Quarterfinal - Natsu vs Gildarts | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Natsu vs Gildarts

Who wins this quarterfinal round?

• Natsu

Votes: 48 50.0%
  • Gildarts

Votes: 48 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I've settled on Natsu, and it really shouldn't have taken that long. Dragon Force is better than anything Gildarts has.

Natsu wins with high difficulty, and that's being generous to Gildarts because he has Ace of the guild portrayal... and stayed on his feet for quite a while against August (albeit a PiS August who couldn't stop yapping about no love...)

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
P.S
It's so funny. Last tournament, Natsu won despite being weaker than the others. However in this tournament, it's completely different. People will vote against Natsu just because of their hatred of the character.
Isn't that being a little narrowminded? Now, while I don't deny the fact that some people here obviously dislike Natsu (tbh, after he pulled that nonsensical bullshit against Zeref, he's now my least favorite character in the series, but thats besides the point), you can't deny there are others who just don't see a winning argument for Natsu here.
You can't just say everyone who voted Gildarts is doing so because they hate Natsu. That's being unbelievably petty and just asking in a round about way that everyone votes for Natsu :notrust

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
The arguemwnts for this battle make far more sense thatn the Laxus vs Zeref battle.you can successfully argue Gildartz being stronger due to the nature of his magic.

This one is natsu's win, extremely extremely difficult

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Isn't that being a little narrowminded? Now, while I don't deny the fact that some people here obviously dislike Natsu (tbh, after he pulled that nonsensical bullshit against Zeref, he's now my least favorite character in the series, but thats besides the point), you can't deny there are others who just don't see a winning argument for Natsu here.
You can't just say everyone who voted Gildarts is doing so because they hate Natsu. That's being unbelievably petty and just asking in a round about way that everyone votes for Natsu :notrust
When I said that I didn't mean everyone. And no, I don't really mind if people vote for Gildarts. There are a ton of people who actually use logic/feats and actually think Gildarts is winning. It's just that a lot of people right now vote against Natsu just because of personal bias. Not everyone, but quite a number of people nonetheless. And it's not that I find people thinking that Gildarts is stronger bullshit. I disagree with it, but it doesn't make my opinion the right one. It's just that I find it bad when people vote against a character just because of personal bias.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
@Emperor Spriggan are you by any means talking about me :3c

When I said that I didn't mean everyone. And no, I don't really mind if people vote for Gildarts. There are a ton of people who actually use logic/feats and actually think Gildarts is winning. It's just that a lot of people right now vote against Natsu just because of personal bias. Not everyone, but quite a number of people nonetheless. And it's not that I find people thinking that Gildarts is stronger bullshit. I disagree with it, but it doesn't make my opinion the right one. It's just that I find it bad when people vote against a character just because of personal bias.
well, at least I admit my BS.

last year was unfair so I vote against him this year.

it doesn't take a genius to realize that Natsu one shots anyone, maybe even Acnologia.

I will just vote for Gildarts and one of the reasons is because of the last year.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah "savage dragon fire" sounds cool and all but defeating Zeref with it was corny. Still, it's the end of series and with no more Acnologia Natsu is pretty much the strongest alive wizard in the series. I disliked the ending to the fight as much anyone but my guy too op now. DF Natsu one shots him easily

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
How was it PoF? Neinhart couldn't even take an attack from half-drowned Jellal, so someone like Natsu should be able to take him out no problem.

:8C
you're dead to me
that not the problem i think natsu would have beaten him regardless but with 2 causal punches??? that is obviously POF unless ur saying base natsu causal punches=GC

Boomburst

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
that not the problem i think natsu would have beaten him regardless but with 2 causal punches??? that is obviously POF unless ur saying base natsu causal punches=GC
This is assuming that Grand Chariot was the bare minimum required to take out Neinhart. If Grand Chariot had ended being overkill two of Natsu's punches wouldn't have to equal GC in order to beat Neinhart.

But even if it wasn't, is it really that ridiculous? Natsu's base punches are pretty strong going by feats. What feats do GC have that make it a top tier spell?

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is assuming that Grand Chariot was the bare minimum required to take out Neinhart. If Grand Chariot had ended being overkill two of Natsu's punches wouldn't have to equal GC in order to beat Neinhart.

But even if it wasn't, is it really that ridiculous? Natsu's base punches are pretty strong going by feats. What feats do GC have that make it a top tier spell?
meh i reread the chapter nienhart is just plan weak i just think that he was just enchanted enough to probably stop haxs but he doesnt have any decent offensive feat so maybe jellal would have perform the same feat just might wanted to use GC for an overkill.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Azuma took away their magic power, but their powers returned after he was defeated. Gildarts was exhausted after fighting Bluenote, which was after his power was returned to him. Gildarts did better against August because he figured out August's vulnerabilities, and had an arm that can take advantage of it. Without his arm, Gildarts would be just as helpless as any other opponent August has faced. Either way, Gildarts did not actually managed to defeat August. Natsu would have probably beaten Zeref with dragon force if Zeref didn't have Fairy Heart. Demolition Fist was able to break down Zeref's body, which Zeref only survived because Fairy Heart can reverse time.
If I remember correctly, that was due to fighting Bluenote without power, no? Gildarts was at a disadvantage, but once he had his power back and was more serious, he stomped Bluenote. And what's to stop Gildarts from cuberizing Natsu like he tried to do to August?

And we don't know if Zeref could have dodged or avoided the attack somehow. But it's possible dragon force could have helped Natsu win, although I doubt Zeref would have been as careless without FH.
It's so funny. Last tournament, Natsu won despite being weaker than the others. However in this tournament, it's completely different. People will vote against Natsu just because of their hatred of the character.
SO basically, Natsu won the last tournament because of fanboyism, but his fans are angry that some are voting against him because they don't like him? Hypocrisy.

Though, most voters here stated although they hate Natsu, they're still voting for him. Seems two or three are only hate-voting against Natsu.

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
If I remember correctly, that was due to fighting Bluenote without power, no? Gildarts was at a disadvantage, but once he had his power back and was more serious, he stomped Bluenote. And what's to stop Gildarts from cuberizing Natsu like he tried to do to August?

And we don't know if Zeref could have dodged or avoided the attack somehow. But it's possible dragon force could have helped Natsu win, although I doubt Zeref would have been as careless without FH.

SO basically, Natsu won the last tournament because of fanboyism, but his fans are angry that some are voting against him because they don't like him? Hypocrisy.

Though, most voters here stated although they hate Natsu, they're still voting for him. Seems two or three are only hate-voting against Natsu.
Not necessarily hypocrisy because it's your own opinion that Natsu won the last tournament due to fanboyism. We have no evidence that people voted for Natsu to win last tournament despite not actually believing he was capable of doing so. The same can't be said for the contrary.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
And yet Natsu won the last tournament, and people have confessed to voting for him despite not liking him. And the evidence doesn't always have to be staring at you right in the face to know that the votes could be more due to fandom or hatred than out of belief the character would win or lose.

I actually don't understand how Gildarts' crash works or would work against Natsu's magic, now that I think about it.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Natsu as we just saw him? I would argue he instantly and easily defeats gildarts. Natsu's latest feat is to defeat fairy heart zeref. Basically the strongest mage after being given actual, verifiable, infinite power. Natsu could be looking exactly away from gildarts, sneeze, and the sneeze would circle the globe and it would immediately end gildarts. I mean, his sneezing game was insane to begin with. Well, that is not literally a sneeze but it is still pretty darn impressive. Natsu has more than infinite power in any case so his actual sneeze ought to be well more dangerous than that. To add to that, gildart's greatest feat is to defeat a maimed, actually dead, serena. That's... easily something to scoff at.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I cant believe that you guys have to take it this far. Gilly doesnt even to use crash. Owh if he does, natsu becomes nata de coco
I give gildarts high diff (with some courtesy of mine of course). Not to mention his magic cant be eaten by the likes of acnologia. And of course he oneshotted the strongest man in ishgar, who wielded the power of 8 dragons ,whose magical power was greatly reduced, but not physical strength.

#allhailempyreanpunch

Last edited by a moderator:

Kay3795

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Natsu's potent flames resist & burn magic, even the highest or most complex in nature. He'll resist & burn Gildarts magic power & one-shot him like a worthless fodder.

Reactions: Jko

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Zeref got infinite magic and control over space and time. However, I don't have any reason to believe this made him incredibly more powerful than he was. Natsu was simply able to let off a bigger attack than Zeref could in their encounter. Basically Natsu's attack potency is greater than Zerefs. Zeref did not even become more durable. We saw this when he was hit and obliterated the first time. That wouldve been impossible if Zeref had been significantly boosted. And in retrospect, that last attack simply meant Natsu damage output is greater than Zerefs. Since Zerefs durability did not increase, and neither did his attack potency, he could be defeated if he got hit by attacks strong enough to overcome his durability and endurance. It isn't that farfetched TBH, granted the fight wasn't exactly sensible, but it isn't an absolute impossibility.

Basically, what I'm saying is that Natsu seems to have the highest attack potency after acnologia (maybe August is in there too). But then, things would have gone differently if Zeref hadn't attempted to go head to head with Natsu at the last moment. I have no reason to believe either Natsu or Zeref are beasts in CQC. At least not to unnatural levels where they can't be matched. And neither of then will easily obliterate enemies in a battle Imo. They both have KO attacks, but so do a lot of characters. Heck the guild was able to withstand these two fighting for extensive periods of time. So Gildarts is strong enough to fight with Natsu and withstand majority of His attacks. We saw Zeref punch a hole through Natsu after all..

Status
Not open for further replies.