Shounen - Dead Rock by Hiro Mashima | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Dead Rock by Hiro Mashima

Velvet-Demon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Ice guy dead , no of course not plot armor Mikoto will bring him back like she did with Raizen just by pull back the pieces together or something or somebody else will save him if it was real dark fantasy , Raizen will be dead for good but that's not the case.

Grimzilla32

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm actually a little bummed Hien is dead, Mashima is really killing characters left and right and makes me realize this is probably going to be a short series

Hien had the potential to be Bren's enemy, Frey was Louzen's enemy, but now I just expect them all to be dead by the end at this rate

Also, why make a main character bio sheet for Hien just as they kill him, seems like a waste

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Ice guy dead , no of course not plot armor Mikoto will bring him back like she did with Raizen just by pull back the pieces together or something or somebody else will save him if it was real dark fantasy , Raizen will be dead for good but that's not the case.
Bro, you like Eden zero lmao. You can't be talking shit

Velvet-Demon

Reaction score
Country
France
Bro, you like Eden zero lmao. You can't be talking shit
In EZ the deads coming back make sense because Multiverse in one univers some characters died in an another one there are alive CQFD.

In DR if Mashima wanted to really make Dark Fantsasy like Claymore and others Raizen should stay dead simple but that's not the case so yeah ice guy dead ? Big LOL.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Maybe through some weird necromancy ice guy can remain around as a ghost.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
In DR if Mashima wanted to really make Dark Fantsasy like Claymore and others Raizen should stay dead simple but that's not the case so yeah ice guy dead ? Big LOL.
Bro for now they're dead. You can't be talking shit when you don't know what's going to happen in the next chapter. Mikoto can't bring back someone who's turned into mashed potatoes did you not read the chapter or you just glanced over it? Typical Eden zero fan showing insecurities.

Velvet-Demon

Reaction score
Country
France
Bro for now they're dead. You can't be talking shit when you don't know what's going to happen in the next chapter. Mikoto can't bring back someone who's turned into mashed potatoes did you not read the chapter or you just glanced over it? Typical Eden zero fan showing insecurities.
"Mikoto can't bring back someone who's turned into mashed potatoes did you" , yeah that's what she said until she miraculously found a way to do it (not the first time Mashima make a character said he can't do shit but few moments later he can do it).

PS: Until Rizen really passed away for now he alive and if you think Mikoto is gonna die well I can just saying you're naive.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Mikoto can't bring back someone who's turned into mashed potatoes did you" , yeah that's what she said until she miraculously found a way to do it (not the first time Mashima make a character said he can't do shit but few moments later he can do it).
what are you talking about? Ice suzaku got turned into mashed potatoes and mikoto can't bring him back. Try to read it's not that hard. Show me the panel where mikoto revived someone who has no body parts left I'd like to see it
When did I say mikoto is gonna die?

Velvet-Demon

Reaction score
Country
France
what are you talking about? Ice suzaku got turned into mashed potatoes and mikoto can't bring him back. Try to read it's not that hard. Show me the panel where mikoto revived someone who has no body parts left I'd like to see it
When did I say mikoto is gonna die?
And you try to understand what peoples tells you , I said it juste a matter of time until someone bring him back or she find a way to ressurected him even if she says she can't so Hien death is irrelevant as fuck (hello this is Mashima we talking about he said one thing a chapter and he said the opposite next time).

Prince of the RL District

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Mahn this chapter was soo good but I've got mixed feelings about all this. On one hand, this looks really good and it's got my hyped but, on the other hand this was how I felt about when Mashima was cooking with early Edens Zero, we know down the line he gonna drop the ball hard with this manga and it's gonna get me real salty.

Yunkers

Reaction score
Country
Poland
When did being Edens Zero fan become an insult? Did you guys forget when EZ started and everyone was like 'Oh, this series is so much better than FT, it's so dark and people are dying". Lol
Just give this series some time. Sooner or later Mashima will start bringing people back, just because he wants to. It's his way of writing. And this series is not taking itself too seriously, so anything can happen.
Really guys, this whole series is about demons who want to go to human realm. You can easily say that no one there is alive to begin with and bring anyone back

Last edited:

Grimzilla32

Reaction score
Country
United States
My take on this is Mashima wasted our times now with the Hien story (and honestly the Raizen one, for a short as that was) if he was just going to unceremoniously off him. I'm not opposed to character deaths but it's got to mean something in the grand scheme of things. Like Frey's Sister probably should've remained a factor for Frey's character arc, but it seemed wrapped up far too quickly for shock value. Now I'm expecting none of these characters to survive, and I feel I'm wasting time learning about them.

This is why plot armor for heroes and villains are a thing in stories, so you can build something to look forward to. This is starting to feel like another mini series from Mashima now.

Mashima is way better than this; Rave Master, Fairy Tail (especially), and even Edens Zero show he can build up characters extremely well and give even a side character an great mini arc and fight.

Prince of the RL District

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
My take on this is Mashima wasted our times now with the Hien story (and honestly the Raizen one, for a short as that was) if he was just going to unceremoniously off him. I'm not opposed to character deaths but it's got to mean something in the grand scheme of things. Like Frey's Sister probably should've remained a factor for Frey's character arc, but it seemed wrapped up far too quickly for shock value. Now I'm expecting none of these characters to survive, and I feel I'm wasting time learning about them.

This is why plot armor for heroes and villains are a thing in stories, so you can build something to look forward to. This is starting to feel like another mini series from Mashima now.

Mashima is way better than this; Rave Master, Fairy Tail (especially), and even Edens Zero show he can build up characters extremely well and give even a side character an great mini arc and fight.
I don't think Raizen's backstory was a waste since he was brough back as a zombie. Hien on the other hand tho..
That said, I still think Hien will be brought back one way or another, these bunch seem like the secondary protagonists, no way mashima just gonna off them this early.

Shoutmon

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Mashima did say that he wanted this to be a short series (I heard somewhere that he initially planned for around 3 or so volumes), so I can see why he doesn't mind killing some of the main cast this soon. It also showed that no one besides Yakuto is "safe", which can add some tension to these encounters imo

Last edited:

Grimzilla32

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think Raizen's backstory was a waste since he was brough back as a zombie. Hien on the other hand tho..
That said, I still think Hien will be brought back one way or another, these bunch seem like the secondary protagonists, no way mashima just gonna off them this early.
I would hope Hien is somehow not dead because we literally got nothing from him and a character like him had/has a lot of potential. If he doesn't then he shoved everything on the guy on the literal last second

Grimzilla32

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think this cements that Mashima is just speed running to the end now.

I'm noticing Mashima doesn't lend himself well to monthly releases, weekly or biweekly suit him best