Games - Elden Ring | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Elden Ring

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Ah, didn't see your ask about areas. Well, I think visually the most stunning places were Limgrave, Liurnia, and Siofra. Caelid was cool too for Berserk vibes, but Altus kind of felt like a more mountainous version of Limgrave and didn't have as much of an impact.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Vaati's content hasn't been amazing recently tbh. He hasn't done anything really piecing together the story, rather just superficial analisys of stuff we'd get by following sidequests through. Smoughtown's videos have been great because he goes to great lengths to piece together item descriptions with environmental evidence. The only bit about that video I sort of object to is the greater will being in charge during the age of dragons. It's of course a possible scenario but to me it feels like the evidence of that is not quite at the point where there should be that much certainty about it.

That said, the Queelag (another content creator) really blew my mind with one of her videos because she provided a reasonable explanation for radagon and rennala and the damn amber egg. In the game we learn that radagon invaded raya lucaria, was met with defeat, then he married rennala, learned sorceries to become complete and eventually abandoned renala to become the second elden lord while leaving behind the amber egg. When the tarnished meets rennala she is insane and continually rebirths raya lucaria students. Queelag specifically provides a reason as for why radagon left the amber egg. Carians have the cuckoos, they are the carian army. They hate albinaurics, deeming them impure lifeforms. And they hate anything that tampers with the natural life (I am not sure of the exact context of this or how far it goes). Rennala using the amber egg is something that would immediately put her at odds with the cuckoos. Which looks like the final stab of radagon's process to destroy raya lucaria from within.

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
@kkck

Thoughts on this?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
oh, I am definitely watching that. I read online the suggestion that the greater will is not an outer god though the reasoning for that is usually ends up being that the greater will is never referred to as an outer god. Even though evidently it's a god (since it outranks both marika and it's god vassal the elden beast) and its presumably outside the lands between. I feel like in FS games "god" is a bit of a fungible term and gods are what you make of them. i could buy the greater will being above other known or suspected outer gods... I can't wait to get a look at the video.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ok, have watched the first few minutes of the video.The first thing that stands out to me is his framing of abrahamic god. Specially when it pertains to eru illuvatar. He calls the Illuvatar and the valar "gods". Right of the bat this is a grievously wrong mischaracterization of the valar. Iluvatar is basically the abrahamic god, the actual creator. In context, a being of unfathomably infinite good and potency. The valar in turn are created beings, infinitely inferior to illuvatar. In context of course the valar are more akin to angelic beings and their power is immensely beyond human comprehension. An abrahamic god should be understood as exclusively as omnipotent, omniscient and ultimately peerless. None of its creation are close seconds. Or thirds. It's position as the apex of existence is unquestionable and unmovable.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

With that in mind, it's not really a stretch that the greater will is inspired by the abrahamic god. However functionally there are clear differences. The greater will does not appear to have unlimited power for one. We know the greater will's influence on the LB has diminished. Even the nox mirrorhelm makes the point that it is designed, and presumably is effective, to war of the influence of the greater will and its vassals. A proper abrahamic god couldn't possibly have its influence over the world be reduced. Let alone there being a challenge to it. Even from the LoTR creation myth angle you have something like this being said in regards to illuvatar. Melkor can try to corrupt the creation but he can't actually affect the outcome of illuvatar's plan.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

To me it also stands out that so far he has talked about outer gods seemingly mirroring in mockery the system implemented by the elden ring. As in mogh's attempt at becoming miquella's lord. Or the frenzy flame having a lord. However we do have an ending which gets rid of the greater will, ranni's ending. My specific disagreement here is that he talks about this as being a mockery of the greater will, god. However I would argue this pertains more to how the ER functions. You need a vassal god and a lord to take charge. It's how the ER works. That's why every alternative has a god that hosts the ER and a lord. Even the eternal city folk were trying to craft lords.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Seriously, literally yesterday I had given up on ER getting a DLC.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Seriously, literally yesterday I had given up on ER getting a DLC.
I unistalled the game like a few days ago saying to myself that i will continue it (my second playthrough) once the DLC comes out. Few days later DLC gets announced lol

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Welp, we got the dlc trailer... wild stuff. I have seen the thing like 15 times, there's just so much to unpack...