Quarterfinal - Fairy Tail vs Yakusoku no Neverland | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Fairy Tail vs Yakusoku no Neverland

Who wins?

• Fairy Tail

• Yakusoku no Neverland

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Raven Says TPN boring and trash

while enjoys FT

:epicfacepalm
I find 70% of modern Japanese manga too overrated and disgusting now. I enjoy reading old school manga from the 90's to 2005.

I grow up reading FT 8 years, Sometimes i get crazy and curse it's existence but i love the main characters Natsu and Lucy very much.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I find 70% of modern Japanese manga too overrated and disgusting now. I enjoy reading old school manga from the 90's to 2005.

I grow up reading FT 8 years, Sometimes i get crazy and curse it's existence but i love the main characters Natsu and Lucy very much.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Finally made my mind and voted for TPN :hee .
I remember when Fairy Tail used to be my favorite but sometimes I have to let nostalgia go.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

- ̗̀ Antagonists ̖́-

As said before, the orphans have to face lots of different obstacles to survive for their own.
The first one, the most difficult and controvertial for them, is the one in charge to take care of the kids, the sweet woman who gave them love and practically educated and took care of them, their mother ("Mama"), Isabella.

What is interesting is the emotional confrontation the kids are going to have with her, since you can always see the betrayal the kids feel each tieme Isabella becomes an obstacle; the woman who provided them security and a good life now becomes the real danger.
She's a manipulative character, using the personality of a caring mother to cheat thousands of kids on her care. She's the one who educated them, so the protagonists have the constant disadvantage of how well she knows each of their minds, which is almost impossible to cheat her.

The second "Mama" that appears, is Sister Krone. Even if she doesn't have the advantage of emotionally manipulating the children on a mother-son relationship, she becomes a hard and terrifying obstacle as well.

She's also the ultimate waifu, she will charm you with her lovely smile

:kappa

Even if TPN will develop action battles, most of the fights Emma and the kids have to confront are mental ones, against people like Isabella or Krone, having to break their innocence and become aware of the type of people they are.
Confrontations between brilliant minds taken to manage survival. Each strategy, each action must be meditated to the millimeter. Hestation has no place and movements have be accurate.

The survival of the characters against these woman, the terror and constant tension of what can happen to any of them will make the reader feel claustrophobic and even helpless. That said, TPN plays with the idea that what seems good, emotional and safe isn't always good.
This causes a feeling of great helplessness; and more taking into account that the protagonists are children. In this way, they will have to make maximum use of their intellect if they want to survive.

Now go, Phil is waiting for you to vote :awe

(I'll take care of the review about Demons later)

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
You mean TPN right,thanks Raven everyone who got tagged by Raven please vote TPN the better manga here.:zomg
Because they are free to choose what they want, not begging for votes. Also don't try to provoke me more or you won't like the out come.

Calling for real war, uh?
I don't care.

@Lexusflame @immblueversion @strikefreedom @azhasnts @VG1989

Hey guys, Please don't forget to contribute with your vote here for the manga you think it's deserves your support.

tyvm
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Star Frost @Axelkam @Kaito Fullbuster @CaptainTorch

Hey guys, Please don't forget to contribute with your vote here for the manga you think it's deserves your support.

tyvm
--- Double Post Merged, ---
@Rigel @Otaku shrink @You Have No Soul @Rax @XXEliteXXAceXX

tyvm
@Jko @GL_Nova @Jammiin @Rzerox21xx

tyvm
@Gohanrules @Irina_mashiro_22 @WoWfan @Yunkers @MangerDan

tyvm

Last edited:

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Sadly I will have to go on a trip tomorrow so I trust @Erinyes and everyone to help me campaign while I'm not going to be here.

So before I leave and do some other campaign for TPN, I wanted to talk a little bit about Fairy Tail as an opponent.
I've read posts here and in other pages calling Fairy Tail garbage, trash, etc, but I don't really agree with that. Fairy Tail is a good manga, despite the amount of hate it has and the bad fame you can note in some places.
The thing is, even if is good and you can actually give a good read to it, it's very far away to be called "the best manga". All the things Mashima offers in FT are made in a better way by other nominations here (HxH, Berserk, 20Century Boys, Rave Master, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Made in Abyss, etc). That's why I can't see it winning at the very best place, because other shonens (and other generes) do it way better than Fairy Tail do.
Is it a bad manga? No.
Is it the best manga ever written? Nope.

That being said, I'm mentally prepared to lose. FT is insanely popular, far more than Neverland, and Raven is already tagging the entire Fairy Tail fandom so I can see FT winning now, wouldn't be surprised if it happens. I would like losing because of a good campaign against my nomination instead of calling the people you know are fans but hey, I'm no one to stop it.

That's enough of me for today :hi

Last edited:

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
mass tagging but not writing a single post to defend it, that sounds so wrong imo :arf
Yup.
I don't know if it's fair or not in a competition like this. When Nanatsu vs Kimetsu was happening, I asked @Juviii and @Asako if it was fair to tag the Nanatsu fandom to make it have more votes, and they said it wasn't really fair, and I agreed right away.
Uh, I don't like being salty...idk anymore, let's just keep campaign even if TPN loses.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I didn't tag people and asked them to vote for FT, Many of them can vote for that manga you voted, being a FT fan doesn't mean voting for FT, It can easily back fire and they could vote for your manga, on a bad day i would vote against FT. I'm just making sure them being aware for this war.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Yup.
i don't know if it's fair or not in competition like this. When Nanatsu vs Kimetsu was happening, I asked @Juviii and @Asako if it was fair to tag the Nanatsu fandom to make it have more votes, and they said it wasn't really fair, and I agreed.
Uh, I don't like being salty...idk anymore, let's just keep campaign even if TPN loses.

Not sure if its allowed, but i cant see any reason why it would be forbidden, but it sounds borderline to me, even if it was ok, i wouldnt have dared do this for hxh, if i win i want to play it fair & square, i would be happy only with a clean win. i m fine with people supporting each other but mass tagging is somehow ruining the game, especially when there's 0 campaign, I would hate to win like this, while my opponent is giving his/her best in campaining. And i m usure if the nominator aka Sky would appreciate this.
Also if i happened one day yo be mass tagged i wouldnt give my support.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Oof, to think mass tagging happening here and not proper campaign for FT, man

I want to say @revo fights back with twist the power, raven declared war in the mass tag and we shall not back down for sth like that, but show them the true power of mass tag ?

Opps wrong serie

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Oof, to think mass tagging happening here and not proper campaign for FT, man
That's also Sky's problem, not Raven's, tho '-'
And it doesn't change the fact that once the maneuver was called smart and accepted as fair and now is being shamed.
Oh well, just my 2 cents. Hate those kinds of things.
On the other hand, I also hope FT loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.