Anime - Berserk (2016) | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Berserk (2016)

milek

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Anime was good for me, little too fast but it was ok. Animations was little strange but we can get everything so 8/10 for me.

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Anime was good for me, little too fast but it was ok. Animations was little strange but we can get everything so 8/10 for me.
any word on what season the berserk 2017 anime will be (spring or summer?)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
not sure if this has been posted, but its a short preview for the continuation of the berserk anime in spring of 2017

i am an idiot, first 3 seconds of the video says spring 2017
:facepalm

llamapie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Ok I've held back. I know when we first got teasers of the 2016 anime I vehemently defended it. Saying "it can't possibly look that bad, come on!" I really wanted that to be true because in my rationale there is no way something as high quality as Berserk could get such a piss poor adaptation. Well,
I was wrong.
Not only was I wrong, it was worse than I could ever imagine. It pisses me off. Here you have one of the greatest manga ever made and even beyond that it is considered one of the best fantasy graphic novels ever written (manga or not). It earned this reputation due to an impossibly high quality in both art and story. So why on earth would something so majestic, so awe inspiring... get this? This steaming pile of CGI turds and nauseating camera movement mixed with some of the worst sound design (minus the music) ever made. Like seriously what about the dragon slayer resembles a god damn bell!? "CLANG!" Go F yourself Shin Itagaki. We have animation gems coming out recently for short seasons with amazing quality that Berserk deserves. Talking the likes of One Punch Man, Attack on Titan, etc.. But no we get quality that wouldn't even pass god damn PBS standards.

SHIT.

I just can't wrap my head around this one. Why on earth would Miura be okay with this adaptation? Does he truly not give a shit anymore? I would sue the fucker who mocked my work like this especially after all the blood, sweat, and countless hours of attention to detail that went into this masterpiece. Nah man some inexperienced twat waffle, Shin Itagaki, was given the reigns to direct what should be the best anime ever made. Instead we get this lower than garbage stinky STD ridden shit pile that would have gotten even a special needs kid kicked out of school.

Ok now that I got that off my chest. Season 2 looks just as bad.

Shin Itagaki
The face of pure evil.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Guts looks good here. Casca and Farnese however... The others are fine.

smokeesid

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
But such mediocre visuals may also show why Berserk has such a slow releases. To replicate the visuals present in the manga, the creators will have to take extreme amount of time when anime is made up of multiple frames. I can be wrong though. Correct me if I am.

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
But such mediocre visuals may also show why Berserk has such a slow releases. To replicate the visuals present in the manga, the creators will have to take extreme amount of time when anime is made up of multiple frames. I can be wrong though. Correct me if I am.
It doesn't have to be 1:1 with the manga, but the quality could and should be much higher.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
New PV

The new season started with two episodes. I liked it more than I thought I would, the CGI is a bit better and it was rushed(less Guts monologues during the winter journey, Serpico and Farnese's backstory etc).

THM Nindo

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Real great start for season 2!
The CGI is waaaaay better than in season 1.

Only bummer... they changed the Opening.
The song is good, but nowhere near the song from Season 1!!

PS:
I still think they should show nipples...
This just looks weird without them really...

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Episode 03 was decent as well. CGI or not, Griffith looks godly. The one thing I don't like is the calm track they like to use during Griffith scenes, it's boring.

Reactions: Nii

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Episode 03 was decent as well. CGI or not, Griffith looks godly. The one thing I don't like is the calm track they like to use during Griffith scenes, it's boring.
lol I wanted to say the same, even with the abysmal CGI Griffith looks great. He's so godlike that he can withstand even that :XD I guess Miura told them that this is the one thing they have to get right no matter what

Pretty good episode overall, the quality of the animation is somewhat getting better, if only slightly. Still watching this anime brings back so many Berserk feels, this truly could have been amazing if a better studio took care of this, but there's no point crying over spilt milk I guess.

hills100

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
lol I wanted to say the same, even with the abysmal CGI Griffith looks great. He's so godlike that he can withstand even that :XD I guess Miura told them that this is the one thing they have to get right no matter what

Pretty good episode overall, the quality of the animation is somewhat getting better, if only slightly. Still watching this anime brings back so many Berserk feels, this truly could have been amazing if a better studio took care of this, but there's no point crying over spilt milk I guess.
Yea, despite the CGI,the animation is better compared to season 1 ,though i think it could have been so much better - considering the level of source material. Imo ,The strong story, design/backgrounds and soundtrack are carrying the series. I think the second season started well and so far the pace is good.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Episode 04 was decent as well. Satomi Arai as Ivalera is perfect.
Episode full of exposition. Decent one again, liked it more than the others. I like how they used the ED too.

SpawnM12

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Why is it not shown, how guts get the Dragonslayer, its a main Part of the Manga i think

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Why is it not shown, how guts get the Dragonslayer, its a main Part of the Manga i think
At the end of the third movie they just showed Guts leaving Godo's forge with it, there is no detailed flashback in S1 either. They skipped it.

Franckie

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just nearly done catching up on all Berserk 2017. The animation seems more solid and I like this opening/ending far better than the 2016 anime. I wish the animation wasn't rushed, however. Berserk is more than popular enough to warrant several seasons of material.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Wow I guess it's just me who loves the animation in 2016 and 2017, the animation makes the show a lot less childish unlike most Anime and the animation makes character movements in combat more fluid and believable the only thing I'm worried about is how fast the show is moving, I mean if they make 2018 and by 2019 the show will by then catch up to the manga and we might get something as annoying as DB-Super with crap Anime story and awesome manga adaptation :(

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Just finished Episode 08. It was good, pretty good even.

Wow I guess it's just me who loves the animation in 2016 and 2017, the animation makes the show a lot less childish unlike most Anime and the animation makes character movements in combat more fluid and believable the only thing I'm worried about is how fast the show is moving, I mean if they make 2018 and by 2019 the show will by then catch up to the manga and we might get something as annoying as DB-Super with crap Anime story and awesome manga adaptation :(
Well, Berserk is not childish. S1 was horrible but this one is decent. The staff is improving.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Just finished Episode 08. It was good, pretty good even.

Well, Berserk is not childish. S1 was horrible but this one is decent. The staff is improving.

Well most none childish Anime have childish animation that make the story childish and puts it off for me, the way 2016 and 2017 are animated makes it feel like I am truly watching a mature Anime with a mature story.
You are right in that 2017 has better animation but out of the Anime that have come out this past 2 years only Attack on Titan has better animation than Berserk, just don't get why most of you hate on it so much :(

Anyway I'm really interested in where the Anime will end regarding the story

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Episode 09 was hilariously bad because of the production values. Too bad for the one where he got the Berserker Armor, they must have used almost everything for the previous one or something.