Group - Group D Battle Royale | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group D Battle Royale

Which 4 Characters advance to the next round?

• Gray Fullbuster

Votes: 47 72.3%
  • Kyôka

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Marin Hollow

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 59 90.8%
  • Neinhart

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • Rogue Cheney

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Sherria Blendy (Third Origin)

Votes: 36 55.4%
  • Wahl Icht

Votes: 49 75.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I didn't say that you have to vote for Gray because Gajeel made it through.

All I said was that if you hyped Gajeel, you can't say "Gray is featless therefore wont make it".

If you think Gray doesn't make it because he is weak (I really don't know what possesses people to do that), then what can I do? Nothing.

But saying Gray is featless therefore he won't make it, then saying Gajeel wins through hype is the definition of bias.

Now for you, it's valid, because you said that this is the toughest pool (honestly, I think Gray clears this with ease), but hey, that's our opinions, and opinions are the exact reason why this tournament exists.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Wahl's durability is nothing impressive. Laxus' thunder attacks won't affect him because he is a Machia, immune to all forms of lightning. So those did 0 damage to Wahl.

Base Laxus's punch is weaker than full powered Etherious Kyouka's punch.

Am I saying Wahl's Armor is as weak as Pre-Timeskip Erza's Armadura? Probably not.

Am I saying Wahl's Armor is weak enough to be smashed by full power Etherious Kyouka's punch? Yeah.

Kyouka's claw would rip that circuits to shreds if it ever made contact.
It is true that he has resistance to lightning and that's why he managed to survive laxus's lightning.Still i will say he has monstrous durability.Look at Red lightning.It is one of best laxus's attacks.It defeated him and just his chasis was blown.It is not like his whole armour was shredded.This proves his durability.And Kyoka doesn't have anything like this.Secondly his speed is too much for Kyoka to catch him He manged to keep up with lightning Laxus and once or twice speed blitzed him.And if he casts Anti-Material Canon(which Dimaria stated will destroy the whole city of Hargeon) or Etherion Canon then Kyoka will die.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Marin was also being compared to S12 tier ._.
Considering he cancelled out Jacob's transport in Lucy's Gemini Star Dress, I'd say he shouldn't be underestimated haha
Regarding Kyouka and Wahl, I think people are selling Kyouka a little too short, in Chapter 482 we saw her tell Erza she can increase her sensitivity to sexual pleasure, she can increase sensitivity to anything...I think she could find a way around Wahl's body

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Considering he cancelled out Jacob's transport in Lucy's Gemini Star Dress, I'd say he shouldn't be underestimated haha
Regarding Kyouka and Wahl, I think people are selling Kyouka a little too short, in Chapter 482 we saw her tell Erza she can increase her sensitivity to sexual pleasure, she can increase sensitivity to anything...I think she could find a way around Wahl's body
Marin was scared af in front of Brandish and Jacob is of the same caliber. The guy just doesn't come close to S12 even though he has good hax.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Thing is, how will Kyoka even survive against Wahl? She's basically fodder to him. Laxus was stronger than Erza Pre TS. Kyoka couldn't defeat Pre TS Erza. Kyoka, Azuma and Ikaruga needed teamwork and numbers to subdue an injured Erza who wasn't at her best (as they all noted). And then, they got scared off when she legitimately got pissed. Now Wahl was able to fight on par for Laxus for majority of their fight and match his attacks and we saw how much damage Wahl was able to inflict on Laxus.
Wahl has etherion in his repertoire. Assault Wahl uses attacks that even have Laxus sweating. The sheer scale and destruction of these attacks are far beyond anything Kyoka can take if we consider what took her down in Tartarus arc.
His speed is also beyond her. She'd never even get a chance to hit him. The thing is, the Demon gates are far beneath the spriggans. In MP, in fighting ability, attack potency etc. They just fall short.

Also, it's questionable if sensation will even work on Wahl. I mean, the idea of the curse is to affect a person's sensitivity. This is normally done by affecting the nerves in a person. Wahl is a machias, and thus will have none of these. There's nothing for her to influence here. Sensitivity doesn't actually make her attacks stronger, it just makes the opponent feel they're stronger. When she used the curse on Erza, she felt as though the wind was cutting her but the wind itself never changed. With sensation unable to work on Wahl due to his machias makeup, she'd be down to using her own strength without being able to increase his sensitive. Of course, there's still enhancement but like I mentioned before, Pre TS Erza could cope with this and ultimately defeat her. There's a world of difference between that level and Wahl. It's a bad matchup for her all through.

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I find it pretty so many people make it sound like Kyôka is fodder. Well, she isn't. In this battle she's without a doubt one of the strongest participant. To me posts like "Why are we even comparing Kyôka to a Spriggan" or "Kyôka will be oneshotted" seems pretty useless.

First of all, Kyôka has Sensation Curse. She can use this on multiple opponents, as shown in the manga. Once she uses this everybody in this fight won't have a single chance to attack her since they can't even move.

We don't know if Sensation Curse won't work on Wahl. Anyway, Kyôka could take him on one-on-one (not that it does matter, after Kyôka kills the others while they barely can't move, there are only two participants standing).

Second, Kyôka has Enhancement Curse. Her Enhancement Curse increases her attack and speed by every second that passes. This curse is unlimited. At some point, her power will grow stronger than that of a Spriggan. So yes, we can compare Kyôka to Spriggans.

Third, her claws can break through armors with ease. Who says she won't be able to break through Wahl's body once she attacks him? I mean, even Ichiya and Freed could. We all know Kyôka would slay these two.

Fourth, she has Etherious Form. Etherious Form is without a doubt the most powerful power-up a demon can receive. Their power will increase once their Etherious Form is activated. Not to mention that Kyôka already has Enhancement Curse.

Now let's go to Kyôka vs. Wahl. I'm pretty sure she could have a fair chance against a mid tier Spriggan as Wahl. Let's compare feats:

Attack: Wahl > Kyôka

Defense: Wahl > Kyôka

Stamina: Kyôka > Wahl
I mean, Wahl's body can be destroyed pretty easy.

Speed: Kyôka = Wahl
Wahl has never outclassed Etherious Kyôka when it comes to speed.

Intelligence: Kyôka > Wahl
Do I need to explain this?

AoE: Kyôka = Wahl
Most of Wahl's spells are focused on one opponent. But his missle attack can hit multiple opponents at once. But so can Sensation Curse.

Spell diversity: Wahl > Kyôka

As you can see, Wahl has still the upper hand when it comes to feats. But I was talking about Etherious Kyôka, I didn't include her Enhancement Curse.

Wahl > Etherious Kyôka

But at some point during this fight, Etherious Kyôka > Wahl thanks to Enhancement Curse.

Kyôka will move to the next stage without any doubt. Really, it's just logic. If she doesn't make it, this is more like a tournament to see which character has the most fans.

Now please show me why Kyôka won't make it. I don't care if any of you think that Wahl outclasses Kyôka, she'll be one of the four winners which seems like a fact to me.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Marin was scared af in front of Brandish and Jacob is of the same caliber. The guy just doesn't come close to S12 even though he has good hax.
Wasn't it because Brandish also has hax?:P
But fair enough, I'll conceded about Marin's hax

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I find it pretty so many people make it sound like Kyôka is fodder. Well, she isn't. In this battle she's without a doubt one of the strongest participant. To me posts like "Why are we even comparing Kyôka to a Spriggan" or "Kyôka will be oneshotted" seems pretty useless.

First of all, Kyôka has Sensation Curse. She can use this on multiple opponents, as shown in the manga. Once she uses this everybody in this fight won't have a single chance to attack her since they can't even move.

We don't know if Sensation Curse won't work on Wahl. Anyway, Kyôka could take him on one-on-one (not that it does matter, after Kyôka kills the others while they barely can't move, there are only two participants standing).

Second, Kyôka has Enhancement Curse. Her Enhancement Curse increases her attack and speed by every second that passes. This curse is unlimited. At some point, her power will grow stronger than that of a Spriggan. So yes, we can compare Kyôka to Spriggans.

Third, her claws can break through armors with ease. Who says she won't be able to break through Wahl's body once she attacks him? I mean, even Ichiya and Freed could. We all know Kyôka would slay these two.

Fourth, she has Etherious Form. Etherious Form is without a doubt the most powerful power-up a demon can receive. Their power will increase once their Etherious Form is activated. Not to mention that Kyôka already has Enhancement Curse.

Now let's go to Kyôka vs. Wahl. I'm pretty sure she could have a fair chance against a mid tier Spriggan as Wahl. Let's compare feats:

Most of Wahl's spells are focused on one opponent. But his missle attack can hit multiple opponents at once. But so can Sensation Curse.

As you can see, Wahl has still the upper hand when it comes to feats. But I was talking about Etherious Kyôka, I didn't include her Enhancement Curse.

Wahl > Etherious Kyôka

But at some point during this fight, Etherious Kyôka > Wahl thanks to Enhancement Curse.

Kyôka will move to the next stage without any doubt. Really, it's just logic. If she doesn't make it, this is more like a tournament to see which character has the most fans.

Now please show me why Kyôka won't make it. I don't care if any of you think that Wahl outclasses Kyôka, she'll be one of the four winners which seems like a fact to me.
1)First of Wahl is faster than Kyoka.He managed to keep up with lightning Laxus and even once or twice proved faster than him.Unless Kyoka is as fast as Laxus she can't keep up with Wahl.
2)Wahl has two attacks which has big AOE.His Anti-material canon's beam was as big as Christine's hull.
And we all know the AOE of Etherion Canon.
3)Even Red Lightning which was one best Laxus's attacks didn't completely destroy Wahl's Armour like Kyoka did to Erza's Armour.His chasis was only destroyed.And surely Kyoka's claws are weaker than Red Lightning.And Freed and Ichiya destroyed Proxy Wahl's Armour not real Wahl's.
4)And most important of all current injured Erza was able to keep up with Ikaruga,Azuma and Kyoka at the same time.

Last edited:

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Natsu never oneshotted a Spriggan, he and Lucy hit Jacob many times before that. He overpowered Zeref with Igneels power, which he no longer has. There is no proof that Bluenote is on Spriggan level. Natsu oneshotted Bluenote, then was visibly intimidated my Brandish's magic power. Natsu is strong, i would say his feats are on par with that of Laxus, when he is using his max power. He would have a lot of trouble against any Spriggan though, and should have no chance against August or Irene at the moment imo. Gray is not exactly "featless" imo. He froze a massive Sand Golem, and gained praise from Ajeel, who is one of the strongest enemies FT has ever fought. I do agree though that Gray does not have a lot of feats on his side at the moment, but his portrayal imo is that he is somewhere around the level of Gajeel,Erza and Mira.
As for who i took, my selections were Natsu,Wahl,Neinhart and Gray.

Natsu is a no brainer for me, if he has FDKM, then he deserves a spot. I don't believe he has Igneels power anymore though, otherwise he should win this whole tournament easily.

Wahl is one of the Spriggan 12, so on portrayal he easily gets in. He fought and gave Laxus a lot of trouble. I realise Laxus was suffering from the effects of the magic particles, but i never really felt that Laxus would have beat him easily regardless. When people say he would have just used Red Lightning on him immediately, i feel like that could literally be said for any fight where a character does not use their most powerful attack right off the bat.

Neinhart is once again one of the 12, so portrayal wise he is in. His magic would also do well in this format, due to him being able to sit back and summon everyone's Historias. His durability is not great as far as we have seen, but the only person that has attacked him is Jellal, someone i would put as one of Ishgar's best. I feel like he could defend himself well enough against others.

Gray does not have a lot of feats other than impressing Ajeel, with his ice magic. His portrayal though more than speaks for itself imo, considering how powerful his IDS magic is, and where his portrayal has always been.

Sherria was close, but ultimately she only beat Dimaria due to slayer advantage, and a timely Wendy enchantment. She is strong, but i would take Gray in a close battle over her.
Yeah i know but what i wanted to say is that natsu now is clearly the strongest ft members with laxus atm..he has the fire power to knock out or defeat somoene like jacob..or ajeel, but yeah against august or eileen he should get stomped.
Gray isn't exactly featless but compared to the others he hasn't show anything imo..that's why i want him to get in a battle and show how strong he is.

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States

That's assuming that she doesn't get koed by Natsu or Wahl before she tries something like that..

Wait what? I thought we were talking about the real Wahl in this fight?

Stamina: Kyôka > Wahl I mean, Wahl's body can be destroyed pretty easy.
Wahl is not as physically weak as his robot. If he were then Laxus would have destroyed him without lightning.

He fought on par with current Laxus, which is a better speed feat than anything Kyoka did in her fight with pre skip Erza.

I mean Wahl is a robot... But since he screwed up a bunch of times in his fight against Laxus, I won't argue against you here.

Fair enough

Like I said, this is assuming that she won't get knocked out by Natsu or Wahl before she even tries something like that (and both have the capacity to knock her out/kill her fairly quickly). Heck, Gray can insta freeze her before she uses her curse and proceed to demolish her with DeS magic.

Coné

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal

Wahl > Etherious Kyôka

First of all, if Tartaros Erza endured Kyouka's Sensation Curse, why wouldn't Wahl also be able to do it once he's far above her? In the second place, the Enhancement Curse was also used against Erza, and despite this, Erza still managed to defeat her in a severely injured state. Third, Kyouka's claws could break through Tartaros Erza's armors, but once again, Wahl is someone who managed to tank all of Laxus' physical hits. As Laxus is physically much stronger than Kyouka, then I can safely assume that Kyouka's claws won't cause Wahl any damage. Fourth, it's the same point again. Erza matched Etherious Kyouka; chances are Wahl will easily overwhelm her.

Wahl has superior attack, defense, durability (which you accounted as stamina; Wahl tanked all of Laxus' physical hits, this is more than Kyouka showed us) and speed (he kept up with Laxus quite easily, and since Laxus > Erza, it's safe to assume that Wahl > Kyouka). Considering that any of Laxus' attacks have the same potency as the casual nuke he used against Ajeel, then it's also safe to assume that Wahl has a similar attack potency. And this is exactly why I think that Wahl could one-shot Kyouka, since Kyouka has never shown us enough durability feats to prove that she would tank Laxus' nuke.

To conclude, Kyouka would never get to the point where her Enhancement Curse puts her above Wahl, because that's how much stronger Wahl is than her. Even if her Enhancement Curse is quite haxed, it was shown that after a long battle against Erza, she was still unable to surpass Erza's general level, so it really isn't a tie-breaker here. Now I rest my case. I hope this is enough to prove my point.
It's baseless if you go the opposite way too.

This is a fantasy tournament based on how each person analyzes it. For me personally, that's what I believe.
It really isn't baseless if you go the opposite way. Laxus has simply much better physical feats than Etherious Kyouka, so I can assume that his bloodlusted punches which caused no damage to Wahl are stronger than Etherious Kyouka's full powered punch which did what? Damaged Erza? Not that it matter though, until it's proved that Kyouka can deliver attacks above what Wahl has tanked, it can't be proved that she'll be able to severely damage Wahl.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Unless it is shown that Kyoka's sensation Curse can work on machines(none organic opponents), this HAS to go to Wahl. We can't go on hype correct? She has no way of using her curses to her advantage against a glorified toaster, what is she going to do?

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Red Lightning is easily as impressive as Lightning Dragon's Jaw, which is an attack that can take down Hades. There's no reason at all to assume that anyone should be smashing Wahl with ease. Also, just because Freed and Ichiya can destroy one of Wahl's proxies, doesn't mean he can take down Wahl himself. Destroying Amadura Fairy armor is also over-hyped. This was something that can be achieved by Knightwalker, who was by definition completely equal with Erza at the time. The time happened to be before the 7 year timeskip, and before second origin. Kyouka is not the only one to damage amadura fairy either. Azuma also managed to damage Amadura Fairy, along with Purgatory armor - and he did so casually off-screen. Fairy armor isn't even Erza's most durable armor. That would be adamantine or maybe Nakagami. Also, it's not like Kyouka's claws are casual hits for her, and she's got a bunch of more powerful curses up her sleeve. No, her claw attacks are pretty much her only means of physical damage.

Wahl has a 400 km demolition laser. It went 30 off the coast of Hargeon, over the port, and then flew 370 km to hit the town of Magnolia. Wahl's explosion lit up Hargeon's sky. Etherion can be hyped up to be a country level attack. Honestly, Wahl's attacks are on a larger scale than anything Kyouka has done. Just look at the punches he was throwing at Laxus, and compare them with the scale of Kyouka's claw attacks.

Enhancement curse is overrated. Kyouka fought Erza for 20 minutes, and still lost. Kyouka's power might be constantly increasing, but Wahl is leagues above her from the beginning. He would finish her off way before she gets to that level. Any attack equal to the damage from the series of attacks Erza used against Kyouka would take out Kyouka. Anybody with durability/endurance on Erza's level would be able to take hits from Kyouka. Wahl has both these qualities. Really, so does Natsu - maybe Chelia, but I'm assuming Kyouka seals their senses.

Say what you will about PoF. Erza uses PoF all the time, and her attacks against anyone else would be as strong as her attacks against Kyouka. The special pleading in this excuse is so obvious when you're putting people on the same level as Acnologia. Laxus used PoF to fight Wahl as well. I can just as easily say that Laxus only won because of PoF, and because he had Yury's blood flowing through his veins. Why doesn't that make Wahl invincible by association? You don't hear anyone saying Laxus was an Acnologia tier. How much PoF do you think Natsu uses? How pumped up on PoF do you think he was when he was fighting Zeref? We don't even put Igneel-powered Natsu, who was throwing Zeref around through mountains, on Acnologia's level.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
1)First of Wahl is faster than Kyoka.He managed to keep up with lightning Laxus and even once or twice proved faster than him.Unless Kyoka is as fast as Laxus she can't keep up with Wahl.
2)Wahl has two attacks which has big AOE.His Anti-material canon's beam was as big as Christine's hull.
And we all know the AOE of Etherion Canon.
3)Even Red Lightning which was one best Laxus's attacks didn't completely destroy Wahl's Armour like Kyoka did to Erza's Armour.His chasis was only destroyed.And surely Kyoka's claws are weaker than Red Lightning.And Freed and Ichiya destroyed Proxy Wahl's Armour not real Wahl's.
4)And most important of all current injured Erza was able to keep up with Ikaruga,Azuma and Kyoka at the same time.
1). Uhm..

Plus her speed increases thanks to Enhancement Curse. She'll grow faster than Wahl.

2). His Anti-Material Cannon was blocked by a ship. It's pretty featless.

3). Red Lightning did destroy Wahl. Proxy Wahl is a robot just like the real Wahl.

4). Erza was pretty much owned by Neinhart, especially once he summoned Kyôka. Don't get why you say this.

That's assuming that she doesn't get koed by Natsu or Wahl before she tries something like that..
She won't. Natsu's attacks aren't as fast as Kyôka's Sensation Curse. Wahl's spells who doesn't take a long time to cast are worthless, since a sick Laxus could tank three of them.

Wait what? I thought we were talking about the real Wahl in this fight?
Just like Wahl, Proxy Wahl is a robot. No matter, I can see your point. Wahl was still crushed by lightning though.

He fought on par with current Laxus, which is a better speed feat than anything Kyoka did in her fight with pre skip Erza.
Kyôka was a lot faster than Erza. She sliced her before she could even react. See the images I posted in my reply to @natsulucy.

Like I said, this is assuming that she won't get knocked out by Natsu or Wahl before she even tries something like that (and both have the capacity to knock her out/kill her fairly quickly). Heck, Gray can insta freeze her before she uses her curse and proceed to demolish her with DeS magic.
Kyôka can use her Sensation Curse against Gray before he freezes her. Who ever said Gray will attack Kyôka at first? Kyôka can use her Sensation Curse against everyone at the same time, so she'll be faster than anyone else.

First of all, if Tartaros Erza endured Kyouka's Sensation Curse, why wouldn't Wahl also be able to do it once he's far above her? In the second place, the Enhancement Curse was also used against Erza, and despite this, Erza still managed to defeat her in a severely injured state. Third, Kyouka's claws could break through Tartaros Erza's armors, but once again, Wahl is someone who managed to tank all of Laxus' physical hits. As Laxus is physically much stronger than Kyouka, then I can safely assume that Kyouka's claws won't cause Wahl any damage. Fourth, it's the same point again. Erza matched Etherious Kyouka; chances are Wahl will easily overwhelm her.
Kyôka was stronger than Erza. The only reason Erza won is because she received a PoF power-up and because 'she's Erza'. Try to imagine what would happen if PoF wasn't included in this battle. No one will ever win against someone who receives an PoF power-up, that's Fairy Tail.

So yeah, Kyôka was (a lot) stronger than Tartaros Erza.

Lightning isn't effective against Wahl, that's why he could tank it. Do you think Laxus could break through Erza's armor with his bare hands? No. Kyôka is physically stronger than Laxus, Laxus has higher magic power and spell diversity.

Wahl has superior attack, defense, durability (which you accounted as stamina; Wahl tanked all of Laxus' physical hits, this is more than Kyouka showed us) and speed (he kept up with Laxus quite easily, and since Laxus > Erza, it's safe to assume that Wahl > Kyouka). Considering that any of Laxus' attacks have the same potency as the casual nuke he used against Ajeel, then it's also safe to assume that Wahl has a similar attack potency. And this is exactly why I think that Wahl could one-shot Kyouka, since Kyouka has never shown us enough durability feats to prove that she would tank Laxus' nuke.
Again, Wahl was immune to Laxus lightning. It's not impressive he could tank his spells. But in the end he was defeated by his weakness. Kyôka stamina is much better.

Kyôka will grow stronger than both Laxus and Wahl thanks to her Enhancement Curse. And no, she won't be oneshotted cause she can slay everyone at the same time with Sensation Curse.

Wahl is weaker than Laxus.

To conclude, Kyouka would never get to the point where her Enhancement Curse puts her above Wahl, because that's how much stronger Wahl is than her. Even if her Enhancement Curse is quite haxed, it was shown that after a long battle against Erza, she was still unable to surpass Erza's general level, so it really isn't a tie-breaker here. Now I rest my case. I hope this is enough to prove my point.
Again, PoF can't be countered. Kyôka won't be oneshotted by Wahl. Wahl may be stronger, but Etherious Kyôka is not much weaker. After a long fight, she'll surpass Wahl thanks to her Enhancement Curse.

I can go on like this.

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
She won't. Natsu's attacks aren't as fast as Kyôka's Sensation Curse. Wahl's spells who doesn't take a long time to cast are worthless, since a sick Laxus could tank three of them.
Natsu has shown to be able to blitz Ajeel, the same guy who dodged and countered most of current Erza's attacks with ease. I doubt he'll have trouble blitzing Kyoka when an injured Erza could keep up with her, Azuma, and Ikaruga all at the same time. Laxus's sickness was never said to lower his durability. It doesn't matter that he tanked the attacks cuz they still caused him a lot of damage. Laxus's durability sh*ts on Kyoka's.

Just like Wahl, Proxy Wahl is a robot. No matter, I can see your point. Wahl was still crushed by lightning though.
And? Kyoka and multiple other characters in this manga would be crushed by red lightning as well.

Kyôka was a lot faster than Erza. She sliced her before she could even react. See the images I posted in my reply to @natsulucy.
Kyoka outspeeding pre skip Erza isn't as impressive as Wahl keeping up with someone as fast as Laxus.

Kyôka can use her Sensation Curse against Gray before he freezes her. Who ever said Gray will attack Kyôka at first? Kyôka can use her Sensation Curse against everyone at the same time, so she'll be faster than anyone else.
All Gray has to do is swipe his finger across the air... Heck, the fandom even calls it INSTA freeze.

@bold: Have you forggoten how much Gray despises all the demons created by Zeref? It's not farfetched to think that Gray would go after Kyoka first here.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
1). Uhm..

Plus her speed increases thanks to Enhancement Curse. She'll grow faster than Wahl.

2). His Anti-Material Cannon was blocked by a ship. It's pretty featless.

3). Red Lightning did destroy Wahl. Proxy Wahl is a robot just like the real Wahl.

4). Erza was pretty much owned by Neinhart, especially once he summoned Kyôka. Don't get why you say this.

Kyôka was stronger than Erza. The only reason Erza won is because she received a PoF power-up and because 'she's Erza'. Try to imagine what would happen if PoF wasn't included in this battle. No one will ever win against someone who receives an PoF power-up, that's Fairy Tail.

So yeah, Kyôka was (a lot) stronger than Tartaros Erza.

Lightning isn't effective against Wahl, that's why he could tank it. Do you think Laxus could break through Erza's armor with his bare hands? No. Kyôka is physically stronger than Laxus, Laxus has higher magic power and spell diversity.

Again, Wahl was immune to Laxus lightning. It's not impressive he could tank his spells. But in the end he was defeated by his weakness. Kyôka stamina is much better.

Kyôka will grow stronger than both Laxus and Wahl thanks to her Enhancement Curse. And no, she won't be oneshotted cause she can slay everyone at the same time with Sensation Curse.

Wahl is weaker than Laxus.

Again, PoF can't be countered. Kyôka won't be oneshotted by Wahl. Wahl may be stronger, but Etherious Kyôka is not much weaker. After a long fight, she'll surpass Wahl thanks to her Enhancement Curse.

I can go on like this.
http://www.mangafreak.eu/read/fairy-tail/472/17
So do you think Kyoka is fast as this.I don't see this unless Kyoka is faster than current laxus which we know is impossible.
And this is Wahl's speed
http://www.mangafreak.eu/read/fairy-tail/472/16

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
It really isn't baseless if you go the opposite way. Laxus has simply much better physical feats than Etherious Kyouka, so I can assume that his bloodlusted punches which caused no damage to Wahl are stronger than Etherious Kyouka's full powered punch which did what? Damaged Erza? Not that it matter though, until it's proved that Kyouka can deliver attacks above what Wahl has tanked, it can't be proved that she'll be able to severely damage Wahl.

It's not baseless? I would like proof that it is not baseless. In your second sentence, you said "you assume". That's pretty baseless to me. You have no proof how strong Wahl is.

@Everybody

You guys are under a few misconceptions. Let me point it out to you clearly so that we are all on the same page.

1.) Laxus's performance against Wahl doesn't count. Laxus was injured and half the time couldn't even get in a decent punch. That's why he did no damage to Wahl. Not because Wahl is strong.

You guys are all saying "Laxus couldn't do this, Laxus couldn't do that, so how could Kyoka?"

Well guess what? Laxus couldn't do anything against Wahl because he is a lighting user that was sick and on his death bed. So his performance is below what a healthy Kyoka can do.

In fact, Wahl's defense sucks, but Wahl was lucky that Laxus was dumb enough to challenge him while he was half dying from his sickness.

Not to mention, Wahl is immune to 98% of Laxus attacks (with the exception of Red Lighting).
Wahl is not immune to any of Kyoka's attacks.

2.) Did you guys seriously bring up the Kyoka that Fodder Neinhart summon?

Please, I don't want to see that excuse again. For starters, all of Neinhart's memories weren't the real ones. So you can't use them in this tournament. This is Kyoka, not Neinhart's Memory Kyoka.

All of Neinhart's fodders have a decrease in intelligence by 90%. The Ur that Gray and Lyon fought could never hold a candle to the actual Ur. Same with the Kyoka and Hades.

So, I'm sorry, but all of your points are invalid. We are going off of the real Kyoka.

Since Neinhart's memories are invalid, that also does not mean Erza beat Kyoka in a 1v3, let alone by just a single stare.

That was the most PoF baseless featless move I have ever seen. She took out 3 of her enemies by saying "Begone". That's utter bullshit and cheating to the max.

It's not PoF anymore. It's outright flat cheating.

Even in Tartaros, Erza won because of plot. I don't see how you guys cannot grasp that. Erza had to win for the plot to continue. The fight didn't make any sense.

I can't believe you guys believe PoF actually is legit.

If that's the case, then I expect Erza to finish this tournament as the victor and nothing less. With PoF, she can beat Acnologia because she will never lose.

I dare you guys to vote Erza till the end. I know you guys wouldn't do it, because your PoF only works on certain characters that you choose for it to happen to.

When it is Natsu, Laxus, or Jellal vs. Erza, you guys will pretend Erza never had PoF. Please.

It is true that he has resistance to lightning and that's why he managed to survive laxus's lightning.Still i will say he has monstrous durability.Look at Red lightning.It is one of best laxus's attacks.It defeated him and just his chasis was blown.It is not like his whole armour was shredded.This proves his durability.And Kyoka doesn't have anything like this.Secondly his speed is too much for Kyoka to catch him He manged to keep up with lightning Laxus and once or twice speed blitzed him.And if he casts Anti-Material Canon(which Dimaria stated will destroy the whole city of Hargeon) or Etherion Canon then Kyoka will die.

Exactly, Laxus' Red Lightning beat Wahl because it was just a little above normal lightning.

Wahl is extremely resistant to lightning, so even Red Lightning didnt reach its full potential.

If you ask me, without Lightning resistance, Raging Bolt would be enough to make hole through Wahl's circuits.

Red Lightning was used not because Wahl had strong durability, but because he is immune to all lightning attacks with the exception of Red Lightning because he couldn't tank lightning that was above lightning, whatever that is, don't ask me.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's not baseless? I would like proof that it is not baseless. In your second sentence, you said "you assume". That's pretty baseless to me. You have no proof how strong Wahl is.

@Everybody

You guys are under a few misconceptions. Let me point it out to you clearly so that we are all on the same page.

1.) Laxus's performance against Wahl doesn't count. Laxus was injured and half the time couldn't even get in a decent punch. That's why he did no damage to Wahl. Not because Wahl is strong.

You guys are all saying "Laxus couldn't do this, Laxus couldn't do that, so how could Kyoka?"

Well guess what? Laxus couldn't do anything against Wahl because he is a lighting user that was sick and on his death bed. So his performance is below what a healthy Kyoka can do.

In fact, Wahl's defense sucks, but Wahl was lucky that Laxus was dumb enough to challenge him while he was half dying from his sickness.

Not to mention, Wahl is immune to 98% of Laxus attacks (with the exception of Red Lighting).

Please, I don't want to see that excuse again. For starters, all of Neinhart's memories weren't the real ones. So you can't use them in this tournament. This is Kyoka, not Neinhart's Memory Kyoka.

All of Neinhart's fodders have a decrease in intelligence by 90%. The Ur that Gray and Lyon fought could never hold a candle to the actual Ur. Same with the Kyoka and Hades.

So, I'm sorry, but all of your points are invalid. We are going off of the real Kyoka.

Since Neinhart's memories are invalid, that also does not mean Erza beat Kyoka in a 1v3, let alone by just a single stare.

That was the most PoF baseless featless move I have ever seen. She took out 3 of her enemies by saying "Begone". That's utter bullshit and cheating to the max.

Even in Tartaros, Erza won because of plot. I don't see how you guys cannot grasp that. Erza had to win to the plot to continue. The fight didn't make any sense.

If that's the case, then I expect Erza to finish this tournament as the victor and nothing less. With PoF, she can beat Acnologia because she will never lose.

I dare you guys to vote Erza till the end. I know you guys wouldn't do it, because your PoF only works on certain characters that you choose for it to happen to.

When it is Natsu, Laxus, or Jellal vs. Erza, you guys will pretend Erza never had PoF. Please.
Actually, the projection of Kyōka that was summoned is the same power as the real one back in Tartaros. That goes with Ur as well. Lyon even confirms this.

Nevertheless, I am also an advocate that Erza killing off her 3 former enemies just by overcoming her fears was total nonsense. It would be better if she one-shotted all of them for once, not because of PoF, but because they are just weak. They're all pre-timeskip and Erza should have surpassed the by now especially since she defeated most of them already.

As for Laxus, it's not like he was dying in battle, that is why he lost. The disease seemed to have attacked him periodically. Not during the whole fight. But even so, I will give you that Wahl has low-average durability. It is still better than anything Kyōka has shown.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually, the projection of Kyōka that was summoned is the same power as the real one back in Tartaros. That goes with Ur as well. Lyon even confirms this.

That's bullshit. Read more carefully. Her magic and abilities are the splitting image of the real Ur.

Yes, they have the same power.

Do they have the same skill and intelligence? No.

How do I know? Because the real Kyoka would never "die" if Erza says the word "begone".

Thought projection doesn't count. I'm outright stating it now.

If it counts, then I'm going to say Gray can make an ice clone of a weak Laxus or Erza and that will count for the rest of the tournament.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's bullshit. Read more carefully. Her magic and abilities are the splitting image of the real Ur.

Yes, they have the same power.

Do they have the same skill and intelligence? No.

How do I know? Because the real Kyoka would never "die" if Erza says the word "begone"
Magic = Power
Abilities = Skills
Intelligence = ?

As far as I'm concerned, they're pretty much the same. The only one that is unknown is Intelligence. Even so, it didn't seem like she was different from back in Tartaros. It's not like she acted like Natsu or something.

The part where Kyōka disappears was illogical. That I agree. She shouldn't have died because of what Erza said. That was not in her control though. It was all Erza's PoF.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Natsu has shown to be able to blitz Ajeel, the same guy who dodged and countered most of current Erza's attacks with ease. I doubt he'll have trouble blitzing Kyoka when an injured Erza could keep up with her, Azuma, and Ikaruga all at the same time. Laxus's sickness was never said to lower his durability. It doesn't matter that he tanked the attacks cuz they still caused him a lot of damage. Laxus's durability sh*ts on Kyoka's.
Ajeel isn't fast, at all. Being faster than him is no feat.

Kyôka didn't use Etherious Form when Neinhart summoned her. Her speed wasn't increased. We're talking about the real Kyôka here.

Laxus stamina is better than Kyôka's. Did I ever say it wasn't?

Wahl's spells won't do more damage at Laxus than Kyôka's Sensation Curse would.

And? Kyoka and multiple other characters in this manga would be crushed by red lightning as well.
So?

Kyoka outspeeding pre skip Erza isn't as impressive as Wahl keeping up with someone as fast as Laxus.
Laxus was a lot faster than Wahl once he used his lightning body. Laxus speed isn't impressive without lightning body.

All Gray has to do is swipe his finger across the air... Heck, the fandom even calls it INSTA freeze.
And who ever said Gray will attack Kyôka as first?

http://www.mangafreak.eu/read/fairy-tail/472/17
So do you think Kyoka is fast as this.I don't see this unless Kyoka is faster than current laxus which we know is impossible.
And this is Wahl's speed
http://www.mangafreak.eu/read/fairy-tail/472/16
I don't see where Wahl is actually blitzing someone like Kyôka did? He only gives a punch.

Nevertheless, I am also an advocate that Erza killing off her 3 former enemies just by overcoming her fears was total nonsense. It would be better if she one-shotted all of them for once, not because of PoF, but because they are just weak. They're all pre-timeskip and Erza should have surpassed the by now especially since she defeated most of them already.

As for Laxus, it's not like he was dying in battle, that is why he lost. The disease seemed to have attacked him periodically. Not during the whole fight. But even so, I will give you that Wahl has low-average durability. It is still better than anything Kyōka has shown.
She may be, but she didn't use Etherious form. So no, she didn't use her real power.

@Everybody

Even in Tartaros, Erza won because of plot. I don't see how you guys cannot grasp that. Erza had to win for the plot to continue. The fight didn't make any sense.

Exactly, Laxus' Red Lightning beat Wahl because it was just a little above normal lightning.

Wahl is extremely resistant to lightning, so even Red Lightning didnt reach its full potential.

If you ask me, without Lightning resistance, Raging Bolt would be enough to make hole through Wahl's circuits.

Red Lightning was used not because Wahl had strong durability, but because he is immune to all lightning attacks with the exception of Red Lightning because he couldn't tank lightning that was above lightning, whatever that is, don't ask me.
Perfectly said. We see eye to eye when it comes to Kyôka's power level. I find it pretty amusing that some here think Kyôka would be oneshotted.

Status
Not open for further replies.