Quarterfinal - God Serena vs Natsu Dragneel | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal God Serena vs Natsu Dragneel

Which Fighter Advances?

• God Serena

Votes: 34 47.9%
  • Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 37 52.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I said Natsu win in manga world bs he has main character stamina, but in real world he has not a chance. And even I said "Natsu win" it doesnt mean that I cant argue for another reason. Now it is Natsu and DS power.

They can use lightning\shadow but it doesnt bring them POWER, its just ability. Like Makarov can use many magic, any wizzard can use any magic if he learn it. It doesnt mean that they are stronger, its just are different ability. Look on my vision:
Natsu have 10000 MP
In base mode he use 1 MP for fist, 5 MP for roar and 50 mp for DS technique.
In LF mode hi can use lightning and fire. 2-10-100 mp.
In FDKM he increase consuming of MP - 10-50-500 mp.
In DF - 100-500-5000.

As you can see his power doesnt increase, he increase consuming MP. But for us - Natsu in DF is faster spend his MP and faster emptied. In battle with mage with the same magic (like Serena) MP is determinant. And some stamina (consuming MP for block damage, but it is not def).

For Serena:
MP - 20000
he still use the same attack like Natsu (1-5-50), but he can use 2 times stronger attacks without any modes. And have more MP in this fight it is definitely victory.
I don't know what this 'real world' you speak of is because everything that happens in this tournament is still bound by the logic etc. in the manga. Natsu's got great endurance and stamina for sure as well as great attack power and speed. His attacking power and speed have been shown to be greater than God Serena's, and as I've pointed out before Serena's attacks are moot against Natsu. There is no real way for Serena to win this fight considering what we know.

I don't really understand why you need to give 'units' to the character's mp as magic power isn't really the deciding factor here. What this fight ultimately comes down to is who can deal enough damage to take the other out, aka this fight is more of a slugfest rather than a tactical battle. Natsu has the stronger attacks, he's faster and as I've said before in my previous posts, he can negate most/all of Serena's attacks, making them useless before him. With attacks that have essentially one-shotted a Spriggan in his arsenal, God Serena who hasn't got an incredible showing in defense loses out to Natsu's raw power. Thats how Natsu wins this fight.

Tirl

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I don't really understand why you need to give 'units' to the character's mp as magic power isn't really the deciding factor here.
As Erza and Laxus said in their battle in anime - "when wizzards with the same lvl are fighting, deciding factor is their MP, experience and skill".
Who from this battle have all of that 3 parameters? Yeah - Goddy Serena:jacko

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
As Erza and Laxus said in their battle in anime - "when wizzards with the same lvl are fighting, deciding factor is their MP, experience and skill".
Who from this battle have all of that 3 parameters? Yeah - Goddy Serena:jacko
No, Laxus said it was mp, experience and skill, while Erza corrected him and said the heart is a deciding factor as well.
Experience and Skill won't help Serena when Natsu can render his attacks useless and use a barrage of powerful attacks that could drop him. Again, you're clutching at straws here. Natsu took out Jacob, aka A Spriggan who hadn't taken much damage if any before Natsu entered FDKM, with one Flame Dragon King's Demolition Fist. That was more than enough to defeat Jacob. As a Spriggan, Serena wouldn't be too far above that, so Natsu would really only need to use a few attacks on the same level as that Demolition Fist to finish it.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
while Erza corrected him and said the heart is a deciding factor as well.
She said "and heart".
And therefore I said in real world Natsu has not a chance. Heart is nothing in fight.
Like example Mira has two different fight. In first her heart made her beast, but in second it made her lovely sister and she decided to not fight.

In manga only good gays have "hearts". So bad gays cant win in any fight. And if bad gay has a heart, he even not fight and victory is still with good side

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
She said "and heart".
And therefore I said in real world Natsu has not a chance. Heart is nothing in fight.
Like example Mira has two different fight. In first her heart made her beast, but in second it made her lovely sister and she decided to not fight.

In manga only good gays have "hearts". So bad gays cant win in any fight. And if bad gay has a heart, he even not fight and victory is still with good side
You're acting like those three things are absolute when they really aren't. We've seen many a fight where another character has surpassed those where they lost out to win in a fight, so its definitely not absolute. As I just pointed out, even if God Serena has more experience and magic power, what will that matter if he can't hit Natsu? Natsu can dispel the gale dragon spells, he can evaporate the Sea King Dragon spells, he can fly up to avoid the Cavern Dragon spells and he can eat the Purgatory Dragon spells. Those are the four lacrima that Serena has shown and can use in the tournament as per rule 5, so with no way to damage Natsu, he loses the fight as Natsu just needs to use a few powerful spells like the Flame Dragon King's Demolition Fist and God Serena will fall. Its as simple as that.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Wait what? Since when can't God Serena eat Natsu's flames? He is a Dragon Slayer, so yes, ofcourse he can. Every attack from Natsu would be pointless. If he'll use his FDKM Roar God Serena will just eat it and receive a huge power-up.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Wait what? Since when can't God Serena eat Natsu's flames? He is a Dragon Slayer, so yes, ofcourse he can. Every attack from Natsu would be pointless. If he'll use his FDKM Roar God Serena will just eat it and receive a huge power-up.
I've made the point previously that Serena can't eat elements. If he was able to eat elements, he would've eaten Jura's rockiron fist instead of taking the hit, so he could then use a stronger Cavern Dragon attack, but he didn't. Therefore its a reasonable assumption that he can't eat elements. I've discussed this in more detail in previous posts, so I'll direct you to those.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I've made the point previously that Serena can't eat elements. If he was able to eat elements, he would've eaten Jura's rockiron fist instead of taking the hit, so he could then use a stronger Cavern Dragon attack, but he didn't. Therefore its a reasonable assumption that he can't eat elements. I've discussed this in more detail in previous posts, so I'll direct you to those.
Jura only used one pointless attack against God Serena that attacked him while he was falling from a tree.

That doesn't proof a single thing. God Serena is a Dragon Slayer and Dragon Slayers can eat their own element. Since God Serena possesses eight elements, he can eat all of them. Facts are facts.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Jura only used one pointless attack against God Serena that attacked him while he was falling from a tree.

That doesn't proof a single thing. God Serena is a Dragon Slayer and Dragon Slayers can eat their own element. Since God Serena possesses eight elements, he can eat all of them. Facts are facts.
Its not a fact because he hasn't done it. Unless they've shown it in the manga, they cannot do it. Think about it, the guy has eight dragon lacrima inside of him, so there's got to be some disadvantages when it comes to being able to use those elements effectively. If God Serena could eat elements, he would've eaten Jura's rockiron fists, but he didn't. Therefore he can't do it. And God Serena isn't the only Dragon Slayer who has never been shown to eat their own element. I'm very sure Laxus has never actually eaten lightning in the manga.

My point being, he hasn't shown he can eat elements so it shouldn't be considered a given that he can until he does it, which he won't because he's dead in the manga, nor does he have resistances to elements, which would be another drawback from the eight lacrima. He hasn't shown it so he can't do it, its as simple as that. Natsu can evaporate the Sea King Dragon spell, he can dispel the Gale Dragon spell, avoid the Cavern Dragon spell as @natsulucy pointed out and eat Serena's purgatory dragon spell. With all of those accounted for, there is no way for Serena to beat Natsu.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Why is there talk about God Serena having Dragon Force? Only First and Second Generations have the ability, Serena is a Third Gen.

Nothing has implied that being human has placed a cap on growth rate in the series nor does anything imply it's impossible to high a much higher growth rate than other.
That would make no sense. Imagine if the human that could lift most weight was 1500 kg, and the second was 400 kg, and the third 397, and the fourth 393, etc. Makes sense? no, right? Well that's the same.
Now imagine these 4 humans train for one year and his results vary: now the first oen can lift 7000 kg, the second one can lift 403 kg, the third 400, etc.
Do you get my point?

Face it Natsu is not only apart of the main cast but he is also the main male lead, his growth rate is going to be exceptional.
There must be believable limits for everything. I like Natsu and I like that he has this amazing power, what I don't like is how soon and unexpectedly he got it. It would have been better if this was his prime/final power, but with this growth rate, if he trains for a couple of years he can probably destroy the universe.

How can three humans with exceptional growth rate have gathered in one guild? Because the plot demanded it, the majority of strong Ishgar mages have always dawned from FT, at this point, you're refusing to accept something that has been made PERFECTLY CLEAR.
Uhh... no. Both Erza and Gray became mages at a very young ages, when their potentials were still unpredictable. And, oh, they happen to have immeasurable potential, just like Natsu's. In one year they top the most powerful mage of a continent... well excuse me if I'm reluctant to believe it's sooo sound.

I will repeat it once again the Grand Magic Mages drills this thought into our head, everyone from FT literally closes a 7-year gap in growth within the space of 3 months.
Yeah that was something else hard to believe, but it was "covered" better (the second origin release, very very hard training, etc. etc.). Still, Jellal, who in seven years improved probably 2x, now in one year seems to have improved 7x. Again, nonsense.

It's still reasonable now or did you think they wouldn't grow fast enough to put up a fight to the upcoming threat.
What Mashima should've done is not to boost and hype the enemies so much. Like puting them leagues above Makarov, him being afraid of them, claiming no FT member could beat them, etc. etc.

Them being able to top Ishgar's top mages has been coming and it's not even surprising seeing how Fairy Tail since they start of the manga has always been one of or Ishagr's top guild.
Being the most powerful guild as a whole is something, but members of the guild topping the most powerful members of a continent at such a young age, and becoming the most powerful mages of even the world is too ambitious to be credible if you ask me. If achieved just by training, that is. If powerups come from somewhere else, the likes of second origin release, it's another thing. Look at Naruto, who surpassed the First Hokage only because the rikudou gave him that power. "Granted or given" powerups are believable, in the sense you cannot claim that it's unthinkable that they improved that much because they showed you how they were given certain powress. Unlike training, where your own merits play the whole role.

Just because there is the possibility people have really high growth rates doesn't mean a lot of people outside the MAIN CAST will have that type of growth rate. You really don't get the benefit of being a main character.
But just look at Laxus' or Jellal's growth rate. They seem to have a multiplier similar to that of Natsu's or Gray's, and they're not main cast. Things just got out of hand.

Second Origin put them on par with the guild mates who had trained for months and those guildmates had just overtaken a bunch of over people who had been training for 7 years. You're complaining Mira got a reasonable power up but she had surpassed most mages with a 7 year gap on her.....
More than half of the mages that they fought were as old as they were when they went to Tenrou. That's something to take into account, too.

There are exceptions like Lyon, for example. He was training for 7 years to make up for a second origin release (equivalent to a three-month training) and still was slightly below or on par with Gray. However now his growth rate seems to have ridiculously become as big as his, since Alvarez Lyon should be slightly below or on par with Base Gray.

Serena showed half of his Dragon Slaying elements and even got carried away while doing so, the fact the spells had low AoE means nothing, attack potency is a thing you know.
You don't seem to grasp the concept of getting carried away vs going all out.

Not really an opinion Hiro has drilled into our heads that the Spirggans, for the most part. are on the same general level.
They also drilled into our heads that the GoI were gods far away from Jura's capabilities and, hey, look at that. It's clear that there are tiers among the spriggans, appart from the already mentioned top tiers August and Irene. There are high, mid and low tiers.

Now, for those who'd argue Serena can eat Natsu's fire, let me point out that Serena hasn't got any evidence of being able to eat elements, and that if he could eat them, I'd ask you why he didn't eat Jura's rockiron fist to power up his Cavern Dragon attack. Its clear from this that he can't eat elements, and by the same logic, being unable to eat elements means Serena could have no resistance to any elements either.
If all DS, never mind their generation, have been proven to be able to eat elements; why would you assume he can't? Because he didn't? There may be more reasons as to why he didn't, don't you think? You claim "he didn't shown any resistance to the attack either". Maybe because he didn't want to (he was testing the extent of their powers). After all, he came out without a scratch so it's rather clear the attack damaged him as much as a toddler would damage you with his fists...

As for Natsu's Dragon Force, he's shown it in previous arcs so of course he can use it. Dragon Force is generally said to triple a Dragon Slayer's power at least, so if you consider that Base Natsu was able to destroy a war god with a Flame Dragon King's Demolition Fist and essentially one-shot a Spriggan with the same attack when he was serious (he was in FDKM for the Jacob bit but you get my point), then imagine that power being tripled. Its an incredible amount of power to be dishing out, and it'd overwhelm Serena easily.
He showed it but there must be an external factor (eating something special / emotional-triggered), it cannot be awakened at will. So in a 1 VS 1 battle, Natsu wouldn't be able to use it unless he's gained control over its access. And since we don't know, let's assume he cannot use it, just like Serena can't.
Also, Natsu didn't one shot him. One shot implies that only one attack defeats an opponent. There was a battle prior to that, a lot of people intervened, and Natsu used his strongest move to end the battle. There was not just "one shot".

And let me remind you Natsu couldn't beat Jacob on a 1 vs 1 battle because of his hax. Natsu could just go one on one against the likes of Neinhart, I don't see him defeating any other Spriggan. Maybe God Serena as some of you claim.

No matter how you slice it, defeating a spriggan is still more impressive than defeating three featless "gods" of ishgal and jura.
I agree, and there's where the disappointment lies. I mean you cannot simply raise someone's hype to the clouds and get them defeated so easily. Imagine if now the GoI went to Larcade and defeated him. What could we possibly say about that? That, effectively, the Spriggans have tiers.

As for the defensive argument, the Gods of Ishgal are featless when it comes to them being 'strong'. Warrod has previously said its just a title, and they couldn't hold a candle to their fellow God of Ishgal, Serena.
If we're going to judge what he said, let me remind you Erza also claimed he was being extremely humble, and he was an amazing mage. Also, he only has a couple of feats that involve a tree growing VERY rapidly. Imagine getting a direct hit by that tree, or if it had edges or a sharp tip.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
If all DS, never mind their generation, have been proven to be able to eat elements; why would you assume he can't? Because he didn't? There may be more reasons as to why he didn't, don't you think? You claim "he didn't shown any resistance to the attack either". Maybe because he didn't want to (he was testing the extent of their powers). After all, he came out without a scratch so it's rather clear the attack damaged him as much as a toddler would damage you with his fists...
I've said it before that there has to be some disadvantage(s) to having that many lacrima inside him. He's got eight lacrima, but hasn't shown he can sustain one in a mode to gain resistances to that certain element, probably because he can't. As for eating it, God Serena isn't the only Dragon Slayer that hasn't been shown to eat an element; Laxus is in the same boat there. Sure, Laxus has shown he's resisted lightning attacks before but eating them? Nope, he has never shown that. God Serena hasn't shown it either, and my point with God Serena not being able to eat elements ties into him not being a slayer of a singular type so he could eat that element. Being as varied as he is means he mightn't be as well off with using a single element like the other slayers, so he'd be lacking behind a bit. Hence, he'd be unable to eat an element he has a lacrima for like he showed when Jura used the Rockiron Fist against him (he was unable to eat it).

He showed it but there must be an external factor (eating something special / emotional-triggered), it cannot be awakened at will. So in a 1 VS 1 battle, Natsu wouldn't be able to use it unless he's gained control over its access. And since we don't know, let's assume he cannot use it, just like Serena can't.
Also, Natsu didn't one shot him. One shot implies that only one attack defeats an opponent. There was a battle prior to that, a lot of people intervened, and Natsu used his strongest move to end the battle. There was not just "one shot".

And let me remind you Natsu couldn't beat Jacob on a 1 vs 1 battle because of his hax. Natsu could just go one on one against the likes of Neinhart, I don't see him defeating any other Spriggan. Maybe God Serena as some of you claim.
Well call it emotianally triggered or whatever, but Natsu still willed it via that in Tartarus. If Wendy of all people can will it now, and we've seen Natsu will it in Tartarus, then there is no reason why he can't will it now. See the 8th character restriction:

All characters are fighting to win at any and all cost. They therefore have no emotional or psychological barrier preventing them from fully utilizing all spells and abilities in their repertoire.
As you can see here in the 8th character restriction, there are no restrictions/barriers when it comes to fully utilizing all spells and abilities in the repertoire of a character that have been shown. Therefore, Natsu can use Dragon Force in this battle if the need be, so that part of your argument goes out the window there.

As for Natsu vs Jacob, even if his hax magic had been interfered with, Jacob still had taken next to no damage before Natsu and Jacob got outside the guild, and Natsu ended it with one shot, the Flame Dragon King's Demolition Fist. Its one of the the most powerful spells Natsu has shown thus far, and if Natsu in FDKM hit Serena with a few of those, it'd be as good as over.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I've said it before that there has to be some disadvantage(s) to having that many lacrima inside him. He's got eight lacrima, but hasn't shown he can sustain one in a mode to gain resistances to that certain element, probably because he can't. As for eating it, God Serena isn't the only Dragon Slayer that hasn't been shown to eat an element; Laxus is in the same boat there. Sure, Laxus has shown he's resisted lightning attacks before but eating them? Nope, he has never shown that. God Serena hasn't shown it either, and my point with God Serena not being able to eat elements ties into him not being a slayer of a singular type so he could eat that element. Being as varied as he is means he mightn't be as well off with using a single element like the other slayers, so he'd be lacking behind a bit. Hence, he'd be unable to eat an element he has a lacrima for like he showed when Jura used the Rockiron Fist against him (he was unable to eat it).
Well that's your guess/assumption, which is as respectable as anyone else's.

Well call it emotianally triggered or whatever, but Natsu still willed it via that in Tartarus.
That is not correct, the only reason he was able to enter this mode was by thinking Gray was severely damaged/even dead. So no, Tartaros Natsu cannot enter DF at will.

If Wendy of all people can will it now, and we've seen Natsu will it in Tartarus, then there is no reason why he can't will it now. See the 8th character restriction:
Let's not mix characters here, Wendy managed to learn how to enter it at will and stated it, Natsu hasn't entered it yet nor stated he can enter it at will so let's just assume he can't. Natsu didn't will it in Tartarus.

As you can see here in the 8th character restriction, there are no restrictions/barriers when it comes to fully utilizing all spells and abilities in the repertoire of a character that have been shown. Therefore, Natsu can use Dragon Force in this battle if the need be, so that part of your argument goes out the window there.
That argument allows you to regard all spells and abilities in the repertoire of a character WHEN they showed it. That is to say, Tartarus DF, not Alvarez DF. Because it says "that have been shown" but Alvarez DF hasn't been shown. It's just sheer speculation, which is fine by me. Of course DF Natsu would probably defeat God Serena, but my guess is God Serena can use DF as well.

As for Natsu vs Jacob, even if his hax magic had been interfered with, Jacob still had taken next to no damage before Natsu and Jacob got outside the guild, and Natsu ended it with one shot, the Flame Dragon King's Demolition Fist. Its one of the the most powerful spells Natsu has shown thus far, and if Natsu in FDKM hit Serena with a few of those, it'd be as good as over.
Provided that Serena wouldn't eat his fire.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
That argument allows you to regard all spells and abilities in the repertoire of a character WHEN they showed it. That is to say, Tartarus DF, not Alvarez DF. Because it says "that have been shown" but Alvarez DF hasn't been shown. It's just sheer speculation, which is fine by me. Of course DF Natsu would probably defeat God Serena, but my guess is God Serena can use DF as well.
Its still Natsu willing Dragon Force. Even if he did it in a previous arc, there is no reason why he couldn't do it now when he's spent a year training to become even stronger. Thats a long time dedicated to training to further his skills, and Dragon Force could well be something he made easier to access (like Wendy) in that year of training. Its definitely accessible now via what the tournament has in place and from Natsu willing it in a previous arc.

Provided that Serena wouldn't eat his fire.
Again, this comes down to my argument of Serena not being able to eat elements he can wield or have resistances to elements he can wield. I've mentioned this many a time in my posts in this thread now so I'll refer you to those.

THE ALMIGHTY CRYBABY

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria

To me, in these panels Laxus ate probably Wahl's lightning and powered up a bit but it wasn' t directly stated!!! Serena as a ds should be also able to eat his element ( in that case 8 different elements). In his battle against GoI he didn't rly get the chance to eat jura's rocks because he was surprised by their sudden attacks but they didn't do any damage to him expect Hyberion's vampire magic.
Wendy (at Alvarez arc), Rogue and Sting ( GMG arc) showed that they can enter DF at will so based on this Natsu and Gajeel should also be able to use it in alvarez arc at will. Before Alvarez arc Natsu or Wendy needed to eat something that increases their magic power dramatically, in order to activate DF, so in those arcs they couldn't use it at will.
What I wonder is, if dragon-slayers of the second generation can use DF ( Cobra, Laxus and Serena) because nothing was rly hinted they could!?

GokuSSJG

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia

To me, in these panels Laxus ate probably Wahl's lightning and powered up a bit but it wasn' t directly stated!!! Serena as a ds should be also able to eat his element ( in that case 8 different elements). In his battle against GoI he didn't rly get the chance to eat jura's rocks because he was surprised by their sudden attacks but they didn't do any damage to him expect Hyberion's vampire magic.
Wendy (at Alvarez arc), Rogue and Sting ( GMG arc) showed that they can enter DF at will so based on this Natsu and Gajeel should also be able to use it in alvarez arc at will. Before Alvarez arc Natsu or Wendy needed to eat something that increases their magic power dramatically, in order to activate DF, so in those arcs they couldn't use it at will.
What I wonder is, if dragon-slayers of the second generation can use DF ( Cobra, Laxus and Serena) because nothing was rly hinted they could!?
Laxus resisted the lightning, it didn't powered him up nor did he personally ate it. he was hit by Rufus with lightning but he wasn't empowered by it. punch Natsu with fire and he will just resist it.

THE ALMIGHTY CRYBABY

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Laxus resisted the lightning, it didn't powered him up nor he personally ate it. he was hit by Rufus with lightning but he wasn't empowered by it. punch Natsu with fire and he will just resist it.
It's quite possible that I misinterpreted that but look at this here:

Cobra cleary ate his element (poison) here so ds of the second generation can do it!!!!!

GokuSSJG

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
It's quite possible that I misinterpreted that but look at this here:

Cobra cleary ate his element (poison) here so ds of the second generation can do it!!!!!
yes, they can ate it ofc to rejuvenate their MP. there is no difference between first gen and second gen DS when it comes to powers. the only thing that second Gen is missing is DF.

I don't know if God Serena can ate fire but logically he should.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I am not sure if Second Generation Dragon Slayers can achieve Dragon Force. DF comes from being a DS magic user. If the Lacrima grants a person the ability to use that magic, then it's possible that DF can also be achieved. Of course the teaching of the magic by a dragon can top the scope of magic in the Lacrima, and thus it might not be possible for Laxus/Cobra to use DF.

Plus Laxus would be too OP with DF. He has no anti-bodies too, so he could dragonify fully. That's assuming that dragonification and dragon force are one and the same, which I think it is.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Its still Natsu willing Dragon Force. Even if he did it in a previous arc, there is no reason why he couldn't do it now when he's spent a year training to become even stronger. Thats a long time dedicated to training to further his skills, and Dragon Force could well be something he made easier to access (like Wendy) in that year of training. Its definitely accessible now via what the tournament has in place and from Natsu willing it in a previous arc.
It's more sound to assume he cannot enter at will until he proves otherwise. So far, entering DF at will is yet another feat, one that Natsu didn't show back in Tartaros, one which hasn't still shown now in Alvarez. In a 1 vs 1 fight, Tartaros Natsu couldn't enter DF because he needs that emotional trigger (someone needs to get involved in the battle and then badly hurt). So I'm going to assume Alvarez Natsu cannot enter it at will as well, until he proves otherwise.

Again, this comes down to my argument of Serena not being able to eat elements he can wield or have resistances to elements he can wield. I've mentioned this many a time in my posts in this thread now so I'll refer you to those.
Let's agree to disagree then :P

THE ALMIGHTY CRYBABY

Reaction score
Country
Austria
It's more sound to assume he cannot enter at will until he proves otherwise. So far, entering DF at will is yet another feat, one that Natsu didn't show back in Tartaros, one which hasn't still shown now in Alvarez. In a 1 vs 1 fight, Tartaros Natsu couldn't enter DF because he needs that emotional trigger (someone needs to get involved in the battle and then badly hurt). So I'm going to assume Alvarez Natsu cannot enter it at will as well, until he proves otherwise.

Let's agree to disagree then :P
Well, I agree! Natsu needs to prove that he can activate DF in alvarez arc at will!
Holy shit, DF Laxus would be too op XD !!!! Acnologia would immediately go to slay him then!
Btw Char, of course Erza cannot solo GoI+ Jura. I only claimed that in a 1vs1 she's better than each one of them. That's all.
DF Gajeel proved to me that he can solo GoI+ Jura and DF Natsu is for sure about the same level as DF Gajeel so he should be able to do the same! Gray is too featless for now to judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.