Semifinal - Natsu vs August | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Natsu vs August

Who wins this SF battle?

• Natsu Dragneel

• August

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Seven777 We'll just have to agree to disagree. We are just going in circles and it's not like our opinions matter tbh lol. This tournament is more about popularity anyways, and pretty sure everyone who voted is not swaying their decisions. Sorry if I was harsh or aggressive in our debate lol .

Enima

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
No what we got from this is he can't copy holder or concrete material. It's why we all agreed something like weapons, transformations, armor he can't copy cause it's concrete. So in truth a DSM-infused sword Erza used to slash Dragon Irene would be able to harm August and I'm perfectly fine with that.
It was a holder version of Crash, just like Erza's Wind God Armor is a holder version of Wind Magic. August can copy non-holder magic and since DS magic is non-holder he can copy it too.
Fairy Glitter is more special than any lost magic.
Fair enough. But Fairy glitter isn't special, I can't think of a single impressive thing done by Fairy glitter.

Then August wouldn't be able to copy Irene and God Serena, Irene uses a staff and God S has a dragon lacrima as the source of his power, both are concrete material.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
If true he can't copy God Serena's lacrima God Serena would have the advantage. But still is iffy. Being a 2nd gen is everything a regular dragon slayer is except DF. Don't see why he couldn't copy it but it's a topic for another day

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
August pretty much won so I'm going with him.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
August without a doubt. I'll give Natsu the benefit of doubt and say high difficulty, but August. Hope Natsu shows something to prove us wrong, but as in relation to August. beating Zeref doesn't do it for me, and probably even beating Acnologia.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
That doesn't matter becuase POF define all logic he somehow burns thru his copying magic thru his emotions of the guild that's the point. POF doesn't have to make sense it's a BS power up that plot. By ur logic august>FH zeref
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

But that's the problem all he has to do is think about his friends and the POF comes out and oneshot him
Natsu gets killed by August long before he can pull out "wild emotions" . It took several emotional catalysts and 13 chapters before Natsu's POF reached that level. If he could start a fight with "Wild emotions" then Zeref would have gotten one shotted 15 chapters ago.
Doesn't matter just like the plot he didn't activate for the get go. This is a tournament once he thinks it's a wrap
--- Double Post Merged, ---
you know, this is similar to Natsu vs God Serena last year when God Serena cannot eat Natsu' flames because he didn't show he can eat fire despite the fact that he is also a fire DS :epicfacepalm

not to mention he cannot eat it because Natsu' flames are too hot for GS to eat

this shit is the same.

August nullifies his fire attacks and stomps him with a couple of his already copied magic (Jellal, Cobra, Midnight, Cana, GILDARTS).
I hate this Filp flop debate with ppl now natsu can't beat august but he oneshots FH zeref? I thought zeref>august right? Y'all need to make up ur mind and stick with the logic that yall keep bring up.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
If we don't consider deux ex machina, then there's no way FH Zeref could have been one-shotted when he was able to dodge powered-up Natsu's attack. And it is possible for Natsu to beat Zeref but lose to AUgust.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
If we don't consider deux ex machina, then there's no way FH Zeref could have been one-shotted when he was able to dodge powered-up Natsu's attack. And it is possible for Natsu to beat Zeref but lose to AUgust.
Plz explain that to me. Becuase POF natsu no diff any1 I mean ANY1 unless that is taken off in the tournament than that's a diff thing. Proof that august can stop POF base natsu

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
August will PoFed because he'll want to meet Mavis and be accepted by Zeref for beating Natsu, thus his power will rise exponentially. It already beat PoF Natsu's powers, so imagine PoF August.

Solitrine

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Natsu figures out none of his magic is working then takes the fight to CQC where he can't even touch August due to Meteor and his already crazy reaction speed. But since both are fighting to win, Natsu gets instantly mauled by continuous nukes from August.

Don't see a way August doesn't win.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
(pls don't kill me)
Sorry if this comes across as me being aggressive, but there's just a couple of points I'm curious about.
- It's true that August can reflect Natsu's magic, but as he stated after Universe One, Natsu can negate (counter) the reflected magic
- Not to mention that as a dragon slayer he is immune to all magic August reflects on him (as illustrated by Serena attacking Natsu)
I get Natsu countering Melt (though even then it would probs do some damage to him), but how is he going to counter August's other spells? As far as I can remember, Melt is August's only heat based attack.
- And this also means Natsu can eat that fire to recover energy, meaning August is screwed if he tries to block Natsu's attacks
That would only happen once though, if August throws out Melt and realizes that Natsu is incredibly heat/fire resistant/can eat fire, why would he keep using fire magic? Especially since he's got plenty of other spells that (while not on the level of Melt) are impressive in their own right.
- This means August has to rely on the few extra crappy magics he knows, like the rip-off meteor or his magic bullets
Why are they crappy? O_o

Keep in mind that August solo'd Jellal, Cobra, Racer, Midnight and Hoteye with their own magic. Not to mention that his Meteor effortlessly blitzed Gildarts and Cana. And while not 100% canon, August should at least have a couple of Heavenly Body magic spells (not Sema though) since Jellal said that no matter what they tried they couldn't gain any ground. Again though, that last bit is just my speculation.

Also keep in mind that since August retains the magic he copies (him using Meteor is basically proof of this) he could theoretically be:

- Slowing Natsu's perceptions (this is really brutal since he could just go Meteor at the same time and blitz Natsu into oblivion)
- Reading his thoughts
- Putting him into illusions (again, pretty brutal since he could just put him in an illusion and spam nukes)
- Bending his fire magic away via Reflector (though he doesn't need to)
- Liquidating the ground Natsu's standing on

I just don't see how Natsu deals with any of this.
- Natsu can still however fight without his magic, as illustrated in previous fights with magic negating users such as Yuka
The problem here is that August is amazingly skilled in CQC too, and unlike Natsu he can also use his magic whenever he wants. I'm not trying to say that Natsu isn't strong (he's top-tier in DF, one of the strongest Ishgarians in FDKM, and is apparently > DF Natsu in base (seems legit)), but he's going against a character that is absurdly broken.

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Plz explain that to me. Becuase POF natsu no diff any1 I mean ANY1 unless that is taken off in the tournament than that's a diff thing. Proof that august can stop POF base natsu
yeah August is apparently strong enough to even nullify Tenrou Roar:oooh:oooh

Natsu---->August

Invel > Zeref

Reaction score
Country
United States
If August isn't plagued by PIS, how does Natsu even stand a chance? POF won't mean anything if August blitzes Natsu with meteor, uses crash to turn him into pieces, and uses his magic beam (that he used to blow a hole in Mirajane) to destroy the pieces as soon as the fight starts. Natsu gets killed before he even has a chance to say the word 'Nakama'

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
If August isn't plagued by PIS, how does Natsu even stand a chance? POF won't mean anything if August blitzes Natsu with meteor, uses crash to turn him into pieces, and uses his magic beam (that he used to blow a hole in Mirajane) to destroy the pieces as soon as the fight starts. Natsu gets killed before he even has a chance to say the word 'Nakama'
Except natsu can tank all this attacks u just mention and he wouldn't be in a bad shape as mirajane was when Irene was playing with her. He think nakama and oneshots @M3J sorry no made feats here never showed in the manga

DIABLOGIVI

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
There is no way natsu will lose he is the strongest all around character

sardinestunasalmon

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I voted for August. But if Natsu can activate DF as fast as Wendy, I can give it to him.

Although, how is August copying a DS magic?

sardinestunasalmon

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Because it's a Caster Magic, obviously.
Would that make August a DS as well? I think he can copy the technique, like a fire dragon roar for example. But would it have the same effect on a dragon like a real DS would? Because the thing that makes DS special is not the element, it's the dragon constitution of their body that makes them effective against a dragon.

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
After thinking about it, August may can copy DS Magic since Natsu done pretty much destroyed the dragon seed yet can still use his magic which must show that it's not really necessary to have them

Status
Not open for further replies.