Spoiler - Akatsuki no Yona Spoiler & Chapter Discussion | Page 22 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Spoiler Akatsuki no Yona Spoiler & Chapter Discussion

SamuelDean

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
In the supposed case that goes from being antagonistic to a villain. He knows about his father's bloody methods, he admired him anyway. So it's something suspicious. But for now he is fine. He doesn't tell me much either because I don't know what he thinks now.
It is far too late for Soo Won to suddenly develop into an all black villain. If the mangaka had really intended to go that way, she would have gone this way sooner.

That Soo Won is taken by his father´s memory is natural since he was 10 years old, when King Il murdered his father. But fact is, that he did not act like his father. Soo Won has tried to avoid bloodshed where he could, but would use battles if it was to protect his country.

The same thing with Yona who is not ready to believe that her father could have killed his own brother. She avoids that topic, but has started to doubt the relationship and the character of her father the first times when she remembered how her father had treated Soo Won when they had tried to enter the mausoleum.

Personally I like that he is not the typical all black villain, but has different motives and feelings that come into play. Just like many characters in this manga, well except for Gobi.

BlackstarSkywalker

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
It is far too late for Soo Won to suddenly develop into an all black villain. If the mangaka had really intended to go that way, she would have gone this way sooner.

That Soo Won is taken by his father´s memory is natural since he was 10 years old, when King Il murdered his father. But fact is, that he did not act like his father. Soo Won has tried to avoid bloodshed where he could, but would use battles if it was to protect his country.

The same thing with Yona who is not ready to believe that her father could have killed his own brother. She avoids that topic, but has started to doubt the relationship and the character of her father the first times when she remembered how her father had treated Soo Won when they had tried to enter the mausoleum.

Personally I like that he is not the typical all black villain, but has different motives and feelings that come into play. Just like many characters in this manga, well except for Gobi.
In that we agree, although I have the doubt that Soo Wong planned to do with Hak and Yona on the night of the coup (in case Yona had not witnessed the murder).

And yes, until now he is still an antagonist, he is not a villain. Always talk in a supposed case that happened.

lightningsha

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree. There is also Kai Empire. People might have forgotten it, but this country is still divided and there are still many nobles who wish to conquer Kouka. Wasn´t that the reason Soo Won conquered Sei and Xing? It is a little like stopping in front of the finish line!
I agree with you. Sensei please give us back our cunning king because yona desperately need a good antagonist right now. Whats the point of 100+ chapters if the final boss already give up without fighting. Lame.
Well these two statements pretty much sum up what I most have an issue with in the series.
This is going to be a bit long..
I am more of a character-driven reader than a plot-driven reader. But damn do I love a good plot with plenty of layers to piece apart. However at the end of the day, if I was given a story to follow that either had engaging characters but a lackluster plot, or a story with a captivating plot but stale characters, I would choose the former. Because at the end of the day, I cannot read a good story if I do not like any of the characters. It certainly is hard to find a story that has both.
But this is why I still read Akayona. I love the characters and their dynamics with each other. The complexity and psychology of the main characters is on a level I rarely see.

That being said, my main problem with the story is lack of global conflict and suspense. The world building and premise called for something big, but instead the only real suspense we get is small time between groups of characters and such. That’s good too, but if you set up a story with kingdoms, prophecies, gods, and legends, you are kind of positioned to expect quite the world-changing ride.

Soo-won is set up as a tragic and relatable antagonist. If not an antagonist then an antihero. He knows the country is threatened and sets out to quell those threats, while Yona and team, while not actively trying to save the land, help out along the way and we know ultimately they would help save the country even if not asked.
So the plot moves through these threats and our heroes tackle them along the way. A lot of these conflicts were well set-up and even foreshadowed and realistic (like the Nadai incident and foreshadowing in Awa)......but slowly a pattern begins to rise. To simply put it, our heroes win too easily. Soo-won eliminates these threats he intended to, but it’s more like nipping things in the bud. Stamping a fire down while it’s still a spark. Soo-won and his generals were enough to totally outmaneuver and overpower Soo-jin’s betrayal and Hazara’s intrusion...so Yona coming along with her godly powerful beings to help squash him further in the mud was totally overkill.

It kept happening. Look at the Sei forts. Just the generals alone were formidable, but then with Yona’s crew they demolished a whole army with just a few individuals. Kouka wasn’t even using its actual army at that time either.
The Xing arc was literally introduced with a Xing princess surrendering and asking to be their vassal state. Because even the stubborn Kouren acknowledged Kouka could totally kick their asses.

Kuelbo’s arc had potential, but soon you realize he just had too much bravado and not enough brains. I lost hope in him when he became suddenly more interested in the relationship between two teenagers than other ambitions 🙄

The dragons’ purpose of existing here is put to question too. Yes we know the dragon gods made them not out of any love for the people and their safety but for their former-dragon bro, Hiryuu. Still with the premise, you have protagonists with supernatural powers. Normally you would expect to have antagonists with supernatural powers to justify needing them in the first place. So far with all the evidence we have, those four are the only beings in the lands with superpowers. Unlike in the founding of the country, Kouka kingdom is already a powerful kingdom, so having godly beings is overkill and a little unfair for the other countries. Lol
Actually a central plot point I think is having them exist like this is a problem in itself. People go crazy over them and they suffer because of it. I do appreciate the complexity of this situation....but I keep waiting for something so formidable to arise, preferable supernatural, to show they are needed in the first place. But it looks like that’s where this is headed: the end of them. I don’t mind this plot point but the suspense for the fate of the country just isn’t there. (I love the dragons to death but this is a major issue)

I love our characters looking badass and powerful, but it wouldn’t hurt to give them a few losses would it? That’s what we need in order to feel actual suspense for the fate of Kouka Kingdom. When will they face an actual overwhelming threat where the odds are against them, and they must prevail anyway?? I would love to see that. Maybe we don’t need supernatural foes, but just a REALLY clever and cunning politician that could set clever traps for the powerhouses Hak and the dragons, and give Soo-won a run for his money on the chess board? All the antagonists have just been so...pathetic in the face of our heroes.

I’ll hold the hope that Kusanagi has something really good planned for this -a major source of conflict, though because so far it’s looking like Soo-won has lost his potential for that too.

I hope Kai really does have some powerful faction left over, because we ran out of neighboring countries and they’ve all proven not even a challenge for Kouka Kingdom.

I think next chapters we will find out that hak actually not only a good fighter, but also a good ruler and together with yona they will rule the kingdom and everyone will comment that they're the greatest ruler to ever rule kouka EVER.

And unlike soo won, they don't have to dirty their hand with the blood of previous king, because soo won will suddenly isolate himself to die on a secluded mountain somewhere to regret his sin lol. So yona and hak will remain pure until the end and of course their judgement is always right.
Perhaps Soo-won is thinking Yona, Hak and the dragons is proof he is not needed, and maybe even his betrayal a waste. And he will just fade away into nothing without any climax to his conflict within the trio (it was what we were waiting for the whole time after all) with the only ‘climax’ will be them realizing how pitiable and tragic he really was... -.-
Yeah I never minded Hak being King in fact I thought it a possibility since chapter 1 and the prophecy, but the build-up for it has not been very good. I mean it barely started in the previous arc and now it looks like his new resolution could lead to it. But she should have started early if she wanted show he is king material.
It would help if Yona and Hak didn’t come off as flawless perfection to the masses. I love these characters but I want them to face rejection, mistakes, and ultimately overcome them and improve themselves. But no, they are already amazing and the only change will be that they will get even more amazing.

SamuelDean

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
You basically summed it up neatly: It has become boring. Because whatever danger will arise, our heroes will surely overcome it without even having to break out in sweat.

Most likely the manga suffers from extraordinary length. The mangaka didn´t plan to make it that long and therefore she had to insert new stuff with such great characters like Gobi - a person with the depth of a stone floor.

A few people who were constructed early on like Keishuk, Soo Won ect.. as antagonists are interesting...but many of the other antagonists are just plain, boring villains that are sometimes too stupid for their own good.

Last edited:

mmmrazorz

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Kuelbo’s arc had potential, but soon you realize he just had too much bravado and not enough brains. I lost hope in him when he became suddenly more interested in the relationship between two teenagers than other ambitions 🙄
If the rest of Kai is like Kuelbo, Soo Won doesnt have to worry at all. He can have his early retirement.

Yeah I never minded Hak being King in fact I thought it a possibility since chapter 1 and the prophecy, but the build-up for it has not been very good. I mean it barely started in the previous arc and now it looks like his new resolution could lead to it. But she should have started early if she wanted show he is king material.
Yeah he is General material not king material, if our standard for king is Soo Won. Since idiots like Kuelbo and those Sei leaders can become ruler, i think in the end Hak will be fine lol

I love these characters but I want them to face rejection, mistakes, and ultimately overcome them and improve themselves.
I think the problem with this manga is that sensei loves her characters a bit too much, so she can't handle if they face any kind of rejection. She always goes into defensive mode once her characters made "mistake", the most recent example is the tournament. The next chapter she immediately defends their action by emphasizing there is no major casualty.

This is why i think Yona and Hak won't kill Soo Won. He will either die by illness or exile himself. The only people Yona will kill are someone like Kumji who is evil 24/7 or some faceless soldiers. Sensei won't be able to handle it if yona or hak kill grey characters.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

A few people who were constructed early on like Keishuk, Soo Won ect.. as antagonists are interesting...but many of the other antagonists are just plain, boring villains that are sometimes to stupid for their own good.
Yeah you don't even have to fight them, they will self destruct lol

lightningsha

Reaction score
Country
United States
You basically summed it up neatly: It has become boring. Because whatever danger will arise, our heroes will surely overcome it without even having to break out in sweat.

Most likely the manga suffers from extraordinary length. The mangaka didn´t plan to make it that long and therefore she had to insert new stuff with such great characters like Gobi - a person with the depth of a stone floor.

A few people who were constructed early on like Keishuk, Soo Won ect.. as antagonists are interesting...but many of the other antagonists are just plain, boring villains that are sometimes too stupid for their own good.
I wonder if this means there is still hope she has some big juicy conflict planned, and the extension of the series was just filled by crappy villains until we get to it.

I do however like that we had a long story to develop the relationships between the HHB and other characters. If the story was much shorter, we wouldn’t have been able to appreciate or see the progression as well.
If the rest of Kai is like Kuelbo, Soo Won doesnt have to worry at all. He can have his early retirement.
Lol, so true.

Yeah he is General material not king material, if our standard for king is Soo Won. Since idiots like Kuelbo and those Sei leaders can become ruler, i think in the end Hak will be fine lol
And he will have Yona as Queen to rule along side him. Together, they can manage what Soo-won did.....I’m really starting to accept this as an eventuality after this chapter. I did want the build up to start earlier though.

Kusanagi can still throw us for a loop though. Like having Soo-won tell them he wants to them to succeed since he’s dying of some illness or something, but the two refuse and try to find a way to save him..and ends up being King till the end? I don’t really like this cheesy outcome, but I can see it also happening.

If he is sick, I wonder if this has something to do with his interest in Zeno’s immortality? If it’s true at least it shows he would want to live if he could instead of being the wet blanket he is now.

I think the problem with this manga is that sensei loves her characters a bit too much, so she can't handle if they face any kind of rejection. She always goes into defensive mode once her characters made "mistake", the most recent example is the tournament. The next chapter she immediately defends their action by emphasizing there is no major casualty.

This is why i think Yona and Hak won't kill Soo Won. He will either die by illness or exile himself. The only people Yona will kill are someone like Kumji who is evil 24/7 or some faceless soldiers. Sensei won't be able to handle it if yona or hak kill grey characters.
You may be right. It’s interesting that she’s fine with giving her characters suffering, but still protects them by not giving them any personal wrongdoings. I mean they have made circumstantial mistakes or miscalculations, but never one that shows fault in their character that is acknowledged afterward.

Trjpyo

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
from the impression this chap is giving me... soowon is dying. he prolly knows he wont be around for too long to raise/educate/train his son/daughter to be suitable for the throne. He is correct in saying that it isnt the bloodline thats gonna determine if ur kingly or not but to randomly conclude that ur offspring isnt suitable (esp when theyre not even born yet) is pretty bleak.

Once a successor is proclaimed the sword and shield will prolly appear — its got to be the next king bec nothings happening as he’s still on the throne

mmmrazorz

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
And he will have Yona as Queen to rule along side him. Together, they can manage what Soo-won did.....I’m really starting to accept this as an eventuality after this chapter. I did want the build up to start earlier though.
And hak and yona being king and queen will make the fandom happy, since most of akayona fandom are hakyona fans.

Kusanagi can still throw us for a loop though. Like having Soo-won tell them he wants to them to succeed since he’s dying of some illness or something, but the two refuse and try to find a way to save him..and ends up being King till the end?
That...sounds like magnificent dream :pout

from the impression this chap is giving me... soowon is dying.
That was my impression as well. :( :( :(

BlackstarSkywalker

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
And hak and yona being king and queen will make the fandom happy, since most of akayona fandom are hakyona fans.

That was my impression as well. :( :( :(
I am Hakyona, and it does not take away my dream that Hak is King. I don't see him for the job. I only see him as a general or quarterback of armies. And in which case Yona was queen, I see him as a consort.

I don't think it's a bad idea that Soo Won stays with the kingdom, and Hak and Yona go for his ball, living a free and peaceful life

SamuelDean

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
@lightningsha I do think that all this ...The Dragon Warriors, the prophecy...will lead to something big...bigger than even Kai Empire...I think that the Dragon Gods will actually make their appearance at the end.

I also believe that the prophecy points to the real King Hiryuu and not Yona or Soo Won.

mmmrazorz

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
And in which case Yona was queen, I see him as a consort.
Since this manga called akatsuki no yona i agree this is the better option because hak being king will overshadow yona's achievement (if she become a queen)

lightningsha

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well it’s interesting to know some fans will like that direction. I just don’t look forward to the pity-trip Hak and Yona will have for Soo-won that comes along with it.
@lightningsha I do think that all this ...The Dragon Warriors, the prophecy...will lead to something big...bigger than even Kai Empire...I think that the Dragon Gods will actually make their appearance at the end.

I also believe that the prophecy points to the real King Hiryuu and not Yona or Soo Won.
Yeah that will be pretty cool. Seeing the Dragon Gods again is one of the top things I want to see by the end of the series.

I always wondered the reason why they never communicated with their Warriors over the centuries even though they are connected/a part of them.

That’s an interesting take on the prophesy. Do you mean like how they say Hiryuu’s spirit is in the Mausoleum? I always found it weird that they just said Hiryuu ‘stopped moving’, not ‘died’. I’m not sure about the mechanics of it because Yona is here, but it’s an intriguing thought.

mmmrazorz

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I just don’t look forward to the pity-trip Hak and Yona will have for Soo-won that comes along with it.
I can already picture it lol. And of course haks tears for soo won will be far more dramatic than yona's. Ok sensei i approve give me this drama.

lightningsha

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can already picture it lol. And of course haks tears for soo won will be far more dramatic than yona's. Ok sensei i approve give me this drama.
Wow you want that? To me it all just looks pretty pathetic. I wanted more action and conflict between them before we jump on the the ‘sad for Soo-won train’. I mean all we’ve had was a few passing meetings, glares, and wistful looks between the 3. You would think it’s building up to some climax, before we start feeling sorry for Soo-won wasting away. Sure that’s juicy drama, but we should have more before we get to it. It’s like having cake frosting without the cake.

SamuelDean

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Wow you want that? To me it all just looks pretty pathetic. I wanted more action and conflict between them before we jump on the the ‘sad for Soo-won train’. I mean all we’ve had was a few passing meetings, glares, and wistful looks between the 3. You would think it’s building up to some climax, before we start feeling sorry for Soo-won wasting away. Sure that’s juicy drama, but we should have more before we get to it. It’s like having cake frosting without the cake.
The mangaka said that the manga will continue for a while, so I do think that there is far more to come. And yes. I do want it too. It is far too late to kill Soo Won now. Yona had her sob story, Hak has his sob story the entire time. Hardly any people care that Hak takes it far more gravely than Yona. The Dragon Warriors had their sob story. Zeno had even a whole volume of his sob story.

So of course the antagonists gets his too. I think it is harder to meet somebody in this manga who doesn´t have one. Even the Gang brothers lost their father. Maybe Lily is the only one without one.

Though I still don´t think that they will just listen to it and immediately understand everything. I doubt it. If the mangaka is clever she can still use it in a way that the protagonists have to first get further information before it makes sense to them. Just give them one info at a time by different people and the protagonists have to come to term with their own feelings and goals. I mean what the heck do they want? Continue their lives like this?
I disagree that it is too sudden. Hak for example reacts similarily to Soo Won since he also wishes for revenge. Hak doesn´t know that one of the reasons for the murder of King Il is revenge for his father´s death. The reaction to Soo Won´s betrayal is one of the better character developments.
It happens not only directly when they meet him, but afterwards or before that event.

Well it’s interesting to know some fans will like that direction. I just don’t look forward to the pity-trip Hak and Yona will have for Soo-won that comes along with it.

Yeah that will be pretty cool. Seeing the Dragon Gods again is one of the top things I want to see by the end of the series.

I always wondered the reason why they never communicated with their Warriors over the centuries even though they are connected/a part of them.

That’s an interesting take on the prophesy. Do you mean like how they say Hiryuu’s spirit is in the Mausoleum? I always found it weird that they just said Hiryuu ‘stopped moving’, not ‘died’. I’m not sure about the mechanics of it because Yona is here, but it’s an intriguing thought.
Indeed: You have to think about the wording...that he "went to sleep". That the Dragon Warriors are still highly affected in Hiryuu Castle, most likely due to the mausoleum or King Hiryuu´s body.

Zeno who seems to have a certain intention or plan and his comment that King Hiryuu didn´t wish for the Dragon Warriors, but the Gods had an "excessive love"...Even the fact that Zeno tried to contact Ouryuu, but was unable to...at least that´s how it seems to be.

Soo Won and Yona do share certain similarities and it could be that that they have something to do with King Hiryuu, but the real intention of the Dragon Gods is to bring Hiryuu back, not the reincarnation.

Last edited:

lightningsha

Reaction score
Country
United States
@SamuelDean Well to simply put it, all I hope for is a little more spark, motivation, and fight back from Soo-won before he just lays down and let’s Yona and Hak take over. Hopefully a new conflict will arise where he feels he is needed.
It’s not like I don’t want the pity-trip to happen, just not until something bigger happens...it just feels like we were building up to something.....then nothing happens.

I do agree the author has something big to come into play for the prophesy to happen. I’m scratching my head over what that could be.

Indeed: You have to think about the wording...that he "went to sleep". That the Dragon Warriors are still highly affected in Hiryuu Castle, most likely due to the mausoleum or King Hiryuu´s body.

Zeno who seems to have a certain intention or plan and his comment that King Hiryuu didn´t wish for the Dragon Warriors, but the Gods had an "excessive love"...Even the fact that Zeno tried to contact Ouryuu, but was unable to...at least that´s how it seems to be.

Soo Won and Yona do share certain similarities and it could be that that they have something to do with King Hiryuu, but the real intention of the Dragon Gods is to bring Hiryuu back, not the reincarnation.
I wonder why, after 2 thousand years, even though Zeno tried, he couldn’t communicate with the Yellow Dragon. It feels strange that there had been no communication even though the Dragon Gods stated ‘you are our other halves’. The communication stopped the moment they drank their blood it seems.

Regarding the ’return of Hiryuu’, If it’s true his body and ‘spirit’ is still in the mausoleum, then what is Yona? It’s been confirmed by the 3 dragons’ initiation and Zeno witnessing the ‘red light’ with affirmation that she is him reincarnated. Reincarnation implies the soul is the same, maybe nothing else, but at least the soul. Therefore Yona is also ‘Hiryuu’

My best guess that if he were to return it would take Yona and what is ‘left of him’ in the mausoleum. And I’m assuming his memories would return as well..and maybe even his dragon god form. The ambiguities of the prophecy can imply that, [the red dragon restores the dawn at last]. The ‘at last’ part kinda feels like it could mean that. I’m sure what the other dragon gods would prefer most is to have their buddy back. But if that happens, Yona is no more, since she is him too. And Hak would be left alone and sad.

Last edited:

SamuelDean

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
@SamuelDean Well to simply put it, all I hope for is a little more spark, motivation, and fight back from Soo-won before he just lays down and let’s Yona and Hak take over. Hopefully a new conflict will arise where he feels he is needed.
It’s not like I don’t want the pity-trip to happen, just not until something bigger happens...it just feels like we were building up to something.....then nothing happens.

I do agree the author has something big to come into play for the prophesy to happen. I’m scratching my head over what that could be.

I wonder why, after 2 thousand years, even though Zeno tried, he couldn’t communicate with the Yellow Dragon. It feels strange that there had been no communication even though the Dragon Gods stated ‘you are our other halves’. The communication stopped the moment they drank their blood it seems.

Regarding the ’return of Hiryuu’, If it’s true his body and ‘spirit’ is still in the mausoleum, then what is Yona? It’s been confirmed by the 3 dragons’ initiation and Zeno witnessing the ‘red light’ with affirmation that she is him reincarnated. Reincarnation implies the soul is the same, maybe nothing else, but at least the soul. Therefore Yona is also ‘Hiryuu’

My best guess that if he were to return it would take Yona and what is ‘left of him’ in the mausoleum. And I’m assuming his memories would return as well..and maybe even his dragon god form. The ambiguities of the prophecy can imply that, [the red dragon restores the dawn at last]. The ‘at last’ part kinda feels like it could mean that. I’m sure what the other dragon gods would prefer most is to have their buddy back. But if that happens, Yona is no more, since she is him too. And Hak would be left alone and sad.
Logically speaking Soo Won has to struggle a little more, since there are not at the end. Kai Empire has still the same problems ect...but I do agree that he most likely wished for either Hak and Yona to take over or for their child.

I remember that it was stated that the Dragon Gods reside in certain body parts of the Dragon Warriors. It could be that this statement is to be taken literally.

Yona is the reincarnation of Hiryuu. There is no doubt concerning this topic, but we do not know if there are not certain other parts of him. Soo Won is also somehow related to the Dragon Warriors or else Kija would have been able to attack him in Sei.

I think a pivotal point of this manga is that King Hiryuu didn´t like to rule and he was also not fond of the existence of the Dragon Warriors, since he knew that it meant most likely for them to suffer.

I mean you said it: Yona cannot become Hiryuu since she would cease to exist, therefore the last "enemies" are the Dragon Gods and that means that they cannot use violence this time, since you cannot kill a god so easily.

There are still so many blank points in this manga. Why hasn´t the mangaka tried to fill in the gaps...I wonder...I mean how long should this manga become?

For example: The relationhips concerning King Il: What kind of relationship had he with his wife? With his brother Yu hon? How was the relationship between Soo Won and King Il until the night of the coup?

What kind of human being was Queen Kashi? How was King Ju Nam? Why did King Il ascend the throne and not Yu hon and I am sure it had nothing to do with him being cruel to his enemies.

BlackstarSkywalker

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Logically speaking Soo Won has to struggle a little more, since there are not at the end. Kai Empire has still the same problems ect...but I do agree that he most likely wished for either Hak and Yona to take over or for their child.

I remember that it was stated that the Dragon Gods reside in certain body parts of the Dragon Warriors. It could be that this statement is to be taken literally.

Yona is the reincarnation of Hiryuu. There is no doubt concerning this topic, but we do not know if there are not certain other parts of him. Soo Won is also somehow related to the Dragon Warriors or else Kija would have been able to attack him in Sei.

I think a pivotal point of this manga is that King Hiryuu didn´t like to rule and he was also not fond of the existence of the Dragon Warriors, since he knew that it meant most likely for them to suffer.

I mean you said it: Yona cannot become Hiryuu since she would cease to exist, therefore the last "enemies" are the Dragon Gods and that means that they cannot use violence this time, since you cannot kill a god so easily.

There are still so many blank points in this manga. Why hasn´t the mangaka tried to fill in the gaps...I wonder...I mean how long should this manga become?

For example: The relationhips concerning King Il: What kind of relationship had he with his wife? With his brother Yu hon? How was the relationship between Soo Won and King Il until the night of the coup?

What kind of human being was Queen Kashi? How was King Ju Nam? Why did King Il ascend the throne and not Yu hon and I am sure it had nothing to do with him being cruel to his enemies.
The author said in the middle of the year that the manga was going for 70% of the story. How has 10 years of being published, then it would be missing almost 4 years by the end

lightningsha

Reaction score
Country
United States

Reside in the body parts? I do vaguely remember reading that...but that’s hard to understand. O-o It would imply the dragons are literally sealed in those places or at least some portal or something. It makes it even harder to understand why they can’t communicate if they are literally apart of them. Still, I’m super curious about the mechanics of that. I feel like Kusanagi has more to reveal about that.

I’ve seen those theories about Soo-won being supernaturally related to the whole Hiryuu thing. It’s hard to tell for me with those interactions with the dragons, while certainly interesting, I can’t confirm if any of it was some sort of supernatural compulsion or mundane interest in his character. At the very least I’m pretty sure Soo-won is a part of the prophesy.

If the Dragon Gods are the Final Boss (sounds badass because it tings my shonen hype), then the only way to win against them is through talk-no-jutsu. Lol
And Hiryuu/Yona will have to do the convincing

I’m SUPER curious about what went down with Yuhon, Il and Kashi. It’s true we’ve barely gotten anything on the mystery of this drama since the beginning. But recently we have more hints. Yona’s memory of Il barring Soo-won from Hiryuu’s mausoleum, Kashi knowing that Yona was Hiryuu and would have the four dragons, and Keishuk reminiscing about Yu-hon ‘To think the four dragons would appear here and now...it would have been good if Yuhon were alive to see it’. Those new clues give us more hints that their drama had more to do with the Hiryuu and dragons thing more than we initially believed about it just being about thrones and politics.

Kashi wasn’t just a casualty and victim wife who knew nothing. She was someone who knew important things then later died. I’m more in the camp Yu-hon had something to do with it. According to the fanbook timeline, they died the same year too.
My best guesses on how Kashi died was that either she found out something she shouldn’t have and was killed to silence her, or that she died trying to prevent or protect something.

My guess on Yuhon was that he was an ambitious person. While it may have been true he didn’t want the throne for politicking, I think he was more interested in the power of territory and military might. I also think he wanted his beloved son Soo-won to have the throne. So I don’t think he was pleased when he found out Yona was Hiryuu reincarnated. And maybe Il knew all this, and after whatever went down and he killed Yuhon, he was bitter to little Soo-won because of it. I don’t think kid Soo-won did anything personally to enact such hatred from Il.

But I’m curious on other’s thoughts as well

SamuelDean

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Reside in the body parts? I do vaguely remember reading that...but that’s hard to understand. O-o It would imply the dragons are literally sealed in those places or at least some portal or something. It makes it even harder to understand why they can’t communicate if they are literally apart of them. Still, I’m super curious about the mechanics of that. I feel like Kusanagi has more to reveal about that.
It could also be that they don´t want to communicate with the Dragon Warriors. The Dragon Gods don´t appreciate the presence of human beings. At least that was my impression.

I’ve seen those theories about Soo-won being supernaturally related to the whole Hiryuu thing. It’s hard to tell for me with those interactions with the dragons, while certainly interesting, I can’t confirm if any of it was some sort of supernatural compulsion or mundane interest in his character. At the very least I’m pretty sure Soo-won is a part of the prophesy.
He must have some kind of connection to the Dragon Warriors since Kija is unable to attack him similarly to Yona in the beginning. And neither of the Dragon Warriors seem to mind him. It was also Jae ha who protected him from Hak, even though it could have been just an unconscious influence that prevented greater harm from him.There are also a few scenes which show either similar or contrary events regarding Soo Won and Yona.

If the Dragon Gods are the Final Boss (sounds badass because it tings my shonen hype), then the only way to win against them is through talk-no-jutsu. Lol
And Hiryuu/Yona will have to do the convincing

I’m SUPER curious about what went down with Yuhon, Il and Kashi. It’s true we’ve barely gotten anything on the mystery of this drama since the beginning. But recently we have more hints. Yona’s memory of Il barring Soo-won from Hiryuu’s mausoleum, Kashi knowing that Yona was Hiryuu and would have the four dragons, and Keishuk reminiscing about Yu-hon ‘To think the four dragons would appear here and now...it would have been good if Yuhon were alive to see it’. Those new clues give us more hints that their drama had more to do with the Hiryuu and dragons thing more than we initially believed about it just being about thrones and politics.

Kashi wasn’t just a casualty and victim wife who knew nothing. She was someone who knew important things then later died. I’m more in the camp Yu-hon had something to do with it. According to the fanbook timeline, they died the same year too.
My best guesses on how Kashi died was that either she found out something she shouldn’t have and was killed to silence her, or that she died trying to prevent or protect something.

My guess on Yuhon was that he was an ambitious person. While it may have been true he didn’t want the throne for politicking, I think he was more interested in the power of territory and military might. I also think he wanted his beloved son Soo-won to have the throne. So I don’t think he was pleased when he found out Yona was Hiryuu reincarnated. And maybe Il knew all this, and after whatever went down and he killed Yuhon, he was bitter to little Soo-won because of it. I don’t think kid Soo-won did anything personally to enact such hatred from Il.

But I’m curious on other’s thoughts as well
I agree. I think barely anybody believes King Il´s story about robbers who killed his wife. I still wonder to this day what the parents intended to do with their daughter. King Il spoilt is daughter, but had hardly time for her. He was the last to see her, when she was sick.

Queen Kashi must have been really gentle towards her daughter, since she slept with the 6 year old girl in one bed. I just wonder, why the author didn´t show us Kashi´s full face. What was the reason? Strange.

By the way, I wonder if either Kashi or King Il were able to speak with the gods similarly to Ik soo or if Ik soo visited the king and told him about his daughter. He had once gold if I remember correctly and there were few people who are so well-off in those times.

I do think that Yu hon was ambitious...the question is if that what he told Soo Won was true: If his presence alone was a hindrance for King Il and he decided to get rid of him, since the soldiers most likely preferred to follow Yu hon. That was the case, if it was true or if he held a grudge against is brother for his ascension to the throne. He could have posed a physical threat for King Il and got eliminated.

The third possibility is that Yu hon respected his brother, but was against Yona´s presence. Yu hon was the one who drove the priests out in order to strengthen the position of the king.

I think it is pretty interesting that you also believe that King Il didn´t treat Soo Won so well, like Yona suggested in the beginning. He could have seen the father in him and Soo Won did rebel against King Il. You can see it, when he asked Yona if she didn´t want to rid the horse even though King Il hated it.
I know a bunch of people who think he was merely strict, but still didn´t mistreat Soo Won.

There must be a reason why Yona and Soo Won were not allowed to enter the mausoleum together. Yona was in there alone and nothing happened. Soo Won was in there alone and nothing happened. So what happens when both enter?