Anime - Berserk (2016) | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Berserk (2016)

SonOfDaws

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Nothing stellar but the episode was enjoyable. I love all the Serpico scenes regardless of the animation.
Question.. I don't want too much detail, but have they done his first fight with Guts yet? If so how was it?

I can't wait to see what they didn't with the Goat God fuck party in the cave, but I know that'll be quite a sight to see so I won't ask about that one.

Vandred

Plan Deviser
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Question.. I don't want too much detail, but have they done his first fight with Guts yet? If so how was it?
They did, and it was ridiculous. I'll just say that it doesn't work if you make it last that long while only animating half of it.

The fight with the goat demon was handled much better than I expected, though, I'll give them that. Despite the black spots in the middle of the screen for censorship, of course, which at least will disappear in the DVD and Blu-ray version.

smokeesid

Reaction score
Country
India
People here condemn the anime excessively. I was watching the present episode and I was pleased to witness the beautiful portrayal of emotions, the background music and the over all flow of the anime with the way they have captured the pith of the panels of the manga (although they have cut the gruesomeness of the scenes of that torture house). There were things to admire but I was distracted from the memory of people here deprecating the anime. I think if the detractors of the anime ignore their niggles then they may find it enjoyable.

Anyway I am done coming here.

POW

Reaction score
Country
United States
The anime does have some questionable cheap CGI issues but overall it's still watchable and the music is dope. You gotta love the absence of nipples on the ladies tho....

I'd watch it any day over the 90's version which had really cheap crappy animation.

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Im new to the series
I have not read the manga, but i absolutely love this new anime , the perfect blend of cg and cell shaded graphics

Honestly its the most epic start to a story ive seen in a long time

Demonspeed

Bomb Demon
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
This one was thrilling. Possibly the best episode.

Im new to the series
I have not read the manga, but i absolutely love this new anime , the perfect blend of cg and cell shaded graphics

Honestly its the most epic start to a story ive seen in a long time
Did you at least watch the movies? You should do that before catching up with the anime.

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
This one was thrilling. Possibly the best episode.

Did you at least watch the movies? You should do that before catching up with the anime.
so the movies are canon? do you have a link to where i can stream them?

smokeesid

Reaction score
Country
India
It is better to read the manga instead. I started watching the movies but preferred reading the manga again. Reading the manga is miles better. Movies cut many things and there is a lack of atmosphere and thrill the manga has.

It is better to start from the last chapter of volume 3 from where The Golden Age arc starts

And as for where it should be read. It will be good to download its torrent through bakabt because it contains dark horse scans. But you should see bakabt's whitelist which is a list of permissible torrent software.

Hawk's(Edited Manga group related to Berserk like mangastream) translation is detracting. Dark horse produces official scans which is sold in USA.

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
It is better to read the manga instead. I started watching the movies but preferred reading the manga again. Reading the manga is miles better. Movies cut many things and there is a lack of atmosphere and thrill the manga has.

It is better to start from the last chapter of volume 3 from where The Golden Age arc starts

And as for where it should be read. It will be good to download its torrent through bakabt because it contains dark horse scans. But you should see bakabt's whitelist which is a list of permissible torrent software.

Hawk's(Edited Manga group related to Berserk like mangastream) translation is detracting. Dark horse produces official scans which is sold in USA.
What chapter is that?

And thanks for the info, im gonna dive head first into this series this weekend

Demonspeed

Bomb Demon
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Reading from the beginning is preferable IMO.

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
Demo let me ask you one thing

This current anime (2016)

Is it not starting at the begininng?

Demonspeed

Bomb Demon
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Demo let me ask you one thing

This current anime (2016)

Is it not starting at the begininng?
No. It adapts just a little part of the beginning then starts another arc. And since the most important arc has been adapted into movies(which is not the first either), it's kinda like the sequel.

POW

Reaction score
Country
United States
Personally I recommend you watch the 2012 Golden age Arc films first as it literally sets up the driving story line for everything. The stuff left out from the manga is not that important and it's mainly to keep the story grounded before diving into the more mystical elements of the story line later on.

I will PM you the links where I watched it.

After that then I would read the manga you will not be disappointed ! I'm fairly new to Berserk as well and I read 300 chapters in like one week.

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yea once i sit down to read something it goes pretty quick because i can read during down time at work
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
So the original tv anime (the 25 episod one ) mostly filler?

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Yea once i sit down to read something it goes pretty quick because i can read during down time at work
The original anime is everything before the new one (2016) you can watch the movies and you'll get the gist of it. Then go back to the manga and prepare to be astounded by miura's creation in full

Vandred

Plan Deviser
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
The original anime is everything before the new one (2016) you can watch the movies and you'll get the gist of it. Then go back to the manga and prepare to be astounded by miura's creation in full
The 25-episode series and the three movies cover the same arcs, but since the movies actually go a little further and end right where the current anime started, the films would be preferable between the two.

Still, all of them cut and readjust a lot of stuff from the manga (and they're generally considered not very good, with the films being the best-received among them so far), so I definitely suggest to read the original work if you can.

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
I will say one thing after marathoning the movies and rewatching the current 9 episodes

Guts is the best protagonist ive seen
Seinen shounen non-anime
Whatever
Hes easily the best

Im not someone who always likes the protagonist best , in fact in this story i like the skull king the most

But guts is the best lead man ive ever seen

One more question

What chapter in the manga does episode 9 (berz 2016) leave off on?
I definitely plan on reading the entirety of the manga after i catch up, im in that cant wait to see what happens next mode after the battle at the tower of conviction left us on a cliffhanger

I have several more question for all of you berserk senpai's but ill wait until im caught up on the manga to ask them (for the questions may very well be answered )
--- Double Post Merged, ---
The 25-episode series and the three movies cover the same arcs, but since the movies actually go a little further and end right where the current anime started, the films would be preferable between the two.

Still, all of them cut and readjust a lot of stuff from the manga (and they're generally considered not very good, with the films being the best-received among them so far), so I definitely suggest to read the original work if you can.
Absolutely, i never Expected to fall in love with this series as fast as i did, but when i get into a series i generally leave no stone unturned . I also got my little brother into this weekend he said its easily in his top 5 too

llamapie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
I will say one thing after marathoning the movies and rewatching the current 9 episodes

Guts is the best protagonist ive seen
Seinen shounen non-anime
Whatever
Hes easily the best

Im not someone who always likes the protagonist best , in fact in this story i like the skull king the most

But guts is the best lead man ive ever seen

One more question

What chapter in the manga does episode 9 (berz 2016) leave off on?

I definitely plan on reading the entirety of the manga after i catch up, im in that cant wait to see what happens next mode after the battle at the tower of conviction left us on a cliffhanger

I have several more question for all of you berserk senpai's but ill wait until im caught up on the manga to ask them (for the questions may very well be answered )
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Absolutely, i never Expected to fall in love with this series as fast as i did, but when i get into a series i generally leave no stone unturned . I also got my little brother into this weekend he said its easily in his top 5 too
Well I'm glad you can stomach the new anime in all it's CGI ... "glory". Anyways yea the manga is an amazing journey, enjoy the ride.

smokeesid

Reaction score
Country
India
By watching the anime and spoiling yourself about the plot. Now you have missed the kind of anxiety ridden, tense and alert atmosphere manga creates for the first time reader. Although this experience is not universal.

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I'm glad you can stomach the new anime in all it's CGI ... "glory". Anyways yea the manga is an amazing journey, enjoy the ride.
it is definitely a unique looking anime... i think the three golden age movies look a little better but overall the 3d aspect isnt bad looking, its just different

the story is honestly what makes it look so good

the cgi should only be used in certain instances, not spammed through the whole show
By watching the anime and spoiling yourself about the plot. Now you have missed the kind of anxiety ridden, tense and alert atmosphere manga creates for the first time reader. Although this experience is not universal.
yes i am aware that i have lost the chance to read everything everything first and i cannot get that back

but i honestly introduced myself to the series out of boredom, i have the crunchyroll app on my phone, and because i had extra free time at work and at home i stumbled across this series under the "new this season" area of CR

so i started out on the anime, otherwise im certain i would have enjoyed it more if i read the manga first
the movies and anime are'nt bad though