Mangahelpers Body Improvement Club by Desin24 | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mangahelpers Body Improvement Club by Desin24

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Theeeeeee foooorce is strooooooonk within youuuuuuuuu

Sanity Check

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
You're welcome to join in with a pledge.

I pledge... *thinks hard*

This is hard. I have lots of things I thought of doing.

If its a real pledge it needs to be something new, something I didn't already plan to do.

K

I pledge to learn & practice all of the kata from Battle Angel Alita. Which is basically traditional chinese kung fu / tai chi afaik.

The closest anyone will ever get to panzer kunst.

:toc

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
OK Desu-sensei, sorry took so long to reply. This time I wanted to make sure to give the challange a good trial run, picking something suited for myself and achievable to not get wall of shame'd again so easily.

I pledge to do 30-45 min full body HIIT/pilates daily for four weeks, with a rest day after each six consecutive days of training.

Punishment: I will wear only Jojo avatar+sig sets for the rest of 2021 :bored (excluding MG or other avatar change required periods)

As mentioned before, I already did a headstart, so I am on week two day two now, meaning I should be finished on 31st January.

Last edited:

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
OK Desu-sensei, sorry took so long to reply. This time I wanted to make sure to give the challange a good trial run, picking something suited for myself and achievable to not get wall of shame'd again so easily.

I pledge to do 30-45 min full body HIIT/pilates daily for four weeks, with a rest day after each six consecutive days of training.

Punishment: I will wear only Jojo avatar+sig sets for the rest of 2021 :bored (excluding MG or other avatar change required periods)

As mentioned before, I already did a headstart, so I am on week two day two now, meaning I should be finished on 31st January.

Very nice. Not sure if that punishment is actually a punishment though. Are you insulting my set?

How's the HIIT/ Pilates going?

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Very nice. Not sure if that punishment is actually a punishment though. Are you insulting my set?

How's the HIIT/ Pilates going?
I am not haha, I think it looks neat, and the series has some interesting looking characters for sure, but I just cannot get into the series as a whole and the fanboyism around it is quite annoying to me to be frank, so it's more of a personal punishment. :XD

It's going good. So starting the third week now, but it got bit cold around here suddenly and I am wondering if I might not have catched a cold, because the nose started running a bit and feel like shivers running down my spin from time to time. Have turned up the heating, so hope will be nothing and that I dodge the bullet.

I will keep you updated.

Hbu? Testing Ice cold Danube waters yet?

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
I am not haha, I think it looks neat, and the series has some interesting looking characters for sure, but I just cannot get into the series as a whole and the fanboyism around it is quite annoying to me to be frank, so it's more of a personal punishment. :XD

It's going good. So starting the third week now, but it got bit cold around here suddenly and I am wondering if I might not have catched a cold, because the nose started running a bit and feel like shivers running down my spin from time to time. Have turned up the heating, so hope will be nothing and that I dodge the bullet.

I will keep you updated.

Hbu? Testing Ice cold Danube waters yet?
Yeah the thing with getting a cold atm is that catching it even while that lockdown is going on shows how fucking infectious the common cold is.

I'm still going strong atm. Since I got the negative result I can run outside and am not limited to fast paced walking a 10 meter line from the kitchen to the corner of my room and back for an hour :emocat .

The 40 mins are my minimum for rest days so I'd say it's going quite well atm. I also finally got my running shoes.

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I pledge that by 2nd of February I would have fixed my sleep schedule, i.e. sleeping no later than 23:00 and waking up no later than 7:00.

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
I pledge that by 2nd of February I would have fixed my sleep schedule, i.e. sleeping no later than 23:00 and waking up no later than 7:00.
Noice, that sounds like one of the toughest challenges here. I just finished "Why we sleep" by Matthew Walker. It's a fantastic book and great motivation to fix your sleep. Like geezus christ lack of sleep will fuck you up beyond belief.

PS:Not to be a stickler for the rules but the pledge must also have a punishment for if you do not fulfill it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Well, another week has gone by and this week had some considerable improvement (no pun intended). Finally getting fully healthy plus the sun shines more often which just supercharges everything.

I think I will need to add something else to my pledge because I am now quite far away from the challenge being a challenge anymore.

I'll add 2 daily rounds of

Squats and Pushups respectively. Definitely couldn't do the pull-up version but maybe I'll take that as my February goal.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I pledge... *thinks hard*

This is hard. I have lots of things I thought of doing.

If its a real pledge it needs to be something new, something I didn't already plan to do.

K

I pledge to learn & practice all of the kata from Battle Angel Alita. Which is basically traditional chinese kung fu / tai chi afaik.

The closest anyone will ever get to panzer kunst.

:toc
That looks like fun, the punches reminded of my wing chun days. How's that going? Also you need a punishment in your pledge as a consequence if you don't complete it.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
That looks like fun, the punches reminded of my wing chun days. How's that going? Also you need a punishment in your pledge as a consequence if you don't complete it.

Still working on it. Getting the motions & posture correct.

Wing chun chain punches afaik. I think some call it a sun punch, where the thumbs face upward.

If I can't get the form down to my satisfaction, my punishment will be trying to do the splits before 2021 ends.

:hurr

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
In between week three and four I made a 3 day break instead of 1. Just too tired with work overall and was bit hangover too. :bored
Will continue today, but probably do a bit of a punishment to make up for it.

So, today is the expiration of my deadline, hence time to review the performance.

I think I did pretty well developing a workout routine. It took a couple of days to find a platform I felt comfortable with. Between switching apps, and looking at different youtube chanels I managed to find some options that worked nicely with what I tried to achieve. During the challenge I invested some money into expanding my home equipment, which I have been using.

Truth be told though I did skip a couple of days in that I made longer rest periods over the weekend towards the end and reduced time one or two times as well, after a way too long day at work. Usually Decembers and Januaries are the worst months in my field of work, so that did impact it for sure, more than I could have liked to. Normally sports and exercise for me is a good distraction from work and a way to clear the head. But it just now happened that my working space at home is as well my exercise space, so that kind of was not that much the case unfortunately. Tiredness from work caried over and I felt like not having lot of motivation to move to the other side of the room and do more work. I feel like an outdoors challenge would have been much better.

But I think it was not a total fail as I went back into a rhythm of workout similar to last year in pre-corona times. I will continue and integrate it into my routine, but daily was sort of too much, in that there was sometimes not enough time to run other errands. I will continue with fewer but longer sessions.

Anyways, tl:dr mimimi, I cheated a bit, so will have to hold up to the other end of the pledge. As it was almost successful though, I think rest of the year (:bored) is overkill though, so hoping for some goodwill from the BIC pals. :XD

Last edited:

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Update on the my sleeping schedule: Good morning! Since Saturday night, I could adhere to my objectif, i.e. sleep before 23:00 and wake up before 7:00. In fact, just woke up 10 minutes ago, although with the help of an alarm clock. I'm positive I can do it tonight as well.

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
In between week three and four I made a 3 day break instead of 1. Just too tired with work overall and was bit hangover too. :bored
Will continue today, but probably do a bit of a punishment to make up for it.

So, today is the expiration of my deadline, hence time to review the performance.

I think I did pretty well developing a workout routine. It took a couple of days to find a platform I felt comfortable with. Between switching apps, and looking at different youtube chanels I managed to find some options that worked nicely with what I tried to achieve. During the challenge I invested some money into expanding my home equipment, which I have been using.

Truth be told though I did skip a couple of days in that I made longer rest periods over the weekend towards the end and reduced time one or two times as well, after a way too long day at work. Usually Decembers and Januaries are the worst months in my field of work, so that did impact it for sure, more than I could have liked to. Normally sports and exercise for me is a good distraction from work and a way to clear the head. But it just now happened that my working space at home is as well my exercise space, so that kind of was not that much the case unfortunately. Tiredness from work caried over and I felt like not having lot of motivation to move to the other side of the room and do more work. I feel like an outdoors challenge would have been much better.

But I think it was not a total fail as I went back into a rhythm of workout similar to last year in pre-corona times. I will continue and integrate it into my routine, but daily was sort of too much, in that there was sometimes not enough time to run other errands. I will continue with fewer but longer sessions.

Anyways, tl:dr mimimi, I cheated a bit, so will have to hold up to the other end of the pledge. As it was almost successful though, I think rest of the year (:bored) is overkill though, so hoping for some goodwill from the BIC pals. :XD
I think you mention a part that is maybe the hardest aspect of all of this. Trying to estimate a work/timeload that you can keep up every day of the following month. With time and experience, it's gonna be easier to assess what is a challenge and what is just not possible. To be honest I prefer setting the bar too high and failing, over setting the bar too low and making it too easy on yourself.

Pretty sure a month of Jojo sets is adequate for a bit of cheating during January.

Well, the month is over and I did not have to go take a dip in the icy Danube although I am a bit tempted to do it for the funsies.

The Bring Sally Up addition certainly made the challenge harder. Got quite sore by Day 5 but worse is the song being stuck in my head for hours!

Getting healthy and the sun coming out certainly helped to go a bit over time, so the 40 Minutes per day of elevated HR was rather low.
However, it made me neglect my rest/yoga sessions and I can certainly feel it. Got a rather unpleasant case of runner's knee so my challenge this month is implementing a more well-rounded training regimen and preparing my body for this lovely fella:

February Pledge
1. Gotta do at least one 30 min Yoga Session every day.
2. "HR Minute average" of 75 per day for the month of February
3. Alternate Bring Sally Up Squats and Pushups

PUNISHMENT (for me, a blessing for some others)
Not play any MG in 2021

@Evil3ye @uberfayt @Sanity Check @Brandish μ @Ramen

How's it going for you guys?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'm still figuring out how to prepare it (green tea) best. It tastes okay - coffee tastes better to me but tea feels better throughout the day.

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
First two weeks after starting the challenge were hell. Back then I was forcing myself to follow my new sleep schedule, so I would go to bed at 23:00, however I just remain awake for like 3 or 4 hours, then wake up with an alarm at 7:00 AM and pretty much fight the urge to sleep for the rest of the day (no coffee used, cuz I never drink any). Also, sometimes when I'm awake at night I did give in to the temptation to watch youtube vids and shit like that...

This went on until last week where my body seems to have found a good equilibrium. Now I fall asleep soon after going to bed, but I still need an alarm clock to wake me up at 7:00. So there is some progress.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
@Sanity Check

I'm attempting to grow health food.

List of everything I'm trying to grow atm. :hurr

-Garlic
-Turmeric
-Rice
-Einkorn wheat
-Mangos
-Avocado
-Mustard
-Sage
-Thyme
-Basil
-Pineapples
-Tomatos
-Cilantro

And whatever else I'm forgetting.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think you mention a part that is maybe the hardest aspect of all of this. Trying to estimate a work/timeload that you can keep up every day of the following month. With time and experience, it's gonna be easier to assess what is a challenge and what is just not possible. To be honest I prefer setting the bar too high and failing, over setting the bar too low and making it too easy on yourself.

Pretty sure a month of Jojo sets is adequate for a bit of cheating during January.

Well, the month is over and I did not have to go take a dip in the icy Danube although I am a bit tempted to do it for the funsies.

The Bring Sally Up addition certainly made the challenge harder. Got quite sore by Day 5 but worse is the song being stuck in my head for hours!

Getting healthy and the sun coming out certainly helped to go a bit over time, so the 40 Minutes per day of elevated HR was rather low.
However, it made me neglect my rest/yoga sessions and I can certainly feel it. Got a rather unpleasant case of runner's knee so my challenge this month is implementing a more well-rounded training regimen and preparing my body for this lovely fella:

February Pledge
1. Gotta do at least one 30 min Yoga Session every day.
2. "HR Minute average" of 75 per day for the month of February
3. Alternate Bring Sally Up Squats and Pushups

PUNISHMENT (for me, a blessing for some others)
Not play any MG in 2021

@Evil3ye @uberfayt @Sanity Check @Brandish μ @Ramen

I've lost a tremendous amount of weight so far.

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
I'm still figuring out how to prepare it (green tea) best. It tastes okay - coffee tastes better to me but tea feels better throughout the day.
Are you trying different brands or different techniques? As a Tea-noob, I only use the plebs' teabags. 4 minutes in 70-degree water and that's it. Pretty sure the resident tea aficionados would hit me for that.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Are you trying different brands or different techniques? As a Tea-noob, I only use the plebs' teabags. 4 minutes in 70-degree water and that's it. Pretty sure the resident tea aficionados would hit me for that.
I bought a tea set, and some tea leaves. I'm a proponent of changing one thing at a time, so I've been trying to get the amount of leaves right for my liking. Idk what I'll change next but there's a bit.

Teabags seem fine(?).