Round of 16 - August vs Erza | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 August vs Erza

Who advances?

• August

• Erza

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solitrine

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Unlucky for Erza (or anyone that gets matched against August) that there is no PIS in this so that means that August won't go around asking why he isn't loved. No parent/child relationship in the fight means he isn't going to job and let Erza get in free hits.

Erza can't touch him since he has Meteor, then she just gets dropped by a nuke.

Orgastthemage

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Okay, seeing as how people are actually talking about this fight, I should play my part properly as a supporter of one of the characters concerned.

Firstly, i do believe that August retains the magic he copies. Plenty of speculation can be made with regards to his need for the dark transformation(mode) when it comes to copying magic and nullifying caster magic.

He saved Ajeel by means of a barrier. i take it as a barrier he conjured up and not a more powerful form of Jutsu-shiki. Mashima would´ve put at least some more detail if a Jutsu-shiki was cast instead of some plain enhanced barrier(just a thought).

With regards to retaining spells becasue of him using meteor against Gildarts with Jellal seemingly far away, I have to raise this thought, we have to consider the range at which he is able to copy spells. He did use Warren´s magic to eliminate FT´s use of a radar. This could mean that his range is far greater than we thought(not needing his mode for copying, but just for nullification of caster-type magic). This could then mean that he would be able to copy Jellal´s spells even at a considerable distance away from Jellal. His copying itself is pretty tricky considering we aren´t too sure if he can copy without seeing the magic being used first.

If indeed he cannot copy magic without seeing it being used first, then we can agree that he retains whatever magic he copies(Him using a radar nullification spell in spite of never seeing warren use the spell). Although, then we wouod have to differentiate magic he has retained through his copying from the magic he learned naturally(This is only important if conditions exist for his copied magic). An example of magic he learned naturally is ars magia(I mean who could´ve used that before, right?).

Then again, August own words state that he has mastered all magic in existence(this is logically hyperbole because it just doesn´t seem feasible, but if he´s talking about magic types then we can already get that he does retain what he copies, and that he does have an enormous arsenal that was unused for whatever reason). Given his statement, I consider the narrative portrayal August has gotten to explain his mastery of àll`magic in existence. He is intelligent enough to use MP to enhance his own cognitinve functions(MP to get his memories for example). Given his selection of the two most convenient types of magic(copying and nullification, albeit being susceptible to holder magic(but hey, reflector could render a lot of that useless)), I take his mode as a unifier of the copying, archive(some advance magic learning spell, comparable to Hibiki´s archive spell), and nullification qualities he possesses. this would actively make him able to master all magic(even caster if needed), and then provide substance to his remark on mastering all magic and his epthet as the magic king(a unique form of magic that has him ready to master and use any magic no matter the case). This would´ve also given justice to his mastery over the complex spell that is ars magic(couldn´t have copied it).

Just a few thoughts.

Again, no. Laxus pummels Erza. August pummels Gildarts. Gildarts dukes it out with Laxus. Erza gets blown into oblivion by August.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Zeref probably could've blocked Natsu's attack to reduce the damage, but he chose not to since it couldn't affect him anyway.

Erza uses caster magic to store her armours in another dimension. In other words, by copying her magic August could gain access to all of her armours and weapons. He could also stop Erza from accessing this dimension since he has more MP than Erza. Powerful abilities? How about creating a fire blast so powerful, even a top tier Fire DS was unable to nullify it.
It looks like August could've melted that meteor.
I should've just waited for the chapter to come out—it would've saved me from a lot of unneeded explanations. Zeref of this tournament lacks both Immortality & FH, so he cannot oppose Natsu full power. It's that simple. Natsu is the strongest combatant of this tournament—this doesn't necessarily mean he'd win though as I've already pointed out that match ups matter.

As for the pics showing August feats: they're impressive looking but not good enough to overpower Erza with, not even close. The fire blast did absolutely no damage to Natsu, Lucy & Happy because Natsu "more or less" nullified it. The meteor was the height of Irene's enchanted power; I think it's often neglected that it was going to completely destroy the battlefield, and this is because it was enchanted, not merely pulled. It was tougher than ordinary meteors and moved at speeds ordinary meteors subject to the gravitational law couldn't move at. The only ability August has that can match or surpass that is a suicide blast. This is primarily why I say August doesn't advance.

As for August copying Erza's magic? The very nature of re-equip (the armours & items) suggest that's an impossibility.

Enima

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I should've just waited for the chapter to come out—it would've saved me from a lot of unneeded explanations. Zeref of this tournament lacks both Immortality & FH, so he cannot oppose Natsu full power. It's that simple. Natsu is the strongest combatant of this tournament—this doesn't necessarily mean he'd win though as I've already pointed out that match ups matter.

As for the pics showing August feats: they're impressive looking but not good enough to overpower Erza with, not even close. The fire blast did absolutely no damage to Natsu, Lucy & Happy because Natsu "more or less" nullified it. The meteor was the height of Irene's enchanted power; I think it's often neglected that it was going to completely destroy the battlefield, and this is because it was enchanted, not merely pulled. It was tougher than ordinary meteors and moved at speeds ordinary meteors subject to the gravitational law couldn't move at. The only ability August has that can match or surpass that is a suicide blast. This is primarily why I say August doesn't advance.

As for August copying Erza's magic? The very nature of re-equip (the armours & items) suggest that's an impossibility.
This guy managed to copy Erza's magic. It was the anime though, but if this guy could copy Erza's magic then I'm pretty sure August could do it too.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Total mismatch. August lol difs Erza. No effort.
What are people saying? Erza could beat August? Where is this coming from? Since when?
Erza would lose to Ajeel 1-on-1, hell she lost to Neinhart, and she would have lost to Eileen very handily and very fast if it hadnt been for Wendy negating her enchantments. There is no logical way for Erza to beat August.
Even if Erza, by some miracle, would manage to hit August, it still wouldn't matter. We are talking about a guy who took a Gildarts Haja Kensē at point blank range, and the result was a nosebleed.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
August.

Cancels magic and it's over.

Not like Erza is fodder, but she's up against one unlucky opponent.

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
This guy managed to copy Erza's magic. It was the anime though, but if this guy could copy Erza's magic then I'm pretty sure August could do it too.
Them that guy isn't just limited to only Caster Magic like Gemini. August on the other hand is so even though he may can copy requip, he won't have her armors since they're holder-type items that he needs

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I don't think it'll be that easy for August to win. Plotsu helps Erza because she's got grit and stamina. Though, maybe this is a pointless post as she still loses either way, and it's not like this is a gauntlet.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
No PIS!??? Thank god august finger flicks erza no diff yes I'm serious debate me if U want I dare u

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Are you seriously suggesting Melt is more powerful than the entire power of Tenrou Island?

Also please stop that was not Gildrats strongest attack. It was some magic that was stored in his arm.

Which is nowhere near this attack:

Also I pray to the heavens you aren't trying to claim that Gildarts attack was stronger than this:

Like's let's seriously cut the crap and actually look at feats shown. Outside of his sleep spell or Suicide Spell August doesn't have an attack that would take Erza Out or stop Erza.

1. Nakagami Armor can slice through Magic last time I checked. In the Manga no limitation was put on it so please stop with the Oh August magic is too strong for her to cut crap.

August can't nullify Erza Magic nor copy as a well known fact. Presented in the manga itself.

Present me with 1 spell August could use that he has shown outside of Sleep(Which is Mest Magic to make the mind follow an order), that could take Erza out that can be used in this battle.

First thing is first, yes I am implying that Melt is more powerful than Tenrou as a whole, not to mention like someone said Azuma's move doesn't use all of Tenrou's MP.

It is Gildarts' strongest move, you realize the attack Gildarts used on August and Serena are the same attack? Not to mention where did you get that he only has "some magic" in it, Gildarts channeled his MP through the arm and so it has as much magic as any move he'd use with his regular arm.

And so what if I am? Deus Sema is strong but it's far from the strongest we've seen.

Feats shown? August has sleep magic, lasers, melt, crash etc. All which are capable of killing Erza.

"Nakagami Armor can slice through Magic last time I checked. In the Manga no limitation was put on it so please stop with the Oh August magic is too strong for her to cut crap."

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NO. LIMITS. FALLACY.

You just implied because no upper limit was shown Erza can cut through anything, stop, just stop. According to you, we should get Erza cutting through Acno roars.

August doesn't need to copy or nullify Erza's magic to beat her.

Takeover twin

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
I have one point POWER of fandom
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Or August can use the Sleeping Magic he used against Brandish.If he can put to sleep Brandish then there is no reason why he can't put to sleep Erza.
But I think you forgetting her artificial eye remember when evergreen cast stone eyes erza was able to break free Cus of her eye

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I have one point POWER of fandom
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

But I think you forgetting her artificial eye remember when evergreen cast stone eyes erza was able to break free Cus of her eye
But that doesn't mean Sleeping Magic won't work on her.Remember how Mystogan's Sleeping Magic worked on Erza.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
There seems to be a confusion here. Erza uses caster AND holder magic, as pointed out by Happy in Chapter 14.

Caster magic to gain access to the swords.

Holder magic to use the swords.

The swords/armour are magical themselves (she didn't create them like Gray's moulding magic), which means she could take him out using her sword skills. August could copy accessing the swords but she would beat him in a duel. However, August has other magically skills that could beat her so who knows :S

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Moderator Notice:

As scheduled, the discussion for August vs Erza is now closed. However, the voting will be still open until tomorrow (Monday; May 22nd 2017 12 PM GMT). Thank you for your participation~ DiMaria Yesta

Status
Not open for further replies.