Mangahelpers Body Improvement Club by Desin24 | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mangahelpers Body Improvement Club by Desin24

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
First two weeks after starting the challenge were hell. Back then I was forcing myself to follow my new sleep schedule, so I would go to bed at 23:00, however I just remain awake for like 3 or 4 hours, then wake up with an alarm at 7:00 AM and pretty much fight the urge to sleep for the rest of the day (no coffee used, cuz I never drink any). Also, sometimes when I'm awake at night I did give in to the temptation to watch youtube vids and shit like that...

This went on until last week where my body seems to have found a good equilibrium. Now I fall asleep soon after going to bed, but I still need an alarm clock to wake me up at 7:00. So there is some progress.
Seems like you are getting your rhythm in check. Congrats on persevering through the "lying in bed trying to sleep for hours" phase. Do you use a normal alarm clock or one of those lovely light based ones?

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Seems like you are getting your rhythm in check. Congrats on persevering through the "lying in bed trying to sleep for hours" phase. Do you use a normal alarm clock or one of those lovely light based ones?
Thanks! I use a normal alarm. Didn't know about light based ones, imma check it out in good old google.

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Thanks! I use a normal alarm. Didn't know about light based ones, imma check it out in good old google.
They are pretty great but you gotta test them out for some time before you can use it reliably. Should be a lot healthier for your heart since it doesn't rip you out of deep sleep but simulates a natural waking up.

I've lost a tremendous amount of weight so far.
Sounds like goals are being accomplished. Do you follow a plan of a certain amount of lbs/kg per week loss or you just try to lose as much as possible?

I'm attempting to grow health food.

List of everything I'm trying to grow atm. :hurr

-Garlic
-Turmeric
-Rice
-Einkorn wheat
-Mangos
-Avocado
-Mustard
-Sage
-Thyme
-Basil
-Pineapples
-Tomatos
-Cilantro

And whatever else I'm forgetting.
Growing rice?

Why would you ever grow Cilantro though?

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Growing rice?

Why would you ever grow Cilantro though?

Cilantro for om nom nom health benefits. Detox. Etc.

There's a warm weather bred strain of cilantro called culantro which I might eventually be forced to switch to if things don't work out.

Growing rice is mostly to satisfy my curiosity and see how viable it is. There have long been concerns about mass market rice being contaminated with arsenic. If it were viable and if there were a palpable difference, I might eventually try to grow rice of my own.

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Cilantro for om nom nom health benefits. Detox. Etc.

There's a warm weather bred strain of cilantro called culantro which I might eventually be forced to switch to if things don't work out.

Growing rice is mostly to satisfy my curiosity and see how viable it is. There have long been concerns about mass market rice being contaminated with arsenic. If it were viable and if there were a palpable difference, I might eventually try to grow rice of my own.
I see. I asked about cilantro because I can't deal with the soapy taste no matter the recipe around it. Growing your own herbs is pretty badass, kudos to you.

I'm really curious how the rice would work out so keep us updated. Never even considered growing rice because of the climate and I suppose difficulty with the flooded fields.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'm really curious how the rice would work out so keep us updated. Never even considered growing rice because of the climate and I suppose difficulty with the flooded fields.

AFAIK rice can thrive under flood conditions, while weeds cannot.

Flooding is utilized as a means of weed control but isn't 100% necessary to growing rice which can be grown under relatively normalized conditions as other plants/grass.

I'll get around to rice eventually & try to update. I've heard its possible to buy brown rice in stores and get it to sprout and grow. Definitely will try that later too.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia

GOOD MORNING MOTHERFUCKERS!
It's your boy, finally making a pledge for the month of march! I've been on my own fitness journey for a while, and now I'm ready to make a pledge, even if it's not a huge one, into my day and work at getting fitter while I continue to lose weight and become an all-round healthier individual.

March Challenge
THE PLEDGE: Incorporate some Yoga into my day, 5 times a week minimum
THE PUNISHMENT: If I fail to meet my pledge, for April I will give up coffee (my wonderful Vanilla Lattes will be gone :emocat)

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
I think you mention a part that is maybe the hardest aspect of all of this. Trying to estimate a work/timeload that you can keep up every day of the following month. With time and experience, it's gonna be easier to assess what is a challenge and what is just not possible. To be honest I prefer setting the bar too high and failing, over setting the bar too low and making it too easy on yourself.

Pretty sure a month of Jojo sets is adequate for a bit of cheating during January.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Well, the month is over and I did not have to go take a dip in the icy Danube although I am a bit tempted to do it for the funsies.

The Bring Sally Up addition certainly made the challenge harder. Got quite sore by Day 5 but worse is the song being stuck in my head for hours!

Getting healthy and the sun coming out certainly helped to go a bit over time, so the 40 Minutes per day of elevated HR was rather low.
However, it made me neglect my rest/yoga sessions and I can certainly feel it. Got a rather unpleasant case of runner's knee so my challenge this month is implementing a more well-rounded training regimen and preparing my body for this lovely fella:

February Pledge
1. Gotta do at least one 30 min Yoga Session every day.
2. "HR Minute average" of 75 per day for the month of February
3. Alternate Bring Sally Up Squats and Pushups

PUNISHMENT (for me, a blessing for some others)
Not play any MG in 2021
Speaking of pledges. February is over and it was for sure the toughest pledge yet. I definitely underestimated the whole "average over 75" thing because one rest day of 20-30 HR minutes would mean I had to do some serious compensation. Yoga every day has become standard and I'm certainly continuing to do it. Still averaged 87 elevated Heartrate Minutes over the month.

Bring Sally Up caused some severe soreness, especially the push-ups and I had to modify often, especially in the beginning, to keep doing it for the whole song.

For March I got 2 projects:

MARCH PLEDGE
1. P90 X3 MASS program
HR Minute average of 75 per day for the month of March
3. Yoga every day

PUNISHMENT
Sing a song of your choice and post it

Also, today is the day for GOGGINS 4x4x48.

In 10 hours (8 pm) the whole endeavor starts. It's supposed to rain at least until tomorrow so that is gonna create a bit of extra suck. I did it last year as well with minimal preparation so I am actually looking forward to it this time. I just hope I will still have the energy to do the other daily tasks and of course not get injured.

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
This guy is hilarious. "The fucken boogeyman comes out at night time". Who is he?
He is a very peculiar dude. Was a navy seal and became known for being an absolute madman who pushes himself way over any human limits. He became an ultra marathon runner and ran a 100 miler before he ever ran a marathon. He also held the world record for most pull ups in 24 hours for some time.

Now he spends his time doing smoke jumping because it's a job that really sucks.

His book "Can't Hurt me" is a surprisingly touching and entertaining biography.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The 48 hours are up and all I can say is

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
So has anyone tried to escape (I mean leave) this interesting Body Improvement Club in the past?

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
So far it has been a story of growth and no one has left yet although I do miss @Evil3ye posting here a bit.
Awh, that sounds like a fairytale really. Perhaps Evil needs a little reminder to come back to this club

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Awh, that sounds like a fairytale really. Perhaps Evil needs a little reminder to come back to this club
Pretty sure his current workout consists of carrying the gigantic Pokemon Top 10 to the finish line.

This guy is hilarious. "The fucken boogeyman comes out at night time". Who is he?
Btw he decided to alternate different things to replace the run every 4 hours. One was 40 minutes of continuous Jumping Jacks or 40 minutes of pull-ups in sets of 5 :datass

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I had a draining beginning of the year at work, that just didn't stop, and the one week break in between January and February that i wanted to recover and chillex a bit became two weeks, then a month, and here we are again.

Even developed Back pain again from bad posture, so guys the learnings from this - each success is fragile. I plan to pull myself together and work something out by middle this month to kick off a healthy routine again starting this weekend.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
These last three days I decided to take care of myself better:

• Started taking cold shower again.
  • Drinking more water.
  • Much less sugar in my tea.
  • Daily workout(for now).
I think it's the first time in my life that I exercised consistently like that. Was just exhausted the first day, but I felt pretty good after it the next days :nod.

Planning to buy equipment next week. And tommorow I will establish a better routine with the help of someone more knowledgeable.

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
These last three days I decided to take care of myself better:

• Started taking cold shower again.
  • Drinking more water.
  • Much less sugar in my tea.
  • Daily workout(for now).
I think it's the first time in my life that I exercised consistently like that. Was just exhausted the first day, but I felt pretty good after it the next days :nod.

Planning to buy equipment next week. And tommorow I will establish a better routine with the help of someone more knowledgeable.
Sounds like you got a plan, which is half the work. Dope of you to join. Do you have some equipment in mind already?

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Sounds like you got a plan, which is half the work. Dope of you to join. Do you have some equipment in mind already?
Resistance bands, a punching bag, a jump rope(can't find the one I had) and better gym clothes.

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Resistance bands, a punching bag, a jump rope(can't find the one I had) and better gym clothes.
Nice, sounds like a bit of a boxing routine you wanna get into. I can only recommend power stands for push-ups and Kettlebells as they provide a lot of bang for your buck if you wanna expand your home gym.

I had a draining beginning of the year at work, that just didn't stop, and the one week break in between January and February that i wanted to recover and chillex a bit became two weeks, then a month, and here we are again.

Even developed Back pain again from bad posture, so guys the learnings from this - each success is fragile. I plan to pull myself together and work something out by middle this month to kick off a healthy routine again starting this weekend.
Did you get the gymnastics ball as an office chair?

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Did you get the gymnastics ball as an office chair?
I have not used it much as office chair. I find the bouncing bit distracting, and also the ball keeps deflating. I think I got a poor quality ball.