Round of 16 - Gildarts vs Jellal | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Gildarts vs Jellal

Who is Ishgar's best?

• Gildarts

Votes: 56 71.8%
  • Jellal

Votes: 22 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
The OS being present makes no difference at all, Meredy and Hoteye were both with Jellal when he dropped freaking Sema on the OS in his battle with them, neither received so much as a scratch. Jellal went all out against August, nothing was restricting him.
Okay, well I guess we're just going to have to disagree. I'll let you have the last word (that is if you make it before the discussion phase ends).

The way I interpreted it, there were no afterimages. Those only happen when you see multiple images in a single panel. Like this:

The lines in the panel you posted simply means Gildarts is moving or 'dashing' if you will. Sort of like this:

I know I'm being a little technical here but I still don't see how the page you posted proves anything about Gildarts' speed being above average.

I doubt All Crush would hit Jellal, especially if he is using Meteor. That would require very good aim (Bisca's level). Honestly, the only way for Gildarts to hit Jellal is if they engage in CQC.

Hmmm... I'm not so sure about that. I just saw it as Gildarts crashing the area between God Serena and Team Natsu, which is why the attack stopped (and a crater appeared). If Gildarts chooses what he destroys, then Magnolia wouldn't need to rearrange itself for Gildarts to walk to the guild hall.

Well, that depends on how much Gildarts and Jellal grew in proportion to each other. Jura blocked the pre-timeskip version. I have no idea how much Gildarts trained (or Jellal for that matter), so I can't argue here.

The only reason why Simon was summoned before Jellal could use Grand Chariot was because of the "incantation" you brought up. But, again, it's not needed. So Jellal could use it instantaneously like he did against Acnologia. And I highly doubt Gildarts can react faster than Acnologia.

Conclusion: I agree Gildarts would win. My only problem is when people say Gildarts "mid-diff" or "He crashes Jellal's attacks and cubes him."
(I understand this is necessary for the likes though). Either way, I don't think the outcome is that simple nor would it result in anything less than High Difficulty. But, for the sake of this argument, I'm willing to settle with Medium-High Difficulty.

Just out of curiosity, how much difficulty do you think Gildarts would have against Jellal?
Well if you dont find yourself impressed then theres not much i can do about it, but i do think its quite clear that Gildarts made an afterimage, take a look
See the bottom right panel? You can see Augusts staff swipe clean through what looks like Gildarts while the real Gildarts is already behind August(much to his surprise).. To put simply August couldn't keep up with Gildarts in that exchange(was visibly shocked when Gild says "over here" from behind him), so imo it was a blitz.

Meteor doesn't make Jellal untouchable, nailing Jellal with a fast spell like All Crush seems doable to me, especially if Jelly decides to stop and use another spell. August after all had no trouble hitting him.

Well the fact that Gildarts doesn't crash himself when he is accidentally destroying villages or busting mountains does make it seem like he is unaffected by his own spells, as most people are(see Jellal drop Sema on himself). No disrespect, but I dont think "Gildarts cant Crash a spell cause he might hit himself" is a very good argument, especially when we see Gildarts crash an attack from God Serena barely a meter away from his own face
Comparatively the distance Grand Chariot needs to cover before hitting Gildarts is enormous, definitely crashable imo.

He used the incantation on Acno too.

Medium-high diff is about where I'd put the difficulty. It'd be a solid high diff fight if it wasnt for Crash's advantage over long range spells (the only decently damaging form of spells Jellal has). You'll see in a previous comment i even said Jellal might be able to push Gildarts to use Absolute Heaven(not likely though).

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Moderator Notice:

As scheduled, the discussion for Gildarts vs Jellal is closed. However, you still can vote until tomorrow (Thursday; May 18th 2017 at 12 PM GMT). Thank you for your participation!~ DiMaria Yesta

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
HERE ARE THE RESULTS!

Gildarts Clive

Jellal Fernandes

56 Votes

22 Votes

Gildarts progresses to the Quarterfinals!
Thank you for participating!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.