Discussion - Boku no Hero Academia The 2nd Movie: "HEROES: RISING" | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Boku no Hero Academia The 2nd Movie: "HEROES: RISING"

sho87

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Meh this movie is not that impressive.

NegaiFreak

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This might be a really random question, but has it ever been explicitly stated that One For All can't be transferred back to a previous user?

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
This might be a really random question, but has it ever been explicitly stated that One For All can't be transferred back to a previous user?
Nope. The situation never came up. Several of them transferred the quirk while they were dying and Nana most likely did it once she realized AFO was closing in on her.

NegaiFreak

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nope. The situation never came up. Several of them transferred the quirk while they were dying and Nana most likely did it once she realized AFO was closing in on her.
Thanks. I'm doing an adaptation of the movie, so I wanted to be sure that there wasn't anything saying OFA couldn't be transferred back to Izuku.

NegaiFreak

Reaction score
Country
United States
Since I've finally finished my adaptation for this film's story, I now finally feel ready to write a formal review on it.

I think comparing it to its predecessor, I'd say they're equally as good. Two Heroes ended up being a good story that delved more into All Might's background with his upbringing to become the greatest hero. Including the friends that supported him along the way. It was really nice to see how Izuku and Melissa reflected All Might and David so well in the film, becoming their successors in more ways than one.

When it comes to this film... it's more geared towards Izuku and Katsuki. Now I say this film in theaters before the pandemic, and in the dub. (No dub haters, please) I liked what they did with the rivalry between Izuku and Katsuki. Obviously, Katsuki's not trying to be nice with Izuku. In fact, he HAS to in order to beat Nine.

Speaking of whom, I wished they did him a lot better. The whole... 'I have the power to rule the whole world' cliche was really just not interesting to his character. And he had that backstory with the League, too! I thought he'd have something other than wanting to rule over the superhuman society. Then again, there aren't really any great movie anime villains. At least Johnny Young Bosch played Nine. That was worth seeing him for.

And if we're talking about voice acting, the dub did amazingly well. The kids especially were highlights. I loved Katsuma and Mahoro whenever they were on screen. Obviously, Zeno Robinson was fun to listen to as Hawks, too. And the villains were voiced pretty well.

Now as to the elephant in the room: Izuku giving One For All to Katsuki and getting it back simply because the Quirk wishes to stay with him.

Okay... I get the backlash behind this. Believe me, I did something completely different in my adaptation. If it were me writing this story, I would have it so that Katsuki would wake up and give One For All willingly back to Izuku. I'd even add that he would acknowledge Izuku for doing something with such a risk in order to defeat Nine. Honestly, it would've been funny and a big tension reliever if Katsuki force-fed Izuku his hair once All Might tells him how to return One For All.

But instead, we got what we got.

Did I like the film? Yeah. I didn't like it as much as Two Heroes, probably because of the audience excitement during that movie, but I was extremely moved by some of the content that was put in here. There was a lot of great stuff, but it did feel a bit disjointed in some places, especially around the end.

Well, that's it from me. If Horikoshi does decide on doing a third film, I hope he can put together a good story and an interesting villain.

Sereen123

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Since I've finally finished my adaptation for this film's story, I now finally feel ready to write a formal review on it.

I think comparing it to its predecessor, I'd say they're equally as good. Two Heroes ended up being a good story that delved more into All Might's background with his upbringing to become the greatest hero. Including the friends that supported him along the way. It was really nice to see how Izuku and Melissa reflected All Might and David so well in the film, becoming their successors in more ways than one.

When it comes to this film... it's more geared towards Izuku and Katsuki. Now I say this film in theaters before the pandemic, and in the dub. (No dub haters, please) I liked what they did with the rivalry between Izuku and Katsuki. Obviously, Katsuki's not trying to be nice with Izuku. In fact, he HAS to in order to beat Nine.

Speaking of whom, I wished they did him a lot better. The whole... 'I have the power to rule the whole world' cliche was really just not interesting to his character. And he had that backstory with the League, too! I thought he'd have something other than wanting to rule over the superhuman society. Then again, there aren't really any great movie anime villains. At least Johnny Young Bosch played Nine. That was worth seeing him for.

And if we're talking about voice acting, the dub did amazingly well. The kids especially were highlights. I loved Katsuma and Mahoro whenever they were on screen. Obviously, Zeno Robinson was fun to listen to as Hawks, too. And the villains were voiced pretty well.

Now as to the elephant in the room: Izuku giving One For All to Katsuki and getting it back simply because the Quirk wishes to stay with him.

Okay... I get the backlash behind this. Believe me, I did something completely different in my adaptation. If it were me writing this story, I would have it so that Katsuki would wake up and give One For All willingly back to Izuku. I'd even add that he would acknowledge Izuku for doing something with such a risk in order to defeat Nine. Honestly, it would've been funny and a big tension reliever if Katsuki force-fed Izuku his hair once All Might tells him how to return One For All.

But instead, we got what we got.

Did I like the film? Yeah. I didn't like it as much as Two Heroes, probably because of the audience excitement during that movie, but I was extremely moved by some of the content that was put in here. There was a lot of great stuff, but it did feel a bit disjointed in some places, especially around the end.

Well, that's it from me. If Horikoshi does decide on doing a third film, I hope he can put together a good story and an interesting villain.
Personally in regard to the OFA situation at the end. I would have liked if they just said that since deku felt that he “had to” transfer it to beat nine and that part of him still wasn’t “willing” to let it go that maybe that’s the reason OFA came back. They can’t have Bakugo give me back the quirk due to what we learn in season 5 about OFA

cracker

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks. I'm doing an adaptation of the movie, so I wanted to be sure that there wasn't anything saying OFA couldn't be transferred back to Izuku.
He didn't have Bakugo returning it to circumvent Deku having access to Explosion, and thus removing the most popular character uniqueness and making him less relevant in fights etc.

NegaiFreak

Reaction score
Country
United States
He didn't have Bakugo returning it to circumvent Deku having access to Explosion, and thus removing the most popular character uniqueness and making him less relevant in fights etc.
...That's not what I was going for in my adaptation. I just wanted to be that it wasn't explicitly stated that OFA couldn't be transferred back to a previous user. Besides, I wouldn't want Izuku to have access to Explosion either.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Anyways, for those who are curious... here's my adaptation: CLICK HERE!