Discussion - Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread | Page 900 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

• Team Spriggan 12

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

Votes: 43 51.2%

• Total voters

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
No, she couldnt have. Those fireballs Ignia were spamming in the beginning werent as strong as his roar. They werent even as hot the flames Ignia used to set Selene on fire. The latter would have killed Selene if she didnt teleport into water.

Moreover, there's good reason to believe that the roar Ignia used at the end was simply stronger than the one he used in the beginning. The whole speech he gave was about how he has surpassed Igneel and would have beaten Acnologia. So his final roar was to demonstrate a level of power he thought would have beaten Acnologia.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
you don’t know that, any attack is stronger than a breath attack. And yet they can be put out with some water, not hot at all compared to other flames. No indication of that, just an inconvenience. He did not make is a named roar which makes it no different from the other one unless stated. Plus Selene talked in past tense as in the fight was off “who ever won” vs “who ever wins”. That is no indication that he was going to attack, that is just bragging and hiding his true intentions behind his beliefs. Again, too close and was enough to react for Selene.
Don't waste your time with wowfan. He thinks Lucy is star level. Not worth it bro
way to twist words, I said Gotfried is star level as it takes more than one wizard to use and can move stars

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I do know that. The roar blasted a hole in Selene. The fireball spam didnt.

Ignia didnt make a conscious effort to catch Selene off guard. It's not like he tried to teleport behind her or attack her while she was in the middle of talking. He simply got angry at the idea that Natsu thought he was weak, and attacked Selene to make a point. Selene simply couldnt react.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
He did as he hid his intentions behind his speech. Yet he transformed before her which showed he needed to go Dragon for that, he was done talking at that point. No, he was laughing than angry, he is arrogant for that. Selene was done fighting at that point

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I do know that. The roar blasted a hole in Selene. The fireball spam didnt.

Ignia didnt make a conscious effort to catch Selene off guard. It's not like he tried to teleport behind her or attack her while she was in the middle of talking. He simply got angry at the idea that Natsu thought he was weak, and attacked Selene to make a point. Selene simply couldnt react.
Do you believe that you can convince him. It doesn't even make sense to me how people think ignia is the one trying off guard here. He literally walks into Dg territory. The whole reason for the labyrinth arc is cuz selene doesn't want to 1v1 a full power dragon god. Ignia was the last person talking so selene's attention should have been on him. Why the fuck would she still be looking at natsu?
Fuck this is why I stopped debating here,

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
And the other bit it is hardly a sneak attack when he knows it’s coming instead of attacking he talks, he likes to talk
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Do you believe that you can convince him. It doesn't even make sense to me how people think ignia is the one trying off guard here. He literally walks into Dg territory. The whole reason for the labyrinth arc is cuz selene doesn't want to 1v1 a full power dragon god. Ignia was the last person talking so selene's attention should have been on him. Why the fuck would she still be looking at natsu?
Because they both stopped fighting, Selene talks as though the fight is over as no one won. And yet she could enlarge the moon in her human form. Nothing indicates Ignia could do that in human form. Yet she charged at him, and Ignia didn’t go to her at first opportunity if he was trying to be the best. Because she likes humans who don’t hunt dragons

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
He didnt hide his intentions with his speech. His speech told us his intentions plainly. He wanted to prove to Natsu that he was stronger than Igneel and Acnologia by beating Selene. I mean, that was literally what his whole speech was about.

Ignia and Selene were both transforming into dragons while they were talking. This hardly tells us anything. It's not like Ignia tried to attack Selene while she was in her human form. He waited long after she transformed before launching his first attack. If anything, I could argue that Ignia knew Selene's much stronger in her dragon form...and wanted a better fight.

way to twist words, I said Gotfried is star level as it takes more than one wizard to use and can move stars
Lucy can cast Gottfried by herself. Gottfried doesnt hit with star level power, unless you think Kyria can survive star level power.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Tbh, Im not trying to convince him.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
He didnt hide his intentions with his speech. His speech told us his intentions plainly. He wanted to prove to Natsu that he was stronger than Ignia and Acnologia by killing Selene. I mean, that was literally what his whole speech was about.

Ignia and Selene were both transforming into dragons while they were talking. This hardly tells us anything. It's not like Ignia tried to attack Selene while she was in her human form. He waited long after she transformed before launching his first attack. If anything, I could argue that Ignia knew Selene's much stronger in her dragon form...and wanted a better fight.

Lucy can cast Gottfried by herself. Gottfried doesnt hit with star level power, unless you think Kyria can survive star level power.
His intentions for Acno, not Selene, no, it was not directed to Selene, it was to Natsu. he said “I would have killed Acno.” And then “like this!” Out of no where, he only made his intentions plain as he fired. If it was clear he would say “ I will kill Selene with this next attack, right now!” That is clear and Selene would have her guard up. Ignia transformed first and Selene followed after. That much is clear, or that he can’t as he wasn’t strong enough. He is cocky that is fact, they like to talk. No, she used clones for the attack which is required for Gotfried. It moved stars before, unless you think Kyria can survive Selene’s attacks in human form

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
What about the black dragon slayer knight, what's your scaling on that.
I have to be honest. I just interjected my opinion into the current conversation since I’m currently reading that arc. So it was easy to piggy back @Axiomus power scaling of those high tiers.

As far as power scaling within this series goes I’m lost asf lol; Personally don’t take it that seriously . So I Came here to visit to see what’s the common line ups others have…

Black Dragon Slayer Knights compared to who? Spriggan 12? Idk, I think the power Scaling is non existent after a certain point, and I really don’t take it seriously.

The Fairy Tail Members are kind of the only status quo they stick to in power.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
And yes... Selene's whole purpose for seeking Natsu was because she wanted an ally that could take down a god dragon. She was impressed by what DF Natsu could do, and thought he could be a game changer. Then she was impressed by Suzaku, and thought Diabolos could be a game changer.

Ignia wants Natsu to be even stronger than he was when he beat Aldoron. He isnt trying to duck the god dragons or looking for a weapon. He wants Natsu to surpass the other god dragons, and then beat Natsu.

His intentions for Acno, not Selene, no, it was not directed to Selene, it was to Natsu. he said “I would have killed Acno.” And then “like this!” Out of no where, he only made his intentions plain as he fired. If it was clear he would say “ I will kill Selene with this next attack, right now!” That is clear and Selene would have her guard up. Ignia transformed first and Selene followed after. That much is clear, or that he can’t as he wasn’t strong enough. He is cocky that is fact, they like to talk. No, she used clones for the attack which is required for Gotfried. It moved stars before, unless you think Kyria can survive Selene’s attacks in human form
His intention was to beat Selene to prove a point. The point being that he was stronger than Igneel and Acno. It was to demonstrate his strength, not to land a sneak attack against Selene. You're literally saying Ignia has to announce his attack. Ignia shouldnt have to yell "Im about to kill Selene with this next attack" before he attacks. He simply decided that it was time to fight again, and attacked. Selene couldnt react to that.

Last edited:

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
And yes... Selene's whole purpose for seeking Natsu was because she wanted an ally that could take down a god dragon. She was impressed by what DF Natsu could do, and thought he could be a game changer. Then she was impressed by Suzaku, and thought Diabolos could be a game changer.

Ignia wants Natsu to be even stronger than he was when he beat Aldoron. He isnt trying to duck the god dragons or looking for a weapon. He wants Natsu to surpass the other god dragons, and then beat Natsu.

His intention was to beat Selene to prove a point. The point being that he was stronger than Igneel and Acno. It was to demonstrate his strength, not to land a sneak attack against Selene. You're literally saying Ignia has to announce his attack. Ignia shouldnt have to yell "Im about to kill Selene with this next attack" before he attacks. He simply decided that it was time to fight again, and attacked. Selene couldnt react to that.
She wants to relax and enjoy a drink under the moon. Impressed that she through a fight intentionally when she clearly had the advantage? If he wasn’t why didn’t he seek them out for 400 years? So use Natsu like how you say Selene wanted to use him? His intention was to beat Acno and how he would have after tricking Selene and attacked her off guard. Ignia never demonstrated anything above Igneel or Acno. He never devoured a dimension of magic or landed attacks that disarmed Acno. No but context is key and Ignia never made any direct comment about Selene in his speech until the last second which was still indirect. And Selene deemed the fight over the entire time since there was no winner.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
No idea why you're talking about Selene wanting a drink, but Selene spent the last 2 arcs looking for allies. That's why she was interested in Natsu. It's why she took-over Diabolos. It's why she's still after Athena.

And yes, Selene was interested in making Natsu an ally after what he did to Aldoron. Natsu just never ended up using Dragon Force in front of her. If Selene saw how Natsu was fighting Viernes last chapter, she would absolutely be interested in using him again. Viernes is literally Athena complete with the philosopher stone and enchanted with the power of a god dragon. DF Natsu was kicking it around, and Natsu wasnt even as strong as when he ate Ignia's power.

The reason Ignia doesnt go after the other god dragons is because he doesnt believe they'll give him a good fight. Aldoron spent the last 500 years sleeping. Selene hides in other dimensions. Viernes shed his body and hides as a building. The only God Dragons that were somewhat active was Mercphobia and Dogramag. Ignia thinks Mercphobia is a weakling, and doesnt even bother personally fight him. Dogramag treats Ignia as his superior and calls him big bro. Ignia doesnt care about eliminating the other god dragons. He's not sending Natsu to eliminate them. He just wants Natsu to become stronger.

Selene was opposed to whatever plan Ignia had in store, and it's not like Natsu was actually saying anything to convincing Ignia to change his mind. She had no reason to believe Ignia was no longer hostile. Even if Selene was naive enough to think that Ignia was no longer interested in fighting, it's not up to Ignia to announce his attacks. Selene literally tried to teleport behind Ignia's back for a sneak attack. She shouldnt be complaining about getting caught off guard lol.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
you’re talking about what Selene wants and that is what she wants and live as a human. It was only until after Elentir she does that. She said she wanted to play with Natsu. Again playing with him. He had help with that dragon. Athena would be useless to her without enchantment. again, had help and had elemental advantage. Then why not Acno? No reason he couldn’t since he was the best. Only when Merc lost half his strength only recently. And Natsu hardly got stronger without help or advantage. All he said was to stop, Natsu didn’t need to talk as Ignia already knew what he was thinking. Ignia did not announce his attack the first time which was a breath and she still countered. not a sneak attack when he noticed and still got smacked down.

Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Selene wants to live in peace as a human, and she sees the other god dragons as a threat to that. That's why she wants to eliminate them. To pretend that Selene just wants to drink is dishonest. Everything she did in the past 2 arcs was to look for allies against the other god dragons. Selene went through a bunch of trouble to look for Athena. Meanwhile, Ignia could care less about Athena. Ignia could give Natsu a power-up to make him stronger than Athena if he wanted to. That's the difference in their portrayal.

Speaking of Natsu, Wendy enchanting everyone's MP still isnt as good of a powerup as eating Ignia's flames. Natsu hasnt done anything with everyone's MP that he couldnt have done in DF by himself. He's yet to even use the fire that mixes of flames from Igneel, Ignia's, and Atlas Flame.

Ignia was originally going to go after Acno. You make it sound like the God Dragons had always been Acno tiers. With the exception of Aldoron, all of them spent the last 300 years growing up. They were brought to Giltena as eggs, and were only recognized as God Dragons 100 years ago. So the reason why Ignia didnt go for Acnologia yet is simple. He was still getting stronger.

Ignia called Mercphobia a bum and mocked Natsu for losing before he realized that Merc was only fighting at half strength. He also gave Natsu enough power to beat Merc with just one of his attack. Natsu with Ignia's flames wasnt even exhausted after beating Merc, and only stopped because of Lucy. This version of Natsu is still too weak for Ignia to be interested in fighting him.

Selene went for a sneak by teleporting behind Ignia. The fact that Ignia noticed her doesnt change this. That just means the sneak attack failed. Ignia roaring at Selene wasnt a sneak attack. Selene just failed to react in time. Like I mentioned before, Ignia gave a whole speech about how he's stronger than Igneel and would have beaten Acnologia. The purpose of beating Selene was to impress Natsu with his power. The reason why Selene couldnt react to his roar is simple: Ignia used a stronger and faster roar.

The argument that Ignia sneak attacked Selene is utterly unconvincing. It's an excuse invented to cope. Ignia didnt go for a sneak attack. Selene just couldnt react to him when he got serious. Selene was the one who picked a fight with him by attempting a sneak attack, but somehow it doesnt count because Ignia caught her? The double standard here is shameless. If Selene was truly on Ignia's level, sneak attacks shouldnt even be a factor. Igneel literally turned his back to Acnologia to look for Natsu, and still managed to twist his body out of the way of Acnologia's roar. Selene was facing Ignia and watching him as he talked. If she cant react to his roar from that position, then is she gonna do better in an actual fight? What if Ignia stuns her with punches or whips her with his tail? What if Ignia just punches her with as much power as his roar?

Remember, you've argued that Irene has more MP than Selene merely for enchanting Selene's wound unto herself. Selene wasnt using any magic whatsoever against Irene, let alone in her dragon form. Somehow this is enough to scale Irene above Selene. Yet, somehow Ignia blasting a hole in Selene's dragon form after tanking all of Selene's attacks is somehow not proof that Ignia is stronger?

Ignia made no attempts to defend against any of Selene's attacks, because he knows he can tank her hits. He was literally talking about how about how it was his turn to start attacking, so he's perfectly willing to trade blows with Selene. The best Selene could do is make Ignia cough up blood. She's not able to put a hole in Ignia when she hit him with moonlight palm when he was laying on his back, or when she hit him with Moonlight Butterfly when he was trying to brag. Selene, on the other hand, is afraid of getting seriously injured. She thinks that even if she wins, she'll get seriously injured. She was burning up when Ignia lit her on fire, and chose to teleport into water instead of tanking the full extent of that attack. Ignia's final roar put a hole in her.

Last edited:

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
she said she wants to have a drink under the moon which ties to her living as a human. That is assuming you discount what was said before. That was only for Suzaku as she said she played with Natsu. Yet she takes it away. A year difference is no difference to dragons by the time of Acno’s defeat, plus Elf dude stated it and he has knowledge powers. Merc lost half his strength. And yet Natsu is still weaker currently. It does that mean his guard was up and he still got smacked down. It was as Selene’s guard was down and she did not fight anymore the attack wa farther away than than the attack she could react to before in the beginning. That wasn’t a speech towards Selene tho, that gave no provocation until he said “Like This!” Which is by definition a sneak attack. That is not impressive as that did not give an explosion like before. Nothing indicated that was faster or stronger. You just seem to ignore the fact that Ignia fooled them into thinking the fight was over and then attacked when Selene was convinced the fight was over. She reacted to attacks much closer than what Ignia went with before when there was actual explosion and power behind it. Nothing indicated that was serious, that is something you made up just by misusing dialogue. And yet Ignia reacted and still required him to transform, if you react when someone takes their time then it is not a sneak attack, That means that Ignia attacked Selene who was not fighting anymore, Selene just wants to keep the heart away from Ignia and he said that is her way of greeting, you need context for your claims. It would when you are not fighting anymore and take advantage of a truce, that is what makes him above Selene at the time. Igneel was literally facing in front of Acno, don’t change facts. Ignia had his guard up, that is different. She was meters away from him when they first clashed breaths. And by the time of his treachery, he was farther away, it is simple, to her the fight was over. She was doing that to Ignia and he was wounded. It didn’t explode like before so what is the point?The fact she didn’t means she couldn’t if she didn’t want Irene to die, that is the point. Irene as Wendy did not use any magic to counter the Separation enchant from Wendy as Irene and it still counts as a use of magic power difference. Just her human form. Not when Selene was not fighting back and I her mind the fight was over. Or simply that Ignia could not react to them. Again, cocky, he was in the middle of the fight which he would have his guard up. And the best Ignia could do was ruffle her fur. Because he was not letting his guard down or not fighting anymore to let it happen, afraid of what? Of flames that don’t burn out on their own and requires water to extinguish them? Not water dragon god water? She stated it ends in mutual destruction. And yet simple water is enough to extinguish it. Dragon fire burns forever, can’t simply let it burn on you until you use water.

look at that, 900 pages.

Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Again, regardless of whether or not Selene wants to have a drink, to pretend that she isn't also searching for allies to fight against the other god dragons is dishonest. Selene approached Natsu because she wanted to see how strong he was. She her attention switched to Suzaku because Natsu never ended up showing how strong he was in Dragon Force. DF Natsu is stronger than Suzaku, any of the BDSK, and any version of Athena. If Selene saw what Natsu did last chapter, she'd realize Natsu is a better than Athena.

Ignia didn't fool anyone into thinking anything. Natsu shouted for Selene to stop. Selene asked why Natsu stopped them, and that no matter who won it would benefit Natsu. Ignia started talking about how he was stronger than Igneel and would have beaten Ignia, and then shouted "like this!!" as he roared. At no point did Ignia indicate to Selene he was no longer hostile. At best, you can argue that Selene was dumb enough to drop her guard completely. But that's on her.

Even if Igneel's body was technically facing Acnologia, it proves my point either way. He's looking for Natsu from a completely different direction than where Acnologia's roar is coming from, but he's still able to react to Acnologia's roar and twist his body outta the way. Selene was facing Ignia and watching him talk.
Ignia's speech doesn't have to be directed at Selene. He shouldn't have to literally tell Selene "Hey, Im about to attack you". That's a ridiculous standard. He stood in front of Selene and talked before he attacked. If Selene couldn't react against in that scenario, she's simply not gonna do well in an actual fight.

Ignia's last roar was faster and more powerful than his first one. The fact that Selene couldn't react to it proves it was faster, and the fact that it drilled a hole in her proves it was stronger. I'm not misusing any dialogue. The whole point of Ignia's speech was to show off how strong he was to Natsu. It only makes sense that he used an attack stronger than the one before. That was the whole point.

Durability doesn't increase just because you think you're in a fight. Selene actually has to use magic to block or make herself physically stronger. Selene doesn't have magic that makes her body tougher, so her only answer is to try to block with magic or dodge. She wasn't fast enough to do either.

Whether an attack makes an explosion has absolutely nothing to do with how strong it is. Sting's threw several punches that cause huge explosions against Natsu. All of them are weaker than the punch he used to blast a hole in Jiemma.

Ignia didn't have his guard up when Selene hit him. He literally had his hands down and facetanked everything. He made zero effort to block any of Selene's attacks. He was laying on the ground when Selene landed moonlight palm, and in the middle of speech when she landed moonlight butterfly.

Irene separated Selene's wound and enchanted it unto herself. She didn't even interact with any of Selene's magic. Yet somehow this proves Irene has more MP than Selene? Ignia tanked all of Selene's attacks, and blasted a hole through her dragon form. Yet somehow this doesn't prove Ignia is stronger than Selene? The double standard here is just shameless. And obviously wrong. Irene isn't on the level of any of the god dragons. Ignia is stronger than Selene by feats.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
that manga panel is vague as the anime cleared it right up to being him facing Acno. Then what is the point of those moon trio If they can’t affect DGs? She said she play with him, and she said they proved disappointing. Yet he was defeated by Athena with Whiteout. Natsu wasn’t doing much better than Georg was, he barely survive a DG stomp, even avoided it. He did, he was talking about how he could beat Acno without referancing Selene. She talked with how the fight was over since she used past tense meaning the fight was in the past. Yes he did, as he was just talking to Natsu about the past And his goals, she is dumb though since she constantly changes goals all for the sake of distortion, but that doesn’t change how she scales to other DG same with Ignia. no, at best he used his peripheral vision. Difference is that Selene was done fighting at that point. It does if you want to sneak attack a person who is not fighting, that is why it is a war crime. She could react to him at that distance since she could react to him much closer than that. Prove it was faster because nothing indicates that the attack speed changes. Because first attack he fired first which Selene followed, meaning that her attack speed is greater to meet exactly in the middle, he made no indication that his attack was getting stronger or was serious, the dialogue doesn’t match, he could very much be talking about how little effort he could put in to defeating Acno. And yet it showed no qualities on being stronger as it did not explode, nothing. It does since consciousness is a factor in magic, and you can in real life such as you can be suckerpunched without being prepared versus braising yourself for it, sensing yourself up, etc.. she didn’t use magic the first time and she was fine, dog piled Ignia into the ground. You can raise your magic power level when you get serious, that is a fact, and MP is tied to physical body. She would be faster than Haku who is roughly lightspeed, Ignia showed nothing comparing to that, Selene can change the moon, Ignia showed nothing like that even in dragon form. It does as you talk about it being stronger. And when he went Dragon Force he blew a hole in a stadium, bigger than the other ones he threw before which Natsu felt that, Stin was injured at the time, so he wasn’t at his best, plus Jiemma was as much featless at the time as Georg was. He did as he was aware and prepared for her. Laxus didn’t have his hands up and took Natsu and Gajeel’s attacks And that was not sneak attack. You don’t have to have hands up to braise for it to be considered on guard. You can be on guard while talking, nothing like that. Correction it was a curse of the wound. She literally said their lives are connected, Selene would have every legal action to try and stop it but couldn’t. Wendy as Irene didn’t interact with Irene in Wendy’s magic when she was pulling Irene’s persona out. It does, no matter what, it still involves two people and their MP difference matters. When Selene was not even on her guard and not fighting. It means that he cheats to win. Your misinterpretation of these scenes is rather impressive. Irene affected Selene which MP level matters, that is a fact. Ignia won only through cheap shots. Guess Jellal is DG level back in Alvarez since he could dodge and survive Acno’s attacks in dragon form.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
There's nothing vague about the manga panel. Ignia was looking at the ground, a completely different direction than where Acnologia's roar came from. Even if Igneel's body was technically facing Acnologia, he's still looking at a completely different direction.

You mean the Moonlit Maidens? Companionship. Why does this matter? It is a fact that Selene took over Diabolos and is looking for Athena because she wants allies to help against the other god dragons. Nobody is saying she can't also look for companions on the side.

You said it yourself: Athena beat Natsu with whiteout. This will be useless against a god dragon. Aldoron disabled white out just by waking up. Selene wants Athena because she can absorb dragon power and fight. DF Natsu is stronger than a complete Athena with Viernes power.

"Selene was done fighting" doesn't make Ignia's attack a sneak attack. Ignia made no attempt to sneak attack Selene. He gave a speech, decided he wanted to attack her, and went for it. Selene simply couldn't react to that. It's not like Ignia tried to convince Selene that they were going to be allies.

No amount of "bracing" is going to make a difference against an attack that blows a hole in your body. Selene has to actually use magic to make her body stronger, which isn't magic she's ever used before. Or use magic to actually block the attack, which she was too slow to do.

Sting was stronger against Jiemma than he was using DF against Natsu. Explosions =/= stronger.

There's no reason to assume Selene is faster than Haku but Ignia isn't.

Making the moon larger just shows that Selene is getting serious in her human form. Doesn't even make Selene hit harder than Suzaku. Blowing a hole in Selene > Making the moon larger. Stomping Suzaku and Natsu > Making the moon larger. Giving Natsu enough power to stomp Mercphobia > Making the moon larger. Tanking Selene's actual attacks > Making the moon larger.

Jiemma was stronger than Minerva, or anyone else at Sabertooth. This is evident by how he scales to Minerva later on.

You're only on guard if you're doing something to actually helps physically protect yourself. In real life, that's having your hands up. In Fairy Tail, we can add using magic to the mix. Ignia made no attempts to block any of Selene's attacks or use any magic to counter them. He just facetanked her attacks with his body.

You understand that practically all of fighting is about trying to hit your opponent while they're off guard, right? Like blindside them, and hit them from angles that they don't see coming? It's not possible to be on guard all the time in a fight. Natsu and Gajeel caught Laxus off guard several times in their fight. It just didn't matter because Laxus can tank their attacks.

Again, you're not more durable just because you think you're in a fight. You have to actually use magic, and that magic has to actually change the properties of your body to make it tougher. Ignia's final roar was strong enough to blast a hole in Selene's body. Ignia's fireball spam was not. The roar is simply a stronger attack. There's no need to pretend Selene's durability is jumping all over the place, based on whether she thinks she's in a fight.

Wait, wait, wait. Hold up. I'm not sure if I'm reading this right. Are you saying Wendy has more MP than Selene? If you are, that's absurd lol.

Irene and Selene weren't even fighting. Selene was using no magic against Irene. She wasn't even flexing her magic by making the moon bigger. There's a bunch of things Selene could do to destroy Irene if they were actually fighting. Like portal Irene to Edolas, which is what actually happened. Or turn into a dragon and stomp on Wendy. It blows my mind how far you're willing to reach to hype Irene, but won't accept Ignia blowing a hole in Selene at face value.

Last edited:

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Ignia was not part of that fight, besides it just looked down for a moment then looks back to the attack, he was still in a fight, not deciding the fight was over and letting his guard down. It does when you talk about that the entire time she search for allies to fight the DG, so how can they match up? It was only that time it showed believing Diabolos could do something. Merc would say otherwise with someone weaker than Athena, DF had power from his allies, not before. It does when Ignia was not fighting as well and showed no hostility in the moment, he did by masquerading his true intentions in his speech. She can react to it just did not because she was done fighting, she reacted to attacks closer to her than that. You don’t have to be allies to call a cease fire. It does when you are a magical being with powers beyond normal. And that is why her guard was down so she did not use magic to enhance her durability. Everyone uses magic to make themselves stronger it is basic Fact, via magic power, she wasn’t slow, just didn’t fight back. Sting was injured, different story and Jiemma was featless at the time. So Haku could blitz Acno and cut him to pieces? And that is something Ignia never showed to do. It does as you said that makes Selene serious, she let him win, that is fact, Suzaku is a fraud, he couldn’t even down Natsu with said attack, and he didn’t have dragon scales. Blowing a hole in not fighting Selene < Making the moon larger. Small Labyrinth feat is smaller than the moon. And Natsu still required his friends help against a half power Merc. Selene tanked his attacks too, no point. Natsu was beating him and then Minerva blocked his attacks. Yeah like braising yourself which is physically protecting yourself. You don’t need hands up, you can take attacks head on if you are ready for them. Magic is part of one’s physical body too, even without using magic, physical attacks still have magic power to them. And yet he still got creamed by them. Selene could take his attacks too, and was not thrown to the floor. off guard only works if you sneak attack them, there is a difference between off guard when one is not fighting verses while fighting right? Laxus was definitely on guard when he saw Natsu running up that pillar, gave him plenty of time, that did not stop him from being hit and felt that attack, same with Gajeel, but it showed that Laxus powered up to continue the fight. You air when magic is based on mind as well. If you are in the middle of a fight you would have to have you body tense so as to avoid letting hits knock you down. Not all the time, only when you are powering up when you actually get serious. In no indication did he make that he was powering up, even then they would have sensed it before hand, so that proves it is still sneak attack. People’s durability can fluctuate based on factors, including mind set, August was brought down by a weaker Spriggans knife attack yet can strongest attacks from Gildarts, no difference here with Selene. Who’s talking about Wendy, we are talking about Irene and how she affects Selene. Irene has more MP than either human Selene or Wendy. You don’t have to be in a fight when magic utilized is affected based on MP difference and that establishes strength, didn’t use any simply because she couldn’t as it would not stop her, just like with Wendy as Irene against Irene as Wendy. Only in Dragon form sure, but like you said, the magic size does not matter by feats, and is shows, Selene did not make the moon bigger as a dragon, nor as a human when she “greeted” Ignia. That would require Selene to be faster, and since she could react to Acno that would be no issue. Only because Irene requested it, maybe, but that only shows that human form isn’t enough for Irene. Wendy was not present. It confounds me how you don’t look at these sort of details when Hiro himself, his editors and other staff makes it clear that power creep is not a think and Irene is still considered one of the strongest. Not mentioning any tweet or what not, that is the author alone, not multiple staff members that support it too. It is simple that Ignia was cheap shotting Selene who was not fighting at that point.

Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Igneel literally looked away from Acno. Selene was looking at Ignia as he was talking. Mind you, Igneel was weaker than Acnologia. If Selene was truly equals with Ignia, she wouldn't have been caught off guard in the first place. Ignia did nothing to suggest he was no longer hostile towards Selene. He merely took a few minutes to talk to Natsu. He didn't say anything to suggest he no longer intended to fight Selene. If Selene couldn't react to Ignia just because he spent a minute talking to Natsu, then she's simply not on his level. The distance they were at doesn't matter. Ignia's final roar was simply faster than what Selene could react to. If it wasn't, Selene would have been able to react to it. She couldn't.

Making the moon larger only proves Selene is being serious in her human form. Selene made the moon larger and still lost to Suzaku. How is Suzaku a fraud? Selene flat out admits he's stronger than her human form. Whether or not Suzaku can beat Natsu is irrelevant. She didn't enlarge the moon when she stomped Georg, but we know she was more powerful against Georg than Suzaku. Ignia blasting a hole in Selene's dragon form > Selene making the moon larger.

Selene has to be using magic that enhances the physical properties of her body in order to increase her durability. Merely thinking you're in a fight doesn't increase your durability. Just flexing your MP doesn't increase your durability. Bracing against an attack that can blow a hole in you is literally just suicide. No amount of tensing up is going to stop an attack that can blow a hole in your flesh. Laxus was caught off guard multiple times during the fight with Gajeel and Natsu. He's simply durable enough to tank their hits. Laxus can tank Hade's attack without any MP whatsoever, and Hades hits harder than either Natsu or Gajeel. August used magic that physically transformed his skin. He had to use magic that changed the physical properties of his body. Otherwise, yes, August can be stabbed by Brandish despite his MP being much higher. This has nothing to do with whether or not August was aware of an incoming attack. This has everything to do with August actually using magic that made his body stronger.

Sting had the same injuries fighting Jiemma that he had against Natsu. The fight with Jiemma literally happened right after his fight with Natsu. Jiemma is stronger than Minerva. This is plainly shown when Mard Geer hailed him as far stronger than any of the 9 Demon Gates, but calls Minerva trash. In any case, WSD Silk killed Jiemma and doesn't make a huge explosion. It's far stronger than any attack used against Natsu too. Explosions =/= Stronger attack.

Then I have no clue why you brought up Wendy. Your posts are confusing to read, to say the least. Selene has the same amount of MP in her human or dragon form. The actual magic she can use is stronger in her dragon form, but the MP she has in her body doesn't change. Irene doesn't have more MP than Selene, human or dragon. The god dragons were introduced to be at least as strong as Acnologia's, which is leagues ahead of Irene's level to begin with. Selene is just flat out stronger than Irene. Ignia claims to have surpassed Igneel and would have beaten Acnologia. Then he blasted a hole in Selene. Ignia is stronger than Selene.

Last edited: