.

Kyouka's claw would rip that circuits to shreds if it ever made contact.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

All I said was that if you hyped Gajeel, you can't say "Gray is featless therefore wont make it".
Sorry I did think I misread/misunderstood you so I apologise.

In that light I do agree with you. As far as I am concerned both Gray and Gajeel have about the same level of feats (Gray's being better with IM Silver), and relatively equal portrayal; so I'd say they're around the same.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich

If you think Gray doesn't make it because he is weak (I really don't know what possesses people to do that), then what can I do? Nothing.

But saying Gray is featless therefore he won't make it, then saying Gajeel wins through hype is the definition of bias.

Now for you, it's valid, because you said that this is the toughest pool (honestly, I think Gray clears this with ease), but hey, that's our opinions, and opinions are the exact reason why this tournament exists.

Wahl's durability is nothing impressive. Laxus' thunder attacks won't affect him because he is a Machia, immune to all forms of lightning. So those did 0 damage to Wahl.

Base Laxus's punch is weaker than full powered Etherious Kyouka's punch.

Am I saying Wahl's Armor is as weak as Pre-Timeskip Erza's Armadura? Probably not.

Am I saying Wahl's Armor is weak enough to be smashed by full power Etherious Kyouka's punch? Yeah.

Kyouka's claw would rip that circuits to shreds if it ever made contact.
@Bold Is baseless.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry I did think I misread/misunderstood you so I apologise.

In that light I do agree with you. As far as I am concerned both Gray and Gajeel have about the same level of feats (Gray's being better with IM Silver), and relatively equal portrayal; so I'd say they're around the same.

Thanks, but I don't think you need to apologize. You didn't attack me personally and I rarely get pissed off (despite my language, and bolding, and such)

I respect everybody's opinions (even if I disagree with it). Quite personally, I understand everybody has their favorites (even including me), which is why the outcome of the tournament won't affect me in any way, shape, or form.

But in order for this tournament to live up to its name and have its greatest intended effect, I am suggesting that we all act without bias and simply analyze this fairly.

We are one of the few FT communities that hold tournaments like these and we don't want the name "tournament" to be judged by bias.

Just so I can lower everybody's anxiety, I will give you my word that I will judge fairly.

I will change my opinion the way I see fit and am open to ideas to sway my vote.

And to be clear, it's well known in the community that I am an advocate for characters like Gray, Mira, the demons, and demon slayers.

HOWEVER, I'll reveal you my secret right here and now. Gray is not going to win this tournament and I know it. Why?

Because I'm NOT voting for him when we get to the final stages. He is not the strongest participant (despite what I would like) as there are other people in this tournament that will clearly outclass him.

Having said that, eventually, I know Gray will be weeded out, and by me personally.

Whether who wins is out of my control, I'm not going to take this too personally, but I encourage (if you are willing to try) everybody to vote without bias.

And if you have to vote for bias, then please do so. It's better to vote with bias than suffer from trauma in real life because your character didn't win (honestly, this is no stab).

As for me, this tournament won't affect me personally, so I choose to vote without bias.

@Bold Is baseless.
It's baseless if you go the opposite way too.

This is a fantasy tournament based on how each person analyzes it. For me personally, that's what I believe.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Thanks, but I don't think you need to apologize. You didn't attack me personally and I rarely get pissed off (despite my language, and bolding, and such)

I respect everybody's opinions (even if I disagree with it). Quite personally, I understand everybody has their favorites (even including me), which is why the outcome of the tournament won't affect me in any way, shape, or form.

But in order for this tournament to live up to its name and have its greatest intended effect, I am suggesting that we all act without bias and simply analyze this fairly.

We are one of the few FT communities that hold tournaments like these and we don't want the name "tournament" to be judged by bias.

Just so I can lower everybody's anxiety, I will give you my word that I will judge fairly.

I will change my opinion the way I see fit and am open to ideas to sway my vote.

And to be clear, it's well known in the community that I am an advocate for characters like Gray, Mira, the demons, and demon slayers.

HOWEVER, I'll reveal you my secret right here and now. Gray is not going to win this tournament and I know it. Why?

Because I'm NOT voting for him when we get to the final stages. He is not the strongest participant (despite what I would like) as there are other people in this tournament that will clearly outclass him.

Having said that, eventually, I know Gray will be weeded out, and by me personally.

Whether who wins is out of my control, I'm not going to take this too personally, but I encourage (if you are willing to try) everybody to vote without bias.

And if you have to vote for bias, then please do so. It's better to vote with bias than suffer from trauma in real life because your character didn't win (honestly, this is no stab).

As for me, this tournament won't affect me personally, so I choose to vote without bias.

It's baseless if you go the opposite way too.

This is a fantasy tournament based on how each person analyzes it. For me personally, that's what I believe.
It doesn't go the other way around. Laxus has been above Kyouka when she was first introduced and has had a massive power up since he's been training for a year if you were to say it was the other way round it wouldn't be baseless. But whatever *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.