Group - Group A | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group A

Round 1: Pick your top 4

• Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 72 81.8%
  • Lucy Heartfilia

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Wendy Marvell

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Irene Belserion

Votes: 80 90.9%
  • God Serena

Votes: 70 79.5%
  • Sting Eucliffe

Votes: 42 47.7%
  • Eric (Cobra)

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Mirajane Strauss

Votes: 30 34.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Able to negate being turned into mini August's but still cubed in the first place? Makes it sound like they're two different spells. Dunno man, seems a bit odd to me. From what i saw August was just cubed and slowly started falling apart, pretty different from what happened to Natsu who just instantly vanished. The only real similarity between the spells was the "square" shape of the blast that was fired at Natsu.
Not like Zeref's reformation had any gore either, half his torso was missing and there wasnt a drop of blood or any inked portions to speak of.
August was caught off guard, so he couldn't negate Gildarts magic in the beggining. When he realized what happened, then he was able to copy Gildart's magic. Also, I really can't recall the last time Gildarts use crush to attack someone by breaking them apart. When Gildarts used all crush or when he used attacks against Natsu, it just looks like magic blasts. Sometimes when he breaks stuff, you don't always see the square patterns either. To me the attack Gildarts used against August resembled disassembly.
There not being any gore when he put himself back together is a fair point though.

Second origin doesn't give them MP, it gives ... origin for MP.
She use only one power - enchantment - put her (or another) magic into object.
Wall said that he can absorb lightning and metall is weak to it. But first, metall is not weak to lightning, not more than something else like meat, ice or tree.
He can absorb it, other can't. But it must still doesn't work on them.
You said that Irene used the same amount of power that she uses to enchant the swords as she did the army. There's nothing to suggest that she did.

Wall says that it's true that his species is weak to lightning. That alone proves his species would be weak to lightning. Wall simply modified himself to be able to store lightning. It is precisely because it's his weakness that he modified himself.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Top 4 Participants in Group A

1) Natsu Dragneel

To be honest, Natsu could probably clear this round while in base form. FDKM isn't really needed and Dragon Force is overkill. Currently, he is the strongest fighter on Ishgar's side. The only person that can give him trouble is Irene.

2) God Serena

God Serena deserves to move on because he took down the 3 Gods of Ishgar + Jura. While that may not seem impressive in the grand scheme of things, it was a better feat than most of the other Spriggans, who were utterly defeated. Versatility would come in handy here because many characters like Natsu and Wendy are resistant to elements like fire, wind, etc.

3) Sting Eucliffe

I had tough time deciding whether Sting would advance or not. The reason being... I'm not counting Rogue's power because this is Sting by himself (not Sting + Rogue). In the end, I decided that with White Shadow Dragon Mode, he should be able to survive. Not only is his attack power and durability pretty decent, but he has the ability to move within the shadows which may be a good evasive technique in this battle royale.

4) Irene Belserion

Last but not least... Surprisingly, this one was a little hard to choose. A good point that @DiMaria Yesta and @Nemispelled brought up was the fact that Irene is at a severe disadvantage in this group. 5 out of the 7 opponents are dragon slayers. However, after thinking about it a little more, it is reasonable to say Irene would make it into the top 4. In order for a dragon slayer to revert her, they would need an attack power on the level of Erza. That decreases the number from 5/7 to 3/7. And to defeat her, you would need even more power. In my eyes, the only dragon slayers that can achieve this are Natsu and God Serena. Not Sting, because I have him around Erza's level (using his own power). That means at most, he could only revert her. Not defeat her. That decreases the number to 2/7. Overall, I think Irene still has a shot at winning.

5) Mirajane Strauss

So close... It was a toss-up between Sting, Mirajane, and Irene. I have Sting and Mirajane around the same level. But since WSDM doesn't cost nearly as much MP as Alegria, Sting should have the edge. As for Irene, although she is at a huge disadvantage, it turns out that it isn't as big as it seems.

6) Lucy Heartfilia

Most of CSK's feats are outdated. It is impossible to tell how much stronger he became (if he even did). Therefore, I'm not going to speculate. At best, he is low-tier Spriggan level. And I don't think Lucy will ever sacrifice another key again in the current story, so I doubt we'll ever find out.

7) Cobra

Unfortunately, Cobra never had a chance to showcase his true powers. In the Tartaros Arc, he was defeated by Jellal's strongest attack "Sema". Then in the Alvarez Arc, he was defeated by August. The only reason Lucy is above him is because of CSK. Unfortunately, Wendy doesn't have the same advantage. Given his impressive feats in the past (and his good sense of hearing), I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt over Wendy. Poison would also come in handy.

8) Wendy Marvell

Wendy never really impressed me. In her base form, she couldn't even handle Bluenote. To make matters worse, she was unable to damage Dimaria while using Dragon Force (almost died too). Although she's improved a lot, she just can't compete with the others in this tournament who are arguably the top 32 characters in the entire series (not counting overpowered villains).
I agree with the people that passed but I disagree with the order that's all

Ice Hunter

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Like I said, almost every wizard changes the environment like Irene, so they are practically "affixing" their magic power on the environment. They're just not enchanting anything.
But the manga never said that enchanting continually decreases a wizard's magic power.
All the panels you provided just explained that Irene used her magic on the continent. Nothing says that she loses power afterwards.
I agree the manga never explain that using enchanment decreases wizard's magic power, but the manga also never explain using Enchanment will not decreases wizard's magic power. because it common sense.
Magic is an energy... using magic means using their energy, whether it's enchanment or any other magic. so enchanment does affecting Wizard's magic power.
The analogy is like, when you see people walking in the street, you wouldn't see they get fatigue because using their energy, but the fact is their energy get decreases when walking in the street. same goes with magic...

rockwizardsaint

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Like u said that Irene was reverted from the dragon form by Wendy ,why did not Ezra win at the start. Because Wendy enchanted Ezra at the start . so, if Wendy is really key of winning ,they both had to win at start so what Wendy did is just revert Ezra nagama power that can destroy the greater version of the greatest jellal spell become dragon slaying magic.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
August was caught off guard, so he couldn't negate Gildarts magic in the beggining. When he realized what happened, then he was able to copy Gildart's magic. Also, I really can't recall the last time Gildarts use crush to attack someone by breaking them apart. When Gildarts used all crush or when he used attacks against Natsu, it just looks like magic blasts. Sometimes when he breaks stuff, you don't always see the square patterns either. To me the attack Gildarts used against August resembled disassembly.
There not being any gore when he put himself back together is a fair point though.
That kinda implies there is two steps to disassembly though, imo you're overthinking it. Mashima generally likes to lay out what happens in his fights pretty clearly, either by statements or flashbacks, if there was a second step beyond cubing August, Mashima would normally make it known.
What Gildarts did to August resembled disassembly, but the effect it had on him was entirely different. Plus that square pattern is kinda a motif for Gildarts, though Crash doesnt always display that design, resembling it doesnt automatically classify a spell as disassembly.
Gildarts hasnt used Crash to break someone apart as far as i can remember, likely because it'd kill them, and having FT members kill humans is a very rare occurrence.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Irene better better be 1. She has no doubt has the advantage against everyone here. All she has to do is fly and spam attack from nukes to hax and they're screwed. Traps the DS on transportation via enchanting the Earth under them. Then she wipes out the rest.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
That kinda implies there is two steps to disassembly though, imo you're overthinking it. Mashima generally likes to lay out what happens in his fights pretty clearly, either by statements or flashbacks, if there was a second step beyond cubing August, Mashima would normally make it known.
What Gildarts did to August resembled disassembly, but the effect it had on him was entirely different. Plus that square pattern is kinda a motif for Gildarts, though Crash doesnt always display that design, resembling it doesnt automatically classify a spell as disassembly.
Gildarts hasnt used Crash to break someone apart as far as i can remember, likely because it'd kill them, and having FT members kill humans is a very rare occurrence.
Isn't that what disassembly does though? Gildarts splits them apart and then each part becomes a mini-version. August wasn't able to stop Gildarts from splitting him, but he still able to copy and negate the magic once he figured out what was going on. I still think if August was actually cut to pieces, then he would be dead. Even if he could cancel caster magic, he shouldn't be able to survive if he's already cut to pieces. I think if Gildarts actually hit August with an attack, it would be more like what he does with Empyrean or True Heaven.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Okay, so I did a little bit of more research into the topic...and it got super confusing. Apparently, the actual name for crash is actually crush in the official scans. The official scans never called disassembly magic as a separate branch of magic from crush either. It just has Gildarts saying it was a type of magic that breaks your opponent apart when explaining what happened to Natsu. Because of this, the wiki has simply assumed what happened to Natsu was a case of crush magic and that disassembly magic just doesn't exist. Here's where it gets confusing...the kanji for "crush" is 粉砕 (funsai) in the FT wiki, but nobody knows the source. The Japanese anime can be heard saying PunKai (分開) when referring to what Gildarts did to Natsu, and this is apparently the inspiration for "disassembly" magic. To make it worst, apparently the manga has only ever referred to "crush" by the hirigana, which is クラッシュ. All of this has left me supremely confused, so until I figure out if disassembly magic is actually separate from crush I'm going to put my position on this subject on hold.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Isn't that what disassembly does though? Gildarts splits them apart and then each part becomes a mini-version. August wasn't able to stop Gildarts from splitting him, but he still able to copy and negate the magic once he figured out what was going on. I still think if August was actually cut to pieces, then he would be dead. Even if he could cancel caster magic, he shouldn't be able to survive if he's already cut to pieces. I think if Gildarts actually hit August with an attack, it would be more like what he does with Empyrean or True Heaven.
Okay, so I did a little bit of more research into the topic...and it got super confusing. Apparently, the actual name for crash is actually crush in the official scans. The official scans never called disassembly magic as a separate branch of magic from crush either. It just has Gildarts saying it was a type of magic that breaks your opponent apart when explaining what happened to Natsu. Because of this, the wiki has simply assumed what happened to Natsu was a case of crush magic and that disassembly magic just doesn't exist. Here's where it gets confusing...the kanji for "crush" is 粉砕 (funsai) in the FT wiki, but nobody knows the source. The Japanese anime can be heard saying PunKai (分開) when referring to what Gildarts did to Natsu, and this is apparently the inspiration for "disassembly" magic. To make it worst, apparently the manga has only ever referred to "crush" by the hirigana, which is クラッシュ. All of this has left me supremely confused, so until I figure out if disassembly magic is actually separate from crush I'm going to put my position on this subject on hold.
Uh... Alright, bit over my head with the Japanese lingo but i get the gist. Imo crash sounds better than crush, though crush make more sense i guess. Doesnt really help with your Crush vs Disassembly dilemma, but apparently the definition of Crush(or Crash as i will probably continue to call it) is smashing everything GIldarts touches into pieces.
Take from that what you will.
Welp, i think thats that for this particular argument(unless new info on Crash is uncovered), good stuff :verily

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree with the people that passed but I disagree with the order that's all
That's fair. I expected some people to disagree with the order anyways. Normally, Irene would be among the top. However, since this is a battle royale (instead of a power-ranking list), I have to put her lower. While everyone has an equal chance of being hit, of those chances, Irene is susceptible to extra damage 5 out of 7 times. That will surely hinder her performance but not enough to eliminate her. It also doesn't help that one of the strongest dragon slayers in the series is in the same group with her...
[mod=XXEliteXXAceXX]As scheduled, Group A is now closed for discussions. However, voting will still be open until tomorrow (April 29th, 12:00PM GMT). Thank you for your participation![/mod]

Status
Not open for further replies.