Reading - Collective reading of an Old (complete) good comic | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Reading Collective reading of an Old (complete) good comic

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
I have changed the first post of the thread to make it a permanent thread to meet people with whom to read good old comics. I add some comics to the initial list and also I included your preferences in the current interested readers lists. Of course, you can change your preferences any time. Please check it out.

---------- Post added May 23, 2013 at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was April 24, 2013 at 03:18 AM ----------

Thread for the collective reading of Eden it's an Endless World opened.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
So... Any news here ?

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
So... Any news here ?
Thanks for asking :)

The project keeps going on. Reading of Eden got canceled because it didn't get readers. So, now only Nausicaä is being readed.

It has been difficult to understand the fact that many people find the project interesting and like the idea; and, at the same time participation and discussion have been rather low.

Threads of the project has got more posts than any other in the Otaku section, and I think with Planetes we had much more interaction than what we have had with Nausica. IMO, Nausica is a master piece and a much better story than Planetes. But maybe the low interaction could happened because the plot is more complex and rich, and the political, philosophical, and ethical features are possibly more difficult to tackle than those of Planetes. (I am writing a little paper about Nausica, and I have to rewritten it twice - I will post in some days).

Anyway, in general, I think the project needs advertisement and possibly more support from the staff in this site. Also I can see that a reviewer sharing his/her impressions as long as advances it would benefit the respective reading. But that needs work and possibly not everyone has the disposition to do something like that.

Once I've ended my written comment of Nausica, I will open an invitation to read the next comic. I have to say I would like to see someone else taking an initiative like that, with what he/she wants to read. Personally, among the chances we have been discussed, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou makes me smile the most.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Well if there's another manga/manwha I may advise, it is The Ravages of Time... PERFECT MASTERPIECE ! I don't think any single manga can beat it, it's just too awesome honestly

I'm gonna begin reading Nausicaa since I've finished my exams, will try to catch up to you guys

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Well if there's another manga/manwha I may advise, it is The Ravages of Time... PERFECT MASTERPIECE ! I don't think any single manga can beat it, it's just too awesome honestly

I'm gonna begin reading Nausicaa since I've finished my exams, will try to catch up to you guys
But The Ravages of Time is still ongoing, so it's not for this kind of project of reading a complete good comic.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
But The Ravages of Time is still ongoing, so it's not for this kind of project of reading a complete good comic.
It's still a shame to not read it tho, trust me when I say that The Ravages of Time will make any other manga look like " crap " literally, shit is too good

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
It's still a shame to not read it tho, trust me when I say that The Ravages of Time will make any other manga look like " crap " literally, shit is too good
I will put it in my future reading list.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Okay so, I've read Nausicaa for a bit (first volume), what can I say... Not a fan, have difficulties with the art (biggest turn off for me), and the whole universe doesn't really attract me either, will keep reading till the third volume and see if it worth it or not

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Okay so, I've read Nausicaa for a bit (first volume), what can I say... Not a fan, have difficulties with the art (biggest turn off for me), and the whole universe doesn't really attract me either, will keep reading till the third volume and see if it worth it or not
You won't get a fair concept of the whole story with out reagind the last 2 volumes. They are the best, and make sense of all the volumes.

We are discussing it in this thread.

---------- Post added June 23, 2013 at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was June 08, 2013 at 04:52 PM ----------

First post updated with the addition of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou to the ongoing readings list. :^_^ It seems that reading took off nicely.

Last edited:

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
First post udpdated with the addition of Vagrant Soldier Ares.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
I'm currently buying the volumes of Samidare in French. Volume 10 will come out in December. I know that a lot of people have already read it but if some are interested in making a joint read let me know and I will wait a little before continuing.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
I'm currently buying the volumes of Samidare in French. Volume 10 will come out in December. I know that a lot of people have already read it but if some are interested in making a joint read let me know and I will wait a little before continuing.
I totally join!! Give me some days, I'll create the thread. If you know some suggestive and also critique comments, that would help to create the initial post.

Ninja_Pirate

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Last year was really fun with reading the mangas together .. it was a good concept to begin with and I missed number of collective readings like Ares and biscuit hammer .. which I read later on ... I also read Monster, Vagabond(not finished but I doubt it will be finished, don't know when will it be back) and recently finished reading Holyland ... They are awesome and so much to discuss in all of them ... After reading Holyland it just feels like discussing ... So came back here ... :D ..

Now I am planning to read Suicide Island, 7 Seeds, Slam Dunk , Gantz, Samurai Deeper Kyo, KYOU KARA ORE WA ... is anyone interested anymore in collective reading ?? my priority would be suicide island for now :D

EDIT: Sorry my bad.. suicide island is ongoing .. I guess will read Slam dunk or kyou Kara Ore wa

Last edited: