Anime - Berserk (2016) | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Berserk (2016)

hills100

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Episode 09 was hilariously bad because of the production values. Too bad for the one where he got the Berserker Armor, they must have used almost everything for the previous one or something.
The only good part was the Berserker armor transformation, that part was good, but the rest of the episode was probably the worst i've seen in terms of animation this season and even one of the worst in general. It was such a weird episode that contradicted all the improvements they made this season.

llamapie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
The only good part was the Berserker armor transformation, that part was good, but the rest of the episode was probably the worst i've seen in terms of animation this season and even one of the worst in general. It was such a weird episode that contradicted all the improvements they made this season.
They made improvements? It's still the same piss poor crap to me.

hills100

Reaction score
Country
United States
They made improvements? It's still the same piss poor crap to me.
There were slight improvements with the animation earlier in the season, it was still bad but better compared to last season, however the last 2-3 episodes had awful animation except several key scenes. They completely botched the attack on the witch hut and Gutts first battle with the Berserker armor.

About the recent episode:
For some odd reason they completely wrote off the "Moon child" first appearance on the beach. I hope that they simply decided to delay his appearance to after the group leaves for Elfheim in order to perhaps connect it more with Griffith's world transformation, the appearance of world tree and fusion between the astral plane and the materiel plane. Perhaps Miura changed his mind, and decided to connect the events together by having the moon child be the result of that fusion and some how be connected to the world tree and Griffith, which would make sense in a way. That's of course just my assumption. I just hope they didn't decide to change the story or drop the Moon light kid story line altogether.

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
There were slight improvements with the animation earlier in the season, it was still bad but better compared to last season, however the last 2-3 episodes had awful animation except several key scenes. They completely botched the attack on the witch hut and Gutts first battle with the Berserker armor.

About the recent episode:
For some odd reason they completely wrote off the "Moon child" first appearance on the beach. I hope that they simply decided to delay his appearance to after the group leaves for Elfheim in order to perhaps connect it more with Griffith's world transformation, the appearance of world tree and fusion between the astral plane and the materiel plane. Perhaps Miura changed his mind, and decided to connect the events together by having the moon child be the result of that fusion and some how be connected to the world tree and Griffith, which would make sense in a way. That's of course just my assumption. I just hope they didn't decide to change the story or drop the Moon light kid story line altogether.
This is why I stopped watching after the first 3 episodes from season 1. "It's better than nothing" is not something a Berserk fan should tolerate.

hills100

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is why I stopped watching after the first 3 episodes from season 1. "It's better than nothing" is not something a Berserk fan should tolerate.
So you just watched the first 3? i think that - despite the animation - it's worth seeing, the soundtrack, story and characters are strong enough that they manage to carry the tv series. There were a couple of episodes that were good in the first season and especially there was an improvement this season. It's worth watching despite the obvious weaknesses in the animation. You can continue with just the manga if you want though, it's still the best medium for this story.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Episode 11 was pretty bad. They skipped the Moonlight Child scenes too.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Man the last two minutes made me realize how much better this anime could be with proper animation, it actually looked pretty decent. And that Schierke smile, so adorable :wtf

Pretty weird place to end the anime, I guess we will get a continuation at some point. I kinda got used to the mostly horrible animation, so I guess I wouldn't mind it, simply because the source material is so strong. Just a shame that this could've been so much better, but no use crying over spilt milk...

Franckie

Reaction score
Country
United States
Compared to Season 1, Season 2 wins by a landslide. I'd prefer it'd follow the manga more closely, but I also understand the futility of asking for the impossible. Altogether, I think it wasn't shabby, though the anime still leaves much to be desired.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Season 2 was better, so episodes were pretty good, but still below average. They are teasing a S3 and I would not mind one either.

THM Nindo

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Really liked Season 2.

Hopefully we'll get a season 3.