Quarterfinal - Fairy Tail vs Yakusoku no Neverland | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Fairy Tail vs Yakusoku no Neverland

Who wins?

• Fairy Tail

• Yakusoku no Neverland

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
What is your opinion in this competition, Guts?
FT was a at first by the book typical shonen that began to show promise, only to then took a massive turn into becoming the embodiment of every flaw, every issue, every single flaw one can find in not just shonen manga, but the medium of Manga and anime. The only reason it survived for so long was due to mashima pimping the series out to his fans with ships, battle, and the glimmer of hope that it might improve. (tartaros) only to keep people in to the point they'll stay to end due to suffering through so munch already. No series every pissed me on a chapter by chapter basis as Alvarez did. A true train wreck from a creator who did in fact have talent and instead of honing those skills he decided to take the easy path and just create putrid slop.

TPM is a good mystery, adventure, thriller, which stands out compared to so many other shonen stories and comes off as a breath of fresh air in what was a bloated demographic. It is one of WSJ new gems.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
In my own opinion it's safe to say FT isn't bad but rather is overrated. Sure it's a fun read and has good points but, as I said before, it doesn't have anything new. In fact, even if it's true you have to see the good points too, the flaws on FT are strong enough to make the typical shonen elements (battles, friendship theme, etc) turn to be bad. No wonder most people complain about the nakama speech Mashima put everytime to defeat the villans and finish the arcs. On the last moments of the manga, everyone knew what was going to happen since Mashima used the same formula all the time, it just became repetitive.
People still enjoy the manga, no wonder it has such a big fandom, but again, despite the good points it has, the series is nothing new and the flaws kept becoming stronger in the last arcs, where it made lost the quality of the first parts.
Neverland is different, sure that is has own flaws as every series does, but it's very original for being a shonen.

That's my opinion as an old FT fan tho ¯\_:lambirb_/¯

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
FT should be easily ROFLstomps in both quality and quantity, If FT was only 10 volumes like neverland manga then it would have more solid plot than being with 63 volumes. Don't bring such newbie manga to FT.

Reactions: Sky

Rax

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
People posting fan art of TPN and not its actual art that makes the characters look like goofs?

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm going to vote for FT. I love wizards, and enjoy Mashimas work. While i wish certain aspects had gone differently, I loved FT. The magic, the adventure, the building of inner and intraguild relationships. I have several characters that I enjoyed and Laxus may be my favorite manga character, and certainly my favorite out of this generation. I gasve PN a shot when it started, but it wasn't my cup of tea honestly. Hear it got great, but I see won't be checking it out before it ends.

Rax

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros

Rax

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
And? Why so impressive about this? Every shonen hero has a huge ass beam attack.
Naw, I just made a cool gif and showed it to you all :^)

That panel of Natsu facing off with Iku is great though

natsu x777

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
This comparison seems to me very unbalanced, I do not say it by popularity but by the so abysmal amount of chapters that there are between one and the other.

TPN although I have not had the time to read it, but I have heard very good reviews and it is a current jewel of the Jump, so I have been aware before its publication had a great preparation, I think it was 5 years thinking the plot (I'm not sure if this is true) a very serious plot, while on the other side FT had a year's preparation, it started being a very fresh series where his priority was comedy and making bows very short and for me, the best of this series were its beginnings, highlighting Phantom Lord, ToP and Fantasia, but since the 5 day of the magic games had a big drop in quality with a slight rise in Tartaros and peak down with Alvarez, that can not be denied .

My vote is for FT, simply because the other I do not know, but I must say that FT had many problems, but I keep the memory of having enjoyed it a lot.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
@revo don't feel blue. What we usually see in the competitions around MH is that TPN does well and gathers a lot of recognition while FT is what we call "fogo de palha" (fire on straw) in my land: burns a lot and too fast. It rarely advances further in competitions around here. Aside from TPN being a way better series than FT, people are commending you on your effort. I still think you got this. Well, you got my vote if that wasn't clear alrdy.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
@revo don't feel blue. What we usually see in the competitions around MH is that TPN does well and gathers a lot of recognition while FT is what we call "fogo de palha" (fire on straw) in my land: burns a lot and too fast. It rarely advances further in competitions around here. Aside from TPN being a way better series than FT, people are commending you on your effort. I still think you got this. Well, you got my vote if that wasn't clear alrdy.
Thank you :blush And It's alright actually, also doing campaign is fun so I'm still enjoying this.
Also TPN still isn't known by lots of readers so it's great to make them know about this series.
I don't see FT doing better tho, if not here, it'll lose in the semifinals or the just finals. But idk what can happen this year, maybe I'm wrong.
(I'm in the middle of a road and it's about to snow and my fingers are shivering while I reply lol but I'll write more for Neverland soon).

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Sky isn't even campaigning for FT cause he nominated it for the salt. :cookiehand

Even if its shorter and it dropped quite a bit since the first arc (which was amazing) its still miles ahead of FT in almost every aspect, so Neverland easily gets my vote. Have faith revo! o/

Status
Not open for further replies.