Quarterfinal - Natsu vs Gildarts | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Natsu vs Gildarts

Who wins this quarterfinal round?

• Natsu

Votes: 48 50.0%
  • Gildarts

Votes: 48 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
It didn't kill natsu for two reason
Universe one
Natsu being able to negate this attack(not all but a little at least)
Without universe one natsu would've been almost unconsious..i can assure you that.
August was not even serious..
And natsu is not stronger than gildarts he can't go df like that..so without df he loses this
Universe One happened after August's nuke. With or without Universe One, the fact that we actually saw the attack engulf them meant that they were hit by the full attack. They survived because it was a heat spell and Natsu can negate (to a degree) heat magic. Either way, melt was stronger than any of the nukes August used against other people. None of those other people have died yet. I'm not saying Natsu would beat August. But this idea that a random nuke from August would outright kill Natsu is just silly.

Ice devil slayer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Meh natsu would still be insanely hurted at the end and yeah we both know that natsu can't beat august but the point is that gildarts is stronger than him like natsu did beat the crap out of base zeref(i'll give him that even though base zeref was not impressive) but Gilly can do the same to base zeref..and after that Pof natsu beats Fh zeref(one of the bs things to ever happen in ft) so without pof
Gildarts>natsu(high difficulty) lets agree to disagree

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
On what grounds are we claiming that Gildarts is stronger than Natsu? Honestly, does he have a single feat this arc that rivals any of Natsu's? He beat up a Historia Spriggan and wasn't able to land any significant damage on August. We have seen DF Natsu literally vaporize Zeref's body. Not a single one of Gildarts' feats even comes close to this.

Gildarts can crash Natsu's ranged attacks, sure. But I fail to see how exactly he is supposed to crash Natsu punching him in the face. And he hasn't had a single offensive feat this arc to suggest he's able to take Natsu down either. Natsu should win this high-diff.

Tempus Fugit

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Based on what I saw in the manga, I vote for Natsu.
Although, I think the difference would be meager.

(⌐■_■)

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Natsu One shots tbh
Those day where Gildarts was an unmatchable beast are over.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Going by manga facts?
Natsu takes this handedly, dragon force / FDKM is just too overehelming

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Natsu. DF gives him the big edge.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Gildarts, he's the strongest guy in the guild. Dont have access to the CR translations anymore, but i remember seeing it somewhere in the August fight maybe ch525
Anyway, he cubes Natsu, its faster and takes less effort than DF Demolition Fist, which exhausts Natsu and is perfectly dodge-able.

Last edited:

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Natsu has never managed to "vaporise" anybody no matter his bloodthirstiness.
967 Alavarez soldiers say hello. Natsu has vaporized people before and vaporized Zeref in DF.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
967 Alavarez fodder say hello.
Okey.

None of Natsu's feats beyond FDKM are valid here imo. PoF is what he used as his power source against FH Zeref.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Okey.

None of Natsu's feats beyond FDKM are valid here imo. PoF is what he used as his power source against FH Zeref.
He used DF when he vaporized Zeref...and his powers have been since the beginning of the manga to be amped based off his emotions so his feats from the Zeref battle are legit. If Natsu's bloodlusted he's murdering Gildarts. Gildarts is not Natsu's level.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Okey.

Only for flames of savage emotion. His feats in Dragon Force were not done with PoF.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
But why do you assume that Gildarts or any potential opponent would just stand there? People do doge, at least mages as skilled as Gildarts. Natsu has a thing for stationary targets :heh

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
Going with Natsu. Hiro has been constantly shoving it in our faces since the start of the arc that Natsu is stupidly OP. Like think about this for a second: Gildarts' best feat this arc is one shotting a half dead Spriggan while Natsu (without guild power bs) has one shotted two alive Spriggans (one that was enhanced) and temporarily vaporized Zeref. I know people usually just write this off as instead of Natsu being strong it's his opponents that are weak. Zeref is NOT weak. I've lost all respect for Natsu after the Zeref fight and regard him as one of the most cliched protagonists ever, but I'm not letting this overcloud my judgement. This is the end of the series. Natsu's power up was bullshit to the max, but it's usually around this time when protags start surpassing all their friends.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll give this one to Natsu.

In the previous tournament, I voted Gildartz. But things have changed since then. So at the point, I agree that Natsu has a better chance of winning.

Ice Hunter

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Ah this is a difficult option to choose, going by feat Natsu can beat anyone in FT after he beat a god with infinite magic power so easily...
but Natsu win because of PoF, so without PoF Gildart would win this... because he is more trained, experienced, wise, and smarter than Natsu

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Natsu needed PoF to beat Zeref with Fairy Heart. Fairy Heart is an infinite amount of magical power that lets Zeref control space and time. Natsu doesn't need PoF for Dragon Force, and Zeref can't reverse time without Fairy Heart. DF Natsu would have beaten Zeref without Fairy Heart.

But why do you assume that Gildarts or any potential opponent would just stand there? People do doge, at least mages as skilled as Gildarts. Natsu has a thing for stationary targets :heh
Natsu can dodge too. Natsu can just try to clash fists with Gildarts. Just wait until Gildarts commits to an attack like Empyrean, and then throw Demolition Fist at the exact same time. Plus Natsu isn't slow either.

Last edited:

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Going with Natsu. Hiro has been constantly shoving it in our faces since the start of the arc that Natsu is stupidly OP. Like think about this for a second: Gildarts' best feat this arc is one shotting a half dead Spriggan while Natsu (without guild power bs) has one shotted two alive Spriggans (one that was enhanced) and temporarily vaporized Zeref. I know people usually just write this off as instead of Natsu being strong it's his opponents that are weak. Zeref is NOT weak. I've lost all respect for Natsu after the Zeref fight and regard him as one of the most cliched protagonists ever, but I'm not letting this overcloud my judgement. This is the end of the series. Natsu's power up was bullshit to the max, but it's usually around this time when protags start surpassing all their friends.
Changing my vote, basically this lol. I hate Natsu (sorry @Daniel9dsi :emocat) but it's been shoved in our faces too many times that he's OP right now and will win against anyone sadly lol (bar Acnologia and August imo).

Status
Not open for further replies.