Semifinal - Gildarts Clive vs Natsu Dragneel | Page 18 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Gildarts Clive vs Natsu Dragneel

Which fighter advances?

• Gildarts Clive

Votes: 38 45.8%
  • Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 45 54.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I know Natsu can wipe out Gildarts handily, I don't need you to tell me to keep on subject.
Gildarts would destroy Natsu even today. Has has the most broken magic, Dimaria being first.

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gildarts would destroy Natsu even today. Has has the most broken magic, Dimaria being first.
Lol how is Gildarts's magic in any way broken? Isn't Crash just pure destructive power? Seems pretty straightforward to me

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol how is Gildarts's magic in any way broken? Isn't Crash just pure destructive power? Seems pretty straightforward to me
His crash magic was strong and big enough to destroy a mountain. If Natsu used his ROTFDK, it wouldn't matter, Gildarts would cancel it out.

Gildarts wins, end of story.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
This is definitely not the end of story :P this battle is a close one and there are a lot of points and arguments, for both Natsu and Gildarts. However i agree that this is probably the end of the discussion. The votes/discussion will be closed tomorrow, and with 18 pages of debate i don't think there is much to add. I think that pretty much everyone has his own clear idea of who the winner should be. Let's wait and see =)

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is definitely not the end of story :P this battle is a close one and there are a lot of points and arguments, for both Natsu and Gildarts. However i agree that this is probably the end of the discussion. The votes/discussion will be closed tomorrow, and with 18 pages of debate i don't think there is much to add. I think that pretty much everyone has his own clear idea of who the winner should be. Let's wait and see =)
Gildarts demolishes Tatarus Natsu, he trains for 10months and everyone thinks he can completely demolish him?

Last edited by a moderator:

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Gildarts demolishes Tatarus Natsu, he trains for 10months and everyone thinks he can completely demolish him?
Tartarous Natsu was nerfed to a specfic point to make Gajeel and Gray catch up with him even Wendy did more than Natsu in Tartarous not a debatable point, Anways Natsu redeemed himself in Avater, Natsu is x100 times stronger than Tartarous Natsu just in 10 month. 1 shot a blue note , 1 shot a war god and one shot a spriggan while holding back which said enough..

Natsu Dragneel is the strongest member in ishgar right now.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
It doesn't matter, DF Gajeel would still be dragged down into the portal regardless because the portal is not a physical form.

DF Gajeel could destroy Bradman's physical body, but as you saw, DF Gajeel couldn't destroy the remnants left.

That's why the remnants could form the portal and drag Gajeel down.

If anything, Bradman > Gajeel. If that pisses you off, I'm willing to accept Bradman = DF Gajeel....
The portal is Bradman is hence he's dragging him down to 'hell' Gajeel would have been able to stop that in DF. Saying DF Gajeel couldn't destroy the remnants like he didn't have enough power t is stupid, Gajeel destroyed the real body and immediately after reverted back to base.

DF Gajeel>Bradman.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
No, he really doesn't.

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tartarous Natsu was nerfed to a specfic point to make Gajeel and Gray catch up with him even Wendy did more than Natsu in Tartarous not a debatable point, Anways Natsu redeemed himself in Avater, Natsu is x100 times stronger than Tartarous Natsu just in 10 month. 1 shot a blue note , 1 shot a war god and one shot a spriggan while holding back which said enough..

Natsu Dragneel is the strongest member in ishgar right now.
Gildarts got one serious hit which was so powerful that it divided ten clouds from the shockwave.

Gildarts leveled a mountain casually, Natsu shattered the GOW with a named spell, one of his powerful spells.

Gildarts would punch a hole through Natsus chest if he goes all out from the start.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Gildarts got one serious hit which was so powerful that it divided ten clouds from the shockwave.

Gildarts leveled a mountain casually, Natsu shattered the GOW with a named spell, one of his powerful spells.

Gildarts would punch a hole through Natsus chest if he goes all out from the start.
Thats a wild assumption to make right there, saying Gildarts could actually punch a hole in Natsu's chest when he has no evidence of being able to do so when being serious. Gildarts when serious used Empyrean against Bluenote, and thats Gildarts going all out there. Did Bluenote have a hole punched through him? No, hence why its a very wild accusation when Natsu is both stronger than Bluenote by a lot (he one-shotted him) and could be able to avoid some of Gildarts' punches. There's no guarantee that Gildarts could land that attack on Natsu when Natsu is faster and could be able dodge.

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States

Are you seriously comparing the God of War to a fking mountain? The comparison is so utterly ridiculous it's laughable

Rain Cloud

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thats a wild assumption to make right there, saying Gildarts could actually punch a hole in Natsu's chest when he has no evidence of being able to do so when being serious. Gildarts when serious used Empyrean against Bluenote, and thats Gildarts going all out there. Did Bluenote have a hole punched through him? No, hence why its a very wild accusation when Natsu is both stronger than Bluenote by a lot (he one-shotted him) and could be able to avoid some of Gildarts' punches. There's no guarantee that Gildarts could land that attack on Natsu when Natsu is faster and could be able dodge.
Woah woaah woahhh. Hold up there Sammy.

Gildarts has EXTREME speed feats. He's much faster than Natsu up to FDKM. He can launch 13 punches instantaneously. Maybe DF Natsu can keep up.

Are you seriously comparing the God of War to a fking mountain? The comparison is so utterly ridiculous it's laughable
Well we can use natural comparisons as well.

Natsu evaporated an entire lake with a single flame punch - his Demolition fist, one of his strongest moves. He was left panting afterwards.
Gildarts demolished an entire mountain with a casual punch.

I can completely agree that Natsu's fatigue was the result of his fight with Jacob, but even so, his named, most powerful spell (in FDKM) = Gildart's casual punch (in terms of AoE).

The only way I see 19 year-old Natsu winning this is if Gildart's injuries from acnologia have weakened him from his prime.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Woah woaah woahhh. Hold up there Sammy.

Gildarts has EXTREME speed feats. He's much faster than Natsu up to FDKM. He can launch 13 punches instantaneously. Maybe DF Natsu can keep up.

Natsu evaporated an entire lake with a single flame punch - his Demolition fist, one of his strongest moves. He was left panting afterwards.

I can completely agree that Natsu's fatigue was the result of his fight with Jacob, but even so, his named, most powerful spell (in FDKM) = Gildart's casual punch (in terms of AoE).

The only way I see 19 year-old Natsu winning this is if Gildart's injuries from acnologia have weakened him from his prime.
I'm sorry, but just being able to punch quickly isn't that impressive nor extreme a speed feat. Gildarts hasn't shown the ability to actually move around fast, and I don't know where this "13 punches instantaneously" is coming from. Even if he punch fast, Natsu in base still has better reaction and speed feats than Gildarts, so its not hard to believe that Natsu can block or dodge some of Gildarts attacks.

As for your natural comparison, thats incorrect. Natsu evaporated the lake with his body heat, and it was fully evaporated before he attacked Jacob. As for the "mountain", its a very small one if you're going to call it a mountain, and it pales in comparison to the war god which Natsu destroyed with the demolition fist in Base mode. Base Natsu's FDKM Punch that took out the war god > Gildarts so called casual punch (I'd argue he was somewhat serious there).

I really can't see any way Gildarts actually troubles Natsu that much to be honest. Someone Gildarts struggled to beat (Bluenote) was one-shotted by Natsu, and the comparison between Bluenote and Gildarts in the chapter where Natsu took bluenote out had them as being around about equal, so I honestly find it a bit absurd that people think Gildarts could give Natsu a run for his money when Gildarts would be unable to move or attack at all like Jacob was from the sheer heat of FDKM if Natsu used that.

Shoutmon

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica

How was this punch casual?

The guy even had veins popping out of his arm as he was preparing to punch.

Rain Cloud

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but just being able to punch quickly isn't that impressive nor extreme a speed feat. Gildarts hasn't shown the ability to actually move around fast, and I don't know where this "13 punches instantaneously" is coming from. Even if he punch fast, Natsu in base still has better reaction and speed feats than Gildarts, so its not hard to believe that Natsu can block or dodge some of Gildarts attacks.

As for your natural comparison, thats incorrect. Natsu evaporated the lake with his body heat, and it was fully evaporated before he attacked Jacob. As for the "mountain", its a very small one if you're going to call it a mountain, and it pales in comparison to the war god which Natsu destroyed with the demolition fist in Base mode. Base Natsu's FDKM Punch that took out the war god > Gildarts so called casual punch (I'd argue he was somewhat serious there).

I really can't see any way Gildarts actually troubles Natsu that much to be honest. Someone Gildarts struggled to beat (Bluenote) was one-shotted by Natsu, and the comparison between Bluenote and Gildarts in the chapter where Natsu took bluenote out had them as being around about equal, so I honestly find it a bit absurd that people think Gildarts could give Natsu a run for his money when Gildarts would be unable to move or attack at all like Jacob was from the sheer heat of FDKM if Natsu used that.
Sorry Sam. I can never take your Natsu posts seriously anymore lmao. Let's just agree to disagree.
Also the the punch (he also moved at mach speed) was from a cannon spin-off.

How was this punch casual?

The guy even had veins popping out of his arm as he was preparing to punch.
Sorry, you are correct. "Un-named" punch, would be a better way to put it.

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
"Un-named punch". It was in a silent chapter, so while we don't have a name for that punch, there's a chance that it's one of his strongest moves.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Sorry Sam. I can never take your Natsu posts seriously anymore lmao. Let's just agree to disagree.
Also the the punch (he also moved at mach speed) was from a cannon spin-off.

Sorry, you are correct. "Un-named" punch, would be a better way to put it.
Feel free to disregard my arguments but I still think people have been overhyping Gildarts to heck and back here. He's only shown to be around, perhaps a bit over Bluenote's level. Meanwhile Natsu has shown he's on the level of some of the stronger spriggan by doing the frack tonne of damage to Jacob in the fight against him with one attack. Natsu has shown he's surpassed Gildarts, and just hypign Gildarts to be stronger still with no evidence of him being stronger than what we've seen is ludicrous, the Gildarts we've seen gets blown out of the (evaporated) water by Natsu in FDKM, and as much as people deny it, it really is as simple as that.
Also unless you can actually show me exactly where Gildarts was "fast", then he has no actual speed feats in battle, and even then he'd be struggling to match the speed of DF Natsu which is faster than Jellal's meteor.

Solitrine

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Just so we are clear, are we using Prime Gildarts or Current Gildarts? Because Prime =/= Current.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Just so we are clear, are we using Prime Gildarts or Current Gildarts? Because Prime =/= Current.
We're using the Gildarts that we've seen in the manga, so whichever you think is applicable to that role.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Here is the result!

Gildarts CliveNatsu Dragneel
38 votes45 votes

Natsu Dragneel advances. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.