Quarterfinal - Natsu vs Gildarts | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Natsu vs Gildarts

Who wins this quarterfinal round?

• Natsu

Votes: 48 50.0%
  • Gildarts

Votes: 48 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmicstar

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I hate the term POF like it was a 1 time thing. Either the character did or didn't do something. Natsu stomps this battle. He one shotted 2 Spriggan 12 members, destroyed Zeref with Fairy Heart and two shotted a God.

Gildarts is overrated. No way is he defeating Natsu. This isn't a popularity contest but a battle thread. People need to start acting like it.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Gildarts, clearly. No reason to believe Natsu can beat Gildarts. Though, the only way to tell the difference is by how they took on God Serena, which is a shitty way given the difference.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Gildarts, clearly. No reason to believe Natsu can beat Gildarts. Though, the only way to tell the difference is by how they took on God Serena, which is a shitty way given the difference.
Natsu has beaten stronger opponents than Gildarts has beaten. At this point the only scenarios in which Gildarts is even competitive with Natsu is if we make up a bunch of reasons why half of Natsu's feats can't be used, and downplay all his opponents.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Natsu has beaten stronger opponents than Gildarts has beaten. At this point the only scenarios in which Gildarts is even competitive with Natsu is if we make up a bunch of reasons why half of Natsu's feats can't be used.
Who are those opponents? The only one I know of is Zeref. Bluenote would have been a decent measuring stick, but neither men went all out against him. But if we assume Gildarts stayed at the same strength, then maybe Natsu might win... but whenever we see them fight Natsu usually ends up losing.

Though he did manage to push Gildarts back in one of those filler chapters.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Who are those opponents? The only one I know of is Zeref. Bluenote would have been a decent measuring stick, but neither men went all out against him. But if we assume Gildarts stayed at the same strength, then maybe Natsu might win... but whenever we see them fight Natsu usually ends up losing.

Though he did manage to push Gildarts back in one of those filler chapters.
Natsu oneshotted Bluenote. Gildarts was exhausted after fighting Bluenote, and it wasn't a oneshot. I'm willing to overlook this and just assume that Gildarts got stronger over the timeskip. This still doesn't change the fact that the only opponent that Gildarts beat was a historia of God Serena. The historia are Neinhart's magic, and Neinhart was enchanted with powers that surpassed his own magic. This meant Neinhart is stronger than his Historia, and obviously Natsu beat Neinhart.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Didn't Gildarts get exhausted because Erza's opponent took away magic? Once they got the ability to use magic back, Gildarts proceeded to wreck Bluenote. But Gildarts has better feat against August than virtually anyone else as he (with Cana, even) didn't go down quickly. Natsu however wasn't able to hurt Zeref much until Lucy's BS, which saved him from dying against Zeref.

And I'd consider August to be superior to Neinhart, even.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Unfortunately natsu wins with or without POF DF natsu alone beats gildartz. But with POF base natsu causally oneshots him
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Going with Natsu. Hiro has been constantly shoving it in our faces since the start of the arc that Natsu is stupidly OP. Like think about this for a second: Gildarts' best feat this arc is one shotting a half dead Spriggan while Natsu (without guild power bs) has one shotted two alive Spriggans (one that was enhanced) and temporarily vaporized Zeref. I know people usually just write this off as instead of Natsu being strong it's his opponents that are weak. Zeref is NOT weak. I've lost all respect for Natsu after the Zeref fight and regard him as one of the most cliched protagonists ever, but I'm not letting this overcloud my judgement. This is the end of the series. Natsu's power up was bullshit to the max, but it's usually around this time when protags start surpassing all their friends.
Except him one shorting nienhart was pof

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Didn't Gildarts get exhausted because Erza's opponent took away magic? Once they got the ability to use magic back, Gildarts proceeded to wreck Bluenote. But Gildarts has better feat against August than virtually anyone else as he (with Cana, even) didn't go down quickly. Natsu however wasn't able to hurt Zeref much until Lucy's BS, which saved him from dying against Zeref.

And I'd consider August to be superior to Neinhart, even.
Azuma took away their magic power, but their powers returned after he was defeated. Gildarts was exhausted after fighting Bluenote, which was after his power was returned to him. Gildarts did better against August because he figured out August's vulnerabilities, and had an arm that can take advantage of it. Without his arm, Gildarts would be just as helpless as any other opponent August has faced. Either way, Gildarts did not actually managed to defeat August. Natsu would have probably beaten Zeref with dragon force if Zeref didn't have Fairy Heart. Demolition Fist was able to break down Zeref's body, which Zeref only survived because Fairy Heart can reverse time.

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
Unfortunately natsu wins with or without POF DF natsu alone beats gildartz. But with POF base natsu causally oneshots him
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Except him one shorting nienhart was pof
How was it PoF? Neinhart couldn't even take an attack from half-drowned Jellal, so someone like Natsu should be able to take him out no problem.
I hate Natsu
:8C
you're dead to me

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Easy win for the strongest mage of Fairy Tail, Natsu.
Only way Gildarts stands a chance is comic relief.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Last edited:

rali56

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Base Natsu demolishes Gildarts it's not even funny.

randimari

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't mind personally Natsu but he has gotten too powerful... however he easily takes this one. Gildarts is so overrated. :cheez

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fairy Heart Zeref is all hype and no feats, also correct me if I'm wrong but PoF and plot convenience are banned in this tournament right? If that's the case then all I see is Natsu attacking and Gildarts crashing his attacks, possibly crashing Natsu's body and winning the fight in the end, or hitting him with a few Empyrean blows and crippling him.

Orgastthemage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I have a serious dislike for Natsu's character development(power and personality development) due to how infeasible the power jump was, and due to his light attitude when concerned about the war. I know, it's one of his quirks to make situations lighter for comic relief purposes and because of FT's warm, light theme, but it just doesn't sit right with me that we didn't get any persona developments with Natsu.

That aside, DF Natsu does win against Gildarts. I still see Natsu as capable of defeating any mage from Ishgar in his DF mode.

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
one good thing is that everyone sees Natsu as pure BS now.

Fairy Heart Zeref is all hype and no feats, also correct me if I'm wrong but PoF and plot convenience are banned in this tournament right? If that's the case then all I see is Natsu attacking and Gildarts crashing his attacks, possibly crashing Natsu's body and winning the fight in the end, or hitting him with a few Empyrean blows and crippling him.
well, if that's banned then Gildarts no diffs.

though I guess he wins because he vaporized someone who almost fell asleep.

Junior

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I detest Natsu.

But I can't see Gildarts, an undeniable badass, prevailing against how broken Natsu is.

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hmm, this is actually an interesting match. Gildarts is definetly one of the strongest. However, Natsu takes this.
Gildarts is definetly higher than Natsu in base or even in FDKM. If Natsu would remain in base(Not the chapter 536 "base"), then Gildarts could pretty much stomp him. Even with FDKM, Gildarts would win medium difficulty.
However the changing factor is DF. While we don't know how powerful is he exactly in DF, we know that if he pulls out a FDK spell in this mode, he will be able to vaporize Gildarts. Completely. This will leave Natsu powerless at the end, but Gildarts will be defeated.
So in short, this battle will be really hard. Natsu will have to pull out his "ace" to win this.
Obviously, I won't use Natsu's "Power of the Guild". That power is insanely strong, but it's definetly not something he can normally do. This power most likely has something to do with Lucy rewriting Natsu's book. I hope Hiro explains it at long last, so that people can finally stop calling Natsu with this mode "base".

P.S
It's so funny. Last tournament, Natsu won despite being weaker than the others. However in this tournament, it's completely different. People will vote against Natsu just because of their hatred of the character.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
It's so funny. Last tournament, Natsu won despite being weaker than the others. However in this tournament, it's completely different. People will vote against Natsu just because of their hatred of the character.
Natsu feats last tournament were superior than anyone that's why he won. The ppl who bitch and moan about his powers are the same haters of the last tournament just some new haters joined no big change whatsoever bias and hatred won't impact the results unless you're a mad hater who create dupes to vote against a certain character but mods can tell who is dupe and who isn't so that won't impact the final result either.
Base Natsu loses.
BDKM high diffs.
DF Natsu oneshots.
POF base Natsu deletes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.