Spoiler - Akatsuki no Yona Spoiler & Chapter Discussion | Page 21 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Spoiler Akatsuki no Yona Spoiler & Chapter Discussion

SamuelDean

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Yona cares about Hak because it's her love, she cares about dragons because they are her family. The well-being of the citizens of Kouka is also concerned, and throughout the manga he has shown it.

From Soo Won we have seen that he has been a good ruler so far, but we see that he does not mind sacrificing his loved ones to achieve his goals. Approves the methods of war of his late father. That makes him dangerous.
Dangerous to whom?

BlackstarSkywalker

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Dangerous to whom?
A person who thinks that the end justifies the means is dangerous. A person who is willing to sacrifice people for the common good of a country is dangerous (it is a collectivist thought). For now, as ruler he is doing well, but we saw how in the Xing arc he starts to get things out of control.

SamuelDean

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
A person who thinks that the end justifies the means is dangerous. A person who is willing to sacrifice people for the common good of a country is dangerous (it is a collectivist thought). For now, as ruler he is doing well, but we saw how in the Xing arc he starts to get things out of control.
In which way out of control? Kouka would have won either way.
He actually took a risk when he gave Yona time, since Kouren could have used that time to attack. Doesn´t sound to me 100 % cunning.

Also as a citizen I would rather live under the rule of King Soo Won, who cares for the wellbeing of his subjects as under King Il who was so taken by his own morality that he would rather let his subjects suffer than confront reality.

BlackstarSkywalker

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
In which way out of control? Kouka would have won either way.
He actually took a risk when he gave Yona time, since Kouren could have used that time to attack. Doesn´t sound to me 100 % cunning.

Also as a citizen I would rather live under the rule of King Soo Won, who cares for the wellbeing of his subjects as under King Il who was so taken by his own morality that he would rather let his subjects suffer than confront reality.
Soo Won and the counselor never imagined that Yona had allies in the fire and water tribes and the country XING (not counting the air tribe). I wasn't in their plans. Nor did they say that Yona and Hak won the acclaim of the people.

I as a citizen would prefer someone with a more liberal thought than a collectivist / nationalist one.

SamuelDean

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Soo Won and the counselor never imagined that Yona had allies in the fire and water tribes and the country XING (not counting the air tribe). I wasn't in their plans. Nor did they say that Yona and Hak won the acclaim of the people.

I as a citizen would prefer someone with a more liberal thought than a collectivist / nationalist one.
And what does this have to do with the question that Soo Won took a great risk in order to spare lives? Even though he could have won surely and had the advantage?

A "liberal thought" when something like democracy is not even invented? There is no "liberal president" present at that time and location.

BlackstarSkywalker

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
And what does this have to do with the question that Soo Won took a great risk in order to spare lives? Even though he could have won surely and had the advantage?

A "liberal thought" when something like democracy is not even invented? There is no "liberal president" present at that time and location.
Yona has a key to a civil war, but she won't use it (while Soo Won doesn't give her reasons).

Don't even talk about democracy. There are liberal and absolute monarchies, and there are cases in which they pass into tyrannies

SamuelDean

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Yona has a key to a civil war, but she won't use it (while Soo Won doesn't give her reasons).

Don't even talk about democracy. There are liberal and absolute monarchies, and there are cases in which they pass into tyrannies
A king during that age had nearly absolute power....tyranny...such a thing was not present at that day and age.

And what does Yona "not using the key to civil war" having to do with the question if Soo Won "lost control" or that he took a great risk in order to spare lives? I don´t understand it. Also Yona would be the one to suffer if a civil war broke out, so it is not due to her doing Soo Won some kind of favor.

BlackstarSkywalker

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
A king during that age had nearly absolute power....tyranny...such a thing was not present at that day and age.

And what does Yona "not using the key to civil war" having to do with the question if Soo Won "lost control" or that he took a great risk in order to spare lives? I don´t understand it. Also Yona would be the one to suffer if a civil war broke out, so it is not due to her doing Soo Won some kind of favor.
Easy. Soo Won and the counselor thought they had control of the entire country, and did not say that a threatening opposition to their ideals would emerge

SamuelDean

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Easy. Soo Won and the counselor thought they had control of the entire country, and did not say that a threatening opposition to their ideals would emerge
You mean like during the Fire Tribe Arc when Soo Jin wished to take down Soo Won? Wasn´t that also an opposition? Also Soo Won is no fool, of course he knew that Hak and Yona wouldn´t love him dearly for his deed.

And then there is also the thing that Yona often agrees with Soo Won´s aims, since they collaborated pretty often in the past. So it seems their ideals aren´t that different.

BlackstarSkywalker

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
You mean like during the Fire Tribe Arc when Soo Jin wished to take down Soo Won? Wasn´t that also an opposition? Also Soo Won is no fool, of course he knew that Hak and Yona wouldn´t love him dearly for his deed.

And then there is also the thing that Yona often agrees with Soo Won´s aims, since they collaborated pretty often in the past. So it seems their ideals aren´t that different.
She doesn't agree with his expansionist policy.

Of course he knows that Yona and Hak were hanging around, but it never crossed his mind that dragons and leaders of different tribes would join him.

mmmrazorz

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
is anyone tired of this manga. I just read the spoilers for chapter 183 and feel quite disappointed. There are no consequences for dragons that mess up the tournament. If Soo Won dies from an illness, I'm done with this manga.

SamuelDean

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
She doesn't agree with his expansionist policy.

Of course he knows that Yona and Hak were hanging around, but it never crossed his mind that dragons and leaders of different tribes would join him.
I agree that she doesn´t like the methods sometimes.

Which leaders did join?
The leaders are 1 General Geuntae who is loyal to Soo Won and interested in war and battles himself, 2. General Kyoga who knows what he could lose if he should ever betray the king again, 3. Genaral Jong hi has an interest in marrying his daughter and Soo Won helped him in the Water Tribe and the only tribe leader that is not in favor of Soo Won: General 4. Tae Woo. I forgot number 5, General Ju do who perceives Soo Won as his master that he swore loyalty.

The only member that may have joined could be Tae Woo, but the rest?

Soo Won met the Dragon Warriors in Sei, so I am pretty sure that he already was aware of them then.

mmmrazorz

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
And this talk about the next king really pisses me off. Soo Won, you're still alive. He sounds like he's gonna die tomorrow. Someone pls help him. And finally a character development for Hak after being such a passive character for 180 chapters.

BlackstarSkywalker

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
I agree that she doesn´t like the methods sometimes.

Which leaders did join?
The leaders are 1 General Geuntae who is loyal to Soo Won and interested in war and battles himself, 2. General Kyoga who knows what he could lose if he should ever betray the king again, 3. Genaral Jong hi has an interest in marrying his daughter and Soo Won helped him in the Water Tribe and the only tribe leader that is not in favor of Soo Won: General 4. Tae Woo. I forgot number 5, General Ju do who perceives Soo Won as his master that he swore loyalty.

The only member that may have joined could be Tae Woo, but the rest?

Soo Won met the Dragon Warriors in Sei, so I am pretty sure that he already was aware of them then.
Lili and Tae Jun are becoming relevant leaders in their respective tribes. Xing has a better impression of Yona. Whether the country stays together will depend on how Soo Wong behaves

lightningsha

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
is anyone tired of this manga. I just read the spoilers for chapter 183 and feel quite disappointed. There are no consequences for dragons that mess up the tournament. If Soo Won dies from an illness, I'm done with this manga.
I also thought that the dragon’s stunt might anger the populace, but NOPE! To add to that, they were even worried that the dragons may have been mad at them.
after this chapter I think it confirms the general perspective of their existence. Instead of thinking of them as 4 x-men, people with weird mutant powers that could either lead to respect or disdain....It’s best to think about them as 4 Jesus’s come-again. As divine beings connected to and proof of the gods. They literally can do no wrong. I’m even starting to think at this point even if they started killing people left and right, many would think it was righteous divine retribution and the cleansing of their sins and such lol

I am also immensely disappointed in the flags this chapter put for Soo-won. I mean it sounds like he feels he has already accomplished his mission, and is just ready to let Yona and Hak take over. That’s it!? This whole time I was thinking it was building up to some major final conflict between the 3. I mean I saw the signs that he wasn’t really intending to hold the throne long until his purpose was complete, but I thought we haven’t reached that point yet. It’s so lackluster. Soo-won is already acting like a ghost at this point.

SamuelDean

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Lili and Tae Jun are becoming relevant leaders in their respective tribes. Xing has a better impression of Yona. Whether the country stays together will depend on how Soo Wong behaves
The leaders of the tribes are the generals therefore they are the people whose favor one has to win. Second, Lily actually accepted Soo Won as king.
Soo Won is responsible that the tribes are united that had been separated previously. That is the reason why many of the tribe leaders work with him. If he was not a capable leader, the generals would refuse him like they did with King Il.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I also thought that the dragon’s stunt might anger the populace, but NOPE! To add to that, they were even worried that the dragons may have been mad at them.
after this chapter I think it confirms the general perspective of their existence. Instead of thinking of them as 4 x-men, people with weird mutant powers that could either lead to respect or disdain....It’s best to think about them as 4 Jesus’s come-again. As divine beings connected to and proof of the gods. They literally can do no wrong. I’m even starting to think at this point even if they started killing people left and right, many would think it was righteous divine retribution and the cleansing of their sins and such lol

I am also immensely disappointed in the flags this chapter put for Soo-won. I mean it sounds like he feels he has already accomplished his mission, and is just ready to let Yona and Hak take over. That’s it!? This whole time I was thinking it was building up to some major final conflict between the 3. I mean I saw the signs that he wasn’t really intending to hold the throne long until his purpose was complete, but I thought we haven’t reached that point yet. It’s so lackluster. Soo-won is already acting like a ghost at this point.
I agree. There is also Kai Empire. People might have forgotten it, but this country is still divided and there are still many nobles who wish to conquer Kouka. Wasn´t that the reason Soo Won conquered Sei and Xing? It is a little like stopping in front of the finish line!

BlackstarSkywalker

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
The leaders of the tribes are the generals therefore they are the people whose favor one has to win. Second, Lily actually accepted Soo Won as king.
Soo Won is responsible that the tribes are united that had been separated previously. That is the reason why many of the tribe leaders work with him. If he was not a capable leader, the generals would refuse him like they did with King Il.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I agree. There is also Kai Empire. People might have forgotten it, but this country is still divided and there are still many nobles who wish to conquer Kouka. Wasn´t that the reason Soo Won conquered Sei and Xing? It is a little like stopping in front of the finish line!
I did not say otherwise, but like Xing, factions may arise if the King deviates from the path. Yes, Lily accepts him as King, but has made it clear that if he becomes a threat to Yona, she will side with her friend

mmmrazorz

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

I agree with you. Sensei please give us back our cunning king because yona desperately need a good antagonist right now. Whats the point of 100+ chapters if the final boss already give up without fighting. Lame.

I had such great expectation of this series, i thought it was shoujou equivalent of Kingdom lol. It had such great potential.

I think next chapters we will find out that hak actually not only a good fighter, but also a good ruler and together with yona they will rule the kingdom and everyone will comment that they're the greatest ruler to ever rule kouka EVER.

And unlike soo won, they don't have to dirty their hand with the blood of previous king, because soo won will suddenly isolate himself to die on a secluded mountain somewhere to regret his sin lol. So yona and hak will remain pure until the end and of course their judgement is always right.

SamuelDean

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
I did not say otherwise, but like Xing, factions may arise if the King deviates from the path. Yes, Lily accepts him as King, but has made it clear that if he becomes a threat to Yona, she will side with her friend
"deviates from the path"? Xing is not a moral authority to do so, but a vassal state of Kouka at the moment. I think I never argued that Lily would let her friend be hurt, but Soo Won is also unlikely to threaten their life.

BlackstarSkywalker

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
"deviates from the path"? Xing is not a moral authority to do so, but a vassal state of Kouka at the moment. I think I never argued that Lily would let her friend be hurt, but Soo Won is also unlikely to threaten their life.
In the supposed case that goes from being antagonistic to a villain. He knows about his father's bloody methods, he admired him anyway. So it's something suspicious. But for now he is fine. He doesn't tell me much either because I don't know what he thinks now.