Anime - Berserk (2016) | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Berserk (2016)

llamapie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
it is definitely a unique looking anime... i think the three golden age movies look a little better but overall the 3d aspect isnt bad looking, its just different

the story is honestly what makes it look so good

the cgi should only be used in certain instances, not spammed through the whole show
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

yes i am aware that i have lost the chance to read everything everything first and i cannot get that back

but i honestly introduced myself to the series out of boredom, i have the crunchyroll app on my phone, and because i had extra free time at work and at home i stumbled across this series under the "new this season" area of CR

so i started out on the anime, otherwise im certain i would have enjoyed it more if i read the manga first
the movies and anime are'nt bad though
Honestly though, not many of us started out on the manga. I remember I bought the box set of the original anime on Ebay back in the day, talking 15 years ago or so at this point. I binge watched it and I've been hooked on the series since then. The last 2 episodes with the eclipse were met with the most "WTF!!!!!!!!" faces I have ever produced, so I had to find out more. Then I started buying the english volumes and here we are. I have no regrets watching the anime first, none.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Average episode. Mozgus looks good in the preview.

Honestly though, not many of us started out on the manga. I remember I bought the box set of the original anime on Ebay back in the day, talking 15 years ago or so at this point. I binge watched it and I've been hooked on the series since then. The last 2 episodes with the eclipse were met with the most "WTF!!!!!!!!" faces I have ever produced, so I had to find out more. Then I started buying the english volumes and here we are. I have no regrets watching the anime first, none.
Maybe but this one starts after the Golden Age arc so it's definitely not a good way to start the series.

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2

Maybe but this one starts after the Golden Age arc so it's definitely not a good way to start the series.
Yea I can agree there. The golden age arc is what established the main characters and their back stories which is what created an emotional attachment for the reader. But at the same time if people see this anime and overlook it's flaws they will probably want to see the source material.

POW

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

This 2016 tv show is directly linked to the Golden Age Films that came out a few years back. Thus it picks up where they left off no need to rehash it.

Lucky for me I started watching the films just as the TV show was getting started so it was seamless for me.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
This 2016 tv show is directly linked to the Golden Age Films that came out a few years back. Thus it picks up where they left off no need to rehash it.

Lucky for me I started watching the films just as the TV show was getting started so it was seamless for me.
What I was saying is that getting into Berserk with this anime is bad, because it is not even adapting the Golden Age arc. Not everyone watched the movies. They skipped the Lost Children arc too.

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
What I was saying is that getting into Berserk with this anime is bad, because it is not even adapting the Golden Age arc. Not everyone watched the movies. They skipped the Lost Children arc too.
But a new berserk fan getting into it via anime is better than that same fan never giving the series a chance at all

I am going back and reading for that very reason

On that note i will state i have seen far worse adaptations, this anime and those 3 golden age arc movies arent bad

SonOfDaws

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
But a new berserk fan getting into it via anime is better than that same fan never giving the series a chance at all

I am going back and reading for that very reason

On that note i will state i have seen far worse adaptations, this anime and those 3 golden age arc movies arent bad
Shoutout to Tokyo Ghoul Root A
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also, just saw the current episode now and boy howdy..

What a treat.

SonOfDaws

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
As much as I.. critique this anime, I must say, the fucking OST is great and really makes some of the kinda mediocre (not in a funny way) scenes actually enjoyable. The fight with the angels is the first thing that comes to mind. Just those 2 tracks alone really did a lot for those scenes

Speaking of.. What's the name of that last track? The same one they played when Guts fought the Holy Iron Chain Knights

THM Nindo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It had a rough start, but I ended up really loving it in the end.
I was glad to hear that they were doing a second season! :)

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
It had a rough start, but I ended up really loving it in the end.
I was glad to hear that they were doing a second season! :)
They're planning another season after this???

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
A S2 huh, didn't expect that. I am used to the horrible quality but Zodd looked so bad :epicfacepalm.

The staff will learn from this and hopefully present a much better S2.

6/10 at best because of the plot, some moments I really liked and Hai Yo :gar. This episode reminded me how good the conclusion of this arc was.

smokeesid

Reaction score
Country
India
I have to say how badly they have made Zodd.

jakensama

MH Senpai
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah Zodd was one of the most impressive looking characters in the manga (which is full of them), he looks like garbage in this anime.

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Bahaha

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
If I have to rate this adapation, I would easily give it 3/10 because of the animation
The OST was really good (and Hai Yo literally was the only thing that saved the Guts vs Angels scene), and if it was in 2D rather than this bizarre animation, I would give it a 8/10

I believe the Berserk anime should start from scratch (aka from the fist chapter) and would require a lot of efforts and love to make it succeed, especially the Golden Age arc. As members mentioned before, most readers got attached to this manga because of that arc, it is the pillar supporting the story, starting from the Conviction Arc, and just doing movies for the Golden arc is a bad idea similar to the Boruto manga starting with just telling the movie events + monthly serialization

There are some animes where you feel the studio really love animating it, I believe Berserk should receive the same treatment

Last edited:

smokeesid

Reaction score
Country
India
Why would a genius copy the work of some other genius. He will create something new

That is why we will never be satisfied with any of the adaptation of Berserk

SonOfDaws

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
What I want to know is where the full version of that My Brother remix is...

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
not sure if this has been posted, but its a short preview for the continuation of the berserk anime in spring of 2017