Discussion - About Aura Combat & How Nen Works | Page 34 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion About Aura Combat & How Nen Works

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
"As for potclean, it is emission. The distance bit you mention is specifically a property of emitters. And the nen works by imposing it on someone, yet another emitter trait. Kinda like kurapica's chain which he places on his enemy's heart, that is also emission. "

An emitter's limitations pertaining to distance/range isn't necessarily a conjurer's. A conjured object/creature can be left anywhere in the world regardless the distance and it'd be perfectly fine.

Ok, I admit I was disregarding Manipulation too much and was overthinking the "alive" factor of the Gorillas and Razer's nen Demons. It is the most logical route for them to use transmutation, emission, and manipulation to pull the summons off. And that the appearance of real monkeys are just there for the audience and not necessarily for the characters themselves, hence just nen shaped like monkeys due to transmutation.

But I have to make clear though, creating nen beasts is not an emitter ability, it is under Conjuration and Transmutation. In the case of Transmutation, it is just a hollow form, while Conjurations are actually real. And that the way Razer's demons act is just his pre-imposed commands through manipulations, like puppets.

In the case of pot clean, it may just be pre-set commands and not actually alive, so it'sstill a transmutation, emission combo. But Why the hell would an emitter choose that kind of hatsu though? I always though Knuckle was an enhancer, potclean doesn't suit an emitters hatsu.
A nen beast, by definition, can't be conjured. Conjuring is the act of using nen to create real physical things. Things that non nen users can see and interact with as if it was a normal object. With that in mind, a nen beast literally can only be emission. Of course, you can conjure a beast but it would be distinct from a nen beast. A nen beast is made out of nen and cannot be seen without nen. Which is the case with goreinu's and razor's nen beasts. A potentially conjured living being would be something like kite's nen however those are clearly not nen beasts. Because they are not made out of nen. They are conjured, they are nen that is turned into real physical objects or creatures. Or kastro's clone which is also not a nen anything but rather an actual thing normal people can see.

uberfayt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
A nen beast, by definition, can't be conjured.
I agree with your explanation above, but this sentence I quoted is incorrect. Remember that Abengane's beast was actually conjured, and it's in fact refered to as nen-beast.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Yes Abengane is the only one who uses Conjuration for a Nen beast so far.

In general transmutters are not good with emission, which no wonder since it's only at 60% efficiency for them. Togashi gave examples with Hisoka and Machi (check @Demonspeed 's post above). Sure with a lot of talent, training, and some strict conditions on the ability, transmutters could compensate for said weakness. Examples of such transmutters would be Zeno and Silva. Heck there are even Conjurers who have overcome the emission weakness (through conditions), such as Kurapika or Genthru.

Tbh, we can't know for sure if a conjured dragon would be bad or not, but it's not the problem at hand. Say that we want it through Emission. Now based on the given definition of Emission, how do we create a dragon such as Shenron, and not such as Zeno's? Or in general, how do we make a nen creature using Emission? This is my question.

The answer is we don't know, as it was never explained in the manga. I'm not intending by this that it's wrong to say Emission is the way to do it, I'm saying we cannot say with precision what must be used to create a nen-beast.

Oh and one more confusing thing ^^ : We know that Conjured items are real, but they can still be hidden by In, thus they are still considered aura, a bit of a contradiction here IMO...What's your take on this guys?
As I said, it depends. What would you do with that dragon? A Conjurer should be able to create a dragon who can breath fire with Conjuration/Transmutation combo, but the dragon would not not be good at long range. A way to make it obey to your orders would be necessary too.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I agree with your explanation above, but this sentence I quoted is incorrect. Remember that Abengane's beast was actually conjured, and it's in fact refered to as nen-beast.
I would argue the difference there is contextual. Clearly what abengane did is very different from what goreinu or razor do. His nen beast is a physical thing unlike theirs. Being a physical thing, it is not really made out of nen. Abengane's creature devours nen and it is the result of abengane's nen and the nen it devoured. Other nen beasts in turn are literally nen, they do not exist as physical things.

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
As I said, it depends. What would you do with that dragon? A Conjurer should be able to create a dragon who can breath fire with Conjuration/Transmutation combo, but the dragon would not not be good at long range. A way to make it obey to your orders would be necessary too.
That's quite accurate, more or less that would be the case. But we were talking about how to use emission in order to create a nen beast, for example a shenron-like dragon.

If I were to use transmutation only, I would train my aura shaping until it starts resembling a dragon. The result would be like Zeno's dragon, which is not what we want.

If I were to use conjuration only, I would concentrate daily on the image of a dragon, study it's properties by heart, memorize each scale of it's body, to the point of starting to dream about it or halucinate about its presence. I would finally get a living dragon (of course making him obey me is another story).

Now If I were to use Emission only to make my shenron-like dragon, then of course I'd start by training separating aura from my body...But then what? How to make that aura look like a dragon?

I would argue the difference there is contextual. Clearly what abengane did is very different from what goreinu or razor do. His nen beast is a physical thing unlike theirs. Being a physical thing, it is not really made out of nen. Abengane's creature devours nen and it is the result of abengane's nen and the nen it devoured. Other nen beasts in turn are literally nen, they do not exist as physical things.

I know there is a difference between abengane's conjured and Lazor's emitted beasts. What I'm getting at is that the term to refer to both different type of entities is still the same, which is nen beast. Hence we cannot say "nen beasts cannot be conjured". It's a small detail, but we love being rigourous ^^.

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
You have me an example of why you think Transmuters are weak with emission. Not exactly proof because it's not ever said. & ive given examples of Transmuters who can use it well...

Conjuration & Emission work differently as Hatsu....& just because a Hatsu has traits of manipulation or w/e away from the users main type. Doesn't mean their Hatsu shouldn't be that effective. Because it's only using a small part of that nen as a whole.

Knuckle's potclean is a emission hatsu where he has to hit you & then he starts this nen loaning game....He has to fulfill a few light conditions & then his nen game begins where your now stuck within his restrictions & conditions....He's not conjuring potclean & then attaching it to them leaving them stuck in a game..big difference.

Conjuration like Kite's weapons, or The Spider girl's vacuum. Are items, or objects you create out of nen, that you give specific usages, conditions & restrictions. Like Abagane He can conjure monsters to remove nen placed on something or someone..under the condition it takes time to digest it, blah blah blah. Kurotopi's conjured copy only last 24hrs but she can basically conjure a replica of anything.

The way emitters & Conjurers set up their Hatsu & function are just different.

howdydodah

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
@XXGenesis
The main concern we were trying to point out as, is that emission itself cannot create/shape nen objects, it can only if mastered well separate ones nen from ones body at a lengthy range.

We weren't concerned about the main Category it is accomplished as, i.e. Potclean, we're more concerned about the category that molds it's shape.

Besides Potclean really screams Conjuration to me, but I'll let it slide as transmutation for now.

Whatever beast that is conjured is still considered nen-beast, well to me though, because it's created from nen, it still has an addittive of nen properties, it can be shrouded with IN therefore turn invisible, it can be manipulated, and can use abilities depending on the conjurer. But of course, maybe you are right with the technicalities, but it's never really explained well, so IMO I can call it a nen beast still even if it is from Conjuration.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
I don't understand what you are forming your opinions on. I personally believe you are dissecting into the supernatural power of nen to deep. Nen training with biscuit shows us how nen users can train in the different applications of nen....Hatsu is something that gives form & shape to your power. It is literally your will & likewise personality that forms it.

Netero's Hatsu takes the shape of a 100 hand bhuddavista . In Parralell of his enlightenment of Nen mastery, martial arts & spirituality. He basically had a perfect Hatsu to suit him. As for his Hatsu's mechanics while attacking, Yes he uses manipulation nen. The image, color, shape doesn't matter...yes maybe transmutation nen is used for such who cares....The hatsu is primarily Emission & manipulation

Potclean is an emission hatsu with manipulation involved. Emission & Manipulation go hand in hand. These are facts, refute them if you want.

howdydodah

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
That's where you got it wrong. Hatsu by simple definition, is yes as you stated nen taking form. But the "taking form" aspect falls under Transmutation and Conjuration. It literally cannot apply to everything else except Specialization.

It's quite a brilliant system, which I know we all have come to acknowledge.

If you want your nen to have it's own space and not lose power you call upon emission, to take form and have properties calls for transmutation, to be a real world object and have dependency all together is conjuration, enhancement of ones natural abilities goes to reinforcement, and taking control or imbuing nen to an object u go to manipulation, everything else is specialization.

A user takes into consideration all this things in order to form his hatsu.
I.e. the best example would be Silva and Ging.
Silva a transmuter uses a variety of categories at his disposal, Can fire emitter balls that seems to be more powerful than Razers, can reinforce Punch a hole in the ground that's about 1/4 of Uvon's, all while keeping his hatsu secret.

Now Ging on the other hand, uses his technical knowledge of nen to form a certain hatsu on a whim, he reinforces his hands with ryu, punches then emits his force unto the cave wall, manipulating it's properties to enable his nen to go through it and finally hit the target.

Well actually the best example would be genthru a conjurer, using countdown hatsu to conjure bombs on touch, manipulates his bombs in order to activate or deactivate it . And has his h2h combat mode in flower, specializing on Reinforcement and Transmutation. The guy's a genius.
Note: I don't think Emission is a part of his countdown hatsu, because conjuration alone covers the range/distance of the conjured objects. Or maybe he needs emission as well to keep his bombs at a certain damage/explosion level.

Every nen action can be dissected to it's baser form, given the information we have.

That's why the need for us to properly call every aspect of a hatsu, i.e. Nen beasts, Gorillas, and Razer demons and finally HK.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Howdydodah, your entitled to believe what you will. Reading your post I see you digest info from HXH in your own way.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I reread details of what had been said about Nen training and my thoughts are the same: Transmutation is unneeded for Nen beasts.

First, let's see Gon's first attempt at emitting aura

The goal is shapeshifting, not to give a fixed shape to your Nen. Why am I precising this? Because of what happens next.

He needed to be able to keep his Nen ball like that for 1 minute.

Now this is the most important part

It's explained that the better you are at Ten, the longer you can keep your Aura out of your body, and Ren helps to project it. But do you see what Biscuit says before that? That he needs to maintain the shape he gave to his emitted aura. This is pure Emission training and it's clearly mentioned that the shape he gave his aura must be maintained. Giving a definite shape to your aura is not Transmutation, it becomes Transmutation when you need to change its shape. That's what makes Transmutation different here and shapeshifting is not important for all Transmutation abilities(Killua for example, Transmutation basically mimics the properties of something else, it is not really about giving shapeshifting).

Hisoka's Bungee Gum is his aura, it can expand, contract etc. Emitted Nen creatures are pure aura too, but it doesn't mean that the Nen user can change the shape of his aura as he wants to. HK stays as it is when it's emitted, Netero can't make it lose one hand during the battle. Razor's Devils are no exception, unlike Netero he can emits 14 different Nen creatures and he can't modify the strength or features of one Devil unless he fuses them, and in the end, they are all part of his aura. Toccino was an Emitter who used his Nen is a similar way, but his ability was quite inferior to Razor. His Black Children were emitted via his balloons, real ones(so it was an Emission-Manipulation combo), he was unable to fuse them, but the warriors were directly emitted with a stable shape.

@uberfayt I doubt we'll learn absolute everything about the details of Hatsu development and Nen training but if you ask me how Emitters create these beasts I would say that the process is a more complex version of what Gon's basic Emission training, Gon is only shaping his aura as a ball.

1. Visualize the shape of the creature you want(and maybe its ability).
  2. Maintain it.
  3. Separate it from your body.

And after this I guess you can focus on manipulating it(80% ).

You have me an example of why you think Transmuters are weak with emission. Not exactly proof because it's not ever said. & ive given examples of Transmuters who can use it well...
On Machi's card, it's clearly said that Transmuters and Conjurers are bad at Emission. It's natural considering their position on the chart.

Last edited:

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
@uberfayt I doubt we'll learn absolute everything about the details of Hatsu development and Nen training but if you ask me how Emitters create these beasts I would say that the process is a more complex version of what Gon's basic Emission training, Gon is only shaping his aura as a ball.

1. Visualize the shape of the creature you want(and maybe its ability).
  2. Maintain it.
  3. Separate it from your body.

And after this I guess you can focus on manipulating it(80% ).
I totally agree. In fact I see no other way than this. The main point is the first step you've mentioned, though I guess it won't be as ponctuated as in the case of a Conjuration process. On top of that it makes sense, like when Gorein's white ape was hit by Razor's ball and his head exploded, Biske pointed out it reflected the mental image Gorein pictured.
Hopefully we see such training in the future, I mean we still got a demonstration of someone training to open his Shoukou (Tserred) this late in the story ^^

howdydodah

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I'm sorry it doesn't prove anything at all.

It just says maintain the shape, not shape it, and aura ball is by no means a complex shape, it's just a mass of compacted nen, like making snowballs. You can probably shape a concentrated nen energy into a cube, but it'd be useless coz your just gonna throw it anyway with the same damage for more effort.

Let's look at it this way, Gon as a student is bad at arts and good at p.e., but he can still draw near perfect circles with more practice. He'd rather go out playing snowball fight than do that currently.

That is a depiction of a nen user. It just so happens that zeno the science teacher is so good at drawing dragons coz it reminds him of his dead pet billy the dragon.

Update:
Netero's hk hatsu is more transmutation to me than emission, because it is more of adirect extension of his body, much like zeno's dragon head+lance, his zero however is pure emission.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

It just says maintain the shape, not shape it, and aura ball is by no means a complex shape, it's just a mass of compacted nen, like making snowballs. You can probably shape a concentrated nen energy into a cube, but it'd be useless coz your just gonna throw it anyway with the same damage for more effort.
But how can he maintain the shape if he didn't shape it in the first place? It's impossible. We can see it, the Nen ball is on his finger at first, then he projects it. I know a ball is not complex, this is Emission training at its most basic, Transmutation can't be used here. Obviously Emitters can create much more complex creatures and develop it as their ability, like Razor.

Let's look at it this way, Gon as a student is bad at arts and good at p.e., but he can still draw near perfect circles with more practice. He'd rather go out playing snowball fight than do that currently.

That is a depiction of a nen user. It just so happens that zeno the science teacher is so good at drawing dragons coz it reminds him of his dead pet billy the dragon.
All I am saying here is that Gon isn't using Transmutation, it would make no sense at all. Transmutation is shapeshifting, you don't need it to give a shape to aura.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
As i see it, we have enhancement as strenghtening yourself or something else that you touch, transmutation as giving your aura a certain property, conjuration as creating an actual object with your aura, manipulation as using your aura to control something and emission as throwing your aura over a distance.

It is natural for emitters to shape their aura by manipulation because they are good at manipulation, but not all emitters do that.
Franklin for example just shoots his nenbullets without giving them a certain form. He strikes me rather as someone who goes by emitter+enhancement, so making the nenbubbles strong and thens hooting them with a lot of power.
In difference to that, Sayird emits a ball with his own nen to hit an insect that is THEN manipulated.

I don't think that there is a very strict difference between someone already emitting a certain shape and someone manipualting his emitted nen into a certain shape.
After all, nen categories are a picture for the mind of students, nothing scientific, not even in the world of hxh.
MAny nenusers use nen from other categories for everday tasks without even adressing it.
For example when Tzezguerra uses enhancement to jump very high and teaches it to gon and kill.
Or when biscuit uses her nen to make numbers for gon and kill it is manipulation.

These are tasks every good nenuser seems to be capable of, so i dont think they really need adressing.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
But how can he maintain the shape if he didn't shape it in the first place? It's impossible. We can see it, the Nen ball is on his finger at first, then he projects it. I know a ball is not complex, this is Emission training at its most basic, Transmutation can't be used here. Obviously Emitters can create much more complex creatures and develop it as their ability, like Razor.

All I am saying here is that Gon isn't using Transmutation, it would make no sense at all. Transmutation is shapeshifting, you don't need it to give a shape to aura.
What gon needs transmutation for is so that his 'scissor' actually cut, aka, so that his nen has the properties of a sword , i.e., is sharp.

howdydodah

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I can't quite put it in words correctly, but what I'm saying is much like my student-teacher metaphor, your category describes who you are, nen is just the tool. Just because a person is in the police academy doesn't mean he should stop chasing his singing career, no matter how mediocre. Much like Razer, an emitter isn't restricted on emission skills alone, he's also pretty good at transmuting no matter the efficiency gap.

Just take a look at Zeno, transmuting his aura into a dragon and manipulating it despite having only 40 in manip. Then finally showing his emission skils with dragon dive, a combination of trans+emission.

"These are tasks every good nenuser seems to be capable of, so i dont think they really need adressing."

It does matter, that's why the need to show kastro's fault, that's why the need to show gon having trouble transmuting shapes despite having 80% efficiency. Because gon wasn't introduced to arts, he was used to the jungle punching and throwing stuff.

Goreinu's gorilla requires shaping his aura, much like Razer's. Shaping is under transmutation, maintaining distance and power requires emission.

These are very important as we were trying to dissect Netero's HK. The first questions were if it was conjuration, because transmuted energy can't have colors and somewhat opaque. Then we went down to questioning gureino's and razer's summons as well, which I addressed by assuming it was just for the audience"aesthetics" and that they really are transmuted puppets.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I can't quite put it in words correctly, but what I'm saying is much like my student-teacher metaphor, your category describes who you are, nen is just the tool. Just because a person is in the police academy doesn't mean he should stop chasing his singing career, no matter how mediocre. Much like Razer, an emitter isn't restricted on emission skills alone, he's also pretty good at transmuting no matter the efficiency gap.

Just take a look at Zeno, transmuting his aura into a dragon and manipulating it despite having only 40 in manip. Then finally showing his emission skils with dragon dive, a combination of trans+emission.

"These are tasks every good nenuser seems to be capable of, so i dont think they really need adressing."

It does matter, that's why the need to show kastro's fault, that's why the need to show gon having trouble transmuting shapes despite having 80% efficiency. Because gon wasn't introduced to arts, he was used to the jungle punching and throwing stuff.

Goreinu's gorilla requires shaping his aura, much like Razer's. Shaping is under transmutation, maintaining distance and power requires emission.
Zeno is not someone you can use to claim that Razor does the same. Gon having difficulties doesn't mean that he is bad, he is actually a genius and learned rather quickly. It just is not as simple as it looks. The Nen ball is not complex, but it still has a clear shape. If you need to shape it that way, keep it like that and project it during the most basic Emission training, then Transmutation is not not needed.

I already explained why Transmutation would not make sense, it would be too easy to destroy them. Zeno is very different from the ones you mentioned because he is not an Emitter, he doesn't use Nen beasts and the only attack he used requiring Emission skills is Dragon Dive, it's the only one.

Dragon Head is pure Transmutation, it is attached to his body when he controls it so Manipulation is not required. Dragon Lance as well. Emission begins mattering for Dragon Dive only when the dragon is separated from his body, and it's for the attack, when the dragon splits. The way he used it to transport Netero and Meruem while he was not here shows that his Emission skills are rather good for a Transmuter, but again, using 100% Transmutation for everything and focusing on Emission for a single technique is not a problem. Razor and Goreinu however needs to use the powers of their beasts constantly, they are not similar to him at all.

Gon shaping Scissors like a blade is not what makes it slice thing. He shapes it like a blade and used Transmutation to give it the properties of a blade. Even with the proper shape, he failed quite a lot to slice things at first.

These are very important as we were trying to dissect Netero's HK. The first questions were if it was conjuration, because transmuted energy can't have colors and somewhat opaque. Then we went down to questioning gureino's and razer's summons as well, which I addressed by assuming it was just for the audience"aesthetics" and that they really are transmuted puppets.
I don't get what you mean with the colors, different techniques have different colors, it's same for Nen beasts, Nen abilities are not intangible to a Nen user. A Nen attack can be blocked or deflected and affects solids. Netro's HK is no different from Razro's Devils or Goreinu's gorillas. Conjuration doesn't work because of all the other categories needed for HK(Manipulation, Emission, Enhancement). Kastro's Doppelganger is a real double, it's not a Nen beast. The image they have in mind allows them to create such things when developing their Hatsu.

howdydodah

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
*Nen category = Talent

-Arts - Transmutation & Conjuration
-Throwing - Emission
-Bodybuilding - Enhancement
-Politics - Manipulation
-ADHD - Specialization

Of course, shaping it into a ball is still shaping it, but take my snowball metaphor for a second, does that require genius level intellect to compact snow into a ball? No it doesn't, so just like snowballs, nen can be compacted easily, but to maintain it would require practice, and once thrown that would require an emission level good enough to maintain the ball.
Meaning the only shape if you compact your nen into something is a nen ball, because the goal is to make it dense enough to do damage. If you want a dense, star shaped nen attack then that would require you to have "Talents" in the field of transmutation(arts). The "Talent" to "throw/shoot"(emission) the thing is different altogether, that's why we have NBA players, And1 and Globetrotters. Why we have track runners and football players, they both can switch places and play their sports, but each should be better in their own respected fields.

Summary: Every user "can" create shapes out of their nen, but to be good at it(shaping), they need to have the "Talent/skill" in arts(transmutation) to do it. Just like a pro MMA fighter can draw good hands but not feet and can never draw the whole body, because he does not have a talent for it., and would rather train his fighting style than waste time learning something he's not talented at.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Update:
Netero's hk hatsu is more transmutation to me than emission, because it is more of adirect extension of his body, much like zeno's dragon head+lance, his zero however is pure emission.
HK is not actually connected to netero's body though. That alone makes it primarily emission unlike, say, zeno's nen which for instance was mostly stuck to his body when he fought kuroro. Of course, he does have a powerful emitted attack however so far it does look like his primary combat method is basically what he did against kuroro. Assuming netero's hatsu works like normal hatsu it has to be primarily emission, then manipulation lastly transmutation.
As i see it, we have enhancement as strenghtening yourself or something else that you touch, transmutation as giving your aura a certain property, conjuration as creating an actual object with your aura, manipulation as using your aura to control something and emission as throwing your aura over a distance.

It is natural for emitters to shape their aura by manipulation because they are good at manipulation, but not all emitters do that.
Franklin for example just shoots his nenbullets without giving them a certain form. He strikes me rather as someone who goes by emitter+enhancement, so making the nenbubbles strong and thens hooting them with a lot of power.
In difference to that, Sayird emits a ball with his own nen to hit an insect that is THEN manipulated.

I don't think that there is a very strict difference between someone already emitting a certain shape and someone manipualting his emitted nen into a certain shape.
After all, nen categories are a picture for the mind of students, nothing scientific, not even in the world of hxh.
MAny nenusers use nen from other categories for everday tasks without even adressing it.
For example when Tzezguerra uses enhancement to jump very high and teaches it to gon and kill.
Or when biscuit uses her nen to make numbers for gon and kill it is manipulation.

These are tasks every good nenuser seems to be capable of, so i dont think they really need adressing.

What gon needs transmutation for is so that his 'scissor' actually cut, aka, so that his nen has the properties of a sword , i.e., is sharp.
What do you mean with "shaping your aura by manipulation"? It sounds like you are saying you can use manipulation to do a transmutation. Manipulating nen into a shape is, as far as I can tell, not a thing. You do need manipulating to, say, control a nen ball from a distance. But if you gave it shape that is not manipulation, that is transmutation. What you are suggesting here would be like saying you manipulated nen to make an object stronger... which is not manipulation but rather enhancement.

As for franklin enhancing his nen bullets, I don't think that is possible. Enhancement is about making something stronger via adding nen to it. How does that work with a nen bullet? If you have a nen bullet and add nen to it you are not using reinforcing, you are just adding more nen to it. So not only it is not reinforcement, it specifically would require more emission skills to make sure the power isn't wasted. Granted the manga has not specifically addressed this though to me at least the idea of using nen to reinforce nen doesn't make much sense. Because you are just adding nen, you are not really enhancing "something".

howdydodah

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
@kkck I'm not too sure if HK is separate from Netero...

I would agree on most parts, with the exception of this " What you are suggesting here would be like saying you manipulated nen to make an object stronger... which is not manipulation but rather enhancement. ".
In the wiki, if they're correct, states "Manipulators are also the Nen users who can pour the most aura into an object" and is supported by this whole issue.
http://mangafox.me/manga/hunter_x_hunter/v09/c082/1.html

However, on different issues, "http://mangafox.me/manga/hunter_x_hunter/v15/c145/1.html" It clearly is an enhancer's trait.

This is mainly just for me(confused), and will try to clarify it for the sake of readers who might find it useful.
So based on these, I guess it's safe to say... I'm still confused, little help here?

I'll just throw this one, might help. Enhancer's enhances objects, manipulators put high degree of aura into an object so that they're control is maximized and not necessarily to enhance it.
Basically,,, Manipulators have higher Aura distribution potential than Enhancers, but is limited to controlling it, and would still be limited by 60% in terms of reinforcing the said object?

So, are we all in agreement that it takes Transmutation to Shape the Gorillas, 13 demons, and HK? and that to actually "Separate" the shaped nens is under emission? Because if you look at it, they are just basic nen manipulation/techniques, meaning they are not enhanced by conditions, just the mastery of different categories.

I still stand by Netero having achieved specialist though, he's just too fast it's impossible to do it without conditions like Killua's. Here he basically just trained and suddenly got to a point where everything is in slowmo.

Last edited: