Group - Group C | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group C

Which 4 Wizards Will Advance?

• Brandish μ

Votes: 68 80.0%
  • Erza Scarlet

Votes: 65 76.5%
  • Jellal Fernandes

Votes: 79 92.9%
  • Jura Neekis

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Kagura Mikazuchi

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 75 88.2%
  • Rogue Cheney

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Sherria Blendy

Votes: 17 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
What TO Sherria showed against Dimaria: 10 seconds of CQC, then a God Slayer Art. With only that, TO was gone.
If you're thinking that this would be enough to defeat Erza before TO runs out, i'll have to disagree.
Her other spells (you named Sky God's Bellow and Boreas) would also consume her time of TO just like her GS secret art. At the ed of the day, she won't be able to best Erza's durability with such a low TO time.
Cannonically, the maximum TO can accomplish before Sherria runs out of magic forever is defeating Chronos. Immediately after that, TO is gone, which is a fact. Her GS magic being super effective against Dimaria, it is my belief that this power needed to defeat her isn't enough to defeat Erza.
EVEN if we assume her extremely limited ammount of TO time is as destructive as an Irene's claw swipe, Erza would still be able to beat Sherria.
Add to that Erza has her Wind Empress Armour to counter Sherria's winds.

This will give Erza a huge advantage.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
this means Gmc Laxus and Gmc Jellal is fodders too and anyone below that level....
Absolutely! A fodder is especially relative in vs battles. For example, GMC Laxus & Jellal are characters of the past and are fodders compared to the S12 of the now.

Mashima is also able to dispose of Jura along with 3WS vs Serena, further illustrating their fodder status in the grand scheme of things.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Cannonically, the maximum TO can accomplish before Sherria runs out of magic forever is defeating Chronos. Immediately after that, TO is gone, which is a fact.
She can't spam on her enough and self heal herself? Sherria used Heavenly Clouds (I said wings for some reason lol) against Wendy but missed, it didn't tap her out though. I'll give you the time limit but she can spam way enough to overtake Erza's durability. Plus who has better CQC too, Sherria or Erza?

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
That would only empower Sherria. Erza wind god gives her no advantage against a wind elemental user.
Wait when it was stated it doesn't give her resistance against Wind attacks?

Enima

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
It gives her resistance against wind attacks but at the same time Erza can only use wind type attacks too. She can just use Wind Empress Armour for ten seconds and after TO wears off use nakagami armor to finish Sherria off.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Resistance armor's are given the moniker "empress". Erza's new wind armor was called "Wind God's Armor" unless i'm mistaken and seemed to be more focused on actual usage of the element, something "empress" armors rarely ever displayed, possibly not at all from what i can recall from the manga.

Even so TO Cheria still isnt particularly powerful offensively so i doubt she could put down someone with Erza's level of endurance, even without Wind Resistance.

Solitrine

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
What TO Sherria showed against Dimaria: 10 seconds of CQC, then a God Slayer Art. With only that, TO was gone.
If you're thinking that this would be enough to defeat Erza before TO runs out, i'll have to disagree.
Her other spells (you named Sky God's Bellow and Boreas) would also consume her time of TO just like her GS secret art. At the ed of the day, she won't be able to best Erza's durability with such a low TO time.
Cannonically, the maximum TO can accomplish before Sherria runs out of magic forever is defeating Chronos. Immediately after that, TO is gone, which is a fact. Her GS magic being super effective against Dimaria, it is my belief that this power needed to defeat her isn't enough to defeat Erza.
EVEN if we assume her extremely limited ammount of TO time is as destructive as an Irene's claw swipe, Erza would still be able to beat Sherria.
There is no point in having Chelia in the tournament if you assume that TO only lasts for a small amount of time. The fighter is Third Origin Chelia, so she'd stay in that form permanently for the purpose of the tournament. Just like how it would be useless to have DF Natsu as a fighter but only for the 10 second limit (or however long it was) that he showed against Mard Geer.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
It was never stated to give her wind resistance in the first place. The best she did was do basic wind attacks and that's about it.

Plus God Slayer's elemental nature even overpowers Dragon Slayer's of the same element, and have bypass DS resistance to their own element. Wind God is definitely not resisting Sky God Slayer anything.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
It gives her resistance against wind attacks but at the same time Erza can only use wind type attacks too. She can just use Wind Empress Armour for ten seconds and after TO wears off use nakagami armor to finish Sherria off.
Resistance armor's are given the moniker "empress". Erza's new wind armor was called "Wind God's Armor" unless i'm mistaken and seemed to be more focused on actual usage of the element, something "empress" armors rarely ever displayed, possibly not at all from what i can recall from the manga.

Even so TO Cheria still isnt particularly powerful offensively so i doubt she could put down someone with Erza's level of endurance, even without Wind Resistance.

It was never stated to give her wind resistance in the first place. The best she did was do basic wind attacks and that's about it.

Plus God Slayer's elemental nature even overpowers Dragon Slayer's element, and have bypass DS resistance to their own element. Wind God is definitely not resisting Sky God Slayer anything.
So there isn't any hard evidence that it doesn't give her resistance.

Though God>Empress

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
So there isn't any hard evidence that it doesn't give her resistance.

Though God>Empress
Nothing really showed Wind God was anything but a basic armor for her tho. She definitely didn't show any resistance feats or suggested anything of the sort.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Nothing really showed Wind God was anything but a basic armor for her tho. She definitely didn't show any resistance feats or suggested anything of the sort.
I wish we could have asked Sensei about this like we can ask Nakaba Sensei about NNT.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I do not know where this 10 seconds thing comes from but Solitrine is right. The Sherria in this tourney is Third Origin version.

Takuan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
She can't spam on her enough and self heal herself? Sherria used Heavenly Clouds (I said wings for some reason lol) against Wendy but missed, it didn't tap her out though. I'll give you the time limit but she can spam way enough to overtake Erza's durability. Plus who has better CQC too, Sherria or Erza?

How do yoou know she can spam enough while in TO? In the manga she was not able to do so. She was only able to use one spell.
WHy do you think Sherria is a better CQC fighter than Erza?

There is no point in having Chelia in the tournament if you assume that TO only lasts for a small amount of time. The fighter is Third Origin Chelia, so she'd stay in that form permanently for the purpose of the tournament. Just like how it would be useless to have DF Natsu as a fighter but only for the 10 second limit (or however long it was) that he showed against Mard Geer.
I do not know where this 10 seconds thing comes from but Solitrine is right. The Sherria in this tourney is Third Origin version.
Of course there is a point in having Sherria with only a limited TO. Would you give Mira an unlimited amount of Alegria when it's contrary to what was shown in the manga?
The very purpose of TO is to give access to her future maximum power and then she becomes useless. Such a power is given at a high cost; removing this cost is absurd and contrary to the manga.
That's my opinion at least. @DiMaria Yesta i wanted to check that at the begining of the tournamenet and asked about TO Sherria in the Tournamenet hangout thread. I think it was Axiomus who answered me, and said TO Sherria was supposed to be judged based on the cannon version of TO, ending after 10 seconds of CQC and one secret art spell.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Wind God Armor isn't like the other Empress Armors,it would make Sherria more powerful since she'd just eat the wind from it and maintain her magic power.
Also,after reading some of the points on here,I was initially about to change my vote from TO Sherria to Erza,but that was with a limited TO.
Erza>Limited TO Sherria
Unlimited TO Sherria>Erza.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Well @Axiomus said this

Use the canon version of any character or power-up. Canonically, 3rd origin runs out after Chelia used her godslaying secret art. I don't believe 3rd origin ever had a specified time limit. It was simply until Chelia used up all the power she would ever have access to in her lifetime.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
thats the case the its a question of if TO sherria has enough attack power to take down erza endurance. the answer is no. we can argue that her slayer advantage gives her a boost of why she was able to take down dimaria

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
To clarify the point on third origin. Third Origin gave Chelia all the power she would have in her lifetime. I don't think there was ever a specified time limit, so we're not giving her a time limit. Chelia did however use all of that power up when she used her secret art against Dimaria, so third origin is not infinite.

Chelia is not limited to only 10 seconds of third origin, nor can Chelia spam her secret art over and over again. Find a middle ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.