Hangout - Tournament Hangout Thread | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Tournament Hangout Thread

Which character, not in the tournament, should have been?

• Acnologia (human only)

• A GMG dragon

• Zeref with no restrictions

• Mavis

• Hades with Heart

• Ichiya

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
It's no sense. Natsu will win. 90% fans consider him their GOD. "Natsu is most powerfull wizard in the world" bullshit.
He didn't do the shit even to Serena's corpse...
It's no sense how many rules there be - Natsu is beyond competition.
This rule makes sense. It's only fair that all characters start in their base mode, because starting out in your strongest form before the match would mean you have prep-time before the match. This rule probably won't change the outcomes of any of the fights in any significant fashion.

Natsu was in base mode versus God Serena's Historia, and to be honest they never really fought. Considering people far weaker than Natsu were able to take down the other Historia, I don't think Natsu would have much trouble. Besides, even as a Natsu fan I will acknowledge that he has strong competition from people like Irene and August. I wouldn't vote for his victory unless it's an accurate interpretation of what the manga shows. It just happens to be that as of right now, dragon force Natsu is arguably the strongest on Ishgar's side in terms of attack power. Natsu has his fair share of haters as well. I've seen people vote against Natsu simply because they didn't like him, favoring Mirajane or Wendy.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Transformations/modes are magic so we can't give some people a head-start. We wouldn't allow Jellal to have Sema prepped, or Laxus have a Jutsu Shiki down for example; so it would be unfair if Irene was dragonised from the get-go.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Natsu won against God Serena last year despite the fact that God Serena has two DS elements which counter him completely and has Fire DS which means he is resistant to his attacks.

Natsu still won.

I won't vote for him in this tournament even if he goes up against Wendy, Lucy or any other fodders because he won last year unfairly. that's my take on in this tournament.

Pheromone

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
I won't vote for him in this tournament even if he goes up against Wendy, Lucy or any other fodders because he won last year unfairly. that's my take on in this tournament.
:notsure

notaoneliner

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
As much as people were upset about last year's tournament, I think we should just forget about it and move on. This is a brand new tournament and a lot has happened since then. Now we have a clearer picture about each character. So let's try to give an accurate representation of the current power levels in the manga instead of turning this into a popularity contest. The last thing we want is to make this tournament even worse than before. After all, this is potentially the last one we'll ever have (even though it's only the second one).

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
For the record...

I'm actually answering and voting each match with my honest and fair analysis. I'll give you my word on this, and I don't intend to change that fact.

Some of you probably think I'm exaggerating, trolling, or just hating. And as unpopular as my opinion may be, I do honestly believe that the victors I've chosen so far, for each match, should move on.

I have no desire to vote my favorite characters up. That's why I didn't vote for Mira yet.. I had to sacrifice her strong capabilities and potential.

Unfortunately, I do not see Mira moving beyond Group A... the ones who advance can and will only be dragon slayers.

The only question is which dragon slayers, and I do apparently differ on that.

And to those that I have replied to thus far in the tournament, even though my wording or tone may seem harsh, I guarantee you that there are no ill-feelings or anger involved.

The nature of the tournament may seem that way, but I honestly don't care to pick a fight or argument.

The FT characters are supposed to be the ones fighting, not Nemispelled.

And I wouldn't be that petty or immature anyways, rest assured.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Transformations/modes are magic so we can't give some people a head-start. We wouldn't allow Jellal to have Sema prepped, or Laxus have a Jutsu Shiki down for example; so it would be unfair if Irene was dragonised from the get-go.
But that y I said earlier if this is a bloodlust fight meaning it doesn't matter if they start at base or not i mean once the bell rings Irene can turn to her dragon form from get go if she wants
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
As much as people were upset about last year's tournament, I think we should just forget about it and move on. This is a brand new tournament and a lot has happened since then. Now we have a clearer picture about each character. So let's try to give an accurate representation of the current power levels in the manga instead of turning this into a popularity contest. The last thing we want is to make this tournament even worse than before. After all, this is potentially the last one we'll ever have (even though it's only the second one).
I think we should have another one since the manga hasn't ended imo this manga will end fall/winter 2017 (early 2018 at most)
--- Double Post Merged, ---
For the record...

I'm actually answering and voting each match with my honest and fair analysis. I'll give you my word on this, and I don't intend to change that fact.

Some of you probably think I'm exaggerating, trolling, or just hating. And as unpopular as my opinion may be, I do honestly believe that the victors I've chosen so far, for each match, should move on.

I have no desire to vote my favorite characters up. That's why I didn't vote for Mira yet.. I had to sacrifice her strong capabilities and potential.

Unfortunately, I do not see Mira moving beyond Group A... the ones who advance can and will only be dragon slayers.

The only question is which dragon slayers, and I do apparently differ on that.

And to those that I have replied to thus far in the tournament, even though my wording or tone may seem harsh, I guarantee you that there are no ill-feelings or anger involved.

The nature of the tournament may seem that way, but I honestly don't care to pick a fight or argument.

The FT characters are supposed to be the ones fighting, not Nemispelled.

And I wouldn't be that petty or immature anyways, rest assured.
same as much as I love laxus I know he isn't going to the finals (unless he gets a power up during this arc :3c) I will be objective in every round and give u facts and logic of my votes

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Natsu won against God Serena last year despite the fact that God Serena has two DS elements which counter him completely and has Fire DS which means he is resistant to his attacks.

Natsu still won.

Your logic is completely flawed. This is a tournament, not a popluarity contest. This just proves you cant make an unbiased assesment of characters in this tournament. You shouldnt be in this tournament if you have such biased towards a character. And i dont mean to single you out, because i know your opinion is shared by many. Every vote counts tho so voting for lucy(your example) over Natsu is really childish. Again, if this was a popularity contest, id be there with ya.

And you can argue the case of God Serena vs Natsu, you can actually have a good debate about that matchup

I for one asked the mods to not even have Natsu in this tournament due to his current level in the manga. Natsu, Zeref, August, and Acno should 100% be excluded from this tournament. They are just a tier on their own now its not fair to the other contestants.

Those 4 can have their own side bracket free for all lol

Again, i mean no disrepect. Just calling what im seei g

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I vote for having FH Zeref and whatever the most powerful form of Acnologia is, otherwise it's very possible that Natsu or Gildartz will win this when neither deserve to. As it is, there's a lot of BS ways for Natsu to somehow win... although, he's not as popular so who knows. The tournament usually becomes a popularity contest, in my experience.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
I vote for having FH Zeref and whatever the most powerful form of Acnologia is, otherwise it's very possible that Natsu or Gildartz will win this when neither deserve to. As it is, there's a lot of BS ways for Natsu to somehow win... although, he's not as popular so who knows. The tournament usually becomes a popularity contest, in my experience.
I slightly disagree. Natsu's latest feat of vaporizing FH Zeref is a feat that will realistically defeat anyone in this tournament. It makes more sense to just remove August and Natsu.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
What if it can be dodged, and FH Zeref didn't bother to dodge it because hax? But having FH Zeref and Acnologia would make it more interesting than Gildartz or Irene wank without Natsu or August.

Ice Hunter

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
it gonna hard to predict the outcome for the final, but i think this tournament will end up with August vs Irene in the final round. and it super hard to choose between these two...
But... if August meet Erza or Irene meet Natsu in one : one battle, maybe.... miracle will happen...

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Most probably August will win unless FH Zeref gets in the tournament.Though doubtful how far Irene will go if she faces a strong DS.

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Natsu is the winner this is clear as day.. next is August

Orgastthemage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
The way I see it, no bias intended given it´s me saying this, but August should pretty handily take this thing seeing as nullification isn´t restricted and copying caster spells is just far too powerful an ability to begin with.

Natsu will be one to watch though. I´m gonna carefully sift through all of the debate arguments regarding his matchups.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
it gonna hard to predict the outcome for the final, but i think this tournament will end up with August vs Irene in the final round. and it super hard to choose between these two...
But... if August meet Erza or Irene meet Natsu in one : one battle, maybe.... miracle will happen...
IF August meets Erza and Irene does meet Natsu, it wil indeed be a miracle for the spriggan duo to move on. Count on it.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
IF August meets Erza and Irene does meet Natsu, it wil indeed be a miracle for the spriggan duo to move on.
In this T yes. But in real fight Erza can't do anything to August. Even Gildarts punches don't scratch him.
Irene still mega far stronger than Natsu, she may blitz him.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Why was Acnologia restricted? Because as it is, he is already getting nerfed in the manga. :m3j