Group - Group C | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group C

Which 4 Wizards Will Advance?

• Brandish μ

Votes: 68 80.0%
  • Erza Scarlet

Votes: 65 76.5%
  • Jellal Fernandes

Votes: 79 92.9%
  • Jura Neekis

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Kagura Mikazuchi

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 75 88.2%
  • Rogue Cheney

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Sherria Blendy

Votes: 17 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
My personal believe is Sherria could have used her TO a bit longer if she had not used all her magic power in the final attack against Dimaria.

Biri Biri

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Reading through this thread, it seems most have Brandish as a shoo-in to advance from the group. And despite really liking her character design and moe facial expressions, I have my reservations as to whether she can be triumphant here. She had enormous hype when she was first introduced. However when given the opportunity to showcase what she can accomplish, quite frankly Brandish has flattered to deceive.

Some believe Brandish can simply enlarge her foes' organs, to the point where it becomes a guaranteed fatal wound. Such hyperbolic claim also came from another character in the story.

Hypothetically speaking, she can achieve such a feat. But for all the hype surrounding her power, we know full well Brandish has never actually executed her magic in such manner during combat.

What she has displayed so far is to shrink entire islands into rock, shrink magic attacks and send them flying back to her enemy, turn herself into a giant, or shrink her foes down to the size of an insect. But doing so does not guarantee a win, as instead of casually stomping them like insects, it turned out to be counter-productive as someone at the calibre of Lucy was still capable of fighting back and counter attacking Brandish despite her size.

Someone who is adaptable and dynamic enough, could also achieve the same. No notable fighters have been shown to be defeated, or unable to retaliate, just because they got shrunk. Despite holding back, Brandish did fight Lucy on equal terms and managed to have the upperhand and eventually overpower her. But for all the expectations generated from her hype, it is not sufficient to consider her a credible threat to some of the most formidable and skilled characters.

In her giant form, despite having her foes in her grip, Brandish has yet to display an incredible feat of strength befitting her size. Whereas other behemoths like Celestial Spirit King, Titan Makarov, Acnologia, and even Ikusatsunagi, just to name a few, has shown exceedingly destructive feats of strength that matches their larger physiques. Therefore, I find it hard to be amazed by her power.

Then we go on to her ability to affect the mass of her enemies' organs. She used this power on both August and Natsu, and even secretly does the same for Mirajane after she got blast through her chest with magic. Notice a pattern? Brandish has only employed her magic in such fashion when she takes on the role of a medic. By shrinking the gravity of the wounds, she diminishes the magnitude from fatal to negligible, and is able to heal her foes. But in actual combat, how useful and efficient can this be?

In a straight up fight, Brandish cannot actually erase her foes' existence by shrinking them to nothingness, or enlarge their organs till they rupture and blow up into smithereens. But I guess if Brandish were to keep claiming Lucy and co should not bother fighting her and Alvarez because they would always win with marginal effort, at every chance she gets, shit actually turns from myth to fact.

We know she was unable to even touch Neinhart after he was enhanced by Irene's enchantment, while Natsu proceeded to take him out with a single punch. So her magic has its obvious limitations in what she can apply it to. If her enemies are able to dish out greater magical output in the instances they clash, I see her also unable to alter the size of them or their attacks. And in this group, Laxus, Jellal, Sherria and Erza all have a very strong and reasonable case of falling into this breadth.

Then, we get to her durability. Which I find it lacklustre against the aforementioned characters. Dammit, Mashima did not really help her either. If he wants Brandish to look strong, instead of doing so through direct quotes from characters in the story, which we know by now should be taken with a pinch of salt, he should have given her some legitimate feats during combat.

Unfortunately Mashima seems to have neglected doing so, as Brandish was struck down with a chop to the back of her head by Cana, who was amused by how easy it was.

Going by Cana's statements, if anything, Mashima seems to be backtracking and using her to remind the readers not to get too carried away with the Spriggan hype until it was shown they are able to deliver.

Brandish too, was done in with a knife slash.

Which should be fatal, if we are going by the standards of a regular human. But in a series where it was establish early some characters have ignored such degree of wounds and continue fighting without letting it affect them.

With help from Levy, so could Gajeel stand back up and defeat his foes.

And we have Natsu surviving a gun blast down his throat

All these feats took place even before the Alvarez arc. And it's not like Dimaria enchanted her knife. It leaves a lot more to be desired from Brandish when it comes to her resistance. With her abysmal track record, I have my doubts if she can endure and continue fighting after taking assaults from a few of the combatants in this group, who have some of the most formidable feats of attacks.

Nonetheless, I am probably still going to vote for Brandish as I want to see her advance further and would love it if Erza gets knocked out so quickly. I would however prefer it if I can be convince to vote for Brandish aside from my personal bias.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
My impression of chapter 501 was that Brandish didnt expect DiMaria would slash her, since they are best friends. When DiMaria clicked her teeth, there was another possibility that could happen: DiMaria killing Lucy. In Age Seal, everything (except DiMaria, light, and gravity lol) stops. No impulse moves. No signal transmission happens between one neuron and others. Brandish might have thought DiMaria will kill Lucy, but it turned out that instead of doing so, DiMaria slashed her. So her collapsing could be because she was shocked by what was happening: "why Mari slashed me".

I actually thought the reason why the author made Brandish have such lackadaisical attitude was because 1. She is too dangerous, and 2. By reducing the number of available Spriggan from 12 to 11, it would make his job easier. As far as I know, apart from magic nullification and MP, there is no counter magic to Command T.

Though, yeah I agree, it's unfortunate that her hype wasnt supported by feats. The only feat was her healing August (who should have more MP than her).

Last edited:

Takuan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
To clarify the point on third origin. Third Origin gave Chelia all the power she would have in her lifetime. I don't think there was ever a specified time limit, so we're not giving her a time limit. Chelia did however use all of that power up when she used her secret art against Dimaria, so third origin is not infinite.

Chelia is not limited to only 10 seconds of third origin, nor can Chelia spam her secret art over and over again. Find a middle ground.
Exactly, thanks for the post.
I think i'm theone who started all the talking about 10 seconds, which was referring to the CQC part of the fight only. SHe obviously would have been able to last longer in TO had she not casted her final spell. Though, as she did, we now know that TO is indeed very limited since one spell was enough to entirely deplete her TO time. It is my belief that TO Sherria wouldn't last long enough to defeat Erza considering the durability feats Erza has.
But i think i already made myself clear in my previous post; my stubbornness mainly came about the fact that TO indeed has a limitation, contrary to what some people wanted.

HybridTheory

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Laxus
Jellal
Erza
Brandish

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Erza's in this solely for her ability to tank massive amounts of damage and continue on

Branish one shots most, but we havent seen her bloodlusted in a magic fight so this is a hard one. She has feats, but hasnt delivered yet

Laxus nuke was impressive, but from what we''e seen, the size of a spell does not equal power. And while he may have ohko Ajeel, that loses all hype when Ajeel was defeated by Elfman and Lisanne. His sheer magical ability advances him

Jellal, mainly because zeref called him out as a mage that should have reached him before Grey so clearly the black mage is aware of his power. Along with Laxus

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Erza's in this solely for her ability to tank massive amounts of damage and continue on

Branish one shots most, but we havent seen her bloodlusted in a magic fight so this is a hard one. She has feats, but hasnt delivered yet

Laxus nuke was impressive, but from what we''e seen, the size of a spell does not equal power. And while he may have ohko Ajeel, that loses all hype when Ajeel was defeated by Elfman and Lisanne. His sheer magical ability advances him

Jellal, mainly because zeref called him out as a mage that should have reached him before Grey so clearly the black mage is aware of his power. Along with Laxus
to be honest Laxus casual Nuke and Brandish is one-shotted....even Ajeel has better feats than Brandish

August words----> God words

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
to be honest Laxus casual Nuke and Brandish is one-shotted....even Ajeel has better feats than Brandish

August words----> God words
I respectfully disagree. Besides, you can't be honest about something like that. I could easily say, " To be honest Brandish could easily shrink Laxus nuke like nothing." Like i said the spell was nuke "sized" who knows how lethal it was. Remember, Happy is alive after tanking August''s nuke lol. Its this damn manga hahaha And IF it could one shot ajeel, that dont mean shit since all it took was elfman and lisanne to defeat ajeel. So in that sense, the nuke wasnt THAT immpressive.

For example, Irene's MEGA SEMA spell was "nuke level" but easily countered by something much less impressive. So it was no where near lethal.

In my opinion? 1v1, it would go something like this, if both were blood lusted

-Brandish tries to blow up Laxus's heart and realizes he is her equal so her magic can't affect him peraonally

Laxus rushes her and blasts her with lightening, causing her to fly back.

Branish recovers, and throw pebbles at Laxus, causing them to incease into meteor sized rocks.

Laxus casual Nukes the meteors and nukes Brandish and is stunned when Brandish shrinks his spell so that it only gives her a tiny shock.

Laxus charges her again. But Brandish expands the land, putting vast distances between them before Laxus can reach her.

Shrinking the land back to its original size, Brandish uses the momentum to slam into Laxus and send him crashing into the ground.

Enraged Laxus unleashes lightening dragon roar, only to see it shrink as Brandish grows to titanic portions and forces Laxus on the defensive as she rapidly reduces and expands the land around them.

Acting quickly, Laxus traps Brandish in Thunder Palace that deals her extensive damage.

Brandish returns to her original size and realizes she cant defeat Laxus.

Blood lusted Laxus reads the killing blow and unleashes his strongest attack, Red Lightening.

Brandish senses how powerful the spell is and rapidly shrink the land beneath them so that Laxus is right next to her when red lightening detonates

Both are unable to continue from the damage and its a tie.

Just a fun little scenario i played in my head.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Wish Mashima showed us what Brandish could do, instead of having her be a pacifist and only try to save Natsu and Lucy instead of doing anything else in the war. Like literally, she could wipe out tons of fodders, but she has yet to do that. I suspect one would have to give her a fatal wound that she can't easily recover from, in order to beat her. She can close wounds and minimize bleeding, and she can make wounds bigger and make the enemy bleed out like a stabbed pig.

And if she grows huge, then she'd be pretty tough to beat, no? Assuming her skin would be difficult to pierce. And she'd cover larger areas, so if someone like Erza is too hurt to move out of the way in time, it could mean her loss.

ANd if she can grow small in an instant, she can dodge attacks. Or hell, she can grow small and wait for the right time to grow big again and strike at the right time.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
1.) Jellal- people already acknowledged him as a wizard saint and was defeated by df natsu WHEN HE WAS HYPNOTISED, so he is the strongest here due to his feats. plus he defeated the whole oracion seis incuding cobra who is laxus-tier.......

2.)laxus- second strongest because he was wrecked by base natsu and no promising feats except for beating villains in a deteriorate health state. but still one of the strongest here.

3.) Brandish- imagine a female titan makaroff, and of course a younger one that can go toe to toe with dragons....

4.) Rogue- i somehow have the faith that he is the one to defeat acnologia. Why?? because so far he has no promising feats in the series and its time for him to get one. i am still waiting for his shadow explanation and the true power of his shadow. His dragon seems to be one of the strongest IMO.........

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
1.) Jellal- people already acknowledged him as a wizard saint and was defeated by df natsu WHEN HE WAS HYPNOTISED, so he is the strongest here due to his feats. plus he defeated the whole oracion seis incuding cobra who is laxus-tier......
Does Jellal being hypnotized/brainwashed at the time make a difference?
Cobra isnt Laxus tier lol, at best he's Base Sting tier.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Does Jellal being hypnotized/brainwashed at the time make a difference?
Cobra isnt Laxus tier lol, at best he's Base Sting tier.
i dont remember sting having a feat that is equivalnt to cobra oneshotting zero. plus cobra's hearing prowess is on acnologia's level. so..... and as for jellal's case, when you are hypnotised, there is no nakama to help you.....

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Lol Idk why anything before X792 even matters, the power inflation is ridiculous. God Serena can defeat 4 people who are greater than or equal to X791 Jellal, and does so without getting hurt.

Odds are Laxus beats Jellal in a fight. He's a more rounded combatant.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
i dont remember sting having a feat that is equivalnt to cobra oneshotting zero. plus cobra's hearing prowess is on acnologia's level. so..... and as for jellal's case, when you are hypnotised, there is no nakama to help you.....
Cobra didnt oneshot Zero, he oneshotted Brain, besides it was a surprise attack. Should i start calling Aria stronger than Jellal cause he oneshotted Makarov?
Villains never have nakama to help them anyway, Jellal being hypnotized is just him being the same as any other villain.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
i am pretty sure the damage that jellal done to acnologia is more significant than the combination of attacks of team tenrou.... well jella was already a wizard saint. nobody even expected laxus to be on their level, lol not even his own grandfather....... plus laxus cant even tank a base natsu attack lmao while jella was fighting a dragon force natsu.. so i dont really see him on jellal's level. he is just hyped since he is a dragon slayer and makaroff's brat's brat

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
i am pretty sure the damage that jellal done to acnologia is more significant than the combination of attacks of team tenrou.... well jella was already a wizard saint. nobody even expected laxus to be on their level, lol not even his own grandfather....... plus laxus cant even tank a base natsu attack lmao while jella was fighting a dragon force natsu.. so i dont really see him on jellal's level. he is just hyped since he is a dragon slayer and makaroff's brat's brat
For Jellal's sake I should hope so, since everyone who attacked Acnologia on Tenrou was fodder. The strongest two who hit him were Mirajane and Erza.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Cobra didnt oneshot Zero, he oneshotted Brain, besides it was a surprise attack. Should i start calling Aria stronger than Jellal cause he oneshotted Makarov?
Villains never have nakama to help them anyway, Jellal being hypnotized is just him being the same as any other villain.
depends on how you think. plus oneshotting someone isnt a mere thing. if they can tank it, you are finished. even natsu surprise attack mard geer with lfd mode when sting and rogue was distracting him, but unfortunate for him he couldnt leave a scratch on mard geer. if i am not mistaken it was zero let me check again
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
For Jellal's sake I should hope so, since everyone who attacked Acnologia on Tenrou was fodder. The strongest two who hit him were Mirajane and Erza.
you are forgetting laxus, he asked them to combine their power with his....

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Top 4 Participants in Group C

1) Laxus Dreyar / Jellal Fernandes

I can see either one of these guys coming out on top. At this point, it is pretty clear that Laxus is one of Fairy Tail's strongest members. Out of everyone in this group, he probably has the edge in strength and AoE. Either way, he took down Wahl which is a notable feat in itself and even had hype going for him against Ajeel (even though I don't put too much emphasis on that).

2) Jellal Fernandes / Laxus Dreyar

As for Jellal, he one-shotted Neinhart. While that may not seem impressive in the grand scheme of things, it's no laughing matter either. Aside from that, he hasn't had many feats. August doesn't really count because any magic besides holder-type magic can be countered. Plus, we already saw some Jellal's spells and they seem quite powerful. In terms of stats, I would say Jellal has the edge in versatility and magic power.

3) Erza Scarlet

While most of her fights were filled with PoF, one cannot deny that she has a lot of endurance and stamina. At the beginning of the arc, she was able to defeat Ajeel. Then, later, she fought Irene. This alone proves that she is Spriggan-tier.

4) TO Sherria

I think Third Origin is one of the most underrated power-ups in the entire series. Although I admit Sherria is a rather weak mage, the power she received from Ultear should boost her to Spriggan level. Also, one thing I disagree with many people here is the fact that Sherria only won against Dimaria because of slaying advantage. Looking back at the chapter, the only advantage I saw was Sherria's magic reverting Dimaria to her base form.

The panels before this already show Dimaria in the process of reverting. So I'm inclined to think that Sherria defeated Dimaria fair and square. I'll wait for the anime to confirm it though.

5) Brandish μ

I simply cannot hype Brandish to a level she isn't at. I think organ bursting and anything of that sort is massively overrated among the community. Until she shows that she can do it on a high-tier mage, I won't use it as an argument especially in battles like these. Besides, we've already seen that durability isn't really her strongest point. She was slightly damaged by Lucy who isn't even Spriggan-tier herself.

I understand Brandish was holding back in this fight, but still, her feats are somewhat average for a Spriggan.

6) Kagura Mikazuchi

In my opinion, Kagura is one of the strongest side characters in this arc. In the beginning, we saw her fight Dimaria briefly and both were seemingly on equal terms. And then, later, she fought Larcade. If I were to powerscale her, I'd say she is below Erza & Mirajane but above Lucy & Wendy.

7) Rogue Cheney / Jura Neekis

This one is a tough one. Honestly, I can see it going both ways. Neither of them have shown massive improvement this arc. But one thing for sure is that Rogue was able to fight a Spriggan historia. That is a pretty decent feat. But would it be enough to put him above Jura? I don't know.

8) Jura Neekis / Rogue Cheney

The problem with Jura is that he lacked a lot of feats this arc. His fight against God Serena wasn't really impressive. And that is understandable to a certain extent since God Serena is powerful Spriggan. Either way, Jura still had a lot of hype going for him at the beginning of the arc, so he isn't really a fodder.

Last edited:

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
depends on how you think. plus oneshotting someone isnt a mere thing. if they can tank it, you are finished. even natsu surprise attack mard geer with lfd mode when sting and rogue was distracting him, but unfortunate for him he couldnt leave a scratch on mard geer. if i am not mistaken it was zero let me check again
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

you are forgetting laxus, he asked them to combine their power with his....
Mard was already combat ready though, Cobra took Brain out while he still considered Cobra an ally. Plus Natsu was considerably weaker than Mard, Brain and Cobra are more or less equals.

No, Laxus didnt take part in the attack on Acnologia, he sat back talking with Makarov and Gildarts, who also didnt attack.

joodaa

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
England
5) Brandish μ

I simply cannot hype Brandish to a level she isn't at. I think organ bursting and anything of that sort is massively overrated among the community. Until she shows that she can do it on a high-tier mage, I won't use it as an argument especially in battles like these. Besides, we've already seen that durability isn't really her strongest point. She was slightly damaged by Lucy who isn't even Spriggan-tier herself.

Spoiler: Brandish Damaged by Lucy

I understand Brandish was holding back in this fight, but still, her feats are somewhat average for a Spriggan.
The reason we think Brandish was holding back was because DiMaria said she was, and given the relationship we've seen between them DiMaria has probably seen Brandish use her magic, which would then lead her so surmise that Brandish was holding back with Lucy.
This is then supported by the fact that just prior to those scans you produced Brandish dropped Natsu by enlarging his END/cancer thing. I guess it may depend on where you rank Natsu among the people in this group but I'd put him on the same level as Laxus/Jellal and at the least with Erza, so wouldn't that mean according to your top 4 that should put Brandish at 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.