TV - Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption) | Page 163 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

TV Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption)

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
...why??

Also, is he he now seasoned and experienced enough to wear a hat in the snow?

I'm not too worried though. I have a strong gut feeling that House of Dragon flops, and after that HBO seizes production on the whole GoT-verse.

I mean, I hope they do good with the franchise. What we've heard just doesn't sound promising.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
...why??

Also, is he he now seasoned and experienced enough to wear a hat in the snow?

I'm not too worried though. I have a strong gut feeling that House of Dragon flops, and after that HBO seizes production on the whole GoT-verse.

I mean, I hope they do good with the franchise. What we've heard just doesn't sound promising.
Even if you want to say him going North of the Wall is where he'll end up being aat the end of the books, the fact that the show treated his resurrection so stupidly and carelessly, it makes his character afterwards feel hollow. He's almost certain that he's going to live in Ghost for some amount of time and there's no guarantee that he's going to return to his body even.

I have mixed feelings about HoTD being a hit, the more comes out the more promising it seems, but it might greenlight nonsense such as this. The other ideas sounded more promising - a series of Nymeria's Journey, Corlys Velaryon's Nine Voyages, A series based on the Dunk & Egg stories. But this? Seriously hoping Hibberd is just lying again, just like he seemed to have done regarding a series based on Robert's Rebellion that apparently never existed in the first place.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Yeah, I genuinely hope this a baseless. I'm totally ready for Dunk and Egg and Nymeria is very cool character with potential, but that is just no. That story ended, simple as that. There is no point to continue that arc.

The only silver lining in is, that we'd probably get more awesome Iceland sceneries and snow spiders

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

It's real....

But I guess it's just in the scripting phase like the Corlys, Nymeria, or Dunk&Egg shows. It was just never announced or leaked. Supposedly Kit Harrington's idea and he has his own team working on it and GRRM seems to think highly of them... but, yeah.

But anyway... in more relevant news (to me anyways...), he said he was working on Tyrion chapters this week. Which is interesting since his last blog entry on June 1st mentioned finishing some Cersei chapters and was looking to working on Jaime/Brienne. So I guess he's actually getting work done recently.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hearing about this, I'm of two minds - with no major threats, they can focus more on the character interactions, which is where I feel the show was at it's best. That said, Jon wasn't the best political player, so where could they really go with this?

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hearing about this, I'm of two minds - with no major threats, they can focus more on the character interactions, which is where I feel the show was at it's best. That said, Jon wasn't the best political player, so where could they really go with this?
More major threats:gnut

:catshrug

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The speculation I've seen was the Others in Essos. We know The Long Night is a global thing, and structures like The Five Forts in Golden Empire of Yi Ti seemed to serve a similar function that The Wall did in Essos.

Another idea is the idea of a Night's Queen, that the Night's King came after her and that she is a former Children of the Forest or something. That is predicated on a lot of book theories and imagery that may or may not be correct though, so probably more flimsy.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
This would make a great mini series.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
This would make a great mini series.
Will it? It has potential to be a good spectacle and everything, but the conquest itself is so one-sided. Plus they'll shoe-horn the TV-only prophecy thing in and it might result in more potential nuance being removed from the characterization. It goes from a story about grey conquerors to a story about conquerors who want to save the world even though there's a shitload of plotholes if that's the case, like why wouldn't he have fortified the North more?

I guess I'm not opposed to it being made but it being now instead of using more interesting stories is confusing me.

terdes

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Austria
one of the fav tv series for ages as House of the Dragon